Another MVP's Tombstones post - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Another MVP's Tombstones post

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

is it only me or is killing MVP's harder now since Genetist like Roxi with god items farm them all day without having to look for them all day like crazy?

I mean, a month ago I had a chance to find and kill MVP's decently, I mean, it was a matter of luck finfind an untouched MVP... Now it's an odissey...

I guess MVP hunting is over for me until I get god items to compete... Oh, wait... I need MVP drops to be able to get money for god items, or becoming a friend of Valk's/Union Hispana guild leaders and selling my soul to them.

#2 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

I guess MVP hunting is over for me until I get god items to compete... Oh, wait... I need MVP drops to be able to get money for god items, or becoming a friend of Valk's/Union Hispana guild leaders and selling my soul to them.

How will Union Hispana help you in MVP'ing? And yeah, I also have problem finding an MVP that doesn't have a sura but it is how it is... <_<

And why do you think that Valkyrie eats souls? I'll treat you dearly :unsure:

Edited by HRdevil, 27 November 2011 - 07:56 PM.

#3 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

How will Union Hispana help you in MVP'ing? And yeah, I also have problem finding an MVP that doesn't have a sura but it is how it is... <_<

And why do you think that Valkyrie eats souls? I'll treat you dearly :unsure:

Selling souls for god items, not for MVP hunting. :(

#4 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

So I went to kill Drac today and a 150 Gen and 150 AB were chillin by the gravestone just waitin'.
What do you do when you see that as a 120 AB? Leave, that's what.

I understand that MVP'ing is competitive. I agree that it should be. It's nice to find a tombstone instead of tele'ing around searching over and over for the MVP.
But idk. I have mixed feelings about it. It seems like it's easier for the first killer to camp the MVP as compared to other people comping. Also, loot be droppin' underneath it and I can't get it without a greed scroll. That, I do not like.

I feel like the tombstones have just attracted a bit of attention because you get your character name slapped onto the tombstone like it's a trophy.
People probably like that the most. It may just be a phase. It may not. No tellin.

#5 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Give it a few a few weeks, it's still new. Once people are used to it they'll stop caring and go off to do something else. xD

#6 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Tombstones attracts more competition, it is actually good since farming mvps now costs me 50% less supplies. Thanks

#7 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

BTW, I suggest that the grave stone spawns away from the mvp and it's drops by a little bit. But then we might have the problem of the gravestone getting stuck in walls.

I just use the VIP summoner. Good luck competing with those Suras.

#8 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Gravestone system has evolved mvping into gen/sura or gtfo. Unless you just happen to be hunting some complete crap mvp noone cares about.

Will it get better with time? No. B/c when the ones camping now get tired of it there will be 2-3 more sura/gen to take their places. It isn't hot b/c it's new. It's hot b/c it makes mvp hunting immensely easier. Part of the reason you could catch a free MVP here and there had to do with the annoyance of even attempting to find it, going to the map (could have been a hassle to get to), then maybe wasted a mirror or two b/c you used it outside of the 10min window. Now every mirror used is a guaranteed win on location and future time.

The graves bring demands for mirrors to the forefront and guess what's going to happen? Surprise! new box event with mirrors or possibly direct sales of em again. (more likely in a box though)

#9 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

it was to kill the sura/genetic thing, since they where the only ones that KNEW when the mvps was about to appear(since they kill then) NOW you can look how much time left and organize a PARTY to tak better DPS than any sura/genetic, IF YOU WANT TO KILL A MVP ALONE, THATS WRONG, mvps shouldnt be killed by a single player

#10 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

it was to kill the sura/genetic thing, since they where the only ones that KNEW when the mvps was about to appear(since they kill then) NOW you can look how much time left and organize a PARTY to tak better DPS than any sura/genetic, IF YOU WANT TO KILL A MVP ALONE, THATS WRONG, mvps shouldnt be killed by a single player

No, refer to the other tombstone topic. It wasn't for this. It was something about kill stealing.
Check the last page, I think it's there. Very good reasoning but the system's a little broken atm because of the overflow damage being calculated in and stuff.

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

ROFL what? Organize a party to out damage a sura fisting over 1m+ damage? Or gen bombing 400k unlexed? These mvp's in alot of cases are dying in one hit. Make a party to watch someone fist, get loot and thank you for tanking /facepalm.

That's like filling a moat with honey to keep ants out of your castle.

#12 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

Selling souls for god items, not for MVP hunting. <_<

You still won't beat a sura or genetic on any class that isn't Genetic or Sura. God items would help you if you're a genetic or sura to beat others genetic or sura.

#13 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

You still won't beat a sura or genetic on any class that isn't Genetic or Sura. God items would help you if you're a genetic or sura to beat others genetic or sura.

Thanks Lieutenant Obvious. Expect your promotion soon.

#14 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Lieutenant Obvious. Expect your promotion soon.

You mad? It wasn't so obvious seeing that you Main an RK :dunno: Try saying something relevant.

#15 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

I think he is agreeing with you, if anything.
All I see are sura/gen/rangers MVP'ing. Kinda surprised to see a GX solo dark lord the other day.

Things are very off with class balance in this game. I don't see the balance patch doing anything but helping Gen's out and Sura's are having LR nerfed... which is pointless and kinda mean cause it's a PVM skill not meant for anything but leveling.

imo, every class should be able to have a leveling build, PVP/WoE build, and MVP build. It shouldn't be up to just two or three classes to MVP.
If the game was indeed balanced, all classes except for Novices should be able to MVP/PVP/PVM effectively.

#16 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

I don't care if I lose a casual MVP to a sura or genetist, I know they are THE mvp classes. What annoys me is the fact that they (suras/genetists) now know when the mvps are spawning and now everyone's chances of getting an off-guard mvp dissapeared because they don't hunt anymore, they just look for the tombstone once and wait for it's respawn.

#17 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Rude teleport for the win!!!
Can't kill what's not there!

#18 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

I like camping Amon Ra on my Genetic.

Not because I might actually have a chance at killing it solo, but because there's always a Sura there who'll buy my SP increase potions.

#19 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

If you find a popular mvp and are alone dont rush and insted drag it into a blackspot. That way grave hunters dont see it and leave.

#20 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

This new system made people that stocked up on mirrors have a huge advantage (impossible to win against) and absolutely negated mvp hunting to some classes. I understand it was meant to avoid mvp camping, but it seems it defeats the purpose it was aiming for.

#21 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Ppl that are MVP competitive have been using convex mirrors for quite a while now. Gravestone just remove the need for convex, so all the ppl u see sitting next to a grave stone or just walking around, are the people that used to use convex mirrors to find it but now just use the grave stone. This is not a total game changer. If you want an added edge start using convex for exact location. Speaking of which S>Convex Mirror Boxes on Valkyrie.

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

That's cool and all in paper but how many people have convexes now? the few personals that stocked on +500 boxes such as guild leaders. As I understand it you're forced to give up on mvping something someone is camping with mirrors, right? fair enough.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

Ppl that are MVP competitive have been using convex mirrors for quite a while now. Gravestone just remove the need for convex, so all the ppl u see sitting next to a grave stone or just walking around, are the people that used to use convex mirrors to find it but now just use the grave stone. This is not a total game changer. If you want an added edge start using convex for exact location. Speaking of which S>Convex Mirror Boxes on Valkyrie.

don't make it sound like getting times for mvps is hard, for long spawns you work it out from server up. For short ones, oh no, its an hour... it's always soon.

people will continue using convexes to fail getting mvp, but get first hit so they can loot. I doubt this is going to change the competition any.

#24 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

I'm not sure why people acting like they could ever compete against genetics and suras.

Monk types been owning the MVP situation since day one and biochemist joined them as soon as they got acid demonstration.

The gravestones just spotlight how underachieving other classes are at MvPing.
These differences are long standing. The only fix would be for KRO to reconfigure stat and skill spreads for MVPs
that would allow for some clsses to have an advantage over some MVPs and a disadvantage over others.
MDef on MVPs pretty much shuts out all magic classes. Many MVPs have few defensive skills: would it not be logical
for Tao Gunka to cast stone skin on itself when its HP is low?

KRO always comes up with these half-baked ideas to fix the symptom but not ever get to the root of the problem.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

I can compete against them

But I have god items *shrug* although I don't agree with the fact that they dominate most mvps as a class (I'll have you know I used to out mvp champions and biochems as a sinx and I know I can as a gx) - I don't see any way this can be fixed.

The sad reality is these people made a class to do the biggest damage possible and everyone has the opportunity to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users