Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Greetings, everyone!

I have the privilege of informing you all of a new system that will be implemented on our server regarding the Emporia Wars tournaments.

Through discussion with the developers, a new "points exchange" system already is being developed for use in conjunction with EW.

Initially, this system will reward guilds with a certain number of points for every guild member who participates in EW (and later, the system will likely change to give even more points for winning matches).

Once a guild has obtained enough points, they may be exchanged by the Guild Leader for special prizes and then distributed to guild members -- and that's where you all come in!

The GMs are interested in getting feedback from the community on what you guys and gals would like to see on the exchange list. So far, suggestions have included things like:

• Enchantment Insurance Scrolls
  • Rune Stones
  • Randomizers
  • Guild EXP

...and more!

So here is our question for you: What other items or benefits would you like to be able to exchange points for? Leave a comment below with your suggestions, and they will be considered as the GMs and the developers work to implement this system (which may be arriving sooner than you think... you never know).

Thanks in advance for your participation in this discussion!

#2 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

cp

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

cp

THIS and maybe 1-2 signs of hero per week.

Also with the arrival of professions, maybe an Emporia professions expert w/ higher rates and/or exp.

#4 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

I'd suggest insurances so there's more ways for non cash players to catch up with super cash players.

#5 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Really a good idea.

About the prize, dont forget the reinforced insurance scroll. And maybe card insurance too.

#6 zzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Maybe some w-coins?

#7 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

Really a good idea.

About the prize, dont forget the reinforced insurance scroll. And maybe card insurance too.

+1!! EW castle is to make it easier to +16 to +20~~ need reinforced insurance scrolls!

#8 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Just wondering.... How will the guild leader distribute the reward.... Will the reward somehow become tradeable, or?

And what about the mercenary who is also fighting for the winning guild. Imo, they should not receive the rewards, but something else (gold?). So, i think if we combine this system with "able to choose mercenary and have to pay them", it will be very good.

#9 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'd give mercenaries a reward.

It's usually more fun in group pvp to have lots of people.

Perhaps give a small reward for mercenaries system vs a larger reward for actual guild members like
5-10 insurances for mercenarying and 10-20 for actual guild. Gold really isn't really that great an incentive to emporia compared to IM items.

Random numbers.

Edited by Himeyasha, 17 December 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#10 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

To paraphrase a certain Prinz, won't the same guilds who have access to those items anyway win over and over in the first place?

I think CP, Guild Exp, and maybe a bit of gold would be enough rewards.

#11 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Before implementing the new things, please fix the bug in current EW =.=.

Today EW still has old bugs:
  • Core is not attackable.
  • Can attack our own core

And new bug (i just countered this bug in todays EW, maybe someone else has countered it before):
Suddenly the score become 100, and got the chance to attack the core less in 1 minutes =.=.

While this new system seems really good (i really like it), but with glitch everywhere in EW, and potentially more glitches with new system.... EW may become not enjoyable =.=

#12 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

And new bug (i just countered this bug in todays EW, maybe someone else has countered it before):
Suddenly the score become 100, and got the chance to attack the core less in 1 minutes =.=.

While this new system seems really good (i really like it), but with glitch everywhere in EW, and potentially more glitches with new system.... EW may become not enjoyable =.=

Without going into too much detail (as certain things cannot be revealed yet), there will likely be considerable changes coming for the current EW system -- not just the addition of the points system, but adjustments to other elements, as well -- and I think that those changes may very well help address some of the bug/glitch issues, too.

#13 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

What's really weird is that this glitch continues to happen in the same right-most bracket. But I'm not sure if that's just coincidence or not.

#14 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Just as Rimmy had mentioned in his opening post, that for now, we would reward participation. Until we can get the developers to fix the Emporia War issues as well as possible adding a few of our changes, we cannot reward more than that or it would be unfair for everyone.

#15 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Bumping to see if there are any other rewards that guilds would like to potentially see.

#16 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Souls and enchant dusts.

#17 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Souls and enchant dusts.

Weapon dusts, particularly, though both are good.

#18 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Weapon dusts, particularly, though both are good.

Yes, preferably in the three figure range, too.

#19 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

IM points, not alot, but like 100-200 so that u could get w/e u wanted

#20 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Spoiler

I would much rather prizes be something like substantial amounts of AP, WP, soul stacks, guild exp, or maybe even cosmetic items like halloween hair gasha.

#21 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Spoiler

I would much rather prizes be something like substantial amounts of AP, WP, soul stacks, guild exp, or maybe even cosmetic items like halloween hair gasha.

I agree that these rewards would be nice, but it jumps right back to the point that these items aren't the source of the "souped-up" car's geardness.. To that effect, rewards that would put you on par with that car are far more appealing than items that can simply be farmed. In other words, if you never buy IM and you get eighteen stacks of WP, you can't upgrade your weapon any further regardless, while the other guy still has a +20 weapon and has less use for Insurances than you do, especially because they can't be sold.

Edited by Kazu731, 12 February 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#22 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I agree that these rewards would be nice, but it jumps right back to the point that these items aren't the source of the "souped-up" car's geardness.. To that effect, rewards that would put you on par with that car are far more appealing than items that can simply be farmed. In other words, if you never buy IM and you get eighteen stacks of WP, you can't upgrade your weapon any further regardless, while the other guy still has a +20 weapon and has less use for Insurances than you do, especially because they can't be sold.

Maybe I could just sell the WP/AP/souls and buy a +20 legend gear set! Sound logic, don't you think?

#23 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Miname, 12 February 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#24 KingofAces13

KingofAces13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

So the people who dont like to pvp dont get rewards? Why not make a pve system reward too instead of just throwing more pvp crap our way.

Edited by KingofAces13, 20 February 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#25 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

So the people who dont like to pvp dont get rewards? Why not make a pve system reward too instead of just throwing more pvp crap our way.

they got a pve reward yo, its those boxes u get to choose after farell/lava/ryvius/paris etc
npnp

Edited by wyverlord, 20 February 2012 - 03:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users