Can't download the game client - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't download the game client

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gaelicat

Gaelicat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hi!

I hope this is the right place to put this post. I can't download Ragnarok client installation file. Every time I try to download it, I get an error. If I try to download it with Opera, it downloads fine but gives error message after the file has been loaded to my computer. If I use Internet Explorer to download it, I get an error message after it has loaded a little bit over half of the file.

I downloaded an older installation file from the internet and installed it. When I was patching I got an error message that said "Failed to get 2011-3-31data_gm.gpf file." I tried if I can play the game and I was able to create a chracter but when I finished creating it and clicked OK, the game window dissapeared. I started the game again and I was able to get in game with my character but then I was right away disconnected from the server. This happens every time now.

What can I do? I'd like to play this game. I'm using Windows XP.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

Try downloading it from the irowiki mirror - it's usually better than the official download. ( irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches )

The official download server is pretty crap, and ALWAYS has been (it's actually 100x better than it was when I started, which says more about how bad it was then than anything else).

#3 Gaelicat

Gaelicat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the link DrAzzy. I downloaded the client there and everything worked fine. Now I can finally play. Thank you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users