About first hit loot priority in MVPing - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

About first hit loot priority in MVPing

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

All loot should be changed to be MVP rewards, that way they automatically go into the MVPers inventory, and not just the OBB's and OPB's.

^ There's the suggestion.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

The only problem I have with that is that as a party you don't see what your killer gets and that the loot may infact disappear if they have too many items on them.

highly likely in ET.

#28 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

If you want to report someone for doing something ill-mannered then please just do it. If you're just stirring things up to cause drama, then I'll lock this. If you have a concrete suggestion as to how the game can be improved, then make that without dragging specific people into it. Accusing people of ill-mannered activities on the forums is a great way to get your thread locked.

Sure I'll apologize for bringing it up. Since he already admitted what he does, I have nothing further to say about that. However, there's no possible way to report what he does if its the mvp system that allows it you know. They'll just brush it off as it being "working as intended", and in this case, literally. That's why I never bothered to.

#29 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

All loot should be changed to be MVP rewards, that way they automatically go into the MVPers inventory, and not just the OBB's and OPB's.

That way you''ll deal 800k damage to an MVP and with about 200k HP left comes a sura from out of nowhere and does 999,999+ Gfist and gets all the loots? Cool story bro :P

#30 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

I've had people sit and watch me damage MVP's and when they notice a change in MVP behavior or think I've done enough, they go and one shot it, proceeding to ridicule me and/or thank me for my "help", grab the loots, and wing out.

I don't know, I understand competition and I accept that I wasn't strong enough to finish the MVP in a timely manner but come on...
There's really no point in MVPing when you see a Gen or Sura or some high-hitting class roll up right next to you.

I'm not attempting to single out classes, because SC's and such can do the same. I just feel that there's something not necessarily right with the system now, and how people can just sit there and let you damage an MVP and then hop in when they feel the time's right and end it, snatch up the loots, and go on to their next immoral MVPing act.

It may be legal, but it just feels wrong to me for someone to do that.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

That way you''ll deal 800k damage to an MVP and with about 200k HP left comes a sura from out of nowhere and does 999,999+ Gfist and gets all the loots? Cool story bro :P

It's tough and I understand that, overflow damage shouldn't count.

bu in the current enviroment all I can say is kill faster! It's is a COMPETITION. It's called MVPing not "baddie wailing on it for 30 mins getting the loots-ing"

#32 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

It's tough and I understand that, overflow damage shouldn't count.

bu in the current enviroment all I can say is kill faster! It's is a COMPETITION. It's called MVPing not "baddie wailing on it for 30 mins getting the loots-ing"

In the ccurrent enviroment its called: MakeASuraOrGeneticBecauseOtherClassesAreJustTooSlowToKillMVP and it applies even more with the gravestone.

Edited by HRdevil, 24 November 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#33 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

In the ccurrent enviroment its called: MakeASuraOrGeneticBecauseOtherClassesAreJustTooSlowToKillMVP and it applies even more with the gravestone.

I hear ya on that ;(

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Well yes, but it takes like 3 days with turn ins *shrug*

I bet I can outmvp genetics with my GX tho.

#35 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Oh yea, clearly I haven't played this game long enough to know someone using greed when I see it. Clearly.

Hm. I'd like to see more of a balance to be honest. Reversing the loot tables is also problematic since it would make it so easy for a character like 120 STR sura or gen decked out in godlies to monopolize all the valuable MVP drops...the rich get richer kind of deal. And this is coming from someone who plays one of those classes. I don't mind first hit being a factor, but as it it stands right now with the current system, it sometimes feels like it's the only factor. I'd like to see something like the first hit multiplier decreased (to maybe something like 1.2x), or to set some of the more valuable loots as MVP rewards.

Edited by radiogaga, 24 November 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#36 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Please refrain from making irrelevant posts on my thread. I'd rather not see it get locked.

#37 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Mhikeey, care to share why Genetics and Sura aren't the dominating MVP classes?

@Xellie, About the 3 day of making a new class to MVP is not cool. It's like a part time job to play on something you don't like and log into it just for out MVP'ing the competition.

Edited by HRdevil, 24 November 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#38 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Maybe the "first hit priority" can just be tweaked to contribute to who gets MVP. And who the MVP is gets the loot priority.

I don't see why people hate suras and genetics so much. Haven't you guys played pre-renewal? Even if you were a Champ, it doesn't mean you were an "MVP champ". A lot of people had to make 2 Champs, one for MVP and one for WoE. MVP champs were very hard to level too back then. Now it's a lot easier, you can make a 150 Sura this week alone if you really put the effort and resources in. If you want to MVP, make an MVP char. What's wrong with that? This is an RPG after all. If you want to role play a Ranger who wards off satan morroc by all means no one's stopping you, but there are other classes that can do it more efficiently.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Mhikeey, care to share why Genetics and Sura aren't the dominating MVP classes?

@Xellie, About the 3 day of making a new class to MVP is not cool. It's like a part time job to play on something you don't like and log into it just for out MVP'ing the competition.

True, but all classes have their own roles, right? You shouldn't be hating on the class as much as the people that have made these classes PURELY to MVP. Most MVPers don't exactly LIKE playing their pure gfist sura outside of MVPing.

beleive me, I've made many classes to suppliment MVPing, things I didn't want to play. A pure fist champ, a pure sac pally. I did all that pre-re.

You admit it's hard work, unpleasant to do, don't they deserve something for the trouble?

Or should all players be the same? BRB WoEing on an agi/str/luk Warlock.

#40 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I don't get it, you expect to win an MvP by NOT playing an MvPing class? MvPing is supposed to be a competition, not a freaking joke of who gets the hit first, loots without winning the MvP and bwings. People who do that make me sick. Oh, and say it's intended to balance out biochemists and champs when this system existed before the classes even existed. Maybe when you are not aware of why certain systems exists, you should refrain from commenting on them.

Actually, I don't understand how somebody so woefully ignorant about the game and one that has no idea what is good for the game and what isn't ever became a mod.

Edited by Hrishi, 24 November 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#41 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

BRB WoEing on an agi/str/luk Warlock.

My build has been revealed :P

#42 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Lol this is so old. The MVP looting system is bad and outdated, everybody knows that.

The problem is that the community (or certain individuals) rather abuses exploits the system than trys to set a good example of fairness towards others.

#43 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Ugh, i remember when i was swordman, 3 years ago and i saw a 99 champ fisting the valk, the champ bwinged and i took all the loots, it was a valk armor, valhalla flower, valk mant and i don't remember what else, the champ came back and i just gave it to him, he gave me 10m for holding his loots. Well i'm not sure why people are so greedy sometimes.

#44 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

oldfa* talking about fair and dignity in this old game.

#45 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ugh, i remember when i was swordman, 3 years ago and i saw a 99 champ fisting the valk, the champ bwinged and i took all the loots, it was a valk armor, valhalla flower, valk mant and i don't remember what else, the champ came back and i just gave it to him, he gave me 10m for holding his loots. Well i'm not sure why people are so greedy sometimes.

With the new generation of babied players with weekly turn in events and constant 2x exp + pay2win, It's highly unlikely to find people like that now. :P

Edited by HRdevil, 24 November 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

wanna know the best part? turn in babies on a sura still wouldn't win MVPs vs competant players.

how do i use kvm weapon to mvp

#47 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

What's silly is that I've been fighting Amon Ra on my genetic lately, and there's always been a sura there each time. I get 2 acid bombs in, each doing near 100k damage, and he Gfists and gets MVP every time.

I'm 100% positive that my acid bombs hit before gfist and yet I never get MVP. what's up with that?

MVP looting is very silly. IMO, all mvp drops should go straight to the player's inventory and everyone who touched the MVP for more than a certain % of it's health should have a chance of getting drops.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 24 November 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#48 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

With the new generation of babied players with weekly turn in events and constant 2x exp + pay2win, It's highly unlikely to find people like that now. :P

Parents dont teach their childrens nowdays, how sad.

#49 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

:P we had to give up on gloom because of this dumb system

stacking your charas to mvp is useless when you're competing against people with infinite mirrors. mvping shouldn't be about who has the most mirrors. never even bothered with amon ra with all the people who camp there

having first hit should give a slight advantage, but it shouldn't virtually determine who gets drops. it's just dum dum and it's extremely discouraging, especially when you constantly out-mvp your competition and you never get rewarded

you may get lucky and compete against friendly people who will give your drops back but yeah that has never happened to me ever. and if a card drops, you won't get that back. seriously, would YOU give it back? should rather have a system that doesn't encourage being a douche

#50 jackyan26

jackyan26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I don't get it, you expect to win an MvP by NOT playing an MvPing class? MvPing is supposed to be a competition, not a freaking joke of who gets the hit first, loots without winning the MvP and bwings.

If you could pull up ANYTHING that clearly DEFINES ANY CLASS as a MVPing class, then you'd have a valid point. Otherwise this statement is pure rubbish.
Your so-called MVPing class is no more than an idea that players themselves planted over time. While some classes are better at MVPing than others, that does NOT mean they're simply to dominate MVPing leaving others no chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users