Let me word this as simply as I can. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Let me word this as simply as I can.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

The ultimate con to excessive Kafra Interference.

Newer players can be on the same level with long time players of Ragnarok, ones who have played for years, in a matter of a few months by purchasing these items.
They can buy god items/MVP cards in a short time if they know how to play the market.
They can have hundreds of millions in under a week if they purchase enough KP,
and then they use the hundreds of millions to purchase kafra bought items with zeny (almost monopolizing the market eventually)
and then save them to sell and make billions upgrading high-end gears to +12 to sell.

Then they reach the point where they have so much zeny that they are bored.
They have their first 150 in no time with the help of manuals and turn-ins.
Then they grow tired of WoE, the last end-game content appealing to them.
Then they quit.

How does this make the long time players of Ragnarok feel?
All their hard work amounting to a few months of playing.

Edited by Okii, 18 December 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#2 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Sounds good 2 me. :)

#3 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

Doesnt really matter how long u play. I mean yeah to an extent its everything but seriously all u need is a lil bit of luck and some good skills with money and in 3 months time u could have 150 and enough money to buy most God items

#4 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

Newer players can be on the same level with long time players of Ragnarok, ones who have played for years, in a matter of a few months by purchasing these items.
They can buy god items/MVP cards in a short time if they know how to play the market.
and then they use the hundreds of millions to purchase kafra bought items with zeny (almost monopolizing the market eventually)
and then save them to sell and make billions upgrading high-end gears to +12 to sell.

Then they quit.

I only see one flaw with this theory...I don't think there's new players.

#5 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

As true as some of this is, I'm really getting tired of these topics, because they don't accomplish anything besides pointing out the obvious. iRO is F2P (aka pay2win) now because it needs the extra funding from the players to keep chugging along, and I don't think this is going to change at any point in the near future.

However, I remember seeing a thread recently where someone wanted a fresh server, and some other posters said they'd love a new server with minimal Kafra Shop interference. Honestly, I would pay a monthly fee to play a fresh server with NO Kafra Shop whatsoever. Does anyone else feel the same way?

#6 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

As true as some of this is, I'm really getting tired of these topics, because they don't accomplish anything besides pointing out the obvious. iRO is F2P (aka pay2win) now because it needs the extra funding from the players to keep chugging along, and I don't think this is going to change at any point in the near future.

However, I remember seeing a thread recently where someone wanted a fresh server, and some other posters said they'd love a new server with minimal Kafra Shop interference. Honestly, I would pay a monthly fee to play a fresh server with NO Kafra Shop whatsoever. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I was gonna suggest a server with no cash shop, but it would have 40 people, the biggest problem is the server populations are already low

#7 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

I want that too.
You're not alone there.

#8 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO SEE JACK FACE AND OLD PLAYERS WHEN THEY NOTICE ABOUT THE HD ORES AND CERTIFS XD

many people broke KVM gears in pre-renewal :)

#9 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Throw in Kvm items and im there /no1

#10 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Doesnt really matter how long u play. I mean yeah to an extent its everything but seriously all u need is a lil bit of luck and some good skills with money and in 3 months time u could have 150 and enough money to buy most God items

lol... That's all you need to buy god items in 3 months but it could take years for you to get that luck

#11 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

Then they quit.

COME AT ME BRO
Buying you way to 150 doesnt make your stat/skill build perfect let alone giving the person access to maps, dungeons, mvps and the game... or knowing how to counter classes, skills and other gods :)
kafra is there to enhance gameplay it is by no mean necessary. but honestly id welcome these players because the more they buy the longer i can keep playing.

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO SEE JACK FACE AND OLD PLAYERS WHEN THEY NOTICE ABOUT THE HD ORES AND CERTIFS XD

Better gear is on its way, Bellum? (the faces of those people who spent $100 on +12kvm weapons) o yeh they killed people with it :Emo_15:

Edited by IronFist, 19 December 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

COME AT ME BRO
Buying you way to 150 doesnt make your stat/skill build perfect let alone giving the person access to maps, dungeons, mvps and the game... let along known how to counter classes skills and other gods :)

Experience is the only thing they are lacking and they will probably grow bored and quit before they ever gain it.

#13 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Why complain when all these new players bought all our Dibolous/Valk/ET gears/loots? We made more money not just because of higher sales, but because of them driving up the prices items. Besides we still call them nuubs regardless.

#14 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

x.X I broke so many glorious armors to stat enchant at +3 vit/dex and then trying to +7 it afterward.

#15 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

I broke a KvM suit when stat enchant first came out trying to get it a +3 stat... I feel your pain there. :)

#16 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

x.X I broke so many glorious armors to stat enchant at +3 vit/dex and then trying to +7 it afterward.

I posted and then saw you did the same thing, funny when that NPC hit we all were trying for +3 Vit. lol

#17 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

feels bad man

#18 Randalf

Randalf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Eh. Like others have said, the F2P paradigm pretty much relies on a healthy cash shop to keep the game running.

Mind, I don't really like Cash shops. "Power" in a game is something that should come from playing the game, not throwing real money at the owner. An ideal cash shop for me would be one that sells vanity items (dyes, costumes, vanity headgears) and convenience items (manuals, gum, dungeon teleport scrolls, life insurance, etc). The problem with this is that these things will never sell as well as something that makes a character more powerful.

If you want to sell gear that actually affects gameplay, it needs to be obtainable within the game in some way (and not just a second-hand acquisition from a cash shop).

Time played and real money being interchangeable isn't necessarily a bad thing, and is a decent paradigm to use when designing a cash shop... but you need to remember that "time played" is the part that makes it a game. It should rightfully hold more weight.

#19 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

The problem with this is that these things will never sell as well as something that makes a character more powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAOgWDLo--w

Non-Troll... :)

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

I would be fine with a +3 INT too since I use 100 INT builds on 6 out of 9 of my characters.

#21 Legalius

Legalius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

I'm new to iRO Ymir and I find it very hard to make zeny. Sometimes, I feel tempted to just buy and sell kafra shop stuff but even that isn't moving these days. Prices of reset stones, HE gum, HE manual, BMx3, all the christmas box items.. they have all tumbled. Market is stagnant. To make the sort of zeny you're talking about is impossible without very, very deep pockets and the willingness to throw that much $$ at a game.

I do agree that the kafra shop has killed the market. Need pots to lvl? Buy WoE supply box. Need SP? Light blue potion box. Need buffs? Kafra shop buffs save you from the pleasure hassle of partying with priest class. Want to upgrade? Safe certs, HD ores, enriched. Want to scout the market? Bargain hunter catalog box. Need a great weapon? Kafra rentals. Best way to lvl? TI with BMx3, VIP and reset stone. Want to hunt MVPs? Get VIP, use summoner, or spend on BB (again, cash shop item).

If I still didn't get the message, there's that annoying icon I have to avoid while control clicking a target with my ranger. One accidental click and I'm in trouble.

The kafra shop is always in your face. Tempting, tempting. Slowly breaking down your resistance, hoping you'll succumb to its charm and loosen your wallet.

I have no problem with a kafra shop which enhances gameplay, what I do mind is not being able to play effectively without the kafra shop. IT HAS TOTALLY WRECKED THE MARKET.

The crowning glory is the 18$ christmas box. The first ever lucky box was for $2.1 in Dec 2008. 3 years later, luxky boxes have come around which are nearly 8 times costlier. The trend is revealed glaringly.

*end of rant*

Couldn't resist venting after seeing this topic. Really, really annoyed with the way kafra shop is right now. I'm alternating between yielding to the temptation and quitting the game. Still having a mixed opinion.

#22 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Eh. Like others have said, the F2P paradigm pretty much relies on a healthy cash shop to keep the game running.

Mind, I don't really like Cash shops. "Power" in a game is something that should come from playing the game, not throwing real money at the owner. An ideal cash shop for me would be one that sells vanity items (dyes, costumes, vanity headgears) and convenience items (manuals, gum, dungeon teleport scrolls, life insurance, etc). The problem with this is that these things will never sell as well as something that makes a character more powerful.

If you want to sell gear that actually affects gameplay, it needs to be obtainable within the game in some way (and not just a second-hand acquisition from a cash shop).

Time played and real money being interchangeable isn't necessarily a bad thing, and is a decent paradigm to use when designing a cash shop... but you need to remember that "time played" is the part that makes it a game. It should rightfully hold more weight.

Finally a post actually deserving of a +1

#23 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

Then they quit.

Sounds about right. As for how does this make me feel being a long time player of Ragnarok? It's kinda hard to say. For the most part it's kinda feels like I put in all the hard work for nothing to get to where I am when I see all the noobs with their +7 and +9 gears and floodinng the market with +12's to make the quick 1b+. However I can't really blame them since the majority of the game now emphasizes on getting to a fairly high level and then jumping in on the turn ins to hit 150. At this point in time there's only TWO things to do in this game. 1. Get to 150 (PVM goal) 2. WoE

For all the folks that don't WoE, there's honestly nothing really left to do in this game other than start fresh and this time checking the 70% of the game that people just skip through.

#24 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

a long term player that is knowledgeable about the game and market should have a decent amount of zeny. those kafra shop babies that make zeny off of it is a good thing. keeps the game alive, lets others that have zeny be able to constantly buy wpe, and makes it so you never have to spend.

people that just get 150 as well won't really get tired of woe because they have never experienced at that lvl nor what it offers. 150 doesnt mean much anymore in regards to being just one in a crowd of many 150s, so there is a still a far ways to go for them.

it's 20x easier for people to 150 now, but with that said, there are still tons that are not even near it. there are those that sell wpe and are still not near it. the amount of real life money that it would take to realistically get said top gears and lvls is a huge amount if one were just to sell wpe

with taht being said, B> WPE Codes Posted Image

Edited by Andini, 19 December 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#25 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

I agree with poster.

And someone mentioned that iro has to have all these things to keep chugging along or something.

Ok lets think about that first. For many years they got by with all of us just paying 7 a month right? (also with the botters buying 7 a month then getting banned and doing it again occasionally)

So now we have one server that pays. (so there is part of the money there) and all it takes is each player to buy 7$ worth of kafra points a month. Hmmmm From what I see in all the guilds I am in, people buy 100$s of dollars a month, and one guy even 500$. I dont think they would have any problem with an occassional event and making thier money.

I think but have not heard officially that the gms are begining to notice that things are turning south now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users