shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valk

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

i just love when people say
WoW clone and dont realize that there were games like WoW way before WoW was around.
and as far as LoL every hear of RO2?

games make a living by cloning each other hell there are ragnarok clones as well

if there was no pac man no pong or anything retro there wouldn't be the stuff we have now.

when your a gamer you dont criticize everything that comes out you take it for what it is and you either enjoy it or dont.

#27 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hmmm wow, Well I remember a lot of older games... my mind keeps going back to old online games like everquest. wow no lets think back to final fantasy on other systems.....

They ALL have basically the same set up? how would you do it differently? dont answer that, pm it to me so I can make a game and make millions.

I remember seeing ro2 like YEARS ago when they tried for it. Its just another cheaply made game I get that. But a lot of people enjoy em.

You wont see very much difference in many games exept graffics, then you might loose quality of game. Like Aion online has BEAUTIFUL graffics but the game itself is lacking of quests and excitement.

#28 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Bluh bluh. This whole "WoW clone" deal isn't really helping things. Yes, the game is highly influenced by WoW. Yes, there were games that were similar before WoW, but it's hard to deny that WoW was the model they are trying to imitate. WoW gave a lot of refinement and polish to an existing genre. It's like how most console FPSes branched off of the Halo model, not the Goldeneye 007 model.

The problem with RO2, thus far, is that it's simply nothing more than continued polish. It doesn't build on it. I get excited about games like Guild Wars 2, because it tries to build on the genre. Then again, RO2:GttW was supposed to have new ideas on it, but no one seemed to like it and petitioned for a WoW clone

#29 Gamerstud

Gamerstud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Desert

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

As much as people like to hate on WoW, it's as popular as it is for a good reason. The whole "clone" complaint is really tired...there have been "mario clones", "doom clones", "mario clones" again, "Goldeneye clones", "halo clones" and oh yeah can't forget the "everquest clones"(a term that was actually used for WoW at one point). When a game is REALLY good, it's going to have a lasting effect on the game's genre. This is a good thing people.

I myself couldn't be happier. WoW type of game with the RO theme/look I love and hopefully none of the ridiculous coddling and hand-holding that Blizzard insists on giving it's WoW players.

Haven't touched RO1 since Renewal hit, hopefully won't touch WoW once RO2 is here.

Edited by Gamerstud, 28 December 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#30 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah the whole "every new 3d MMO is a WoW clone!" thing is getting pretty stale. I have friends that have never played WoW, never seen WoW, but call RO2 a WoW clone... :o

#31 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

This game honestly reminds me of Fiesta in all ways cept with that RO feel.

ALSO All you who say its a WoW clone. Its only because WoW is out first. You can't really make a new 3d game nowadays without it refering it to something else.

Its like trying to play Some RPG and be like Oh its a Final Fantasy clone.

It may have SIMILAR features to the game. Certain concepts that people liked from other games. But in the end it's RO2 with the RO feel to the game

Edited by Zeenn, 28 December 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#32 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

LoL is the biggest thing right now, and it isn't a clone. Yeah there's health and mana bars, and they are somewhere on the screen that may in fact be the same place as another game, but that doesn't make it a :o clone.

Sorry, your whole post just lost credibility when you said this.

People only play LoL to watch Nikasaur.

#33 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Sorry, your whole post just lost credibility when you said this.

People only play LoL to watch Nikasaur.

STFU, I made one :o mistake and that's all you take from a well thought out response. You got these brain dead friends who make threads that have nothing to do with anything, reaction threads, whats up threads, and retards just swarm there, but when someone actually takes more than 10 seconds to think about what they're posting, you boil it down to one innocuous mistake. That's what wrong with you -_-s, you wouldn't know a good idea if it beat you to death. Just a bunch of ;) idiots saying yay or nay instead of having an intelligent discussion. And I think 32,000,000 players know a better game when they see one.

#34 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Wiggles & IronPlushy please be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however weaving insults into it is not.

#35 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

STFU, I made one :) mistake and that's all you take from a well thought out response. You got these brain dead friends who make threads that have nothing to do with anything, reaction threads, whats up threads, and retards just swarm there, but when someone actually takes more than 10 seconds to think about what they're posting, you boil it down to one innocuous mistake. That's what wrong with you -_-s, you wouldn't know a good idea if it beat you to death. Just a bunch of :) idiots saying yay or nay instead of having an intelligent discussion. And I think 32,000,000 players know a better game when they see one.

Sorry to disappoint you, but none of your posts in this topic looks like an intelligent discussion. Far too aggressive and intolerant to anything that don't satisfy your logic. You're not having a discussion, you demand everyone to agree with your point of view, while it is in no way can claim to be anything more than your point of view.

PS: To everyone, stop this "clone" thing already please, most games of the same genre is a clone of each other in a certain ways and to certain extent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users