SP Regen After GFist - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

SP Regen After GFist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#1 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hello Everyone,

I know this thread may get some negative replies But I hope people can keep things nice.

I was wondering, Is the new SP regen delay of 10 seconds after Gfist the same on iRO and kRO?

If so how do we go about trying to rework this?

To me the SP delay is extreme. I could understand a skill delay, but pure SP regen delay is crazy. After a fist I can not even regen sp to get away from a monster with snap, instead I am a sitting duck.

If this delay was ment as a WoE balance, can we have it only affect WoE maps?

I am really lost on this one, If you guys have ideas please help.

Also, those that will Just reply Sura is OP etc etc etc, please don't. GFist was a trans skill, and has been around along time, so has snap.

I would suggest make it a Skill delay on Gfist if that is the target.

#2 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

its the ultimate and strongest 1 shot skill in game, you werent supposed to spam it in woe, but this change was more focused on MVP purposes

#3 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Well for me delay is ok, the problem is, yes u cant regen sp after a gfist ,but when using sp pots ur pots counts as a use w/o having the sp due to the delay, why? Why not say item cannot use, I wasted so many light blue pots :glomp:

#4 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

its the ultimate and strongest 1 shot skill in game, you werent supposed to spam it in woe, but this change was more focused on MVP purposes

Again I dont want to spam it. That is why my suggestion is a delay on the skill, not the SP regen.

As it is now I use the skill and become a sitting duck...

#5 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Well for me delay is ok, the problem is, yes u cant regen sp after a gfist ,but when using sp pots ur pots counts as a use w/o having the sp due to the delay, why? Why not say item cannot use, I wasted so many light blue pots :glomp:

Yes this is another major issue with the current setup.

#6 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

yah unable to gain sp is stupid, it should be delay on gfist not a 10 sec delay on everything.

#7 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

should be an after-cast delay, yup. I understand the need to nerf gfist but this is too much. especially if all the % sp item recovery gets delayed too.

Edited by Aeroku, 16 December 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#8 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

should be an after-cast delay, yup. I understand the need to nerf gfist but this is too much. especially if all the % sp item recovery gets delayed too.

This^^^

#9 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

It is supposed to be an extreme skill which consumes all your energy to deal massive damage, no other skill can deal this kind of damage in one hit. So 10 seconds to recover from such an extreme skill isn't that bad imo.

#10 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

It is supposed to be an extreme skill which consumes all your energy to deal massive damage, no other skill can deal this kind of damage in one hit. So 10 seconds to recover from such an extreme skill isn't that bad imo.

I agree 10 seconds is not bad, if it is targeted at the Skill its self. But for total SP regeneration its very bad.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

The delay should include zen etc then too, otherwise you could use those 10 seconds to prepare another fist.

#12 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

I agree 10 seconds is not bad, if it is targeted at the Skill its self. But for total SP regeneration its very bad.

So you want to recover your sp to spam GoH during GFist's delay? no thanks...

#13 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

The delay should include zen etc then too, otherwise you could use those 10 seconds to prepare another fist.

Maybe include fury, But atleast allow Zen so that a Sura can then Have Spheres to snap away?

#14 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

So you want to recover your sp to spam GoH during GFist's delay? no thanks...

Like I said if the problem is With WoE, restrict it to WoE realms. But don't punish us in Mvp and PvM play.

#15 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

YggBerry desc - Fruit from the Yggdrasil tree which brings life to our world. Its fantastic taste is full of life.
Fully restores HP and SP.

some garbage fruit from the tree of life when it can't even recover the sp after a gfist Posted Image

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Maybe include fury, But atleast allow Zen so that a Sura can then Have Spheres to snap away?

Hellllllll no! if you just fisted my friend I want a chance to drop your ass.

you can use speed pots like the rest of us imo.

#17 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

you have to consider other changes as well. SW is changed and have its overflow damage fixed, so it will fully block gfist. other than that, it's just a single target, close aimed skill (2 cells). you can hide it, and people with DR/GR can block a lot of it (because im not just talking about megged sura as not everyone has god items)

and then you look at what a GX can do. they have literally better "GoH" than sura (yes really) and a very strong ctrl click attack that are unreduced in woe environment.

we're not asking much, not asking to remove the delay altogether. but at least tone it down to after-cast delay instead of sp recovery instead. imagine if you have a skill on a class that can be hided, blocked by SW, close range, single target, doesn't kill 100%, and then gets you a *10 sec global cooldown*. its pretty extreme.

#18 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hellllllll no! if you just fisted my friend I want a chance to drop your ass.

you can use speed pots like the rest of us imo.

Your chance is there, It is ten times amplified if I am stuck due to no SP regen.

Seriously, the delay should be on the skill not the SP. No other class gets this kind of restriction.

Also does anyone have an answer to my question? Is it like this on kRO or is iRO the only ones making this SP regen delay?

#19 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

you have to consider other changes as well. SW is changed and have its overflow damage fixed, so it will fully block gfist. other than that, it's just a single target, close aimed skill (2 cells). you can hide it, and people with DR/GR can block a lot of it (because im not just talking about megged sura as not everyone has god items)

and then you look at what a GX can do. they have literally better "GoH" than sura (yes really) and a very strong ctrl click attack that are unreduced in woe environment.

we're not asking much, not asking to remove the delay altogether. but at least tone it down to after-cast delay instead of sp recovery instead. imagine if you have a skill on a class that can be hided, blocked by SW, close range, single target, doesn't kill 100%, and then gets you a *10 sec global cooldown*. its pretty extreme.

This exactly is What I am talking about.^^^

#20 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

This kind of bull-_- thread is the reason nothing ever gets accomplished in iRO. For a long time there were a ton of threads about how Suras were just too powerful, and now that the most powerful skill in the game comes with a powerful nerf, people are still complaining.

This is the reason why the game is in such bad shape. You whine and whine and whine for changes, and when they change you whine some more. The most powerful skill comes with a powerful side effect, it is completely fair.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

How about Gfist taking all SP and returning like 50 SP, but the SP recovery delay staying? Then you can zen and run away, but you can't do anything else.

#22 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

Like I said if the problem is With WoE, restrict it to WoE realms. But don't punish us in Mvp and PvM play.

It's not just WoE, suras already dominate the MvP scence and now you just want this to be changed so you can still deal damage while you wait for the next Gfist execution.

#23 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

How about Gfist taking all SP and returning like 50 SP, but the SP recovery delay staying? Then you can zen and run away, but you can't do anything else.

That would be awesome.

#24 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Omg, suras have no right to complain.

#25 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

This kind of bull-_- thread is the reason nothing ever gets accomplished in iRO. For a long time there were a ton of threads about how Suras were just too powerful, and now that the most powerful skill in the game comes with a powerful nerf, people are still complaining.

This is the reason why the game is in such bad shape. You whine and whine and whine for changes, and when they change you whine some more. The most powerful skill comes with a powerful side effect, it is completely fair.

I always stood up for Sura's I main one, and tried to get people to understand counters, rather than ask for nerfs.

Now a balance comes that restores certain counters, but massivley restricts the Suras main killing skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users