Need some advice on Physical SS druid - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Need some advice on Physical SS druid

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

After messing around with my magic druid(otherwise known as druidele), I am beginning to realize that druids are more suited for short-mid range attacks. Well, I am not entirely against magic druids as nuking people with dashes and stuns is really awesome, but the distance is hard to control and it's pretty difficult to combo short ranged stuns with magic nukes, which requires minimum distance of 5m between player and target. Therefore, I am trying to transfer into a physical ss druid build,, without losing my nukes(magic->physical), stuns, and mobility.

Here's my build: http://inmmo.ru/requ...,10,0,9,0,6,0,9
(sorry for the length of the url)

A brief explanation on my build.
I use the two forms DG and Inferno mostly for their stuns, plus DG instant heal and Inferno Dash(didn't max because extra 19m against commie rush and sin dash is enough imo)
Maxed POT, Armor Mastery and 7 in Robbing willingness for the defense in case I need to tank in grinding parties or pvp against melee classes.
3 heals and 1 dot remover for better survivability.
5 nukes(This is the part I am most unsure about): Lightning Chill Slash(4s CD), Lightning Chill Throw (1s CD), Absorbing Energy (12.5s CD), Robbing Willingness(12.6s CD) and Revenge Telekinesis(20s CD). Is 5 nukes a bit too much? I usually only use 3 on my magic druid. And are these good choices for nukes? Should I get raging strike as well?
RoB for grinding and pvp. And Gravity up for PvP.

Weapon: Right now I am using DC wand and tbf shield for my magic druid(lv 79). I am planning on making a perfect knuckle when I get to 85 and formally convert into a physical SS druid. Probably will enchant my knuckles with +25% scc and rh magic/light claws for the scc.
Ornament: I am thinking Scad Ball 2 for scad, scc and resist, enchant with ion mine scc xeons.
Jewelry: Reinforced magic jewels combined with some raid jewelries for the scad, scc and con.
Armor: Destruction Upper, Lower, Shoes, Gloves mixed with Pride Helm and Shoulders(still lacking pride shoulders, so WTB). Enchant with Rh Remains Con/Int and DS scales Con(Gonna farm these later).

That's all I have for now and I am sure they need a great deal of perfection. I welcome any comment or advice on anything I have mentioned above(special emphasize on nuke choice). Leave post here, pm on forums, or whisper Ab4ndon (Hammerine)in game. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Prototipe, 28 November 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#2 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Drop storm slash to 5, 80% is enough end game.
Same with heavy blow.

7 Points into RW, 1 into PoT is more than enough.
One in bleeding, and double slash.
Also max inferno, because +200 damage in that form is always good.

*Edit* -750, you'll hit harder since you're Physical. The RH Claws work though, 4-5 damage is negligible.

Edited by Viole, 28 November 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#3 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

Drop storm slash to 5, 80% is enough end game.
Same with heavy blow.

7 Points into RW, 1 into PoT is more than enough.
One in bleeding, and double slash.
Also max inferno, because +200 damage in that form is always good.

*Edit* -750, you'll hit harder since you're Physical. The RH Claws work though, 4-5 damage is negligible.

Sorry, posted the wrong build. Here's the right one:
http://inmmo.ru/requ...,10,0,9,0,6,0,9
Thank you for your reply! Actually, my build is mainly based on the one you posted earlier, just made some modifications. ^^
What do you mean by "enough"? How does 80% work for you? How often does it miss?
I maxed POT mainly to buff other party members. And, I find it hard to reach 2700 + 750 without investing a lot of points in POT. Didn't really do the calculations, but would 1 point be enough even when I am wearing a non +30 destruction set mixed with pride?
I agree with putting 7 points in RW as it's going to be one of my main buffs and nuke. Posted the wrong build you see. >.<
I agree with you on bleeding and double slash, they will definitely help with my dps. However, how well do they factor into stun-lock combo? Is it possible to storm slash, use double-slash and bleeding, and still have time to un-transform to stun again? How bad is the animation delay?
About maxing inferno, at max defense 300 more attack is like 60 dmg. Is it worth the extra nine points invested? I mean if I take down POT, storm slash and heavy blow, I will have enough points for it, but is it worth give up the skill chance and defense?
Thoughts on the enchants, I am going to be using destruction and knuckles, so I was thinking that my main dps output will come from scad. With the high defense ppl have these days,how much more dmg will -750 def do? Is it worth giving up 25% scc with around 800-1000 scad dmg that I may have?
And yeah, I use RH claws mainly for the scc, not for the dmg. :dunno:
Most important of all, what do you think about my choice for nukes? Are RT, RW, LCS, LCT and AE really efficient nukes to use? How bad are the animation delay and how good is the dmg output?

Edited by Prototipe, 29 November 2011 - 12:10 AM.

#4 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

Any stun even at about 95% has a chance to miss, it's always been that way. 80% is a comfortable enough number, seeing as the next level is 83% for most, which is very negligible. My armor was only +5-9 and I had 3.3k defense. You max your DNA on armor mastery and pt 7 into PoT, then how much you want into rw.

Secondly, a -750 makes me go from a 1.3k crit to a 2.7k with low reinforced gear on a low defense target such as a Tempest. In some cases even higher crts are possible. They are, but I find RT, AE, RS, LCs better as fillers. Sometimes the delay on those skills is a bit bad because of the animations, but I find no trouble in casting inferno skills on the time someone is stunned in storm slash.

#5 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

Any stun even at about 95% has a chance to miss, it's always been that way. 80% is a comfortable enough number, seeing as the next level is 83% for most, which is very negligible. My armor was only +5-9 and I had 3.3k defense. You max your DNA on armor mastery and pt 7 into PoT, then how much you want into rw.

Secondly, a -750 makes me go from a 1.3k crit to a 2.7k with low reinforced gear on a low defense target such as a Tempest. In some cases even higher crts are possible. They are, but I find RT, AE, RS, LCs better as fillers. Sometimes the delay on those skills is a bit bad because of the animations, but I find no trouble in casting inferno skills on the time someone is stunned in storm slash.

Hmm, if- 750 SRD really makes that much difference, I might as well switch to it....
I will try out the nukes as well to see their animation delay, right now I am just gonna stay with magic ones.
Another question, what is a ccomfortable scc value to sit at for SS physical druids?

#6 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

60% is possible, with claws 67%, then add 25%+ to that from SCAD ball, for me 65-~ without scad ball is perfect

#7 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

60% is possible, with claws 67%, then add 25%+ to that from SCAD ball, for me 65-~ without scad ball is perfect

-.-
How do you get 65% without scad ball?! Enchant in jewels only provide around 30%...

#8 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

.7 skill crits, I have 60% with tbf costume on, all my jewels were 7/7 or better
Pride also gives static skill crit and lw knuckles gave me 3% static crit too

Edited by Viole, 30 November 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#9 petruz

petruz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Server:NewHammerine

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

with normal ion mine skill crits i calculated once that the highest possible crit % with +30 8/8 ball, LW knucks +30 and 7/7 and 8/8 enchants in jewlry crit could be 97% :bang:

#10 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

with normal ion mine skill crits i calculated once that the highest possible crit % with +30 8/8 ball, LW knucks +30 and 7/7 and 8/8 enchants in jewlry crit could be 97% :bang:

-.-
Ball gives around 25%, jewels give around 30% (8*8*0.5), Destruction or Pride around 10%? How much does LW knucks give? Does pet stat increase add to scc?

#11 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

3% and yes the stat bonus from pet marginally adds to it, an so do 10% stats from mall.

#12 Longhorns

Longhorns

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

*Here comes Longhorns - rapes physical druid - druid decides to change class*

True story.

#13 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

I ain't changing class o:
Not even PvPing much anymore actually xD

#14 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

True story.

XD, imma gonna rape you hard when I get to 85. >.<

#15 juaheri

juaheri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

True story.

you are not a druid you are an "ELEMENTALIST".

#16 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

you are not a druid you are an "ELEMENTALIST".

No, he UJCed. Sigh

#17 petruz

petruz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

-.-
Ball gives around 25%, jewels give around 30% (8*8*0.5), Destruction or Pride around 10%? How much does LW knucks give? Does pet stat increase add to scc?

They give about 10%

#18 petruz

petruz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

They give about 10%

Actually, 100% would be possible too, with highly +ed 79/85 CON set

#19 Prototipe

Prototipe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Actually, 100% would be possible too, with highly +ed 79/85 CON set

Yeah, I am thinking about getting 79 CON helm/boots and gloves to replace my destruction parts, but not the full set cus I would lose too much scad. Already have the gloves, just need a helm or boots...>.<
Thanks for your info! Luv ya! ^^

#20 Nyaruhodo

Nyaruhodo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Can anyone please tell me which BM skills to put into for a Phys. SS druid? I cant view that link... :(

#21 deakluigi

deakluigi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

You should not use any of those skills, but villovy. Well, you can put some points to heals, sometimes hey can be useful even at lvl 1. I don't really understand, why should a SS Druid use magic skills, and stuns. Okay, they won't be able to defeat anyone in SvS, but they can do well in 1v1 and on raids.

#22 Nyaruhodo

Nyaruhodo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Im not sure how many points into Absorbing Energy or get Raging Strike at all?

is LCT and Hydrochloric Acid/Wastewater useful?

and do we leave all heals only at 1?

#23 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

Im not sure how many points into Absorbing Energy or get Raging Strike at all?

is LCT and Hydrochloric Acid/Wastewater useful?

and do we leave all heals only at 1?

Dont get absorbing energy or raging strike

LCT at lvl 1

hydrochloric acid is nice little aoe if you are a druid ele - high magic dmg, so either lvl 9/10 or 1

wastewater is a 1 pointer also just another spell to spam from 30m

heals at lvl 1

most points go into stuns, rob, dash, defence buffs

#24 Nyaruhodo

Nyaruhodo

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

NOW I'm really confused about the build for phys. SS druid (pvp)... or is druidele a more viable option?

can you please detail the skills to use?

Edited by Nyaruhodo, 06 April 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#25 deakluigi

deakluigi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

You need 1 point in doomguard, and at least 1 in DG heal and max staggering shout. if you are planning to use BM stuns, than you must follow the druidele way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users