WOW iro gm team! :D - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

WOW iro gm team! :D

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

So, I used to play this game when trans just came out and when you seen one you knew it was going to get messy! D:
I also played when it took HOURS AND HOURSSS!! to gain any sort of exp etc...

The way this game has been taken is just amazing, I love the eden quests etc, I love the new leveling speed... there is
so much better about this game its awesome :P

Great job iRO team for srsly :thumb:

EDIT: an edit for all the "Super leet ingame vets who know everything" i'm sorry end game sucks
and you can blow through the entire leveling process in a matter of a day with your god items - This
game was supposed to be a grinding game and whoever is running Ragnarok (I think Koreans) realized that and tried to gear the game more for the new market which is a nice leveling experience and a good end game.. Where they go wrong is the end game kinda sucks.. There is always room for improvement :P
Imagine if they stuck to the "grind" all the vets envy.. It would be a ghost town XD (I was just impressed on how they adapted etc)

Ignorance is bliss for srsly xD!

Edited by SidleyBear, 01 January 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#2 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

She's got to be trolling.

#4 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

where my minus button! D: Trollers gonna troll!

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

So, I used to play this game when trans just came out and when you seen one you knew it was going to get messy! D:
I also played when it took HOURS AND HOURSSS!! to gain any sort of exp etc...

The way this game has been taken is just amazing, I love the eden quests etc, I love the new leveling speed... there is
so much better about this game its awesome :P

Great job iRO team for srsly :thumb:

Imagine yourself as a level 100 third class as how it was being first class non trans in pre-renewal. More or less, the real leveling starts over there. (yus, compared to how much time it took to level several years ago, it is still faster, but not super fast as it may seem).

#6 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

casual gamer detected.
probably taking a break from playing wii.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

People get so aggressive when they detect people making threads praising the GMs. :thumb:

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Mmm, with all the turnins 100+ isn't really that difficult either.

#9 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Mmm, with all the turnins 100+ 150 isn't really that difficult either.

my opinion

#10 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

People get so aggressive when they detect people making threads praising the GMs. :thumb:

only if they're being praised for crappy jobs.
if you keep telling your friend that they're a great singer just because you want to be nice and don't hurt their feelings, they'll grow false confidence and emberrass themselves singing to people who aren't their friends.

so that can't be the right thing to do.

Edited by Agahim, 01 January 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#11 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

casual gamer detected.
probably taking a break from playing wii.

So I guess my 2.3k rating warrior on wow means i'm a casual hey?
You would never be able to keep up i'm sorry :thumb: A lot of people are mistaken, your serious
game is my relax joke game.

As for the people who are like "LOLOL TROLL" This game
used to be very very bad, now its a lot more user friendly and you can get
somewhere in the game. A lot of people don't realize the real fun in games
comes out at the end game point.

Sure some points are kinda too easy and feel like a private server but there is so much improvement
in comparison to what the game use to be! I'm just going to take a guess and say the people who
laugh at me giving the GM's any sort of praise are 2009 nubs :P

But on a serious note, grow up and accept some people appreciate what the gms have done.

#12 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

They do in fact exist u know~

They just aren't normally represented on the forums.

Non WoE/PVP gamers REPRESENT!

Edited by Skotios, 01 January 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#13 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

...the real fun in games comes out at the end game point.

yes, in games like WoW, where you get your raid instances and arena matches etc. games like RO offer little to no endgame content.
the only exception would be WoE twice a week, but trust me when i tell you that isn't sufficent to make you log in everyday of the week to play.

RO takes its fun from leveling. being max. level used to be an achievement, most players wouldn't ever reach it, but still loved to play. after the phillosophy: "the journey is the destination". if you want to speak in blizzard terms: diablo2 was a bit like that too.

generally RO didn't change. the only difference is, it now takes a fraction of the time it used to, to get to max. the result is people get bored ALOT faster of the game than before.

yes, maybe the game is a bit more exciting than it used to be, when you start now. but it doesn't last as long. "light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long".

that's what might appeal to casual gamers or people like you, who only play RO "as a break" or whatever. but its a slap in the face to veteran players.

Edited by Agahim, 01 January 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#14 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

They do in fact exist u know~

They just aren't normally represented on the forums.

Non WoE/PVP gamers REPRESENT!

I realize there is still a lot wrong with this game, there is a lot better all I was pointing out LOL

Half of you people on the forums are huge cry babies... wow worst than girls :/

#15 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I don't see why it has to be "trolling" or a "casual gamer" to have appreciation for something... I'm not a casual gamer at all and I like what has been done with RO, having seen it change and grow over the years.

Though I'm not sure how much you can thank the GMs for it -- not all of them would be on the development team or some such, and this all comes from kRO anyway. :thumb:

#16 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

I don't see why it has to be "trolling" or a "casual gamer" to have appreciation for something... I'm not a casual gamer at all and I like what has been done with RO, having seen it change and grow over the years.

Though I'm not sure how much you can thank the GMs for it -- not all of them would be on the development team or some such, and this all comes from kRO anyway. :thumb:

Thank you for some sort of reason :P

And its true about the whole Korean development team

#17 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

this all comes from kRO anyway. :thumb:

Yeah... Although the dev and GM teams here at iRO have done some really nice stuff since I came back in May (first to come to my mind is the chat spam blocker file!), stuff like the exp tables is stuff we only get when our iRO team begs the kRO HQ for the update files or when they feel like teasing us with updates they don't release to us for months.

#18 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yeah... Although the dev and GM teams here at iRO have done some really nice stuff since I came back in May (first to come to my mind is the chat spam blocker file!), stuff like the exp tables is stuff we only get when our iRO team begs the kRO HQ for the update files or when they feel like teasing us with updates they don't release to us for months.

Not to mention that CM's give a lot of false promises and GM's delay the most important things to the max... then rush us (sakray balance patch testing).

#19 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I realize there is still a lot wrong with this game, there is a lot better all I was pointing out LOL

Half of you people on the forums are huge cry babies... wow worst than girls :/

I enjoyed the game back in Loki server. it was more of a challenge then than it is now. Sure they have allowed people to hit endgame content in a week or two just like WoW. Difference is in WoW there is endgame content. And they add new endgame content every 3-6 months to keep the game competitive. In Ro the endgame content has been the same for so long the good gear has been coming in alot more and now since nothing breaks it never leaves. Thus destroying the need for mvping unless you want a mvp card. In my eyes the gms have not done a good job with the game the past 6 months. The faster end game content comes, the more end game content needs to be added.

#20 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

yes, in games like WoW, where you get your raid instances and arena matches etc. games like RO offer little to no endgame content.
the only exception would be WoE twice a week, but trust me when i tell you that isn't sufficent to make you log in everyday of the week to play.

RO takes its fun from leveling. being max. level used to be an achievement, most players wouldn't ever reach it, but still loved to play. after the phillosophy: "the journey is the destination". if you want to speak in blizzard terms: diablo2 was a bit like that too.

generally RO didn't change. the only difference is, it now takes a fraction of the time it used to, to get to max. the result is people get bored ALOT faster of the game than before.

yes, maybe the game is a bit more exciting than it used to be, when you start now. but it doesn't last as long. "light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long".

that's what might appeal to casual gamers or people like you, who only play RO "as a break" or whatever. but its a slap in the face to veteran players.

Oh wow look at that, you did a reply where you didn't try and bash someone trying to be positive :thumb:

I for one do know what its like to grind from 1-99, my old knight, spent hours upon hours upon hours in Bathories
getting the smallest amounts of exp... :P

One thing iRO has is a great leveling experience if you party and all that stuff, where they do go wrong is they
don't have as much end game as they should have - Put an ounce of thought into how difficult it would have to
be to come up with end game material for this old of a game? Look at other older games like iRO, Maplestory for ex.
they have a billion classes come and go just to keep the "new" or in your words "The Nintendo wii" people busy so they keep
making money, where the older "veterans" in your words are bored because there is little end game because.. the game wasn't really built around end game!

So what really is going on is they have a huge problem, Blizzard and other new companies are realizing a new market for games
where the leveling is fun and quickish, the end game is amazing and re-playable... iRO/Maplestory etc the older games were originally
made for Asian gamers where people would actually sit in a Gaming cafes or w.e the heck they call it and play with their real friends!
this made the grinding part really fun and new.. so it was adapted to the North american market where the mmorpgs were trash and grindy and it was a hit. Now what am I getting at?

iRO is trying to be new mmo style and its making the "veterans" mad face.
The vets blow thru all the new leveling garbage and have nothing at the end of the rainbow..
I was just impressed on how the new classes/leveling etc were and how they adapted new systems etc :P

So yeah, i'm not some retarded "wii" player who you can easily bash, I actually know whats happening in and out of game
and why they do certain things... :go:

#21 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Oh wow look at that, you did a reply where you didn't try and bash someone trying to be positive :thumb:

I for one do know what its like to grind from 1-99, my old knight, spent hours upon hours upon hours in Bathories
getting the smallest amounts of exp... :P

One thing iRO has is a great leveling experience if you party and all that stuff, where they do go wrong is they
don't have as much end game as they should have - Put an ounce of thought into how difficult it would have to
be to come up with end game material for this old of a game? Look at other older games like iRO, Maplestory for ex.
they have a billion classes come and go just to keep the "new" or in your words "The Nintendo wii" people busy so they keep
making money, where the older "veterans" in your words are bored because there is little end game because.. the game wasn't really built around end game!

So what really is going on is they have a huge problem, Blizzard and other new companies are realizing a new market for games
where the leveling is fun and quickish, the end game is amazing and re-playable... iRO/Maplestory etc the older games were originally
made for Asian gamers where people would actually sit in a Gaming cafes or w.e the heck they call it and play with their real friends!
this made the grinding part really fun and new.. so it was adapted to the North american market where the mmorpgs were trash and grindy and it was a hit. Now what am I getting at?

iRO is trying to be new mmo style and its making the "veterans" mad face.
The vets blow thru all the new leveling garbage and have nothing at the end of the rainbow..
I was just impressed on how the new classes/leveling etc were and how they adapted new systems etc :P

So yeah, i'm not some retarded "wii" player who you can easily bash, I actually know whats happening in and out of game
and why they do certain things... :go:

Posted Image

#22 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

yea!!! Posted Image

#23 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I think you wrong about endgame.

with all the quests, bio mvps, endless tower, thanatos tower, sealed shrine

sure these noobs can get 150s by buying vip, 3xbm and reset stones but they never really experience the game

The sign quest must of taken me nearly 1 month to complete, all these high end guilds wont even touch bio labs let alone the mvps and mini boss... sure the rewards arnt the best but imagine the cards!

The game is still a grind... your just grinding for MVP cards, God item pieces and Respect

#24 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Mm. Been a couple months in, I'm having fun. Only made a couple 3rd class stuffs.

Yeah, I like it here.

#25 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Alright after reading the thread, i want to bring my thoughts into this. There are a ton of people who blame the GM's for this and that, there are casual players, and angry vets. Here is my stance. I consider myself a vet, i agree that there is hardly much end game content (no 150 quest, events, etc). The only thing for them to look forward to is WoE. To get that end game content though is not up to the GM's. If there is content to be gotten it MUST be gotten from kRO, who we all know doesnt like to give us much at breakneck speed (more like pony express). But getting back to end game content...even if there isnt, there is so much you can still do. Sure your 150/50, why not sit and talk with friends? Help out your guilds lower lever character? Hell even think of ways to add end game content? You sit here complaining that there is none, well think of something yourself why dont you!

To the casual players, yes ignorance is bliss. You wont really understand the big problems unless you go after that end game stuff (woe, etc). There is where you see all the complaints about skills and what not. The reason is that skills and stuff that are good in pvm on a casual lvl is possible the worst thing you can use in a WoE setting. But being a casual player usually means you enjoy the game more than anyone else. You can see it for its full capasity (big story quests, events, etc).

Now as for the ones doing the GM bashing...Look, i do agree that they promise a lot and dont deliever on time but they do, do a lot of things right too. You cant just focus on the negative and not on the positive. Everyone was yelling and screaming about the skill patch this and the skill patch that. Is it any wonder why the GM's tried to rush it? You guys kept yelling at them for it, and when they got it to you, you just complained more?! Do you want it or dont you? :thumb:

Sigh...*takes a breath* Look, in general its a combination of faults. The GM's do mess up on stuff a lot, there is no denying that, BUT they are only human. They are not their all knowing oricles who can take this game to a promised land. People need to give them a break once in a while. To the players, if you want to complain about the game either just sit and take, quit, or DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! All i hear is complaints from you, if you think something is a problem think of a solution and send it in. If and idea is good enough the GM's cant ignore it.

For those who are to lazy to read here is a summary: "Quit being lazy and read the post."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users