8 replies to this topic

#1 Rammm

Rammm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Is there any way to change my skillbars to Numbers instead of function keys?

#2 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

no, what's wrong with the (alt) f1-12 keys ?

Edited by nikst3r, 26 November 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#3 coldcut333

coldcut333

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

I wanted to do this today,used a program called keytweak and it works great.http://www.tucows.com/preview/327616

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Changing the keyboard option to Enter Mode will cause the primary skill bar to use number keys, and the secondary skill bar to use function keys.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Changing the keyboard option to Enter Mode will cause the primary skill bar to use number keys, and the secondary skill bar to use function keys.

What he said, cause hes pimp :dunno:

#6 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

OK first, according to the latest patch notes regarding skill bars (link), this is actually the opposite: in enter mode, the primary skill bar still uses F keys while the secondary skill bar can use both Alt keys and keys "1" through "="

And secondly, KEYS "1" THROUGH "=" DON'T WORK FOR SKILL BARS ON AZERTY KEYBOARDS. This is like the 4th time I'm saying it and still not even an acknowledgement or even an answer from anyone at Gravity

Exactly the same problem as this: Alt+1/2/3 to change skillbars not working on AZERTY keyboards (link). And this topic even explains how to find a solution (already said several times too)

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

OK first, according to the latest patch notes regarding skill bars (link), this is actually the opposite: in enter mode, the primary skill bar still uses F keys while the secondary skill bar can use both Alt keys and keys "1" through "="

And secondly, KEYS "1" THROUGH "=" DON'T WORK FOR SKILL BARS ON AZERTY KEYBOARDS. This is like the 4th time I'm saying it and still not even an acknowledgement or even an answer from anyone at Gravity

Exactly the same problem as this: Alt+1/2/3 to change skillbars not working on AZERTY keyboards (link). And this topic even explains how to find a solution (already said several times too)

Send me an AZERTY keyboard and I'd be happy to resolve your issues. The code for skill bar hot keys and character selection are very different design wise, so it's not as simple as copy/paste.

#8 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Send me an AZERTY keyboard and I'd be happy to resolve your issues.

You don't even need an AZERTY keyboard to test it, you just have to change your keyboard settings in Windows.
I tried changing my settings to a QWERTY keyboard and then of course everything worked fine for the skill bars, but I can't really use this setting more than a few seconds because I can't know what I'm going to type without looking at a picture of a QWERTY keyboard everytime

To change your keyboard settings (for Windows XP, but it's probably similar in Vista or Seven):

Control panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> then:

Posted Image

then:

Posted Image

Then select:
  • Input language: French (France)
  • Keyboard layout/IME: French
Then you will be able to switch between the 2 keyboard configurations (AZERTY / QWERTY) with shortcuts that you can modify by clicking on the "Key settings" button in the picture above (I think by default it's Left Alt + Left Shift)

(And of course if you want to know what an AZERTY keyboard looks like: http://3.bp.blogspot...erty+qwerty.jpg where red characters require the use of the Shift key)

((While you're at it, you may also realize that we can't even type the green characters in ROSE - these characters require the use of Alt Gr or Ctrl+Alt. This "nice" bug has been here since the update that came with the reset of iROSE in May 2005))

Edit: typo

Edited by Niluje, 06 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#9 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Send me an AZERTY keyboard and I'd be happy to resolve your issues. The code for skill bar hot keys and character selection are very different design wise, so it's not as simple as copy/paste.

See what I told you?!

Again, I write a detailed explanation, and again, not even a word from any dev!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users