January 3rd, 2012 maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 3rd, 2012 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#151 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

I can't connect to Sakray server, can you tell when it will be up again please?

#152 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

This is my take on the turn ins. It seems like most players enjoy the double turn ins with the level gap since when you can lvl it gives more exp (which doesnt make sense since they all complain about reaching 150 too fast and no end game content). I like it because i can focus on certain characters per week and have a goal everyweek. The thing im not liking about these single turn ins (or double sometimes) is the fact that they are still making some of the turn ins super difficult to get to. For example, they had the robot factory turn ins a few weeks ago. One you MUST do kiel quest to get in two the spawns ALL get stuck in the quest corner of the room stopping them from spawning on the regular map. This week we have juperos, but instead of the first few maps they use, no they use the monsters all the way at the end map where if you dont have vip you MUST go through the quest to get into. Which btw took me an hour 1+ time because there was no one going down there. So i had to find the pieces and go through the quest path alone and waste 100+ mastellas. It was not fun at all, and i lost my party when i got down there because they were tired of waiting on me.

Bottom Line...try not to do turn ins where you have to do quests to get into

I had fun in today's Juperos Turn In.
Even though I'm VIP I decided to go with my party (since I was the leader) and lead them to lvl3. It was the first time for me too, so it was all good. If you are too lazy to do the small entrance quest, then you don't deserve the TI to begin with.
Use the booking system. I formed a party in less than 10 mins with 11 players...
If you're afraid they'll kick you.. then make your own party. Why is that so hard?
The Crests were super easy to get on the way to level 3... seriously that entrance quest is the easiest yet.

We even killed the MVP, it was so good xD
And no... these wasn't a guild party, they were all random people I recruited from the booking system.

Edited by iiNote, 04 January 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#153 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

I haven't read the whole thread, but I hope BB are deactivated in low level maps. I had horrible times leveling at orc dungeon because of this.

#154 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

thats just for gx when they use then 1 weapon per hand no?

http://forums.warppo...agger1h-swords/

#155 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

eremes isn't a mvp, it's just a regular monster that can be summoned via db/poly. DBs are disabled on most dungeon maps amusingly now, but BBs are fully enabled (payon dung, izlude dung, sphinx, pyramid, louyang dung, etc)

I see, that's new to me :thumb: I hope they will disable it.

#156 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I had fun in today's Juperos Turn In.
Even though I'm VIP I decided to go with my party (since I was the leader) and lead them to lvl3. It was the first time for me too, so it was all good. If you are too lazy to do the small entrance quest, then you don't deserve the TI to begin with.
Use the booking system. I formed a party in less than 10 mins with 11 players...
If you're afraid they'll kick you.. then make your own party. Why is that so hard?
The Crests were super easy to get on the way to level 3... seriously that entrance quest is the easiest yet.

We even killed the MVP, it was so good xD
And no... these wasn't a guild party, they were all random people I recruited from the booking system.

Juperos ruins is not that hard but some ppl may have not complete it yet (think about rachel sanc quest tree, it may took hours to do if u haven't touch any of the quests yet), I took almost an hour to get the four crests and most of the party members are already left... I think he's also talking about super annoying + tiring entrance quests such as kiel hyre quest btw. Thinking back when I was trying to complete kiel hyre entrance quest and being stuck at the last part of the quest while everyone is already left and the TI was already renewed the day after *sigh* Not many ppl are doing old TIs anyway.

Sry for the double post and bad english btw.

Edited by Yomihime, 04 January 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#157 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

forgot the reuse time of seeds/berry? :thumb:

#158 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

please let us turn in unwanted mora gears for mora coins... i need the affection wand and all i get is judgement maces... i got over 10 now that i dont need :thumb:

#159 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Juperos ruins is not that hard but some ppl may have not complete it yet (think about rachel sanc quest tree, it may took hours to do if u haven't touch any of the quests yet), I took almost an hour to get the four crests and most of the party members are already left... I think he's also talking about super annoying + tiring entrance quests such as kiel hyre quest btw. Thinking back when I was trying to complete kiel hyre entrance quest and being stuck at the last part of the quest while everyone is already left and the TI was already renewed the day after *sigh* Not many ppl are doing old TIs anyway.

Sry for the double post and bad english btw.

Hey, I know you... we partied some time back xD
Yeah, some quests are long but even so... it kinda forces people to do them. Many people don't like doing quests. And it's a one time thing, also forces people to meet new people for help. I like it since it tries to break that mentality of solo play all day long, instead of the team work that lots of parties/guilds need.

#160 haylieboo

haylieboo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

I just love you guys! Thanks for all the fun events! :thumb:

#161 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Ringing in the new year with garbage.

#162 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Please fix Amistr Homu. My evolved neutral sheep homu still has Self-Destruction instead of Blood Lust! SD is a Vani skill, no? Will this change when he is loyal? Ticket turned in and closed, no word back.

#163 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

I can't connect to Sakray server, can you tell when it will be up again please?

Char server is up, Map server now plox!

#164 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

Talk about price dumping.

#165 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

I just love you guys! Thanks for all the fun events! :wave:

please.......................................

keep posting, i love to see hayao miyasaki works XD

#166 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image

Talk about price dumping.

said this many posts ago, nobody is going to trade them in for certs. GM's need to *force* the process of gear breaking, not making it *optional*. prices will keep dropping and soon nothing will be worth hunting. and with more of them getting dumped, economy will be so flooded with them nobody is going to buy any. even one of those nid's is the one i'm selling as well.

#167 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

prices will keep dropping and soon nothing will be worth hunting. and with more of them getting dumped, economy will be so flooded with them nobody is going to buy any. even one of those nid's is the one i'm selling as well.

You meant "everybody is going to buy a lot of them for cheap" right?

#168 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

why would people buy them if pretty much everyone has 1? at the same time needing only 1 item to get your desired upgrade lvl. this is good news to new players, but it's bad news to high lvl players as it pretty much discourage them from hunting, the so called 'end-game' content.

sure, gm's want's to bring new players inside the game, but getting rid of high lvl people just to make more money will kill the server faster then how fast they can bring new players into this game.

#169 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

why would people buy them if pretty much everyone has 1? at the same time needing only 1 item to get your desired upgrade lvl. this is good news to new players, but it's bad news to high lvl players as it pretty much discourage them from hunting, the so called 'end-game' content.

sure, gm's want's to bring new players inside the game, but getting rid of high lvl people just to make more money will kill the server faster then how fast they can bring new players into this game.

Noxious
Raydric
Salamander
Marse
Jakk
Maybe you're the kind of player who perma default raydric?

#170 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

^ do you even understand what's going on now? your point made no relation to what i'm talking about. you're asking me about what garments that i have and if i default immune? i'll be glad to answer i have all the garment that i need, thanks. most likely more than you have. along with other non-nid garments. AND im sure other people have all the garments they need now, not including the over-supplied economy full of high lvl items because nothing ever breaks anymore.

being serious, im one of those high-lvl item hunter (nid, whatever you name). item's are dropping like flies (nid from 70ish-m few months back to like, 35m now). i've gathered god knows how many nid garbs, and you wouldn't have a clue how many of them doesn't sell well in time (especially now, which im sure other high-lvl item gatherer are experiencing too).

Edited by Aeroku, 06 January 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#171 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

You're mad to see your stock depreciate, that's all. Stop telling that it will kill the server or kill the end game content... u_u
By basic economics: When price tends to lower, quantity demanded increases.

edit: SAAAKKKRAYY PLZ!!

Edited by Sabaton, 06 January 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#172 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

You're mad to see your stock depreciate, that's all. Stop telling that it will kill the server or kill the end game content... u_u

That would be true in a economy that continuesly has new customers. In iRO... there aren't many new customers... Prices will continue to drop because things are not selling. You're not really seeing the big picture just like 80% of this forum. It may not kill the server but it will kill part of the economy specially gear wise, the consumables are pretty much healthy, but the gear economy.. is dying. You may not agree, but we will see. If things continue the way they are, we will see sooner or later.

#173 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Basic economics won't always work. Graduate up to past economics 101 and you'll realize that lower prices only increases the demand on the consumers that are in the tail end of the demand curve, which let's me honest here, really isnt really a growing market. Factor in your attrition rate of people leaving the game with nothin to do vs the rate in which people are joining that stay long enough to need one you'll realize that we have negative growth in the market of buyers as well.

Now I could be wrong and maybe I was day dreaming during my MBA economics class, but I think aeroku speaks some truth here.

#174 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

^ pretty much explained by last 2 posts.

tl;dr to everything though:

feel free to enlighten new players in acquiring new high lvl gears, but don't hurt the veterans way of doing things too. if we stop hunting those items because prices dropped too low, you new players aren't gonna be able to acquire any new gears that can be gotten. add that up with iro having lack of end game content, it only pushes us to quit the game sooner or later without having anything worth or fun to do (note that even though we hunt things to get our zenny instead of the new players majority of spending WP for zenny, we pay VIP to hunt stuff. so if any of us quit, its a lose-lose situation to GM)

it is *not* optional to allow gears to break in acquiring higher upgraded gears. it is a *must*. it should be logical why this is so.

Edited by Aeroku, 06 January 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#175 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

er i think that the price drop is good for new players like me to get equips to have decent gears to woe.i mean if those prices are so high we would not be able to afford those stuff but with this i m able to get 2 nid and slot stuff inside the garment.

like last 3 months nid garb was like 99 mil how on earth i get 99 million to begin with.it is a long process to get 99 mil and by the time i get 99 mil maybe the prices increased because of the demand was higher then before.this would certainly alienate newer players like me. dun u guys like new players :wave:

it is not good news to older players but it is certainly good news for newer players.

and if there are so many nid why not use those time and do mora quest or hunt gr or hunt other stuff then nid then sell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users