They should just scratch RO2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

They should just scratch RO2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

POPULAR

I don't really get why they want to bother making a 3D game to compete with the likes of WoW,Aion, and now SWTOR... People like RO for its charm and cute sprite. They could use the resource to make RO1 what it should be.

-Add armor/weapon sprites, including cape sprites for garments
-Fix all stupid ass bugs that has been here for a decade (party share bug, see party sp bar, guild tendency box etc...)
-Put the lawsuit on the private servers to get all those people back
-More consistent updates on mechanic and class balance

this would cost half the resource it takes to make RO2 and would yield so much more money. After playing ro2 I'm sure i speak for the majority of RO fans, Gravity should really just listen.

#2 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

the more i play RO2 the more pissed off I get. Feels like another korean grind mmo with just the name "Ragnarok Online"... incredibly stupid.

#3 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

dude, the game its called "ragnarok online 2" but its not "ragnarok online" its just bad copy of other games.......... i wish they just improved the current game and not wasting money on other beta :)

#4 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

It took me just 5 mins of playing to uninstall RO2.

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

It's a nice idea, but it won't happen.

I think at this point HQ is most interested in just making the most profit with the least effort. You can't blame them, really. Longevity and sustainable gaming doesn't really seem to be on their agenda.

#6 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

It's a nice idea, but it won't happen.

I think at this point HQ is most interested in just making the most profit with the least effort. You can't blame them, really. Longevity and sustainable gaming doesn't really seem to be on their agenda.

and gaming community dont have ragnarok on their agenda to XD

#7 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

I agree... Ragnarok Online could still be one hell of a game if it were better cared for. Oh wells..

#8 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

-Fix all stupid ass bugs that has been here for a decade (party share bug, see party sp bar, guild tendency box etc...)

I think they should do all of these things even if they keep RO2. :)

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

+1 if you are still playing RO1 for the next year and don't give a crap about RO2.

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

I don't know what you all say that RO2 doesn't feel like RO1. After five minutes of playing, I found my first bug and then it startid to feel like playing RO.

Posted Image

I'm one meter underground and can't move anywhere, nor delete the chara :)

Edited by Kadnya, 29 December 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#11 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

This is somewhat like watching an only child struggle to come to terms with the fact that his parents are having another child and resenting the fact that he won't be getting all their attention anymore, and wishing they just spent all the money they'll use on the baby buying him new toys instead.

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

I don't really get why they want to bother making a 3D game to compete with the likes of WoW,Aion, and now SWTOR... People like RO for its charm and cute sprite. They could use the resource to make RO1 what it should be.

this would cost half the resource it takes to make RO2 and would yield so much more money. After playing ro2 I'm sure i speak for the majority of RO fans, Gravity should really just listen.

-Interesting idea, but how would it look on classes like dancer?
-agree
-Impossible, even WoW has pservers
-agree, though there will always be people who think a specific class is overpowered or underpowered

Some people are never gonna be happy with the idea of an RO2 until RO2 is just a clone of RO1 with newer graphics.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

I think there is a definite opportunity to introduce a new generation of gamers to the universe of Ragnarok Online with the second game. If it can bring in people who played RO years ago but are looking for a 3d game, get us some publicity and do well for Gravity HQ it's something that is going to help RO1.

A game that's going to have voice acting, cutscenes and 3d is a lot easier to advertise nowadays. I personally prefer the unique FF Tactics-style sprites on 3D backgrounds look of this game, but I can understand why HQ would want to build on a 3d framework.

#14 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

-I agree with Weapon sprites, but non headgear sprites are likely impossible to be scripted due to how the game is made. If it were possible to show equipment sprites, you could bet we'd see pservers doing it, and no such thing has ever come to my attention;
-If they know of it and don't fix it, it's not a bug, it becomes an intended disfuction;
-While you are at it, fix internet piracy, right? It's the same logic. If you take away free entertainment, even if you could, most of their users would just find something else instead of starting to pay for it, or have it the hard way;
-Balance and mechanic changes are not something you just change all the time on online games. You are supposed to deal with it.

#15 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think there is a definite opportunity to introduce a new generation of gamers to the universe of Ragnarok Online with the second game. If it can bring in people who played RO years ago but are looking for a 3d game, get us some publicity and do well for Gravity HQ it's something that is going to help RO1.

A game that's going to have voice acting, cutscenes and 3d is a lot easier to advertise nowadays. I personally prefer the unique FF Tactics-style sprites on 3D backgrounds look of this game, but I can understand why HQ would want to build on a 3d framework.

we can rep gms now? T,T i see why they removed the down rep XD

#16 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Oh Oda-San <3<3<3

Now I can +1 you ^^ Lemme bet, you made the Dev Team to enable it so I can +1 you <3?
:) :) :Emo_18:

Edit: Can you tell us anything about when we can expect an iRO2 Beta :-)?

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 29 December 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#17 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

A big part of RO's longevity was the combination of the game play and the universe of Ragnarok Online. WoE was what set RO apart from all others, and no other MMO can touch it to this day. You just can't do that level of mass combat and tactical play style with a typical 3D MMO (think about the size and sheer number of people involved in WoE back in 2003-2004). Thus, as for RO2, no woe, then not interested.

RO2 should have been a re-working of the graphic engine to use higher resolution and better animation of the 2d sprites (both player and monster), that can use more 'layers' for displaying equipments. Add in a re-texturing and slight re-working and expansion of the game world. As has been mention before, it could have fixed all those things and bugs that should have been taken care of 10 years ago also. This should have been RO2.

If it can bring in people who played RO years ago but are looking for a 3d game

If they played RO years ago, they are probably not looking for a 3d game. They are probably 10 years older than they were, working full time, paying bills and gaming on a slightly more casual basis - and if they want to play RO, then they are looking for a sense of nostalgia.

Edited by lainee, 29 December 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#18 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I know some (or most) of you people don't want to hear it, and personally I don't like to admit it.

But RO is an OLD ASS game. And speaking frankly, I think it's nowhere near what it once was. RO2 is a fresh start on something new. I've actually been waiting for it to come to the US for a long time, ever since I first heard of it's existence during one of the many low point, "RO is dying' periods. And I still intend to leave RO1 behind when it does, I'm thoroughly bored with what it's become.

#19 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

A big part of RO's longevity was the combination of the game play and the universe of Ragnarok Online. WoE was what set RO apart from all others, and no other MMO can touch it to this day. You just can't do that level of mass combat and tactical play style with a typical 3D MMO (think about the size and sheer number of people involved in WoE back in 2003-2004). Thus, as for RO2, no woe, then not interested.

RO2 should have been a re-working of the graphic engine to use higher resolution and better animation of the 2d sprites (both player and monster), that can use more 'layers' for displaying equipments. Add in a re-texturing and slight re-working and expansion of the game world. As has been mention before, it could have fixed all those things and bugs that should have been taken care of 10 years ago also. This should have been RO2.

If it can bring in people who played RO years ago but are looking for a 3d game

If they played RO years ago, they are probably not looking for a 3d game. They are probably 10 years older than they were, working full time, paying bills and gaming on a slightly more casual basis - and if they want to play RO, then they are looking for a sense of nostalgia.

According to the Guild Skills something like WoE must be planned.
There are several Skills we already know from RO1 plus some new skills I cant read cause they are in korean languagetyp ^^

#20 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

Isn't rose online the 3d counterpart to RO??? I have a feeling RO2 will kill the franchise, let's not forget the first RO2 that pretty much inflicted critical wound to the company already.

#21 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

According to the Guild Skills something like WoE must be planned.
There are several Skills we already know from RO1 plus some new skills I cant read cause they are in korean languagetyp ^^

let me know when any current 3DMMO can handle this type of thing and this many people in one place at one time. (RO1 as it is can barely keep up with it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSedV9cWl0

#22 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

let me know when any current 3DMMO can handle this type of thing and this many people in one place at one time. (RO1 as it is can barely keep up with it)

Oh lord, servers would just go boom xD

I think an 3d MMO could make this possible, but I hardly believe that any casual non high end computer could handle this without exploding or nuking the owner of the computer to hell and back.

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 29 December 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#23 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Is this seriously a topic?
lol it makes me laugh if you dont like RO2 hey guess what DONT PLAY IT
if you like RO1 great alot of us do and we will enjoy it for a long time im with ODA i love 2d sprites
but i will enjoy a 3d mmo as well and i will play RO2 just because it bears the name Ragnarok online my first real MMO and it isnt that bad of a game.
you think when Ragnarok online started everyone was like YESSSSSSS the perfect game. No there were improvements to be made.
they arent going to scratch it and if they did the only thing that would suffer is Ragnarok online as whole.

and also are you taking into account the amount of people that may play this and say hmm i wonder what the 1st one was like.

also i think adding capes/armor sprites is a bad idea that doesn't make me think of Ragnarok online it makes me think of the other 2d mmos out there that have that stuff if you want it to be unique thats not the way.

Edited by shurareki, 29 December 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#24 d4nftw

d4nftw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California
  • Server:Valk.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

lmao wow, that vent conversation was hilarious.

reminds me the wow guild i use to co-lead. though i never actually cursed out my guild mates, i did nerd rage on everyone now and then for slacking or for wiping or just general sucking.

this was my first mmo and that video reminded me why its still my favorite mmo. :)

#25 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

I remember those days but that was a long long time ago
no 3rds no renewal
i dont think more then half those players play anymore.

Edited by shurareki, 29 December 2011 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users