Brief Restart December 12th - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Brief Restart December 12th

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Zattory

Zattory

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Locationpontotoc,MS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

o.O I need to spent the 1K separate or I can spent 5K in one go and get 5 manuals?

#27 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

ahhhhh I was hoping there was going to be another x2 or x3 event -_- but I can`t complain really...

#28 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Do we have to seriously wait 4 hours? my high wizard just got fixed. Earlier today i had an issue and couldn't move or do absolutely nothing. They finally fixed it or it fixed itself...... I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT 4 hours!!!!!! To play again. you know?

Probably not but you never know =p

#29 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

its already up

#30 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

The servers are back up. Chill out.

#31 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

I think time to clean up my room while waiting. Ooops!! and beer would be nice too lol

#32 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Aren't BMx3 already giving 300%?

#33 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

.its a cover up of the real story.

What real history?? why fun things happen when I'm going out??

#34 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Too bad the TIs this week aren't really worth manualing on. -_-

#35 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

3x makes it 3x the normal rate. That is now increased so the bonus isn't 200% its 300% (so 4x normal rate)

Also Job Manual boxes are vendable.

Right now we are trying to do something new for an event this weekend so we are giving a lot of reward on Battle Manuals, which tons are available in vends, as well as earnable via reset stones (job manuals).
For the 1000 pt incentive, it is just something extra you can get, you don't have to divide your purchases or anything just every 1000 pts spent gets 1, so if you buy 5 Job Manual Boxes that would be 2000 points, that would be 2 free BM X3 given free.

We are planning on launching the skill update next week, barring incident or showstopper issue. Exp rates do change with this update, so this weekend is a good opportunity to get some increased levels.

#36 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Just a question. For those of us who already had a gum running before the maintenance, will we have the new effects as well, or do we have to wait out the 15mins of the gum, and pop a new one to have the new effects?

#37 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

launching the skill update just whith one week of testing!? we can't even use 2hand weapons in sakray!

thats bananas heim!

BANANAS

#38 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Why would you do this BM/BG thing on finals week!?

#39 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

I dont understand why though.

Just finished a double exp event.
Hell I went from 102-150 in a few days, and everyone started saying they dont understand why its so easy to 150.

Surprised there isnt a groove pack for sale at the same time.

#40 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

is the drop level penalty on???

#41 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

Just a question. For those of us who already had a gum running before the maintenance, will we have the new effects as well, or do we have to wait out the 15mins of the gum, and pop a new one to have the new effects?

most likely... but cant say for sure

I dont understand why though.

Just finished a double exp event.
Hell I went from 102-150 in a few days, and everyone started saying they dont understand why its so easy to 150.

Surprised there isnt a groove pack for sale at the same time.

dat cash shop~ it think its just to get players to use up these items so that there isnt as much of a surplus of these items

is the drop level penalty on???

no... drop penalty has been disabled for quite a while

#42 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

3x makes it 3x the normal rate. That is now increased so the bonus isn't 200% its 300% (so 4x normal rate)

Also Job Manual boxes are vendable.

Right now we are trying to do something new for an event this weekend so we are giving a lot of reward on Battle Manuals, which tons are available in vends, as well as earnable via reset stones (job manuals).
For the 1000 pt incentive, it is just something extra you can get, you don't have to divide your purchases or anything just every 1000 pts spent gets 1, so if you buy 5 Job Manual Boxes that would be 2000 points, that would be 2 free BM X3 given free.

We are planning on launching the skill update next week, barring incident or showstopper issue. Exp rates do change with this update, so this weekend is a good opportunity to get some increased levels.

Oh, so the upcoming leveling will be harder? That's what it sounded like o:
Spoiler

Edited by iiNote, 09 December 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#43 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Still sorta confusing with the whole battle manual modifier.

in-game it states (on a 3x BM) you get 330% exp until maint

how's that 150% of the orignal 300% you used to get?

*confused*

#44 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:29 AM

test it maybe? ingame discriptions are wrong alot

Edited by Astraeos, 09 December 2011 - 04:30 AM.

#45 MrZeroPing

MrZeroPing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

The math on the battle manuals and the gum isn't wrong. It is just the wording is semantically wrong.

For example they are saying "an additional" as opposed to just saying the BM x3 bonus has increased to 400%.

IE. Reg BM x3 = monster killed for 100 exp become 300xp gained from killing the monster.

100 exp from the monster itself PLUS (+) 200% of the exp = 100 xp + 200 xp (200%x100) = 300xp. In the end it is still the same amount of xp, just the wording they chose to use does not reflect the wording used in the game.

Which definitely makes it sound like we are getting screwed xp-wise/bonus item drop-wise but in actuality we aren't.

#46 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

Probably setting an event when there is a rushed half week major update testing isn't the best idea because it drags people away from testing into playing their real charas, but that is just my opinion....

#47 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

launching the skill update just whith one week of testing!? we can't even use 2hand weapons in sakray!

thats bananas heim!

BANANAS

Looks like a "Renewal failure" replay all over again. All rushed, lame results.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 December 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#48 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

Can you please elaborate on this ...?

Balance patch is nerfing leveling on all classes except GX and maybe an handful of classes, so hopefully you aren't going to nerf the XP rates...

Edited by Shiroi17, 09 December 2011 - 06:28 AM.

#49 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

LOL! Skill patch next week. ROFL!

So fail...

It isn't supposed to be there so you guys can get it running. I personally use it to figure out wtf I wanna do and what class I wanna make. I like to PLAN.

So I guess we're just supposed to go onto mains and know what's what and start making classes?

Sakray is buggy as -_-. Don't rush this :) again like you did renewal. The last thing you need is for the player base to hate you guys even more.

Edited by Lambor, 09 December 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#50 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

I agree that the patch should probably wait another week, for a few reasons. One, iRO hasn't exactly had the best luck with the skill patch already. Sakray has been very unstable and a bit rough to work with and the original files were flawed or something preventing us from having the information sooner. Two, as Lambor pointed out, people still need Sakray to test out builds and possibly new classes. It's finals week in the states, so I'd say a good chunk of your player base (from the states) are busy (or at least should be) studying for their exams. I understand that the GM team has been put under a lot of pressure to get this patch rolling, but only testing about a week on an unstable, glitchy server during finals week after a whole 5 months of terrible luck is not the best idea. Perhaps the Sakray instability would have nothing to do with the live servers, but that doesn't override the other two issues of players needing to research potential new characters and college students actually getting to test.
The patch comes with significant changes, and not everyone is going to want to play their current main character. I think it would be unfair to basically make them start over after the patch has started (especially with new experience rates). By waiting an additional week, most people will have their finals completed and many of us will have tested the characters/builds we wanted to test. Plus, it'll give those who want to make new classes a head-start at getting to third job (or at least close to it) before the patch with new experience rates comes in.
I see you have already attempted to make leveling a little easier by changing the battle manual rates. That's good, but I'm sure you're not going to want to extend that for an additional week. If you do decide to have a leveling event, I think the most logical event would be to have the exp table curved for everything under 3rd job. That way people can make their new characters with a little ease.
That's just my suggestion instead of double exp, which would probably bring a lot of criticism.

Overall, you really have nothing to lose by waiting an additional week. Sure, a few players might be a little ticked, but I'd say a larger player base would be a bit angry. Especially if some unexpected error came into play and forced the servers to be shut down for hours. That would bare much more criticism and GM hate than an extra week of testing.

tl;dr: Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Azyrk, 09 December 2011 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users