Rangers Overly Nerffed - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rangers Overly Nerffed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

So, doing woe sense the beginning of renewal. I see that rangers are overly nerffed. Then get a 90% damage reduction to all ranged attacks. I think thats to much. WAY TO MUCH. If you have most of the classes ONE SHOTTING with ONE SKILL. WHAT MAKES RANGERS SO SPECIAL TO NERF? They dont have one skill capable of one shotting. If it would be it probably be aimed bolt... but you have to use that in a row with warg bite or ankle snare.. or something like that...but its nerfed. Monks having 2! Gfist and Gates of hell one shotting people wiht up to 17k a proc. You have dragon breath, which if it doesnt one shot you it takes out a 3rd of your HP. You have sorcs and warlocks have Misty, Frost, Psychic Wave, and just massive AOEs that can one shot you. Its worse being around them because they got a <_< load of variety. If your not wearing water armor they get you with earth or wind... if your wearing fire they just get you with water...

You have genetics with these skills they close in onyou with and if you touch it, you just die.

Rangers... what do they get? Some :unsure: regular attacks that dont DO :( damage.. they have fire trap... which got nerffed... its seen as a nerf because that was actually their ownly decent form of damage before. They have Bomb Cluster, but you cant place that under a mob.. so its hard to put it anywhere in a room full of you, your party, and the enemy.

We finally get an AOE, and i think it does decent damage when maxed. BUT NOT IN PVP BECAUSE ITS A RANGED ATTACK. which i dont understand why it wouldnt have a similar effect as severe rainstorm sense rangers are a friggin arrow using class... and thats what a friggin arrow storm should looklike.

I dont understand the logic of nerffing rangers attacks SO MUCH when you have all these classes that multiple skills that can potentially ONE SHOT A PERSON! If not one shot take out most of your friggin 15k HP! If it has to do with regular attacks from a ranger might be so strong. MAKE IT SO THE REGULAR ATTACKS DO LIKE 40% less the regular damage! So i can atleast do 400-600 damage a ranged attack. Its frustrating walking into a map... everyone knowing your the weakest class on their screen the moment they see you and or your warg... then BAM gates of hell, BAM Frost Misty, BAM comet, BAM some random genetic skill that is really annoying. and your dead...........

I feel like the nerfing really lazy-ly planned out. I WANNA BE ABLE TO KILL PEOPLE ON THE CLASS I ENJOY AND LOVE!

Edited by Arec, 25 November 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Have you looked at any of the stuff they've buffed? The ranger buffs are quite good actually. I'll honestly tell you you have no idea what you're talking about. Also why do you only have 15k hp... my soul linker has more than that X_X

#3 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

Also AB from Genetecist only do 50% damage on players, ranged atack, mainly neutral, blocked by pneuma, RK and Sura need to be really nerfed alot!

#4 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Have you looked at any of the stuff they've buffed? The ranger buffs are quite good actually. I'll honestly tell you you have no idea what you're talking about. Also why do you only have 15k hp... my soul linker has more than that X_X

Have you seen the Warg Bite that has been significantly nerfed? We don't have any defensive skills that's reliable. I'm glad that your soul linker has more than 15k hp. I can tell you that I barely hit 20k, and only do so with the help of large HP increase pots. I can't even wear anything that neutralizes or decreases damage, because everything is heavily invested in ASPD in order to get 193, which I can only achieve with +20 AGI food. If you don't have a Ranger and don't woe with it, obviously you don't know our struggles.

#5 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

Do you PLAY a ranger? DURING WOE? ALL RANGED ATTACKED ARE NERFED BY 75-90% i do 100s as REGULAR attacks, and I CANT BREAK 2k DAMAGE WITH ANY SKILL.

you say i dont know what im talking about when i have legit experience. Questioning experience is friggin insane.

#6 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Do you PLAY a ranger? DURING WOE? ALL RANGED ATTACKED ARE NERFED BY 75-90% i do 100s as REGULAR attacks, and I CANT BREAK 2k DAMAGE WITH ANY SKILL.

you say i dont know what im talking about when i have legit experience. Questioning experience is friggin insane.

Im not THE BEST ranger out there... but I played a sorc that was lower level then my ranger, and its survivability was alot higher, and they hit really hard with psychic wave. But they spam there aoes too... they can combo with aoes REALLY well... and i dont enjoy sorcerer but i can tell if i want to live... i should be playing sorc. But i wanna woe on a ranger and i cant do this because of all this obnoxious one hitting rangers so easily.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

If you're not playing a Ranger, just don't get involved in this conversation because you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Yes, the ranged damage reduction is brutal and I still don't see why it's reduced. Mobility in WoE is fast paced with group buffs, speed potions, snap, back slide and Rangers getting a distance advantage is pretty much meaningless, so there should be no warrant for ranged damage nerfs. I'm starting to think that Ranger's attack distance is meaningless in WoE since you got Warlocks with full screen spells which make them the best ranged attackers in the game.

It's difficult to get 193 ASPD on a Ranger so they can't really hitstun you unless you're being attacked by 2 bow rangers which doesn't happen at all. Rangers might be good for precasting but if you get rushed by a whole guild, Ranger can only do so much with Suras snapping from Ankle Snares, RGs Earth Driving all your traps, and Sorcs triggering all the SP traps which is useless to them since they got infinite SP supply.

#8 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

I don't play a ranger, but I play a Wanderer [aka "the best bow class on this phase of renewal"] and well, so I can comment about things I can say.

Be glad Arrow Storm works this way, and deals a full damage in one hit, unlike the 10/12 of Rainstorm. When the balance come, you will be hitting fixed 1800% (and going to 2700 with base 150), and able to stack with Lex Aeterna/Deep Sleep Lullaby. Severe Rainstorm has cool effects, but believe me, it is HORRIBLE. You can't use Sleep/Frozen/Chaos status arrows/cards with it, it has no stackment with Lex Aeterna, and dealing one hit every 0.3 seconds... Well, you can use 6+ potions per second with intense clicking, so SR deals nothing while AS has a powerful burst damage. [Edit: After the balance. The 700% nowadays is... well... sad.]

Also. SR got severely nerfed, heavily separating support from attack builds. While attack builds can deal around 75% of they would deal now, support builds... Will find Arrow Shower being more reliable. So please, don't complain about Arrow Storm. I will be using Arrow Shower to level. /sigh

And 15k hp? What are your build, seriously? [don't take it as an offensive comment, this is a normal question] My wanderer reaches 37k [26k naked, but only my girlfriend knows this really], and everybody knows both classes have the same HP mod. With 15k, you die easily, because I will admit it, skills hit so damn hard. Clashing Spirals eat 60% of my life [that is around 20k], GoH leaving me with under 10%, and so on. D:

If there was not the 75% ranged skill reduction, stacked with the 40+% demi-human resistance, maybe the damage would not be that bad.

And for traps. I overheard kRO allowed Cluster Bomb to be placed beneath targets. It would be fair, considering the 1x1 activation area. Fire and Ice trap only needed "cast time" and delay [Because spamming traps on aspd delay was stupid, believe me, all chasers abused this]. But then they added this to the Hunter traps, that are already "hard to set". And the terrible split damage ):

Point is. If a class needed to be nerfed, Ranger should not be that one.

Edited by asayuu, 25 November 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#9 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

I don't play a ranger, but I play a Wanderer [aka "the best bow class on this phase of renewal"] and well, so I can comment about things I can say.

Be glad Arrow Storm works this way, and deals a full damage in one hit, unlike the 10/12 of Rainstorm. When the balance come, you will be hitting fixed 1800% (and going to 2700 with base 150), and able to stack with Lex Aeterna/Deep Sleep Lullaby. Severe Rainstorm has cool effects, but believe me, it is HORRIBLE. You can't use Sleep/Frozen/Chaos status arrows/cards with it, it has no stackment with Lex Aeterna, and dealing one hit every 0.3 seconds... Well, you can use 6+ potions per second with intense clicking, so SR deals nothing while AS has a powerful burst damage. [Edit: After the balance. The 700% nowadays is... well... sad.]

Also. SR got severely nerfed, heavily separating support from attack builds. While attack builds can deal around 75% of they would deal now, support builds... Will find Arrow Shower being more reliable. So please, don't complain about Arrow Storm. I will be using Arrow Shower to level. /sigh

And 15k hp? What are your build, seriously? [don't take it as an offensive comment, this is a normal question] My wanderer reaches 37k [26k naked, but only my girlfriend knows this really], and everybody knows both classes have the same HP mod. With 15k, you die easily, because I will admit it, skills hit so damn hard. Clashing Spirals eat 60% of my life [that is around 20k], GoH leaving me with under 10%, and so on. D:

If there was not the 75% ranged skill reduction, stacked with the 40+% demi-human resistance, maybe the damage would not be that bad.

And for traps. I overheard kRO allowed Cluster Bomb to be placed beneath targets. It would be fair, considering the 1x1 activation area. Fire and Ice trap only needed "cast time" and delay [Because spamming traps on aspd delay was stupid, believe me, all chasers abused this]. But then they added this to the Hunter traps, that are already "hard to set". And the terrible split damage ):

Point is. If a class needed to be nerfed, Ranger should not be that one.

15k HP, most likely because the person's not 150 yet, and/or hasn't raised his VIT. To get 26k naked, you'd need to have 100 VIT or about that, because my wanderer has that much. But you have to realize that many Rangers, like I said before, have to sacrifice VIT if they're going to be using the bow. I wish I could have 100 VIT, but that would mean having even lower damage than what I already do, which is comparable to shooting toothpicks at people and hope they'll stop potting. I have no idea how well Arrow Storm will do in woe, since skill balancing still isn't on Sakray yet, but I still think Arrow Storm has to be one of the most powerful offensive skills in the game, because we already don't have defense thanks to a nerfed warg bite (also why can't keen nose be an aoe warg bite?). At least let us be glass cannons. Perhaps builds will change and Rangers won't need 193 ASPD and actually skill spam, or can deal with a little more VIT thanks to the less burden that it takes to reach 193 ASPD with Beholder Master card. Buff everything else, but leave warg bite alone :<

I'm actually not a big fan of trapping and never have been. Arrow Storm's going to replace Fire Trap and that'll actually be better for woe, since offensive trapping like that is pretty much stupid. According to Clogon, Arrow Storm's also going to allow you to mob and pretty much one-shot monsters until 150. Really hoping to test that skill soon.

If you're not playing a Ranger, just don't get involved in this conversation because you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Yes, the ranged damage reduction is brutal and I still don't see why it's reduced. Mobility in WoE is fast paced with group buffs, speed potions, snap, back slide and Rangers getting a distance advantage is pretty much meaningless, so there should be no warrant for ranged damage nerfs. I'm starting to think that Ranger's attack distance is meaningless in WoE since you got Warlocks with full screen spells which make them the best ranged attackers in the game.

It's difficult to get 193 ASPD on a Ranger so they can't really hitstun you unless you're being attacked by 2 bow rangers which doesn't happen at all. Rangers might be good for precasting but if you get rushed by a whole guild, Ranger can only do so much with Suras snapping from Ankle Snares, RGs Earth Driving all your traps, and Sorcs triggering all the SP traps which is useless to them since they got infinite SP supply.

Yeah, a lot of non-Rangers tend to post in this topics for some reason. I do wish the ranged damage reduction was taken out, because it was put into place during a time when the hunter/sniper class was actually good, which was pre-renewal. Since renewal, we've become extremely weak. It is very difficult to get 193 ASPD and I was barely able to get it. Apparently, it's impossible to achieve without +20 AGI food or a party following you around (which is unlikely). Even when you have 193 ASPD, your damage is below-par even if you have the best equips. Rangers are the worst when they're rushed, especially with a large group. We don't have any area attacks, besides fire trap, but even that hurts your own guild and allies. Traps are a nuisance, too. What I dislike the most is setting up traps only to have someone from my own guild step all over them and get caught up in them.

Edited by Pres, 25 November 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#10 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

that why i suggest buffing the warg bite where snap or backslide are disabled so that they dun snap and then escape >.>
i think ranger dun need such a high dmg output i rather they like buff either the electric shock or warg bite i think that is better

#11 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

No point in buffing any immobile skills WHEN YOU CANT KILL ANYTHING.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Wait for the balance patch? You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Arrow storm is quite good post balance patch/14.1 you can achieve an upwards of 9000% atk damage with it with element in a storm gust sized AOE

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

Wait for the balance patch? You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Arrow storm is quite good post balance patch/14.1 you can achieve an upwards of 9000% atk damage with it with element in a storm gust sized AOE

> 8100% only with Elven and White Wing set. Add a Hydra on this and you reach 10k% firepower. And with Bellum instead of Elven, you pass it as a breeze. AND WITH ONLY 2 SECONDS COOLDOWN. Surely most classes can pot through, but... If you want damage, this may help a lot. Even more because you can instant cast it [Song Amplifiers / Beel things]

Maybe after this Arrow Storm buff, it may exist Bow Ranger builds with VIT/DEX instead of AGI/DEX, because the firepower will come from raw attack instead of ASPD.

Also, if you can't screw [I did not said kill] people in WOE, you are using the wrong weapon. I believe 190 with the right carded weapon may be better than 193 with a crappy weapon. In all the cases, Cursed Arrows stop most classes. Of course not Sura and Thieves or Mechanics but.

#14 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

@AS:
it is good in PVM yes but not so good in PVP/WoE. 8100% damage doesn't mean much when you only have 800 or so base attack (64.8k damage reduced to 45k against a 200 def person reduced again to 22.68k against someone with only 50% demihuman and reduced again to 11.34k in WoE not includion range reduction cards, BG/KVM/Siege sets or +10 or higher CEB).

@asayuu:
Only when you highly upgrade a Bellum bow will it be better than a Bloody Elven bow. And it is not the weapon that affects our aspd but the armour sets. We cannot upkeep 188+ ASPD with the normal HP increasing shoes, elemental armours or damage reducince garmets and headgears. 2 Sound Amplifiers = no white wing set = only 4050% AS. The Mora sets are NOT sets designed for WoE/PVP except the RK and AB ones. They are strictly for PVM/MVP. It doesn't matter how much damage you can deal over time if you get 1shoted by anything that hits you. We don't get any disabling skills like the mages.

In 14.1 and post-balancing, we will still reign supreme in solo PVM and 193 ASPD from White Wing set will allow us to 1v1 any monster without getting hit. We will be able to 1shot all monsters to 150 and never be hit at all thanks to camouflage. But that doesn't mean much when we can't be useful in group play which is what makes WoE and Partying fun. The balance adds to our strengths that didn't need improving and makes ours flaws even worst than before. If I can 1 shot all monsters I meet in a 11x11 AoE why would I party and lower my exp with random people? If I cannot provide any support, disable or kill any enemies why would I be needed in WoE? Sure I can status people but anyone using a bow can do that. Also with the new 14.2 cards WL's will be able to do it with their screeen wide magic attacks!

#15 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

Also with the new 14.2 cards WL's will be able to do it with their screeen wide magic attacks!

14.2 cards?

#16 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ranger strongly needed to review ABolt and Cluster bomb to make Ranger more worthwile in the WoE.

#17 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

14.2 cards?

yes there is FINALLY good headgear cards. XD (+8 Dex/ AGI on headgear anyone? =P) They are being implemented on kRO sak this very instant.

#18 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

By the way i`m want to ask all iRO Rangers about solution with ABolt - what are you want to do with this skill:
Is it should have firepower to drop most players with all these reduction gears with OHKO or is it should just won`t break immobilisation, as well as utilise other classes`s immobilisations as synergy?

#19 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

yes there is FINALLY good headgear cards. XD (+8 Dex/ AGI on headgear anyone? =P) They are being implemented on kRO sak this very instant.

Oh, cool! I want to see a list (;

#20 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

I am currently in the process of translating 30 new cards that are being implemented on kRO at the moment. You can find them here

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

They should remove the race restriction of Beast Strafing, then Bow Rangers could have something to burst damage able to kill at 18x aspd. 1850% ATK with 100 str and 2500% with 150~~~~ :bang:

It would be around only 2~3k per hit in WOE, but as fast as auto-attack~~~~~~ :thumb:

But for the one-hit scheme... Let's wait for the patch. Attacks are having their firepower decreased, so fewer skills will really onehit.

Well, with 15k HP, you may be onehit even by a ranger though. :thumb:

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

By the way i`m want to ask all iRO Rangers about solution with ABolt - what are you want to do with this skill:
Is it should have firepower to drop most players with all these reduction gears with OHKO or is it should just won`t break immobilisation, as well as utilise other classes`s immobilisations as synergy?

Errr.... English please? I can't understand you.

I don't think Aimed Bolt is enough to make all the existing Rangers switch from Trapper to a Bow Ranger. We really need a change that will completely changed the playing field for Bow Rangers overall.

#23 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

Errr.... English please? I can't understand you.

Offtopic:
Sorry. My english is bad.
Ontopic:
IMO Ranger`s ABolt should be like either GoH or Tetra Vortex. It should be either spammable and do not break immobilisation to make highspammable Singletarget attack or be Onehitter vs Medium to low MaxHP characters.

#24 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Offtopic:
Sorry. My english is bad.
Ontopic:
IMO Ranger`s ABolt should be like either GoH or Tetra Vortex. It should be either spammable and do not break immobilisation to make highspammable Singletarget attack or be Onehitter vs Medium to low MaxHP characters.

The Nerfs to Rangers are minor ompared to the nerfs on some of the other classes. It's called a balance patch for a reason so my fellow Rangers deal with it, since RO needs balance and we have to eat a nerf as well.

#25 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

Right balance... Rangers remaining useless in WoE with no support, killing power or useful debuffs is called balance. Clusterbomb is hard to uses and is nerfed considerably yet 1shotting monsters with Arrow Storm is just fine.

Tell me, where is this so called balance you speak of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users