There's no reason for this, - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

There's no reason for this,

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

http://www.playdrago...ail.aspx?id=219

Why..
You sold skill points, you sold AP and WP, now you're selling levels?

#2 Cris

Cris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBehind you ;D
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

I'm with Storm on this. This is getting ridiculous.

#3 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

I want to win so I can pick a level 1 character.

#4 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Did you honestly think F7 was nerfed in order to make the game more "balanced?" ~.~

#5 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

I'll accept levels so I can be a lazy fart.

kinda

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Here's my theory... really thinking not to post this for some reason:

WarpPortal is providing more opportunities for see more powerful capped players. Reason? Well here's my thoughts:

Making sure alot of people are capped and good end game wise leads me (and some friends) to believe a cap raise and other things will come with an up-coming patch. These things may required stacked end-game people.

So, once the cap is raised, alot of level 80's will now be there. Reason? Obviously some "Race to next cap" event will come up. Several level 80's and their mothers will now race to the new cap. Now they need the F7 leveling IM things to get there first.

So.... several people getting 1-10k IM for an instant cap (or a chance) and promotions to hit 80 from the 1-80 leveling contest obviously means they have the next cap raise coming. Meaning a race to the cap raise event requiring IM for the F7 potions and such.

Now don't take any offense. Just feel like they're attempting something big since its the Holidays and people do alot of online purchases in the Holidays.

#7 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

#8 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Here's my theory... really thinking not to post this for some reason:

WarpPortal is providing more opportunities for see more powerful capped players. Reason? Well here's my thoughts:

Making sure alot of people are capped and good end game wise leads me (and some friends) to believe a cap raise and other things will come with an up-coming patch. These things may required stacked end-game people.

So, once the cap is raised, alot of level 80's will now be there. Reason? Obviously some "Race to next cap" event will come up. Several level 80's and their mothers will now race to the new cap. Now they need the F7 leveling IM things to get there first.

So.... several people getting 1-10k IM for an instant cap (or a chance) and promotions to hit 80 from the 1-80 leveling contest obviously means they have the next cap raise coming. Meaning a race to the cap raise event requiring IM for the F7 potions and such.

Now don't take any offense. Just feel like they're attempting something big since its the Holidays and people do alot of online purchases in the Holidays.

No, they're raffling off 40 levels for all accounts that reach 40 and spend 10,000 points. It's just worded differently.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

No, they're raffling off 40 levels for all accounts that reach 40 and spend 10,000 points. It's just worded differently.

Ahh I see. But still trying to cap off several players. If they did a cap raise then a level up event. It would equal more IM bought.

#10 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

pay to win argument stronger than ever

not that I have a reason to take part in this event since I stick to one character who is already level 80

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

pay to win argument stronger than ever

not that I have a reason to take part in this event since I stick to one character who is already level 80

Ehh it promotes those with two-mains. For instance my pally is my secondary main for pvp/bsq once it's a dragoon. So a free level up will help me.

#12 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

I'd like to respond by answering a question in the survey from Hasteur's wishlist with a little rant.

4. Do you buy points?
If Yes, what is your preferred method of payment?
If No, why not and what can we do to get you to make a payment?

No.

I do not buy points because the "benefit" received from spending a lot of money on the game is so high that it eliminates most (now almost all) of the "challenge", effort, and experience of actually playing this easy game normally. Buying IM is a shortcut to winning. The problem with IM - Let us think of IM as "cash based cheat codes - is that once you've inserted GameShark (bought IM), activated your codes (Turned into Barney with uber defense and attack stats, fast forwarded through leveling, whatever benefits you want), and skipped straight to the final boss and beaten it (killed the last pve boss, been victorious in"high level pvp" thanks to your amazing gear, whatever).... you aren't really left with much of a game anymore....In fact, there is very little to do. You pvp with the same people. You kill the same endgame boss over and over. You get bored, so now you wait for the next update.... When the update comes, you buy more points (insert GameShark) and get all the best stuff quickly and rob yourself of the actual gaming experience of playing all over again. IM should enrich your gameplay experience with a few extra perks and let you have more fun. Currently I'd rather pay someone money to bash my head against their easy button then spend money on this. Spending lots of money to make things super easy is a waste.

Why you want to sell us magic mario whistle to warp to world 9, gravity and Barunson. SO WE CAN NOT ONLY CHEAT, BUT CHEAT OURSELVES!? Unreasonable? If everything is completely pay2win, smart players eventually catch on, becoming aware of the aforementioned cycle. Players stop playing. Money stops coming. You trick more players into paying for instant virtual reward? LOL. I wonder how long that is going to last? Pay4Aboost is fine, but the level of the boost needs to be kept in check! The fleeting and instant gratification that comes from (removed due to inappropriate content) buying a temporary victory, in a casual game, isn't worth being deprived of the real experience of a meaningful and long lasting relationship actually playing that game. You are encouraging players to take massive shortcuts and forfeit the feeling of accomplishment that comes from achieving game goals through actual commitment and character and skill development.

The benefits of buying IM should never be so great and so numerous that the cash player is not even in the same league as the normal player. I can't even naked pvp other ninja's in my guild without things being unfair because of lvl 10 skills and . =( The current level of benefit from IM destroys the game and makes free players accomplishments feel insignificant. "If I had only spent 100 dollars, I could have done this instantly, instead of over a few months!" "If I had known about this event, I could have snapped my fingers and achieved victory, instead of 'wasting my time'."

In Dragon Saga, there is now a cash item for everything (randomizers, fatigue potions, pet randomizers, reducers, card insurance, etc, etc, etc, etc). There are cash item for everything that Barunson can think of. We don't need so much (except for maybe fashion wise). Things were sooo.... much better long ago on THQ when there was a much smaller amount of cash items that had an impact on balance, gear could not be enchanted as high, and we had larger inventories. I felt like we were being given a fun game that we could pay to support, instead of....well THIS. I spent money back then because I thought things were more fair, balanced, and fun. The benefits of cash items were much less and becoming powerful involved more actual game play (farming valuable weapon dusts) and less insurance (max level 15 with better rates).. We never had cash equips with significant stat boosts before or a bigwheel that made us gamble and waist money to get what we want. The cash sets were more just for fun, with a slight boost, which is what the entire cash shop should be like. Insurance has always been a problem, but I never dreamed this game would reach this level of pay2win.

So how can you get me to buy IM? Simple. Dumb things down. Make the game more fun, friendly, and fair for everyone. Make IM something that adds to the fun of the game instead of something that is required to win, unless you want to spend 238972983791 hours farming just to keep up with the crazy cash spender. Offer less massive benefits that destroy game balance and more fun and creative items in the cash shop that add to the cash users "game experience", instead of their characters experience, level, and stat values. Make this an actual game again! D:<

-bashes head against easy button-

#13 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

Beautifully said.

#14 KingofAces13

KingofAces13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

>nerfed f7 because too many people were lvling too fast and didnt understand their class and missed out on gameplay
solution?
>offer instant lvl 80 for lvl 40 players if they pay im
TROLOLOL TRA TROLOLOL (shut up im caroling)

#15 inbetween

inbetween

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

I buy IM, but in seeing this i dont think i will ever again.

The game seems to be moving towards a "if you dont pay, youll find it near impossible to compete" model, though it already appears that way long before this.
The biggest problem with this is that it'll discourage new players from playing.

#16 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

I understand WP needs to make money to keep the game going, but this is a little extreme Posted Image

#17 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. This is something a desperate private server would do.

#18 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

jesus warpportal, why dont u take a play from the thq*ice play book and just stop doing stuff

#19 K1ll

K1ll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

LOL, because they know the game is on it's way of dying, that's why they try to grab as much cash as possible before the game goes RIP. That's very smart idea of the WP team. We should prepare to find another game to play instead of complaining, they just don't give a damn!!!

#20 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

LOL, because they know the game is on it's way of dying, that's why they try to grab as much cash as possible before the game goes RIP. That's very smart idea of the WP team. We should prepare to find another game to play instead of complaining, they just don't give a damn!!!

Well... instead of quitting cold-turkey, we should probably discuss it with them. And probably wonder if another transfer may happen and which company would be right to take us.

#21 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

You guys jump to conclusions rather quickly.

#22 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

You guys jump to conclusions rather quickly.

Ahh my bad.

Well how bout we wait a few months then. Keep some eye on the activity of events.

#23 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

StormHaven has started a discussion on this subject with Nolanvoid and Hastur.

Edited by Kazu731, 16 December 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#24 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

StormHaven has started a discussion on this subject with Nolanvoid and Hastur.

The least he could do for us is shed some more light. I mean there's gotta be a reason behind all these point spending promotions.

#25 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

The least he could do for us is shed some more light. I mean there's gotta be a reason behind all these point spending promotions.

Unfortunately I do not think of it as a "scheme," and I don't think talking about it as if it's the effects of some sort of design will get it solved. I think there simply needs to be a certain level of boundary within balance. There's nothing wrong with rewards, but there are certain areas of reward that should be off-limits, maybe.

Edited by Kazu731, 16 December 2011 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users