• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

I know that all your stats and such are reset once you trans and become a High Novice, but what build for an Alchemist will get me to 99 the fastest?

So far my most likely solution is to just AFK with a homunculus 'til 99, but I don't know how fast that is (or if it even works). And even with a homun, what build would I want regardless?

I've been leaning on a pure potter build, but then again I just don't know xD My first alchemist I made was a complete trainwreck (I made her years ago, still didn't really understand the concept of stat builds... Yeah, it was pretty bad) and even with the searching around for info, I just don't know jack about Alchemists/Biochemists.

Help? ;;

#2 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

afk leveling is really slow, it will almost always be better to hand level your character.

The good thing about afk leveling though is that it can be done while... afk.

That said, the fastest build to 99 will be a Str/Vit/Dex mammonite build (Str/Dex/Vit if you have thors gears).

#3 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

afk leveling is really slow, it will almost always be better to hand level your character.

The good thing about afk leveling though is that it can be done while... afk.

That said, the fastest build to 99 will be a Str/Vit/Dex mammonite build (Str/Dex/Vit if you have thors gears).

Yeah... ||OTL Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Is throwing bombs as an alch worth it? Or is that something I should wait until I'm a bio to do?

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

If you're on Ymir, it is a complete and utter waste of money.

But to be honest, even on Valk it's not worth it.

Bomb = 200% damage
Terror = 300% damage
Mammonite = 600% damage

Assuming in PVM you're trying to kill the monster as quickly as possible, the answer should be fairly clear based on those numbers.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

AFKing to 99 takes ~400 hours of semi-afk (summoning plants and stuff), 600-800 hours of nearly full afk.

#6 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

If you're on Ymir, it is a complete and utter waste of money.

But to be honest, even on Valk it's not worth it.

Bomb = 200% damage
Terror = 300% damage
Mammonite = 600% damage

Assuming in PVM you're trying to kill the monster as quickly as possible, the answer should be fairly clear based on those numbers.

I see. o_o Thank you very much.

It's a shame mammonite requires money to deal damage, though.

Well, once this server overload is finished I will start working on this character. xD

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

If you think about it, those other skills require items to use, and items cost money.

Acid Bottle: 8,000z on Valkyrie
Bottle Grenade: 69,000z on Valkyrie

#8 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

If you think about it, those other skills require items to use, and items cost money.

Acid Bottle: 8,000z on Valkyrie
Bottle Grenade: 69,000z on Valkyrie

You're right.

... Now it's just sad that the spell requirement items are so costly in general. But I digress.

Thank you for the help ^^

#9 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

And just a note about Mammonite, don't calculate the cost beyond your next few levels, or you'll get depressed and stop playing the character.
If you really want to 99 it, just keep leveling it and hunting things for money or killing monsters that you can more or less break even with in terms of money (Sleepers for instance).
Even though your mammonite cost may seem unrealistically high and impossibly unobtainable, it really is not if you just deal with it as you go. If you try to have all the money on hand to go from 1 to 99 before you start leveling, you'll never get there.

#10 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

And just a note about Mammonite, don't calculate the cost beyond your next few levels, or you'll get depressed and stop playing the character.
If you really want to 99 it, just keep leveling it and hunting things for money or killing monsters that you can more or less break even with in terms of money (Sleepers for instance).
Even though your mammonite cost may seem unrealistically high and impossibly unobtainable, it really is not if you just deal with it as you go. If you try to have all the money on hand to go from 1 to 99 before you start leveling, you'll never get there.

Mmmm. Okay. Thank you for the tips. :p_omg: Now that the server is back online I can start working on her~

But if I may ask, about how long does it take to get a mammo alch to 99? xD;;

#11 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

It really depends on your gear, resources, and leveling location.

If you have enough gear and money, you could easily 99 it off this current experience event.

I don't know what your financial situation looks like, or your gear though, so yeah, I can't really say.

#12 Ashli

Ashli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

It really depends on your gear, resources, and leveling location.

If you have enough gear and money, you could easily 99 it off this current experience event.

I don't know what your financial situation looks like, or your gear though, so yeah, I can't really say.

Mmm, okay. Thank you.

... I'm sorry, but I have one more question. Well, it's more like a problem.

I tried to put in the AzzyAI, but I don't understand the instructions... And I replaced the default AI.lua file with the Azzy version, but RO couldn't read that file... And now I don't have the default AI.lua anymore. What do I do?

EDIT: Nevermind, panic!fixed. No custom AI, but at least it isn't shutting down the game. Not that I'll have an alch anytime soon anyway. :'P

Thank you so much for putting up with my stupid questions. xD Even though I've been on here for a while there's so much I have no clue about.

Edited by Ashli, 05 September 2010 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users