White wing manteau - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

White wing manteau

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

having a slotted garment is a must for Archer classes, I wonder if you GMs could put a slot to White Wing manteau, because it sucks that we wont have a chance to use our raydric cards in storage /gg - Posted Imagepls im begging u let
White wing manteau [0] be ----->> white wing manteau [1]

Edited by geniewinie, 30 December 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#2 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

ask kRO development team not iRO

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

You can get all kinds of nice mods on it. My friend got +3 Luck, +3 Luck, and +1 Luck on hers which is much more useful when it comes to damage dealing:

Posted Image

#4 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

All the new garments have no slots; getting white wing a slot would subsequently reason that the others will need slots as well. They're fine the way they are with the current effects with the possible enchants, otherwise they would become the one and only garment choice, while half the other jobs are being gimped from such items.

Squishy rangers should stay squishy. They're no longer a melee based job, so get used to dealing damage from a safe distance.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

All the new garments have no slots; getting white wing a slot would subsequently reason that the others will need slots as well. They're fine the way they are with the current effects with the possible enchants, otherwise they would become the one and only garment choice, while half the other jobs are being gimped from such items.

Squishy rangers should stay squishy. They're no longer a melee based job, so get used to dealing damage from a safe distance.

Indeed. Rangers don't exactly need an Immune garment at all. Their HP pool is not the best and they cannot equip a shield, so any defense boosting gear is pointless. If you get 1 shotted, u get 1 shotted... nothing you can do about it but be more alert and snare incoming attackers next time.

#6 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Would be nice if I could use that deviling card I found 3 months ago :)

#7 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Indeed. Rangers don't exactly need an Immune garment at all. Their HP pool is not the best and they cannot equip a shield, so any defense boosting gear is pointless. If you get 1 shotted, u get 1 shotted... nothing you can do about it but be more alert and snare incoming attackers next time.

If flee actually mattered I would agree. Low HP mod, no ability to use a shield (and do what they are meant to do), and actually be able to dodge things would be quite balance. But instead they add immeasurable amount of never miss skills and monsters that somehow hit quite frequently even when you should be dodging them 95% of the time.

And as I have voiced before, the game should not be about one shotting everything.

Roman

#8 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Sure they can, equip a high ATK dagger and shield and manually WS at ASPD. Even with a +0 crusty old uncarded damascus (no where near the highest ATK dagger, that should be close to the ATK on elven bow) warg teeth lvl2 and 1+12 STR on my baby ranger I do 3K WS. Just gonna have to eat more blues and add a bit of STR / megs to a WoE build.

Actually that might really hurt having a high ASPD ranger WS you with a good dagger and 2 megs :)

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

main reason i dont want to use the GX sets, they kinda need either immune or mocking at the least and the garment doesnt provide either. RK's get immune though.

#10 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

The "WOE set" is Black Wing. It gives 15% HP and [almost 30] 20 pdodge. Add a fortune sword here and you are close to 50. And you can have your beloved shield. Playing on bow is hard and hurts... I know very well D:

As I don't remember if Warg Strike ignores your own ranged nerf mod, but yeah, try to manual cast it.

I don't know if it is good or not... But personally if you want to main a "Wing" set in WOE, black may be more reliable. Surely you lose aspd... but... Hmmm~~~~~~

I would totally not miss those 15% extra HP on a slotted armor and boots, making it 35% total. :3

Edited by asayuu, 31 December 2011 - 04:18 AM.

#11 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

^ Even with that you will get oneshot by Suras/RK/RG so whats the point

The manteau is ok. Its enchantable and gives you a lot of bonuses if you use the complete set. You get more % ranged attack plus additional if the armor is upgraded, +2 Flat ASPD and the +50% increased damage on Arrow Storm to oneshot most of the monsters in your road to 150.

Edited by Volt88, 31 December 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#12 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

white wing set makes it possible to attain 193 aspd without foods...thats the main point of having the wing set! 193=hitlocking monsters and some others in WoE...We dont need damage reduction gears, we keep our distances, were not made to get close

#13 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

lolol White wing set for aspd.

#14 EaGle35SE

EaGle35SE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:AllegedEaGle
  • Server:iRO - Classic

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Genie obviously wants to be the hero, rangers aren't meant to be the heroes ;o

#15 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

^ We know but unfortunately there are some that dont know it yet :thumb:

#16 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

that is if u can snare snap and backslide

#17 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Genie obviously wants to be the hero, rangers aren't meant to be the heroes ;o

Robin hood is a hero <.<

#18 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

white wing set makes it possible to attain 193 aspd without foods...thats the main point of having the wing set! 193=hitlocking monsters and some others in WoE...We dont need damage reduction gears, we keep our distances, were not made to get close

too bad for distance is nothing when you got mechs who can make us miss and deal huge damage, GX and sura who can by pass ur so called hit locking. you guys are no help at all, always content on something good but never great, always have a limit.

#19 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

ask kRO development team not iRO

then what wait for more months before get implemented when they can change the codings whenever they want, no way hozey!

#20 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

L2multiquote

#21 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

SIGH, so much for putting this thread when most players who just comment are the ones who doesn't care . . . with limited minds comes with limited care. remember, carelessness is for losers

#22 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

L2multiquote

I don't want to

#23 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Genie i feel for you and understand where your coming from. since balance patch i have been playing my ranger as my main alot more. i think a slotted White Wing Manteau would be super sexy but super broken at the same time. think of it this way....when would you ever wear the suit (if it were slotted) by its self...i mean i can understand it would be good as an immune nice to have flee and damage reduction. but at the same time if you make it mocking that would make it better then the flee you get from an asprika and that isnt slotted and it is broken on top of that. so in theory you could make a White Wing Manteau almost better then an asprika. here is my other point i would like to make in why they don't make it slotted. since you wouldnt wear it alone really but with the set you have to look at it in terms of the whole set.....the main thing i would like to point out is the Wing wing suit.....with this suit at +9 it is +19 flee...one shy of a whisper card...but with the whole suit you gain 6 agi which makes up the difference in flee. now with the way iRO is with the upgrade events making a +9 suit is not hard at alli just wish they would have added or will add it before the upgrade event ends if so this really sucks. so really i mean im bumbed i lose out on my asprika and variants but i cant say it id not worth the major damage increase and aspd increase that is pure sexiness. theoretically rangers give up some hp/sp but are able to deal more damage killing things faster therefore not needing to flee them as long.

as for rangers need to know their place....though it seems like and insult i'm appreciate it that just means rangers need to actually KNOW how to play their character rather then just tanking and spamming pots. though i don't WoE or PvP much i can say though having an immune is not worthless for a ranger. i would gladly take less damage from monsters cause getting hit for 500-800's hurts when you only have 20k HP and sorry we all know RO is not a single shot game its now mob or don't lvl whether your in a TI party or solo mobbing flee will only go so far and with the horrid cast time of arrow storm even if your 11 cells away casting, by the time it goes off the mob is on you already. i don't see how that is Balanced but thats for another thread and if you say "don't mob so much and know your place" well then i don't see why they even had the balance patch in the first place considering rangers were great mobbers before.

but i would say if anything black wing set should get a slot IF we ever get the skill update to cluster bomb that kRO has then this would be nice considering you could now deal decent damage with the skill and this would enable the use of an immune with a shield and a malicious once again. heck i would make another ranger just so i could have both.

as for luk as being more useful i beg to differ. i can understand on the perfect dodge end of the spectrum but that really is all damage meh the set already gives plenty of damage i would rather have more agi or dex rather then luck. if u are considering it for warg auto attack that amount of luck wont change it drastically, also if you are considering it would crit.. with the set crit doesnt make much since fear breeze cancels crits out and with the set you have the chance of double strafing so you wont really need crit at that point. so the only thing i see useful from luk would be on the damage increase/warg auto strike but wouldnt be my choose of stats in a manteau.

ok im done.

#24 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Genie i feel for you and understand where your coming from. since balance patch i have been playing my ranger as my main alot more. i think a slotted White Wing Manteau would be super sexy but super broken at the same time. think of it this way....when would you ever wear the suit (if it were slotted) by its self...i mean i can understand it would be good as an immune nice to have flee and damage reduction. but at the same time if you make it mocking that would make it better then the flee you get from an asprika and that isnt slotted and it is broken on top of that. so in theory you could make a White Wing Manteau almost better then an asprika. here is my other point i would like to make in why they don't make it slotted. since you wouldnt wear it alone really but with the set you have to look at it in terms of the whole set.....the main thing i would like to point out is the Wing wing suit.....with this suit at +9 it is +19 flee...one shy of a whisper card...but with the whole suit you gain 6 agi which makes up the difference in flee. now with the way iRO is with the upgrade events making a +9 suit is not hard at alli just wish they would have added or will add it before the upgrade event ends if so this really sucks. so really i mean im bumbed i lose out on my asprika and variants but i cant say it id not worth the major damage increase and aspd increase that is pure sexiness. theoretically rangers give up some hp/sp but are able to deal more damage killing things faster therefore not needing to flee them as long.

as for rangers need to know their place....though it seems like and insult i'm appreciate it that just means rangers need to actually KNOW how to play their character rather then just tanking and spamming pots. though i don't WoE or PvP much i can say though having an immune is not worthless for a ranger. i would gladly take less damage from monsters cause getting hit for 500-800's hurts when you only have 20k HP and sorry we all know RO is not a single shot game its now mob or don't lvl whether your in a TI party or solo mobbing flee will only go so far and with the horrid cast time of arrow storm even if your 11 cells away casting, by the time it goes off the mob is on you already. i don't see how that is Balanced but thats for another thread and if you say "don't mob so much and know your place" well then i don't see why they even had the balance patch in the first place considering rangers were great mobbers before.

but i would say if anything black wing set should get a slot IF we ever get the skill update to cluster bomb that kRO has then this would be nice considering you could now deal decent damage with the skill and this would enable the use of an immune with a shield and a malicious once again. heck i would make another ranger just so i could have both.

as for luk as being more useful i beg to differ. i can understand on the perfect dodge end of the spectrum but that really is all damage meh the set already gives plenty of damage i would rather have more agi or dex rather then luck. if u are considering it for warg auto attack that amount of luck wont change it drastically, also if you are considering it would crit.. with the set crit doesnt make much since fear breeze cancels crits out and with the set you have the chance of double strafing so you wont really need crit at that point. so the only thing i see useful from luk would be on the damage increase/warg auto strike but wouldnt be my choose of stats in a manteau.

ok im done.

You know, and I know you don't woe or pvp much and don't know much about this class, but Rangers are still extremely squishy without any reduction modifiers or "reliable" defensive skills to keep us alive. Yes, we're still very strong in pvm and will be able to mob and one-shot our way to 150 with the white wing set, but the problem's still pvp/woe. In contrast to other classes, we really don't have the flexibility to reduce damage and survive. All of your arguments come from pvm, which isn't really viable end-game. Flee makes almost no difference at all. Luk is very useful, because ASPD/AGI rangers receive most of their damage from their warg; by increasing the chance of warg strike, your damage also significantly increases.

#25 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

rangers have it a lot better off than some classes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users