Question on compound cards and ele weapons - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question on compound cards and ele weapons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Ok, so I'm using a Gakk carded (yeah, old school I know) with one element and one race, elemental arrow of choice. 9x base DEX, a DS does a low 3k+.

Along comes a level 8x bard using an elemental bow (at least that's what it says on Ropd) - he does a DS and clocks a low 4k+. Even if he's buffed, I had to do a double take. + foods? Didn't ask - was picking up my jaw from the floor.

Don't mean to be spoonfed, but are ele weapons the new way to go, and can someone please point me in the direction of Renewal card mechanics? Thanks.

#2 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

elemental bows just do 25% more dmg with their proper arrows. (fire bow + fire arrow etc.)
racial cards do 20% more dmg but those 20% only apply to your weapon attack (and equip that gives weapon attack such as porcellio card). while the 25% more dmg of the elemental bows go towards your final dmg. so that would include not only your weapon dmg but also the damage you gain from dex and luck and whatnot. so yes, elemental bows are alot stronger than normal bows.

currently the best bow ingame, as far as i know is the orc archer bow (50% more dmg with steel arrow or something like that). that's the bow everyone wants currently.

it will soon be replaced by the elven bow + elven arrow combo (also 50% more dmg i think), currently elven arrows aren't ingame, though. i think they come with 14.1? don't quote me on that though.

TL;DR:

best bow currently: orc archer.
best bow soon: elven

Edited by Agahim, 25 November 2011 - 03:50 AM.

#3 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Orc Archer Bow + Steel Arrow + endow for the monster = high dmg

he could also have many more equips that have boosted him
as for the elemental bow.....hmm...you are saying it very very vaguely so i cant really help u on this

basically the OAB+Steel arrow+endow is very very good so go for that if u can afford

my chaser was doing 1.4k dmg with a +8 Gakkung per hit on Severe Rainstorm
it went to 2.4k when i switched to OAB n Steel Arrow combo

the results are obvious and significant :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users