• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Salamander

Salamander

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

I am just getting ready to get started on the game, I think I am going to go with wizard because I like to make money and do PvP. But I am not sure how to go about skills for one or even stats for that matter. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

www.iro.wiki.org

It's your friend - check through the pages.
As for Wizards being money-makers, I'm not sure ..

C-A

#3 rain1111

rain1111

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

I am just getting ready to get started on the game, I think I am going to go with wizard because I like to make money and do PvP. But I am not sure how to go about skills for one or even stats for that matter. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Every one have diff build but for pvp i recon 99int 99 dex rest to vit = basic build for wiz but customize your build!
for example 80int 99dex rest to vit what ever u like

Skill = fire wiz,thunder wiz, stone wiz, ice wiz, safety wall wiz?

Edited by rain1111, 06 September 2010 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

Don't customize a wizard build or it will suck.

99 Intelligence / 99 Dexterity / anything else into vitality

I realize at the beginning you have to choose from agi/luk with the hexagon, pick whatever, neither of them matter.

Starting stats should be 9 intelligence, 9 dexterity, 9 agi or luk

Raise only your intelligence until it is around 85 or so.

Raise your dexterity until it is 99.

Finish with your intelligence.

This is the core skill build, there are leftover skill points which definitely have places to go, but in my opinion, everyone on there is currently what is considered necessary:
http://web.hc.keio.a...xnndodqabmxaXak

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

www.iro.wiki.org

It's your friend - check through the pages.
As for Wizards being money-makers, I'm not sure ..

C-A

I agree irowiki is the best friend you will ever have in this game.

While Wizard in and of themselves being money makes I agree it's not that great.
However Mage can make some money pretty early on by collecting things like:

Stems - great item for making $$$ quickly and early
Cactus Needles - Killing Muka gets u these and is great for lvling.

Mantis Scythes & Cobwebs - FWall needed to get these really

Starting Tip. Max FBolt ASAP. Nothing else needed to lvl early on really. Even if your ultimate build says not to get FBolt lvl 10 it's fine. Simply reset the skills before you hit lvl 40 with the Hypnotist in Prontera.

#6 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Starting Tip. Max FBolt ASAP. Nothing else needed to lvl early on really. Even if your ultimate build says not to get FBolt lvl 10 it's fine. Simply reset the skills before you hit lvl 40 with the Hypnotist in Prontera.

Agreed.
Once you become a mage, talk to the woman outside of the mage change house - she's even labelled New Mage Manager or so.
Just listen to her, collect 10 chrysalis, then do the Trace Of Battle Quest (you need 2 Green Potions, 1 Green Herb and 1 Red Gemstone - get 2 Blue Gemstones and exchange for 1 Red in Payon - to finish this quest. It's really annoying to be stuck in Morroc and you can't get GH there - trust me, that quest took way too long for me) the quest is manageable, but long and rather dangerous, so have Fly Wings.

Actually, go google Trace Of Battle Quest for mages and you get a screenshot walkthrough on how to do it.
By the end of all the quests you get 5.000 Zeny, a Silver Robe (which you don't need to buy yourself then) and a Wand [2]. You should also be level 15/12 or so ..

On increasing your skills, I do think Fire Bolt is important, but if you want to use Fire Wall I suggest - Lvl 4 Fire Bolt, 1 Sight, 5 Fireball and then you have Fire Wall.

C-A

#7 Zeratul

Zeratul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

Don't customize a wizard build or it will suck.

99 Intelligence / 99 Dexterity / anything else into vitality

I realize at the beginning you have to choose from agi/luk with the hexagon, pick whatever, neither of them matter.

Starting stats should be 9 intelligence, 9 dexterity, 9 agi or luk

Raise only your intelligence until it is around 85 or so.

Raise your dexterity until it is 99.

Finish with your intelligence.

This is the core skill build, there are leftover skill points which definitely have places to go, but in my opinion, everyone on there is currently what is considered necessary:
http://web.hc.keio.a...xnndodqabmxaXak

Very good info here. I usually get (at least) 105 total INT before getting DEX, but that's just personal preference.

#8 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

I went like 75 Int, then dex to 40, int to 85, dex to 50, int 90 dex 65, int 99, dex 99.

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Agreed.
Once you become a mage, talk to the woman outside of the mage change house - she's even labelled New Mage Manager or so.
Just listen to her, collect 10 chrysalis, then do the Trace Of Battle Quest (you need 2 Green Potions, 1 Green Herb and 1 Red Gemstone - get 2 Blue Gemstones and exchange for 1 Red in Payon - to finish this quest. It's really annoying to be stuck in Morroc and you can't get GH there - trust me, that quest took way too long for me) the quest is manageable, but long and rather dangerous, so have Fly Wings.

Actually, go google Trace Of Battle Quest for mages and you get a screenshot walkthrough on how to do it.
By the end of all the quests you get 5.000 Zeny, a Silver Robe (which you don't need to buy yourself then) and a Wand [2]. You should also be level 15/12 or so ..

On increasing your skills, I do think Fire Bolt is important, but if you want to use Fire Wall I suggest - Lvl 4 Fire Bolt, 1 Sight, 5 Fireball and then you have Fire Wall.

C-A

Actually I googled the Trace quest before and I found this guide to be really good. Should help you out.

The only thing about FWall is you really don't or shouldn't need it too early. Before lvl 40 say. I mean Porcello's are a good monster to lvl on ounce you get 63 total Int with any rod type weapon that gives +15% MAtk with Lvl 10 Fire Bolt.

Did some quick calculations, you could ideally have 63 int the following way by lvl 30. Base of 47 (Dex/Luk at 9 rest 1) plus Job lvl 22 +3int bonus and a Arc Wand that gives +3 and last a Lvl 10 Bless. Of course we all know that you could get this even sooner if you had lots of $$$ but this doesn't really require anything.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 06 September 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

And, just a note, what I posted is not the best wizard build, it's just the one that I consider to be best for a new player to the game.

#11 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

Actually I googled the Trace quest before and I found this guide to be really good. Should help you out.

That's the guide I used myself (my only problem back then was because I didn't have a Green Herb - and either my mage or my thief, who delivery-dropped the herb to my mage, both kept getting killed) and it really IS very helpful.
But the whole Payon-Gemstone thing is really bad - if you have a chara who is already in Payon with gemstones, yes, that's easy. But if it's your only char, you need to buy the gemstones, go to payon (from morroc or geffen, depends) go back to Morroc and do everything ..

C-A

#12 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

That's the guide I used myself (my only problem back then was because I didn't have a Green Herb - and either my mage or my thief, who delivery-dropped the herb to my mage, both kept getting killed) and it really IS very helpful.
But the whole Payon-Gemstone thing is really bad - if you have a chara who is already in Payon with gemstones, yes, that's easy. But if it's your only char, you need to buy the gemstones, go to payon (from morroc or geffen, depends) go back to Morroc and do everything ..

C-A

Another little way around this that I think is overlooked is this. Make another Character on the same account, go through training grounds talking to the NPC's. This will get the character to 8/7 without fighting or dying. Then go through the test and select or choose the options to become an Archer. Then this character will start in Payon.

This way this character can take those Blue Gems out of the Kafra storage and get them turned into a Red Gem. Then he/she can put it back in storage and Mage can take it out.

I mention this because a lot of newer players do not realize that the Kafra storages for the characters on the same account are linked together. Meaning you can put things into storage then have your Merchant take them out to Vend. Or have your merchant buy things like potions/wings/equip and put them in to be taken out by other chars.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 07 September 2010 - 04:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users