2nd ROSE Community Senate - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2nd ROSE Community Senate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#26 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Nominations that only contained the name of the person have been removed. If your nomination was removed and you would like your voice to be heard, please reply back with their name and a brief explanation. Thank you.

#27 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

I would like to nominate Kitt.
Imo its important that a Senate Member should have the following attributes.

Rule abiding on Forums in general.
Constructive posts, even when all is dull and gloomy. Its always refreshing to read a post from someone who can keep a clear head.
Not go all wooo woo with insane assumptions, accusations etc....For me, thats a total no no. I highly doubt it will enable the Communities voice to be heard if someone was like that on the Senate.

Eventhough i do have a few Forums Member names in my head. My foremost choice is going to be Kitt.
I have always enjoyed reading her posts for many years now. She may not spam post, but when she does. Boy oh boy is it worth the read.
I was very fortunate to meet her in RL just a few weeks ago. We had Chinese, or atleast i hope it was, as im reminded of that cat song..." I cant tell if its Chicken, Fish or Pork, but theres a hairball on my fork" xD
Great evening with a delightful Lady. RoseOnline was a hot topic of conversation. I liked what Kitt had to say and i do feel if given the chance, she would do a fantastic job.
I not only hope to meet up with her again, but also that one day i see her in a seat on the Senate.

#28 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

It would be nice if the senates got told what was happening a on weekly basis :blink:

Problem is there are barely anything to tell on a weekly basis, and as a senator I respect the staff take the time to discuss things with us and with that I also respect the fact that there is a reason why the staff post in the community senator forum section instead of the public. I don't want to post stuff to the public and get people's hope up that is not set in stone yet, we the senator has posted numerous most wanted issues in the hidden forum, but there isn't anything that set in stone worth to the public, the finalized results are more convincing if it is posted by staff since senator can't make a sticky thread.

The only major thing that actually happened is the jewelery changes (actually not the senator brought up), it was planned nicely but I don't know when that will be finalized, so there isn't anything I can tell.

Also, there is a thread in the hidden forum about the monster drop changes and fixes, we asked the removal of the massive blue armor in the drop table, what actually happened is they changed the sequence of how mobs spawn, from low ranks to high ranks, currently captain type monster is the culprit of the massive blue armor in the drop table, and with that spawn sequence, things will get better, since people still need rune stone and mats from disassembling. In my opinion, there are still plenty of blue armor junk through out the whole game. We also asked for a review of the drop system, there are ways too many non-related to crafting system mats dropping, and they did something such as the removal of mats that is sold by NPC, removing sticky liquid, etc. But in my opinion, there are still huge amount of non-related crap mats dropping. For example in Orlo, I still see massive snapper beak, tail, animal leg bone, plasma, destruction drill, I don't have characters to fight in lower level monster and I'm pretty sure it has the same problem as well.

Remember there is a huge thread written by Phish regarding class skill balancing? So far, there are no words about it, what we are told and perceived is big overall changes to the class and skill system will not happen, but we will rather see a little change to the champion, mage, artisan class. Champs are going to get nerf for sure, mage's anti-magic shell, fierce cudgeling will become a selective buff removal (it was told that way, but not sure if it will be like that at the end), artisan's nade spam will get a cool down extension.

We are also told that there are changes to the main stat to actual stat ratio along with changes to re-scale what a gem gives, and they are going to use Pegasus to test it, we are not told that it is ready or not, open to the public or they just do it themselves.

#29 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

I vote for the same people that are senates now. My reason? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

#30 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

I would like to nominate MidnightSmurf.

His knowledge of the game is deep and includes experience, wich he is always ready to share... but the main reason :
I personally could read a lot of posts around the forum from him, trying to express the ingame feedback we players had in Draconis (where he plays).

He based many comments and feedbacks on what community showed/screamed around the game, inside the game itself, giving, spontaneousely, a "voice" to the players.

The sensibility in matter of game play and, in general, community needings is really what I would personally love to find in a senate member.

Alex.

#31 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

Gojio - have a nice amount of knowledge about the game (classes, quests, drops, etc.) and as far as i saw he trys to give a feedback to the GM's about the new and old stuff.

MidnightSmurf - first, he's from Draconis - as I think its important to have a member from both serves in the Senate. And specificly him because he has good experience of the game with a knowledge about the classes. In addition, he always suggest good stuff to fix/add.

#32 ScarletDragon

ScarletDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNeo Domino City
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

i say geddeh cause he know alot of the game, has a long time playing, is very active and could help alot

#33 Pelmundo

Pelmundo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

My vote goes for MidnightSmurf.

Beneath the little cute Smurf stands one great wise man. Full of enthusiasm and willingness to work hard to get things move. Enough motivated and fully active.
Give him a chance and you'll see what he's made of.

- Pel

#34 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

[/quote][quote name='DestinyDeoxys' timestamp='1323280387' post='673221']
Remember there is a huge thread written by Phish regarding class skill balancing? So far, there are no words about it, what we are told and perceived is big overall changes to the class and skill system will not happen, but we will rather see a little change to the champion, mage, artisan class. Champs are going to get nerf for sure, mage's anti-magic shell, fierce cudgeling will become a selective buff removal (it was told that way, but not sure if it will be like that at the end), artisan's nade spam will get a cool down extension.
[/quote]

So underpowered classes such as dual raider, bourg (because of a glitch) and scout are seeing no changes?

edit: This post is clearly not a nomination and if it needs to be removed go ahead.

Edited by DoubleRose, 07 December 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#35 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Here are my choices:

Oerba: Knowledgeable about many aspects of the game, logical and unbiased.

Gojio: Long term player and he can give accurate feedback for many things.

Midnight Smurf: Logical as well and also brings up many worthy issues.

Feuer: Probably the best person to look to when finding of ways to bring Rose to it's full potential.

So underpowered classes such as dual raider, bourg (because of a glitch) and scout are seeing no changes?

edit: This post is clearly not a nomination and if it needs to be removed go ahead.

Part of the reason there has not been mention on these topics is because we haven't been informed either. The champ/artisan/mage issues were brought up as things that should be 'nerfed' and there were no specification on buffs to weaker classes.

Edited by Phish, 07 December 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#36 Casanovovic

Casanovovic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:WIGGLE WIGGLE!?!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

i vote SONNEMA reason, he got a different view on rose then any other person that is selected here on this topic.
He knows alot about rose, and he can give the GM's a different view on things then any other person.

#37 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Oerba - Seems logical and to the point.

Feuer - Some nice work done, shows dedication.

----

PickUp - Seen some nice suggestions from him, would be a nice addition.

Pish - Logical and sticks to fact.

When some classes gets nerfed the classes not touched will be made equally much stronger compared to those classes. Small changes are some times far more effecient, and easier to control so that things do not get out of proportion.

#38 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Part of the reason there has not been mention on these topics is because we haven't been informed either. The champ/artisan/mage issues were brought up as things that should be 'nerfed' and there were no specification on buffs to weaker classes.

I know we all wish we had more hands here and more time to get through the Class Balance discussions, we talked and went over a lot. Actually Phish/PickUp and Des all brought up a lot of things when it comes to class balancing, and we have some direction as they have mentioned but we just have not had the ability to. Its probably the one thread that has just ideas and discussions and nothing really clearly stated from our end that the Senate had talked about.

#39 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Lord Arthas- Pretty much shares the same opinions as I do about a majority of the aspects of the game and clearly communicates his (and others) views and opinions of the game. I think he would have some impact on getting the Dev's to focus a little more on the PvM aspect of the game, drop issues, and alerting to bugs in-game.

Sunflower Girl- maybe often over-looked due to a lack of posts but I see her passion towards the game and know that when she posts it is something I want to read. Generally she addresses issues that need immediate attention. If given the opportunity, I see that she has a solid understanding of the game and, if asked nicely, she would convey the information effectively to the Dev Team. She would be great in organizing and prioritizing what the Dev's should be working on first and foremost.

Gojio- This guy knows the game and isn't afraid to open up and let you know it. He obviously does his homework and thinks before posting. He would be awesome in the position of Senator.

Any one of the 3 existing Senators could be nominated for re-election as far as I'm concerned but if I am forced to choose a 4th candidate for re-election, I will choose Pick-up. He is the most active as far as I can tell, maybe I'm wrong :blink: . But like I said any of those 3 are decent and would be welcomed back.

Easy choice for my votes. replace my name with Rooster's :blink:
I do agree with all his reasoning so my nominees are: Rooster, Sunflower Girl and Gojio. I would also nominate Coffeemuse and the reasons are more than obvious (always nice ideas and he does show he wants this game to progress, specially the PVM part of it, which in my opinion has been neglected lately). But if i understand the rules right, we are limited to 3 people (are we?) so he'll get my vote next time no doubt!
Maintening the senate we have now would be my first choice though. As far as i can tell, the senators should be elected for a year minimum. I don't believe six months is enough time to really make a difference, mostly because game doesnt really change that much in that short period. Plus they have been doing a good job as far as i can tell. Like someone stated somewhere in this thread: if its not broken don't fix it.
Note: if this post doesnt count and i need to justify my choices by my own words, please someone let me know so i can edit/retype it.
Second note: Good luck to the future members of the senate. Whoever they are, they will have a lot to voice for sure.

Edited by LordArthas, 07 December 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#40 KetKat

KetKat

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEgypt - Cairo / UAE - Dubai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

SunflowerGirl has played the game a long time, is active- more so in game than on the forums, and because of this understands how the game goes and what needs to be done.

My vote is for Trebor. He can voice our concerns in a mature and effective way which we all know gets them to respond to our wants and needs much more often.

my vote is for Sunflowergirl and Trebor .. for the same reasons above :blink:

#41 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

interesting.. then you share almost the same point of view i have, btw if u read the description on champ in the rose site they are supposed to be the class with the highest ap but normal def and slow. knights should be faster than champs cause they dont carry heavy weapons like 2 handed weapons are supposed to be, cuase just look at the size of an SF how tf? can a guy be running around uw with something that huge at lightspeed?

Need to try keep this Topic on Topic.

#42 ScarletDragon

ScarletDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNeo Domino City

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Need to try keep this Topic on Topic.

yeah sry

#43 Speakers

Speakers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationSpeaker World
  • Server:Speaker

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

My vote is for Trebor. He can voice our concerns in a mature and effective way which we all know gets them to respond to our wants and needs much more often.
same as sunflower :blink:

#44 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

My first vote goes to Trebor as well. Rob has been around since the early beginning of ROSE and has obtained alot of knowledge about this game. He's the typical RP-player who doesn't care alot about PvP. Class-balancing is important but other things such as quests and keeping people here are important as well. I think Rob would easily fit the job.

I'd also like to vote for PurpleYouko for the same reason's why I voted for Trebor.

Edited by gEddeh, 08 December 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#45 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

I Vote for trebor + Sunflower Girl as i have known them both for a while now and know they have played this game and put alot of time and effort into it for themselves and also for other people.

also for purpleyouoko as i have seen some good knowledge about the game from this person and some nice helpful posts :blink:

#46 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Even though I am not playing at the moment I still keep up with the game and as an addicted Rose player will return. The senate seems to be working out and I think the people that have served so far have done a great job. I like the fact that the elections are every 6 months. Maybe it will help get new opinions and ideas looked at and a fresh view. I also like keeping long time players in the senate to help keep the flavor of Rose there. I think having a mix of people in the Senate is a good idea and we should keep that up. We need someone who knows the aspects of PVP to help the developers understand what is needed or desired by the players for PVP. In addition, we need to have people who give a voice for PVM, quests, and the social aspect for the game.

My vote:
Pish - knows all the ins and outs of game play and really strong on the PVP aspect and great ideas for balancing
SunflowerGirl - great as the casual (daily but only a few hours a day) game play, social aspect, farming, questing - and a really nice person with integrity and a mature attitude
Trebor - knows the ins and outs and for the same reasons as Sunflower
Feuer - I don't know him as well but I do know his reputation of game knowledge is great
And if any of the above can't be on the Senate or feel they are not a good choice then I would suggest we keep Destiny and/or Pick Up. They are both great choices and I am sure have added a lot of ideas and helped in some good discussions.

#47 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

As i have been gone for a good 12mnths only returning a few days ago i must 1st complement all involved with the vast improvements & Additions i am seeing everywhere.
From what i have read here you have 4 senets?? so i would think med-long termers will be the best in knowledge of what has and hasnt worked in the bast.

I think a pvp based player, pve based player, someone knowledgable of the game, and someone thats a general all rounder to work with events and help the others out with input of there own, now i dont know who these people are nowadays however i do know....

Goijo is very knowledgable, has been ingame since forever loves pvp,
IcePhish , is another longtimer and has alot of the above atributes

I have also delt with both of these perople ingame in the past and found them great to talk to and helpful when i needed answers or simply help ingame.

As for programing part i remember just before i stoped playing the devs allowed someones ignore addon to be used ingame, someone with this kind knowledge of programing would be very helpful in finding little tweeks and even helping the devs impliment them

#48 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Phish - He's the ROSE guru, knows everything about this game, about both PvM and PvP aspects and has helped a lot. Plus, I think he's already doing very well in his current position of Senator.

Oerba - Smart, polite, objective. When it comes to clearing anyone's doubts with 100% accuracy, he's always there helping people out. Knows a lot about this game and has the charm it takes to be a Senator.

LordArthas - Good old friend, we shared good times in ROSE, he speaks the truth when it's about helping the DEVs make this a better game. Would be perfect as a Senator, we need someone to be as straight at possible in that position.

CoffeeMuse - I think this one doesn't need an explanation. He's already a Senator to me and to a lot of others. He's been playing since day 1 and has supported the community since then. Sure loves this game, and we need people who love this game to be Senators.

Notice: I'm seeing a low participation of the community, and this is pretty important. Maybe you should encourage players to use forums and be active part of it. A couple announcements ingame would not hurt.

Edited by Gojio, 09 December 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#49 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

LordArthas - Good old friend, we shared good times in ROSE, he speaks the truth when it's about helping the DEVs make this a better game. Would be perfect as a Senator, we need someone to be as straight at possible in that position.

CoffeeMuse - I think this one doesn't need an explanation. He's already a Senator to me and to a lot of others. He's been playing since day 1 and has supported the community since then. Sure loves this game, and we need people who love this game to be Senators.

Notice: I'm seeing a low participation of the community, and this is pretty important. Maybe you should encourage players to use forums and be active part of it. A couple announcements ingame would not hurt.

agree whole heartedly on both!!!

This thing about the forums is very true, and has been such since they created forums on warp portal. The forums are a royal pain to sign up for, and having to re do it, re do passwords because of attacks, and so on, frankly much of the main forum base vanished. Now it is common to log onto forums and find, at most, 5 people on, much of the tiem, unless it is maintenance, or some bug or issue is going on. whereas i had never logged onto the old forums to see fewer than 30 names at any given time. The former forums were much easier to use, and were widely used. If there were in game announcements about the forums it might help quite a bit!

#50 Elpha

Elpha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

LordArthas He's passionate about the game, has played for a long time, wants to see it grow and develop to it's true potential and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He'd be a good voice for the community and gets my vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users