Warlock - Random questions - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Warlock - Random questions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

Hey guys. Sorry, didn't have time to compare all new formulas with old ones or to play on Sakray, but from what I've managed to compare, it looks like most stuff got, um, nerfed. So, can anyone please tell me, did anything get boosted at all? Either damage wise or cast time+cooldown wise. Thanks.

#2 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Skills got nerfed? I cant call it nerf but rather proper balance. Only area of few skills got nerfed which i think isnt that bad idea. Most of skills deal still the same dmg. Also they extended duration of tetra spheres and recog spell. They removed cooldown from reading book. As for me i dont feel like we really got nerfed.

PS. I checked WI + physical ghost dmg. Immaterial sword is breaking WI. Ghost skills do it normally. I updated first post.

#3 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

Skills got nerfed? I cant call it nerf but rather proper balance. Only area of few skills got nerfed which i think isnt that bad idea. Most of skills deal still the same dmg. Also they extended duration of tetra spheres and recog spell. They removed cooldown from reading book. As for me i dont feel like we really got nerfed.
PS. I checked WI + physical ghost dmg. Immaterial sword is breaking WI. Ghost skills do it normally. I updated first post.

Hmm, if I didn't misunderstand formulas, chain lightning's damage is reduced and frost misty's success rate is much lower (considering it's hard to afford to max this skill)? Unless I misunderstood that, I don't see it as anything else but nerfing. Taking other classes into consideration, this is proper balance between what? I can still see the use of Warlock lvl 150 in WoE, but it certainly doesn't look like things getting better for PvM.

Edited by Kuwano, 13 December 2011 - 07:16 AM.

#4 Gigahertz2011

Gigahertz2011

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

If Gravity had left us alone and nerfed everyone else, I'd call that balance. Instead, people seem to think this is the End of Days for WL.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

If Gravity had left us alone and nerfed everyone else, I'd call that balance. Instead, people seem to think this is the End of Days for WL.

Heck no... there's not much "nerf" lol...

Comet got buffed, Recog Spell got buffed, Comet got buffed, ES got buffed, SW and WI got kinda buffed, dragon balls for TV got buffed... CL damage got nerf, Stasis still way too OP... Jack Frost/Frost Misty obviously got nerf cuz immunity to frozen status is long gone...

So where's the nerf?

#6 Gigahertz2011

Gigahertz2011

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

Heck no... there's not much "nerf" lol...

Comet got buffed, Recog Spell got buffed, Comet got buffed, ES got buffed, SW and WI got kinda buffed, dragon balls for TV got buffed... CL damage got nerf, Stasis still way too OP... Jack Frost/Frost Misty obviously got nerf cuz immunity to frozen status is long gone...

So where's the nerf?

That's fine, but what about freezing status? Changing FM's freezing chance and lowering CL's damage is really going to affect us. Warlocks were already nerfed big time, those 2 changes could cripple us. They didn't even fix how CL works as an AoE skill, did they?

Edited by Gigahertz2011, 13 December 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#7 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

The fact that 100 INT does not give you immunity to freeze is a buff in itself for warlocks.

#8 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Don't forget the fact that stone curse ans Sienna aren't resisted by 100 luk too! Overall WL's got buffed quite a bit. And no more over flow damage from safety wall!

#9 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hmm, for me as I'm mainly PvM player and only lvl 125, Frost Misty/Jack Frost and CL was practically the only satisfying skills I has. Used that most of the time. And while I could try to erase Frost Mity/Jack Frost from my memory, nerfing CL like that is just something I can't comprehend. Not sure what to do with mobs that has resistance to fire or/and earth elements now. TV's cooldown is too high for leveling in more or less mobby places. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain for it's not going to change Koreans sense of balance anyway, but I'm rather trying to understand how to continue playing with this class, since it's the only class I like in this game.

Upon returning to the game after Renewal I was aiming to hunt MvP's, cause it was my favourite thing to do in the game when I was Wizard before Renewal. I've even found MvP builds on iRO wiki and forums, so everything looked promising. Laughed hard at this idea with MVP's after becoming the Warlock and trying the things out. Despite of that, I didn't give up on the class and continued having fun killing regular monsters and farming for stuff that mentioned regular monsters dropping. Now even this becoming as easy as MvP hunting. Or is there still some ways around it?

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, for me as I'm mainly PvM player and only lvl 125, Frost Misty/Jack Frost and CL was practically the only satisfying skills I has. Used that most of the time. And while I could try to erase Frost Mity/Jack Frost from my memory, nerfing CL like that is just something I can't comprehend. Not sure what to do with mobs that has resistance to fire or/and earth elements now. TV's cooldown is too high for leveling in more or less mobby places. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain for it's not going to change Koreans sense of balance anyway, but I'm rather trying to understand how to continue playing with this class, since it's the only class I like in this game.

Upon returning to the game after Renewal I was aiming to hunt MvP's, cause it was my favourite thing to do in the game when I was Wizard before Renewal. I've even found MvP builds on iRO wiki and forums, so everything looked promising. Laughed hard at this idea with MVP's after becoming the Warlock and trying the things out. Despite of that, I didn't give up on the class and continued having fun killing regular monsters and farming for stuff that mentioned regular monsters dropping. Now even this becoming as easy as MvP hunting. Or is there still some ways around it?

Even with CL nerf (it was reduced in 400% actually or 4% from actual formula), still deal more damage than most classes on server (test it today when I was doing around 25k per hit while other classes barely were doing around 15k top per skill).

To PvM, FM/JF was not a requirement... I did my leveling w/o using it because the KS tendency... therefore I believe you can still use other skills as JF/ES or JF/CL or CR as main spells for PvM.

MvP is quite different mainly because the high MDEF from boss monsters... there are ways around it and it might take some time to kill... but that's how the class was working from the beginning... no nerf/buff in that aspect with the balance patch.

#11 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Even with CL nerf (it was reduced in 400% actually or 4% from actual formula), still deal more damage than most classes on server (test it today when I was doing around 25k per hit while other classes barely were doing around 15k top per skill).

To PvM, FM/JF was not a requirement... I did my leveling w/o using it because the KS tendency... therefore I believe you can still use other skills as JF/ES or JF/CL or CR as main spells for PvM.

MvP is quite different mainly because the high MDEF from boss monsters... there are ways around it and it might take some time to kill... but that's how the class was working from the beginning... no nerf/buff in that aspect with the balance patch.

Oh, ok, 400% is not so bad. I thought it became (1000xBaseLevel/100)% and was (1700%xBaseLevel/100)% before. As for Frost Misty, well, practically none of the skills are requirement, still, it was quite popular among most Warlocks and it doesn't feel like there was a big need to nerf it to just upset all these people. But yeah, can live without it. Fixing MVP's MDEF on the other hand sounds like a better idea than this whole skill balance. I believe in the past it wasn't really an issue, because it could take a long time for other classes to kill a MVP as well, and in fact with my Wizard I could kill some of them faster than melee classes, but now this part of the game is more imbalanced than anything else, I find it strange that they're ignoring it.

Edited by Kuwano, 13 December 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#12 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

I guess Warlocks are not meant to be MvP killers or something among those lines?

Hope they will fix MvP's MDEF soon... the reason why Magic "seems" to be weak is mostly because other skills can bypass reductions such as WoE reductions, demi human reductions, elemental reductions, etc... when this get fixed with the following patches, magic will shine even more of what it does now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users