Tournament of Dragons - Page 5 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tournament of Dragons

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#101 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

UH YEAH WELL, I-IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF PEOPLE USED THE BUG

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:53 PM
Official Tournament Rules:

1.Exploitation of game mechanics is grounds for immediate disqualification.

You're right. Everyone just wants Fighters disqualified because of their damage. It's all a conspiracy. Now that you know, we'll have to deal with you. Don't look out your window.

#102 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Let me explain bug. Activate your desired twin skill. Wait for cooldown to hit 0 and activate skill again.
Bug is automatically cancelled if twin is hit. Automatically cancelled if twin skill is not used within skill cooldown timeframe (4.5- 6secs). Glitch is cancelled if tjey use fusion. Glitch is cancelled if twin teleports via knockdown, fast movespd or dash jumping. Bug is cancelled if you use other skills after it 30% of he time.

Basically, the benefits of this bug is only high in pve as twin never gets hit, you don't need to dash jump in pve, and you can spam skills safely.
Using in pvp does not reap benefits as most of the time when skill is used, it MATCHES cooldown. The only thing that hey benefit from is mp. Mp is never a problem for twins though. In comparison to my ninja, I use only 1/4 he amount of pots
Edit: looks out window. Hides under bed.

Edited by tainguyen, 06 December 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#103 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:decard

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

I want twins out? I never even said anything about removing them. And I'm sorry but the bug easily outdamages dagger. The first time it was shown to me I died so fast, my hp bar visually only went down 40% or so.

#104 JoeyLe

JoeyLe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

[quote name='Yurai' timestamp='1323211513' post='671876']
RP does hit multiple targets in a decent AoE, so no, that's not what I'm worried about. As I have stated before, the reason I'd like to put off Dragonkins from participating yet is that there hasn't been enough gameplay with them to determine their level of balance.

Just as Rim has stated, u seem to have little or inatiquete reasons to ban either twins or summoners. There are already dozens of lv 70+ summoners and twins out there to test out imbalances of both clases. So far both classes have minuscule imabalnced moves compared to all other human races. Your providing reasons to ban both classes based on assumptions rather than actually testing out the class yourself. The opinons of players that actually have a 70+ summoner or twin are more valuable as they have tested out that classes skills and are experienced in that classes pvp mechanics. Banning both classes because of ur assumptions is illogical and creating unfairness in opportunities for all players to compete.

#105 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

I want twins out? I never even said anything about removing them. And I'm sorry but the bug easily outdamages dagger. The first time it was shown to me I died so fast, my hp bar visually only went down 40% or so.

Was this before the damage nerf?

#106 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Was this before the damage nerf?

Before and after

#107 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Must have been a very strong weapon. Even so, twins are known for damg. As for daggers, i was comparing cooldown.

Editt: Also i was implying ppl in general who wants them out such as yurai. Rather then banning twins, i think we can come with solutions.

one way is to have everyone else use lvl 20 weapons, and twins lvl 1 weapon. Ive been using a lvl 37 weapon for my twin till lvl 55ish.

Ban at light speed, ban weave. I also forgot to include about bug. Only bug skill that is hard to see is dragon kick and spirit spear due to there fast animations. Everything else is easily noticable.

Edited by tainguyen, 06 December 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#108 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

A very strong weapon actually
Spoiler

#109 JustinLe

JustinLe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Upon further research, I think that the allowed classes should be limited to the human classes. Both the dragon kin classes are a bit imbalanced for naked PvP:

• Twin fighters currently have a bug that allows them to spam skills with no cooldowns
  • Summoners have pets that have around 10x the summoner's HP in naked PvP. These pets can take up a lot of space and block up a lot of damage and/or projectiles, essentially making them invulnerable to ranged attacks. At close range, summoners have a lot of skills that discourage players to get into their vicinity, making it impossible to approach them from near or far.

And ur actually contradicting yourself... u say ur nuetral on the matter of both classes balances, but u cleary stated and started the topic of both classes being imbalanced

Edited by JustinLe, 06 December 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#110 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

A very strong weapon actually

Spoiler

LOL! *prays to buddah*

#111 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

And ur actually contradicting yourself... u say ur nuetral on the matter of both classes balances, but u cleary stated and started the topic of both classes being imbalanced

Point taken. However, I am still saying that I'm going to stop judging prematurely and that we do not have sufficient players trying out the class.

#112 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'm just going to say this. Abusing bugs in pvp is grounds for DQing like Hastur said and twins can use the glitch pretty easy and in group pvp it's extremely hard to see when it's being used. So why not just bar Fighters from group tournaments until the bugs are fixed.

this is from pre- damage fix.

it's hard enough to tell if the fighter is just lagging or canceling in 1v1. Now think about spotting that in a game where 8 people are running around..

Edited by StormHaven, 06 December 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#113 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

[quote name='StormHaven' timestamp='1323218689' post='671996']
I'm just going to say this. Abusing bugs in pvp is grounds for DQing like Hastur said and twins can use the glitch pretty easy and in group pvp it's extremely hard to see when it's being used. So why not just bar Fighters from group tournaments until the bugs are fixed.

this is from pre- damage fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFfMr34kSM

Thanks for the video storm. Very easy to notice bug ^^. How can you possibly mistake this glitch with a another skill? Plus its obvious twin is in bug.

Edit: with this video, they can decide easily. (You should post a video of actual pvp and see how easy bug is cancelled)

Edited by tainguyen, 06 December 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#114 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the video storm. Very easy to notice bug ^^. How can you possibly mistake this glitch with a another skill? Plus its obvious twin is in bug.

Edit: with this video, they can decide easily. (You should post a video of actual pvp and see how easy bug is cancelled)

It's just as easy to cancel in actual pvp and it's even harder to spot then.
It's much much much much worse in an actual pvp match.

Edited by StormHaven, 06 December 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#115 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

So we are basing our reason for banning the class off the assumption that most of our twins are willing to cheat provided that they think they can get away with it...and they are willing to risk getting disqualified and receiving a bad rep in order to use that glitch? Some faith we have in the community....

Imo, people here seem to be taking this tournament way too seriously.

#116 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

So we are basing our reason for banning the class off the assumption that most of our twins are willing to cheat provided that they think they can get away with it...and they are willing to risk getting disqualified and receiving a bad rep in order to use that glitch? Some faith we have in the community....

Imo, people here seem to be taking this tournament way too seriously.

In any competition with a prize if you knew you could cheat and basically automatically win it without fear of being caught, would you? Most people would probably say yes they would. In the words of ragest fighter ever "It's a game and I'll do anything to win"

Edited by StormHaven, 06 December 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#117 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again: Storm and Yurai are right. It's almost impossible for an opposing player or teammate player to see when you use the bug. It does not matter if we operate on the premise that a fighter will cheat with the opportunity, so much as that the opportunity is there and virtually invisible, impossible to detect, and an accusation would lead to an extraordinary amount of excessive bickering and detraction from the tournament. Group this in with 7 other players you need to keep a close eye on--and Hastur says in this very topic that not many overseers are available from the start, and you have a mess waiting to happen. The best solution is to bar Fighters from the tournament--or, if so desired, ban Twin Skills from the Tournament which would be ludicrous.

EDIT: Also, I don't know where you guys have been, but Fighter damage has been fixed for a goodly number of weeks now.

Edited by Kazu731, 06 December 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#118 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

In a normal pvp, sure I'm going to play for fun and not try to do anything that I feel unfair to the other person. However in a tournament setting, with prizes, you can bet I'd be willing to use every single cheap and unfair aspect of my class as possible. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with that mindset.

#119 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Does it matter if even the GMs can't see when someone abuses the fighter bug? Why risk it at the risk of everyone else's participation? Sounds like an easy cheat ticket to me.

Edited by Kazu731, 06 December 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#120 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Nah, look at storms video. You can easily see it. If your scared of damg... a wise man once told me.... "Stop sitting on your arse and RUN!"

ZZZ... im done with this thread, so much hatred...

#121 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

If you'd like, I'd gladly--with the cooperation of someone else--use the bug on someone with them recording if you'd like to see. It's pretty funny how you just stand there and see the numbers add up.

#122 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Nah, look at storms video. You can easily see it. If your scared of damg... a wise man once told me.... "Stop sitting on your arse and RUN!"

ZZZ... im done with this thread, so much hatred...

The dmg was fixed but how do you run from a class in naked that can animation cancel and has a massive speed boost along with tracking skils?

#123 JoeyLe

JoeyLe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

In a normal pvp, sure I'm going to play for fun and not try to do anything that I feel unfair to the other person. However in a tournament setting, with prizes, you can bet I'd be willing to use every single cheap and unfair aspect of my class as possible. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with that mindset.

Kinda sounds like what you are doing right now. You're trying to bar twins from the tournament so that you can have better chances of winning. like u said,"youd be willing to use every cheap and unfair aspect for a tournament with prizes". If this is your mind-set then obviously all your reasons for banning twins has your own biased agendas to make it easier for you to win

Edited by JoeyLe, 06 December 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#124 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

In any competition with a prize if you knew you could cheat and basically automatically win it without fear of being caught, would you? Most people would probably say yes they would. In the words of ragest fighter ever "It's a game and I'll do anything to win"

It's funny because somewhere in my 7k+ DS screenshot folder, I have certain members of certain guilds admitting to just this.

Edited by Miname, 06 December 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#125 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

You know what? i propose 2 tournaments!!!! one for humans and one for dragonkins. Dragonkin tournament will get a lower prize for winners, but will also be used as testing purposes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users