Twin Fighter research and reference thread - Page 2 - Twin Fighter Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Twin Fighter research and reference thread

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

I found that around high 3x to low 4x I had stopped using Nonstop Kicking in favor of skills like Rolling Grable. However, Infinite Kicking in your next tree branch is an infinitely more useful version of Nonstop Kicking and has its uses as one of the strongest twin skills.

Slide Kicking is indeed a powerful skill and gives a nice organized result you can count on. Arguably I'd say it's a great DPS move for the level. As for Rolling Grable, the knockdown is somewhat of an interruption, but it can be made for better use. Consider using it against a walled boss or enemy; this will give you a few extra hits of DPS. That's just one use for it, though.

#27 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Once I realised that rolling grabble hits multiple times against enemies who can't be launched, I've started using it a lot more. Right now I am actually neglecting all fusion skills in favor of mobbing skills. I have slide kicking at lv 3, Rolling grabble at 4, and smash kick at 1 (I was just testing this move out)

basically, with this combination I always have some way to clear mobs no matter the cooldown on any of the other skills. A combination of rolling grabble > tornado kick wipes out mobs, so does a combination of ITK > slide kicking, and if I want to start with a juggle then Bunker buster > Tornado kick > Smash kick is equally strong.

Rolling grabble is amazing for F6 too. This class is amazing in general.

#28 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I like reading other people's in-depth analysis on Twin skills. Please keep adding to this when you do gain levels and are able to toy around with the new skills, Rabbit! If you don't mind, I'm gonna add some observations on a few of the skills you've covered.

An interesting property (or glitch) with Fusion skill is the ability to cancel hurt animation. Although the timing isn't lenient to the point of being practical, unlike the stupid Ninja Transform glitch, it's something that can save our butts once in a blue moon. As for the Rage skill, I have no idea what that passive does since I never saw an extra 3% increase on top of the regular boost when fused. Could be another bug on this "finished" class. At the time I tested this, Dragon Uppercut does give super armor on level 3 but it's not the good kind that human classes get on some of their 2nd and 4th class skills (Rolling Ground, Time Stop, etc). It's the weaker version that will break from any non "X hit stun" attacks, which is basically every useful attack in the book(sorry Gatling Rush). It could be useful if someone likes to style in PvE by following a Dragon Upper with Screw Dropkick (lv 3 or more) or Bunker Buster then Tornado Spin. From what I've found on other servers and testing here, Breath Control gives a 1 second cooldown decrease not 1.5. I guess that mistranslation is at least within the same ballpark unlike the others. Typing this on a cell phone is a pain so I'll give my dissenting opinion on the PvP application of our skills later on *glares at tainguyen*

Edited by necoconeco, 07 January 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#29 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Posted my pvp style. Hope you post yours, and your opinions on skills. Gl, thanks for the contribution!

Posted Image

it goes up 0.3 secs per lvl. im pretty sure its 1.5 maxed.

Edited by tainguyen, 09 January 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#30 Bryant90

Bryant90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:That One

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Posted my pvp style. Hope you post yours, and your opinions on skills. Gl, thanks for the contribution!

Posted Image

it goes up 0.3 secs per lvl. im pretty sure its 1.5 maxed.

Nice

#31 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

From what I've found on other servers and testing here, Breath Control gives a 1 second cooldown decrease not 1.5. I guess that mistranslation is at least within the same ballpark unlike the others.

#32 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

To me is seems like 1.5 sec. Cooldown does not show anything to the deci second. You can be right, idk really, i dont have it anymore. At lvl 4, it shows 1 whole sec off already if I recall correctly.
Either or, this skill is worthless in my opinion. The only usefulness it has is for weave spamming.

#33 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Roar of lion tested. I do not see a change in numbers on evade rate. Bugged skill :-/

#34 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

I won't be able to play for a while, until my good computer gets fixed. But anyone else please feel free to post suggestions and findings here. I'll keep it all in mind next time I update the main post.

#35 Hualin

Hualin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Sweet guide.

~Iron fist training increased my CD by 30%.

What do you mean your CD increase ?
Isn't that just increase the prabability to deal with ene ?

Some says it increase twin's own critical rate?

#36 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

What do you mean your CD increase ?
Isn't that just increase the prabability to deal with ene ?

Some says it increase twin's own critical rate?

Iron fist training increases your Critical Damage by 30%. The translations are wrong on some of our skills.

Plus there's already a topic on this. Here's the link: http://forums.warppo...and-heavy-blow/

#37 OnEnd

OnEnd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Iron fist training increases your Critical Damage by 30%. The translations are wrong on some of our skills.

Plus there's already a topic on this. Here's the link: http://forums.warppo...and-heavy-blow/

Does it show up on the character stat page?

#38 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Wow, nothing in this thread for a while, huh?

I should have my computer back soon. then I can give Ragnarok a break and level my twin again to update the OP.

#39 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Im not sure if this has been posted before but I noticed this while derping in PoW. Let's say I use a twin skill like Grable, normally in the middle of the skill one could use fusion and then unfuse to bring your twin back or as I have recently discovered press Z (by default). You know the key you use to do the "Charge Attack" that no one really uses? Yeah that one. If you lightly tap it your twin will jump to you. It won't always work in place of Fusion as Fusion will work if your twin were being locked but using the Z key allows for some pretty insane skill canceling. Not sure if it's too useful but it is an observation none the less.

Edited by papapap, 19 March 2012 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users