AB, Y U No have Mass Assumptio?! - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

AB, Y U No have Mass Assumptio?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#51 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I miss Pre-Renewal Assumptio. :bang:

#52 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Go seek attention on another thread, hun <3
This is about AB's, not suras.
Mass Gfist? lol.
Sooo funny.

And what I'm saying is basically not serious but more of a joke, which you are terrible at making btw.

it wasn't meant to be funny, it was meant to sound ridiculous and therfore had a pretty obvious message that apparently went over your head. :bang:

darkabe's reply is pretty much the best answer to your question.
besides the only advantage (in my opinion) a mass assu has over praef is that it won't run out before it's actual buff duration. while praef or kyrie might have to be rebuffed sooner, when someone got bullied.

assu is a shadow of what it used to be. instead of 33% less dmg it is about 10 - 15% for about 90% of the cases now. praef benefits from higher HP pools (thanks to third classes) now and has an increased number of blocks (over kyrie) which will be further widened with the balance patch.

i always buff groups with kyrie and afterwards buff the armored classes (RK, RG) with assu, and i wouldn't do it differently if i had aoe-assu.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

it wasn't meant to be funny, it was meant to sound ridiculous and therfore had a pretty obvious message that apparently went over your head. :bang:

besides the only advantage (in my opinion) a mass assu has over praef is that it won't run out before it's actual buff duration. while praef or kyrie might have to be rebuffed sooner, when someone got bullied.

assu is a shadow of what it used to be. instead of 33% less dmg it is about 10 - 15% for about 90% of the cases now. praef benefits from higher HP pools (thanks to third classes) now and has an increased number of blocks (over kyrie) which will be further widened with the balance patch.

i always buff groups with kyrie and afterwards buff the armored classes (RK, RG) with assu, and i wouldn't do it differently if i had aoe-assu.

I hope you apply situational awareness and don't Pref when the tanks have a mob then. The number of parties I've been in and seen some -_-y AB get the tanks killed like that is ridiculous.

#54 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I would then proceed to teach them how to phen swap. =p
There's no reason for them to do that no phen sillieness really.

Even the best phen switchers screw up on occasion, and switching between Assumpto and KE makes even a good phen switcher's life a little more easy.

Edited by lainee, 30 November 2011 - 12:13 PM.

#55 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

I hope you apply situational awareness and don't Pref when the tanks have a mob then. The number of parties I've been in and seen some -_-y AB get the tanks killed like that is ridiculous.

tanks never get kyrie unless they're agi-builds but how often does that happen?. armored classes only get assu when they wear a shield too. RKs with two handed swords or RGs with two handed spears still get kyrie/praef (unless they tank of course).

i really don't miss an aoe-assu at all, and i'm really looking forward to the praef buff.

Edited by Agahim, 30 November 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#56 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Maybe you should have just posted something more constructive from the beginning instead of attempting to make me look like a total tard--I do that a lot without the help of others so you don't really need to put any effort into that.
I know there's nothing we can do to get a mass assumptio skill other than the buff scrolls, but I was just curious because I love Assumptio so much D:

I was in AL today with a party of [Lol!] 4 Ab's. I took the bottom four people on the party window, one other took the middle, and then another took the top; We Assumptio'd that way, while the fourth was on constant heal duty. I buffed, healed, assumptio'd, Prefatio'd in case of a dire red health emergency heal (that's how I use it btw) and we did perfectly. It was done in a staggering 15 minutes. Lol. My roommate died once when her MS ran out while mobbed and that was it.

I love using teamwork like that. I feel like the party buffs and heals really took away from the coordination and teamwork efforts from AB's, thus, most just turn out to be really lazy and horribly inefficient AB's when alone or outside of a turn in.

I guess I'm somewhat against a part assumptio now =w=
Weird... lol. But yes, today changed my view on the topic somewhat.
If there ever was a mass assumptio skill, it should only be useable if you are the ONLY priest in the party.

But... there won't be, sooo!
Okay how do I end this.
Uhm... cupcake.

Posted Image

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Even the best phen switchers screw up on occasion, and switching between Assumpto and KE makes even a good phen switcher's life a little more easy.

Taking it from a wizzies pov now, I mained HW for a while, I'll probably get my switch right the second / third time and I'd be scared of taking more damage! As a wiz I'd advise you not to KE me. Maybe that's a personal pref, but it doesn't seem necessary unless the player is failing constantly, then yeah go nuts lol.

tanks never get kyrie unless they're agi-builds but how often does that happen?. armored classes only get assu when they wear a shield too. RKs with two handed swords or RGs with two handed spears still get kyrie/praef.

i really don't miss an aoe-assu at all, and i'm really looking forward to the praef buff.

But pref covers the enitre party......... And FYI, I mob and tank on an agi char and still prefer Assumptio. (using dual fortune swords) - lots of GX do it.

Maybe it's different on valk, there's plenty newer people there with lesser gear and I can see people attempting to tank wearing 2H weapons. I fail to see why you would pick and chose based on if they wear a shield or not. For anyone that doesn't flee, Pref/KE will die very quicky unless we're talking about "mobs" of < 3 monsters. Plus, KE breaks at a certain % damage barrier. At this point, if they're not wearing a shield, that damage is likely to be a lot higher and therefore KE breaks quicker.

But I cannot apply KE/pref to any high end PVM at all in my mind, I'm running through every situation, and short of trolling my party with pref and pretending to be a TI priest, it's not really clicking in my mind. Maybe for running through the first few levels of ET. And perhaps for the first level of sealed Shrine.

but anything magma2, juperos, bio2/3, thor, AL3 (not AL2), or upwards just screams NO KE in my mind.

Edited by Xellie, 30 November 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#58 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Seriously don't see what the issue is with closing your own topic.
What's so harmful about that?

My question was answered, the topic was going WAY off course, so I closed it.
THEN it's re-opened immediately after and I'm just sitting here like...

Posted Image

#59 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

No i can close my own topic :bang:

a few posts up Okii you were worrying about people 'attempting to make you look like a total tard'. Now while I don't think you are a tard, if you start threads and then close them just 'because you can' or because someone disagrees with - you are going to have a lot of people thinking that about you.

THEN it's re-opened immediately after and I'm just sitting here like...

If there ever was a reason for scrapping the fungineer/volunteer concept, this is it. Seriously Oda or whoever, sif give the power to close topics to people other than mods.

Post have also just been deleted. Is this you doing that too Okii?

Edited by lainee, 30 November 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#60 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

I know it seems weird that the mass buffs that normally HP provide weren't all available for ABs.

But it makes sense when you recall that any building of new 3rd class skills can only be done off of 2nd class skills not Trans skills. Else someone who skips Trans and goes straight to 3rd would have a gap in their 3rd class skills.

I was going to point out that Assumptio is not a Priest skill myself.
But thats only a valid response because the OP specifically says "mass Assumptio"

Imagine an AB skill which makes the next buff you use party wide, including Assumptio. No trans relation, mass assump... if you have it :B

They should have done just that and instead come up with more unique skills than making half of the old skills aoe.

#61 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

a few posts up Okii you were worrying about people 'attempting to make you look like a total tard'. Now while I don't think you are a tard, if you start threads and then close them just 'because you can' or because someone disagrees with - you are going to have a lot of people thinking that about you.

No Lainee, don't be dumb please.
I closed the topic because my question was answered.

It's not "just because I can"
It's because
LOOK AT THE TOPIC TITLE AND THEN LOOK AT THE CONTENTS OF THIS TOPIC
My question was answered and now people are talking about phen switching. ?

If you'd read my posts you'd see that I don't care if people disagree between assumptio or KE. I knew that would happen v.v
But this topic has served its purpose to me and now it's derailing even more and more.

#62 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

But pref covers the enitre party......... And FYI, I mob and tank on an agi char and still prefer Assumptio. (using dual fortune swords) - lots of GX do it.

Maybe it's different on valk, there's plenty newer people there with lesser gear and I can see people attempting to tank wearing 2H weapons. I fail to see why you would pick and chose based on if they wear a shield or not. For anyone that doesn't flee, Pref/KE will die very quicky unless we're talking about "mobs" of < 3 monsters. Plus, KE breaks at a certain % damage barrier. At this point, if they're not wearing a shield, that damage is likely to be a lot higher and therefore KE breaks quicker.

But I cannot apply KE/pref to any high end PVM at all in my mind, I'm running through every situation, and short of trolling my party with pref and pretending to be a TI priest, it's not really clicking in my mind. Maybe for running through the first few levels of ET. And perhaps for the first level of sealed Shrine.

but anything magma2, juperos, bio2/3, thor, AL3 (not AL2), or upwards just screams NO KE in my mind.

yeah i know what you mean, i'd steal the tank their assu when they're mobbed and i rebuff praef. i know when to rebuff and when to leave it, of course. i also work with kyrie seperately when i don't think it's worth to rebuff the entire party just because one person messed up.

i play on ygg, not valk, and lack of players might often times result in unconventional party set-ups. pretty much all cases besides the tank is based on preferences i think. if i buff a lock in bio3 with assu the 10% less dmg per hit won't save him more likely than dodging the first 10-15 hits completely. i do not buff RKs and RGs with two-hand weapons because those are mostly agi builds anyway, still have a large hp pool and are missing about 100-150def over players with shields. i only buff assu on tanks or heavily armored classes (because in those cases i feel it is more efficent).

i can see why many players might prefer aoe-assu since that would mean only having to rebuff every 100sec. but i'm not lazy with buffing so i prefer praef.

in any case i don't feel like the lack of aoe-assu is a great loss.

Edited by Agahim, 30 November 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

yeah i know what you mean, i'd steal the tank their assu when they're mobbed and i rebuff praef. i know when to rebuff and when to leave, it of course. i also work with kyrie seperately when i don't think it's worth to rebuff the entire party just because one person messed up.

i play on ygg, not valk, and lack of players might often times result in unconventional party set-ups. pretty much all cases besides the tank is based on preferences i think. if i buff a lock in bio3 with assu the 10% less dmg per hit won't save him more likely than dodging the first 10-15 hits completely. i do not buff RKs and RGs with two-hand weapons because those are mostly agi builds anyway, still have a large hp pool and are missing about 100-150def over players with shields. i only buff assu on tanks or heavily armored classes (because in those cases i feel it is more efficent).

i can see why many players might prefer aoe-assu since that would mean only having to rebuff every 100sec. but i'm not lazy with buffing so i prefer praef.

in any case i don't feel like the lack of aoe-assu is a great loss.

It's not, I'm quite profiecient at spamming assu through the party window, a skill I learned as a solo HP for a party of 12 in ET. I can see why a desire for the skill would be there, I just enjoy looking at the various ways different people handle supporting a party.

Since assumpt works on hard def, I assume that any swordie class has decent amount of defence, making the assumptio worth it, I use SW for hit blocking rather than KE, which I guess is sort of the same, yet non portable thing, with the added bonus of no rebuff.

@ Pref when tank hit red HP, that's what high heal exists for. /swt

Edited by Xellie, 30 November 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#64 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

It's not, I'm quite profiecient at spamming assu through the party window, a skill I learned as a solo HP for a party of 12 in ET. I can see why a desire for the skill would be there, I just enjoy looking at the various ways different people handle supporting a party.

Since assumpt works on hard def, I assume that any swordie class has decent amount of defence, making the assumptio worth it, I use SW for hit blocking rather than KE, which I guess is sort of the same, yet non portable thing, with the added bonus of no rebuff.

@ Pref when tank hit red HP, that's what high heal exists for. /swt

safety wall is a joke now. i was really upset when they changed it. it used to be quite nice, but now it is a waste of skill points in my opinion. i'd only get it if i was a ME priest/bishop. so using SW falls flat for me.
it might still be nice for mage classes. but there's no way in hell i'm wasting 13 skillpoints on a skill that is only slightly better than kyrie but limited to a spot on the ground.

don't look so sad at me, emperium, not my fault.

Edited by Agahim, 30 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#65 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hum, now you're not listening, lainee...
if it's true what Xellie said (and I don't have a reason for not believing her), everyone could close threads if he/she was the one opening it at some point. And as I read it, it's actually something other forum users CAN do, but fungineers CAN'T.
Okii is right in this going way of topic from the initial question of why there's no Mass Assumptio (answer: because Assumptio is not a Priest, but High Priest Skill, and you can get Third Job without trans first) to what's better, Assumptio or Kyrie and - whatever the topic went to afterwards...
So the original purpose for this thread is actually done, and before there's a fight breaking out or bad words spoken, ending a topic might be a good idea.

That's all I'm saying :bang:

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I guess it depends where you play too, I mvp a lot, so I like to combo SW and Assu on MS tank, etc.

I also tank MVPs on my AB that way. Yes Valk randy.

#67 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

I guess it depends where you play too, I mvp a lot, so I like to combo SW and Assu on MS tank, etc.

I also tank MVPs on my AB that way. Yes Valk randy.

heh. And also one of the main reasons to have multiple AB's so you can 'do it all' on a case by case basis. :bang:

I leveled mostly as an ME priest solo at NI, using a build somewhere between your mkI and mkII ME ABs and with similar gears - and using the fwing and fake 'share' party trick to maximize speed. Did a skill and stat reset at just before hitting 150/50 back to a FS WoE build. I should really rebirth my priestess on my alt account and make another ME one - as if you are that way inclined they are kind of fun to level, in a grindy kind of way.

Edited by lainee, 30 November 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#68 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Right now, this game is on easy mode and unless I'm in ET or Bio3, I don't care whether I'm using KE or Assumptio. I just "go with the flow" when I'm playing an Archbishop. :bang:

I just subconsciously use Prefaetio every now and then when I recast all my buffs and Laudas. I Assumptio the people who are currently taking the highest damage or getting bullied by the mob.

Edit: Who has noticed that fungineers don't have green names anymore? xD

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

heh. And also one of the main reasons to have multiple AB's so you can 'do it all' on a case by case basis. :bang:

I leveled mostly as an ME priest solo at NI, using a build somewhere between your mkI and mkII ME ABs and with similar gears - and using the fwing and fake 'share' party trick to maximize speed. Did a skill and stat reset at just before hitting 150/50 back to a FS WoE build. I should really rebirth my priestess on my alt account and make another ME one - as if you are that way inclined they are kind of fun to level, in a grindy kind of way.

Hah you read my AB builds? I do love them so much, ME levelling is so powerful and pretty fun. My FS though... she can do practically everything, but one can argue that's a case of gear. I do want to try a full defence mode lowish int AB build with my heal gears.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 November 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#70 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

I'm not mad, upset, unhappy, outraged, nothing.

This is how I talk to people all the time. I say ass-kissing and stuff like that. I'm kinda vulgar in my language and always have been.
I'm not attempting to single you out but come on Xellie.

I told you guys over and over that I have the power to close my own topic and you guys said "Oh cool" or "I have that right too".
I told Inubashiri AND Oda that I randomly got this right one day. It may have to do with post count, idk.
But I have literally closed my own topic before and it wasn't revived, I wasn't lectured, and it was perfectly fine.

Some people don't have the right to delete their own posts (comments in a topic) while others do.
I did nothing wrong by closing my topic because it was derailed very badly and the purpose of this topic was fulfilled, the question was answered.

Tbh, I really just don't care.
We both agree that the Fun-gineers group is going absolutely nowhere.
I'll laugh if this gets edited out.

Hey Inu <3

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 November 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#71 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

To close or not to close....that is the question, seriously though I opened it back up cause some people wanted to continue the discussion, people hijack threads all the time for their own purposes closing it is the same closing someone's book while they are reading it because you know the ending. Either way the permissions should have been fixed. Topics come and go and die all the same, they don't need to be closed unless the discussion turns stupid or a mud slinging contest.

Onwards with the "discussion" people wanted please!

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 November 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#72 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Because, as with most forums, unless a thread (such as a sticky or poll) is started by an admin or moderator, the general consensus is that the OP does not own the thread they started and nor do they get to control the way any resulting discussion plays out. It's a mod's job to decide when a topic needs to be closed...not the OP or any other contributor.

Speaking for myself, I thought your OP was an invitation to debate the merits / detriments of introducing a mass assumptio skill to the AB skill tree. That said, the resulting debate was pretty informative and I was rather surprised to find it closed when I went to respond to a post earlier before it was reopened--mainly because there was no valid reason to kill the discussion.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should." /no1

#73 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Because, as with most forums, unless a thread (such as a sticky or poll) is started by an admin or moderator, the general consensus is that the OP does not own the thread they started and nor do they get to control the way any resulting discussion plays out. It's a mod's job to decide when a topic needs to be closed...not the OP or any other contributor.

Speaking for myself, I thought your OP was an invitation to debate the merits / detriments of introducing a mass assumptio skill to the AB skill tree. That said, the resulting debate was pretty informative and I was rather surprised to find it closed when I went to respond to a post earlier before it was reopened--mainly because there was no valid reason to kill the discussion.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should." /no1

I see where you're going with this and I do agree, but these rules were nowhere set before me and I was randomly given this strange right a few weeks ago. I didn't know but I'm sorry for closing this topic. I'm enjoying it rather much right now actually. Glad it's still opened.

#74 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

my favourite animals are newts.

Edited by Agahim, 30 November 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#75 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

I'm fairly certain that what you're stating is nothing but a preference / opinion.

wish was true... but opinion change... I used to assumpt people outside woes before third classes to the point i will get mad when people forgot to walk close to me before rushing. @_@, Hated sanct and oviously ME was more fun, now stuff is different.

Warning: random rambling

I have done MVPs, only mvp missing of my priest is satan morroc (have a date on xmas with him <3), PVM I have done almost each map with three exceptions, one is okolnir.

While I play valk now, I came from Ymir (Chaos&Iris) so don't judge me for where I play. While I consider myself a good AB and have a long way to go before I call myself a master of the class and the reason why I used to call myself the worst priest ever.

While Valk has "lower grade" remember, there is people there who came from the original 3 servers and still we have standards. I'm all for giving warlocks a fair chance, give Abs more heal... And yet I'm all for "don't judge people for their equips"

Best moment ever I saw once on each enviroment:

Woe... Someone used Ress on woe and killed a guy who used a undead armor...

PVM, a double belter with brynhild shura getting owned by oanother poor geared shura on the same party because he knew how to play his class.

MVP, best moment goes to a wizard who was passing by and ice walled around a bloody branch summoned gloom to protect herself and her friends who started 1 week ago. After my party killed the gloom we were surprised when we knew she only had one week playing same as her friends.

Also I discover each day as an AB that some skills I use to complain now are really strong when used with something I also have, I use the same equip from a year ago down to my shield. A week ago I contemplated changing my shield... Didn't feel right but I wanna see what I can do now.

Also this came from someone whose main was a SinX before pre-renewal and now she loves her AB and wanderer :bang: Now my three main chars fight for my love each day <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users