Recent sprite errors - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Recent sprite errors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonrage

Dragonrage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Just recently I stop playing for a month because I went over seas for vacation(6/21/10-7/20/10). I came back setup the new warpportal system and got my account active again. As soon as I started playing I was getting sprite errors which I never gotten before. I searched around and found this thread. http://iro.ragnaroko...KeyWord=&mNum=0 I did everything it said and still got the errors. I tried asking my room mate and he said he was constantly being sent those same directions and we both tried a full uninstall and re-download. But still the errors were popping up. Now my room mate won't play and I don't want to go his route because of this. Could someone please help?

#2 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

Do you have any idea what might be making you crash? What map is it? Is it around certain characters (ie. someone wearing a hat you haven't seen before, someone using a skill you haven't seen before)? Can you play at all or is it constantly as soon as you log in? Can you log in on any of your other characters on any other maps?

Does your roommate get these errors too? From what you say I think you just missed a patch or something somewhere...

When you uninstall, make sure you delete the entire Ragnarok folder. To make sure its totally cleaned out.

Since you've uninstalled, I imagine you've tried making sure the client is patched. If you play on Valkyrie, I'd try patching the regular RO client as well. If none of this works, you could send a detailed report ticket (https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx).

#3 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

iRO is notorious for these kinds of stuff. If you miss a patch for some new headgear that came out, your client doesn't automatically get it which causes you to have sprite errors. Usually, a fresh install does the job.

#4 Dragonrage

Dragonrage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

we still keep getting the errors, we tried to narrow things down and it looks like maybe its the turtle hat. I have yet to see it but the error always happens when someone areas in the area around me and my room mate and the person isn't wearing any head gear. Thank you for you response I'll try and see if I can find the turtle hat patch on Iro wiki.

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

It's not the turtle hat. Likely a newly implemented tucan hat or some special event thing. Who knows - maybe they gave out some USRC hats, but the gm is currently viewing this...let's wait and see!

P.S. If you gravity error, login in 5-6 times continually, and hold the mouse click down on the bottom or top of your screen. Eventually you'll have walked out of the DC area.

I believe you are logged in until you actually click "close window" on the gravity error windows, but sometimes it takes me one or two logins to escape.

Edited by Ultimate, 26 July 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#6 Dragonrage

Dragonrage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:52 AM

It's not the turtle hat. Likely a newly implemented tucan hat or some special event thing. Who knows - maybe they gave out some USRC hats, but the gm is currently viewing this...let's wait and see!

P.S. If you gravity error, login in 5-6 times continually, and hold the mouse click down on the bottom or top of your screen. Eventually you'll have walked out of the DC area.

I believe you are logged in until you actually click "close window" on the gravity error windows, but sometimes it takes me one or two logins to escape.

Its definitely the turtle Hat, had a guild mate test out what it could be and by switching out all the new stuff she picked up while I was away. My room mate tested it too and the same thing. we tried totally uninstalling everything and getting a new client and still get the sprite errors with the hats.

#7 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

http://forums.warppo...ers-during-woe/

It could be turtle hats for your client, and something else for others :o right now it just sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users