Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image

Made this today when thinking... why... just why mass KE and not assumptio @_@?

Edited by Okii, 29 November 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Because Assumptio in Renewal sucks compared to the benefits offered by Kyrie Eleison.

#3 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

^ this

#4 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

tbh , I like Assumptio much better.
I hate KE. It last for two secs when mobbed, doesn't increase your defense or anything, and I have found that it's only good for those who are mobbing/pulling (if even).

I'd prefer a mass assumptio skill.

#5 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Because mass assumptio would definitely require some skill points used in assumptio and since you can turn into AB while being priest there would be 3rd class skills that you couldn't have.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

tbh , I like Assumptio much better.
I hate KE. It last for two secs when mobbed, doesn't increase your defense or anything, and I have found that it's only good for those who are mobbing/pulling (if even).

A decent priest should know when to switch between assumptio and KE. Assu in renewal is nice, but not awesome. You can't cast it during woe, and nothing on pvm generally hurts a lot, so even if assu doubles your hard def (which for most players is like, ~10% less damage), it means like, taking like 20 less damage only from monsters attacking, but flinching from every hit.

To be honest, I would rather less AoE buffs remakes and more nice buffs and recoveries. And not recoveries like 'here, hit this button and all your party might recover, or might not, I don't know'... but like *target ally not necesarily on party to status recovery, or bless, or cure*.

Because mass assumptio would definitely require some skill points used in assumptio and since you can turn into AB while being priest there would be 3rd class skills that you couldn't have.

This kinda happens already: a genetic which didn't learn acid bomb trying to use the AoE AB...

Edited by Kadnya, 29 November 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#7 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

A decent priest should know when to switch between assumptio and KE. Assu in renewal is nice, but not awesome. You can't cast it during woe, and nothing on pvm generally hurts a lot, so even if assu doubles your hard def (which for most players is like, ~10% less damage), it means like, taking like 20 less damage only from monsters attacking, but flinching from every hit.

To be honest, I would rather less AoE buffs remakes and more nice buffs and recoveries. And not recoveries like 'here, hit this button and all your party might recover, or might not, I don't know'... but like *target ally not necesarily on party to status recovery, or bless, or cure*.

It's so effortless to be an AB :\
I don't just c heal nonstop, or prafaetio nonstop, but I feel that I would rather have a mass assumptio skill because third classes have some pretty high vit.
KE has always been useless to me, but I still like it better than safety wall in most cases. I would just enjoy the option of a Mass Assumptio skill alongside the mass KE skill.

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

It's so effortless to be an AB :\
I don't just c heal nonstop, or prafaetio nonstop, but I feel that I would rather have a mass assumptio skill because third classes have some pretty high vit.
KE has always been useless to me, but I still like it better than safety wall in most cases. I would just enjoy the option of a Mass Assumptio skill alongside the mass KE skill.

It's effortless to be an average bishop, and being a turn-in bishop, you can even afk and most people won't notice.

By the way, assumptio has nothing to do with vit, or even soft defense you get from vit :dunno:

#9 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

I always use Praeferatio and than throw Assu at the Swordman Cls, since they're mostly the only ones needing Assumptio (special cases left out of course, simple TI Questing here).

But darkabe said it.
There's not a single 3rd Job Skill relating or requiring an Transed Skill.
Simply because you could theoretical skip trans. And this also happens to Baby Chars, who can't trans :dunno:

#10 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

According my calculations with Assumptioless 223 Def(My standart Def with +4 Round Shield, Mitra +4, Latest Eden Gears and Cat Glove) i have 446 Def with Assumptio and this is about 25% less DPS when i engaged by physical attacks that isn`t ignoring Def(Tested Assumptio on Raydrics). So Assumptio is quite nice to use at tanking monsters.

Edited by Lucentos, 29 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#11 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

KE is the only reason I still play this game, makes my battle priest viable

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

itt people who don't know when to use assu and KE correctly.

90% of the time, assu is better. (mind you I play with people who have decent defence) - the only reason for KE is to block knockback type skills.

A vit char, or a wiz class ... KE/pref will not last 10 seconds on them. It's better to minimize damage than to avoid it for a few seconds then take max.

KE is used on perfect dodge and agi mobbers. Once they are tanking, you assumpt them. No other classes need KE, the benefits of assu outweigh them.

People who level purely off TIs or haven't tested disagree - but anyone who has partied with my AB will know that I know what I'm talking about, and I'm yet to not convince someone just through the action of using assumpto and showing the results.

#13 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

It's effortless to be an average bishop, and being a turn-in bishop, you can even afk and most people won't notice.

By the way, assumptio has nothing to do with vit, or even soft defense you get from vit :dunno:

Well hell, I learned something today.
Thanks Kadnya @@

But I still STILL prefer assumptio over KE. I see a huge difference when I KE the party and then assumptio the RK/RG/high vit classes. Idk I guess they all have those awesome defensive gears. Sometimes you have a party with multiple RK/RG's and they feel like they all have to run off and tank (which is their job I guess, tank/kill) but like.. being the only AB and using Prafaetio on them is totally worthless. I'd rather give them more defense and keep them alive instead of guarding them for a second and the run around healing like a priest chicken with its head cut off.

KE is the only reason I still play this game, makes my battle priest viable

I'm not against KE; I'm not trying to remove any KE skills.I just think assumptio is just as useful (if not more useful) during party play. I see the difference when I use Prafaetio and then assumptio the high vit classes. I use much less sp this way towards healing. But sometimes it's just not viable to assumptio everyone one at a time, especially in a full party as the only AB. I'd be cycling again and again through assumptio immediately after casting it through everyone. It doesn't last very long.

Edited by Okii, 29 November 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#14 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

With the new DEF formula, paired with the new stats giving everyone tons of Vit, KE just plain wins.

High vit benefits either spell - More HP = percentile barrier is larger, More soft def = more reduction.

Edited by Mwrip, 29 November 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#15 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

What does the choice between KE and assumptio have to do with people's VIT?

Edited by Hrishi, 29 November 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#16 Clericous

Clericous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

In my opinion, both KE and Assumptio are useful. Like what Kad said, you have to learn/practice switching both of those skills. Using your AB skills at the right place and at the right time will make you enjoy the AB class better - Timing if I must say.

I usually use KE when gathering mob and then once KE breaks down, I cast lvl 1 assumptio on myself to better tank mobs - this is what I do when I tank. I also support the same way, I do prafaetio for everybody then use Assump on tankers or members who have mobs as I see fit. My AB was one of the first who turned 150 during the first few months of renewal and I find grinding with a full party fun specially those times when I am the only AB in the group. I like the idea of using Prefaetio specially because I sometimes play with a party who doesn't have GWINGs so we had to walk, and when you are walking, KE is your best-friend because you do not leave anybody behind, everybody is shielded, everybody walks, less flinch and I don't see non-full HP bars.

However, I do not know how ABs level up these days... Since I haven't been playing iRO that much for the past 6 months. I would rather have a super high heal than massive assumptio if they were to add another AB skill. Or they could add another skill that increases healing... Since most class are only two hits before they die. I am just saying :dunno:

#17 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

What does the choice between KE and assumption have to do with people's VIT?

yea im tryin to figure that out too... i startin to think ppl dont know what either of these skills are meant for or there respective drawbacks

Edited by Astraeos, 29 November 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#18 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

yea im tryin to figure that out too... i startin to think ppl dont know what either of these skills are meant for or there respective drawbacks

Some of us are new to it.
I knew Assumptio had to do with defense for sure (not soft defense, which I just learned)
and I know I very much dislike KE overall. Don't care to learn much more about it other than it blocks attacks <__>

Instead of being rude, why not just post the uses for both? Why not post a link to a wiki page about it?

Edit: Nevermind the word I wanted to call you is censored out. aww.

Edited by Okii, 29 November 2011 - 04:07 PM.

#19 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Kyrie Eleison:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Kyrie_Eleison

Assumptio:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Assumptio

#20 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

aww damn censorship

heres a video

also in the video dont mind me using ales... mad low int build

ke- breaks ez
assump - def reliant

abs an easy class as long as u arent lazy with it, youll be good... but ud think wit all the resources out there on how skills work... youd think mechanic knowledge would be more common amongst the community

dont get me wrong i get being new to a class takes practice and getting in the swing of things... but reviewing things from multiple sources, especially reliable one, is always beneficial.

#21 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Agreed.

Thanks btw :dunno:

#22 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

Usually (TI) someone casts Praefatio when I'm done putting Assumptio on everyone. I don't think people really prefer KE over Assumptio, it's just easier to push a button once compared to pushing it and clicking the mouse key 12 times.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

In my reduced experience in turn ins... it doesn't really matters. Unless it is bios (where other bishops kept deleting assumptio with constant praefatio >< ) or the like, most of the times monsters die too fast to do damage...

#24 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Usually (TI) someone casts Praefatio when I'm done putting Assumptio on everyone. I don't think people really prefer KE over Assumptio, it's just easier to push a button once compared to pushing it and clicking the mouse key 12 times.

If you are doing it in the move then casting Assumptio on the party will be even more nuissance.

#25 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

itt people who don't know when to use assu and KE correctly.

90% of the time, assu is better. (mind you I play with people who have decent defence) - the only reason for KE is to block knockback type skills.

A vit char, or a wiz class ... KE/pref will not last 10 seconds on them. It's better to minimize damage than to avoid it for a few seconds then take max.

KE is used on perfect dodge and agi mobbers. Once they are tanking, you assumpt them. No other classes need KE, the benefits of assu outweigh them.

People who level purely off TIs or haven't tested disagree - but anyone who has partied with my AB will know that I know what I'm talking about, and I'm yet to not convince someone just through the action of using assumpto and showing the results.

I've had people purposely overwrite Assumptio when I cast it on a Tanker. A good example would be a Sura using mental strength to gain the attention of the mobs in Juperos Core. Once I use Assumptio another AB just goes and uses KE. Sometimes other AB's would argue over which is better for a tank. Sadly there are just some stubborn AB's that you can't reason with when trying to support your party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users