December 13, Skill Balance update patch! - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 13, Skill Balance update patch!

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#251 Inwater

Inwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

No KVM in the boxes? :P Come on!

#252 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Thats 14.1, not the balance patch. 14.1 is next on the list of updates.

Maybe next week?

#253 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Maybe next week?

That was the optimistic plan, last I heard there was a possible Thursday maint. The update isn't that big in all honesty from what I'm told in comparison with the balance patch.

#254 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

the game never patched and when i log in , dc immediately. Suggestions anyone?

Are you just receiving the Disconnected from Server message? Try deleting the patch.txt file and run as an admin to try to force it to patch.

#255 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

I think im quiting again, that happens when i put my faith on the GM's, this balance is pretty much -_-ed up..
Farewell, see you in TF2.

#256 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

I think im quiting again, that happens when i put my faith on the GM's, this balance is pretty much -_-ed up..

I dont understand why you played RO in the past year by that logic.

-iRO GMs and staff had 0 to do with the content of this patch.
-yes kro gravity doesnt know :) about game balance, but we've known that for a long time, which includes the patch we just got.

Edited by Charon, 14 December 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#257 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

I understood your intentions with this latest round of Sakray testing perfectly well, please don't throw those talking points about build testing at me. Anyone can go look at my posts there and see that I did exactly as you asked. I tested each performer skill with up to 7 performers and reported my findings without interjecting any opinions or build suggestions. I reported two issues, yet no acknowledgement was made stating that they were or were not actual bugs. I saw the same thing in many other class specific threads as well.

As for collecting feedback and moving forward, I don't know that I want to wait another year to find out that I still haven't gotten what I wanted. What do I want, a super buffed Maestro class? No I could care less. I want what the community wants, a fair and balanced game that's fun to play. Monster that are challenging and don't die in one hit, a PvP scene that isn't a one shot joke, and a WoE scene that's not over saturated with god items. Put it to kRO this way: if they can't picture a 3rd class based USRC, then the game is out of whack. Trans classes already had some restrictions to make USRC fair, just imagine how many restrictions you'd have to place on thirds to do the same. Perhaps that's something you should do along with these event woes, host a USRC style tournament, with third classes. No restrictions, and just see how terrible it is. If I'm wrong, and it turns out to be fair and balanced, then I'll gladly concede that kRO devs are masters of their craft and understand what it takes to make a balanced game.

I know it's not your fault, don't mistake my disappointment in kRO for disappointment in you or iRO staff members. It's just...frustrating.

You summed up everything in one post. This is the best way to put it, like 500%

#258 ShobaiK

ShobaiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'm sorry Heim, but are you :) retarded?
We JUST DID Bio3 on Nov. 1st!! MAKE IT BIO2

I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that bio 3s monsters all just about got their exp doubled making it more worth it than trouble.

#259 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

BUFF RANGER'S HP AND DAMAGE!!! WE DON'T FRIGGIN HAVE SHIELDS LIKE THE OTHERS DMMT!!

#260 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that bio 3s monsters all just about got their exp doubled making it more worth it than trouble.

I shouldn't even need to mention the difficulty of that map, you have a week for doing it's turn in quest, and a good half of the people that take it don't even get halfway done. Not to mention how selective the parties are, if you play characters like a GX, Ranger, or Warlock you're screwed, nobody's going to take you. And frankly I just don't have the zeny or patience to bribe my way into a 9+ hour party.

Now that this week was Bio3, I doubt the next 135+ that comes around will be Bio2 on the grounds that when asked, they'll likely respond with "we just did a Biolabs turn in". Face it, this week was a professional display of trolling at it's finest.

Edited by Akami, 14 December 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#261 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

BUFF RANGER'S HP AND DAMAGE!!! WE DON'T FRIGGIN HAVE SHIELDS LIKE THE OTHERS DMMT!!

I dont think 2k HP will make up for no shield. The proper way would be to give them skills with effects that compensate.
Random idea, a buff skill that reduces incoming demi human damage by 20% and call it something related to how rangers outpredict what weak spots others will target and are therefore more careful about not getting hurt as badly as others in the middle of fights for example (or heck make camouflage do that, dont think many would complain)

#262 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Ranged attack doesn't come free. Its paid with less HP modifier.
what? you play melee trap? oh you can equip shield then.
problem solved.

#263 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Giving rangers a buff of dmg is like only 50% done. Hp or skills that can endure more dmg is much needed. We die in one hits too often. We're not a vit class but yet have to add a decent amount of vit and it takes away valuable points for other areas.

#264 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Be in my party, I'll use Dancing with Wargs :)

#265 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I dont understand why you played RO in the past year by that logic.

-iRO GMs and staff had 0 to do with the content of this patch.
-yes kro gravity doesnt know :) about game balance, but we've known that for a long time, which includes the patch we just got.

So this is going to get fixed somehow soon? GX's, instant SD?
Edit, gens are good now...

You guys need to balance GX's so bad, seriously what was thinking kRO with this crap =/

Edited by FiskBlack, 14 December 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#266 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Ranged attack doesn't come free. Its paid with less HP modifier.
what? you play melee trap? oh you can equip shield then.
problem solved.

The idea sounds good in theory, and it even worked for quite some time,
But have you noticed that theres a -_-load of anti range stuff and how they put in more and more of it, like its their favorite bonus effect for everything? Equips, cards, and of course theres skills that block ranged attacks altogether.
Or how most melee classes have decent ranged skills by now, some even better than what rangers have got? While wearing a shield and their big HP?

The whole concept flew through the window just as that of glass cannons for wizards did, since the rest of the classes all spam OP aoe stuff, without those penalties, while sometimes also having some of the best debuffs, movement skills, buffs, or all that at the same time.

:)

Edited by Charon, 14 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#267 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

*sees bunch of Hugel medals as rewards in the latest batch of [random name] box*

What happened to KVM medals? I haven't seen them being offered in last couple of boxes now.

#268 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

are you dumb? what balance are you talking about? they havent balanced every class yet. its a continous balance for the next year its not a 1 time balance patch. you guys seriously needs to read stuff regarding balance patch before you post some stupid things that makes you look more stupid. the only thing -_-ed up is you people who QQ's about everything without knowing the facts first. lrn2play.

#269 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

The snow is pretty but very laggy.

How about like a /snow command to turn it off without turning all the effects off?

#270 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

i never had fps lag unless theres an RG with elemental sword reflect leveling. time to buy a new pc / video card.

#271 TrixiePixie

TrixiePixie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Can I pay for a transfer to a server that's independant from kRO? The number of people online at peak hours dropped by around 30% once this patch hit for a very specific reason.... most of these changes are horrible. If you can't provide such a transfer I'd gladly have my remaining 4 months of VIP refunded and failing that, please allow us to convert a character from one class to another so we can all stop crying about not having a Sura and rather than waste hundreds of hours making one, we could just turn our main into one

#272 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

are you dumb? what balance are you talking about? they havent balanced every class yet. its a continous balance for the next year its not a 1 time balance patch. you guys seriously needs to read stuff regarding balance patch before you post some stupid things that makes you look more stupid. the only thing -_-ed up is you people who QQ's about everything without knowing the facts first. lrn2play.

Unnecessary.

#273 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

it is a yes or no, not a line item veto power.

It takes months to get changes applied properly through the kRO then out to the world patches,

This is the problem right here. kRO thinks they can make one-size-fits all patches for every official RO licensee around the world.

It's high time that each RO started getting a little more say in its own development. I realize that, for the sake of making sure that the game doesn't become too bastardized in comparison to the orginal, that kRO must maintain some say over non-kRO versions of RO. But they really need to loosen the leash a bit more.

135+ Somatology Lab 3 (biolabs 3)

Ahahahaha. People don't get their Bio2 yet again.

I know that Bio3 will make some people happy at least. But still, it's kind of a troll for everyone else. Good one. I approve. :)

#274 Dhyan

Dhyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

Heimdallr if u havent Noticed most people r not Doing the Bio`s 3 Quest or they just Rage Quit the bio`s 3 Turn in as becoz of skill balance there is no skill u can know of that can help killing the Quick which helps in Party`s getting Wiped instead of getting exp we r Losing the exp we had before and if u really anna see go see i m sure no one have Turned in yet for that Quest becoz its taking like 20~30 Monsters an hour so 400 i guess will take 15~20 Hour of game play if u Really wanna know then do a Voting on Forums about it and u will come to know how bad this turn in event is.

#275 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Please tone it down, you can make your point without calling someone dumb or any other antagonizing language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users