HP Recovery while Moving Bug? - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

HP Recovery while Moving Bug?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I hadn't been able to get a moth wing for the HP Recovery while moving quest until I hit swordsman. When I try and get it now that I'm a knight it is saying I need to be job level 35, but that is suppose to be when you're a swordie. I looked up the quest on google and it says that shouldn't apply to knight or crusader but it is.

I don't believe this is suppose to happen.

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Unfortunately, that bug has been around since the first job quest skills were added years ago. I doubt it will get fixed any time soon.

#3 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Unfortunately, that bug has been around since the first job quest skills were added years ago. I doubt it will get fixed any time soon.

Ouch. @_@ Alright then.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

I discovered this the hard way myself.

SEVEN YEARS AGO WHEN I STARTED PLAYING RO!

At this point, I have to come to the conclusion that this is intentional (and boneheaded).

At least now getting to job 35 is easy.

Also, moving hp recovery skill is crappy enough it's not worth getting too uptight about. It only effects normal hp recovery, not the hp recovery from Improved HP Recovery. So it's incredibly slow. 5-6 years ago, when it took ~200 hrs to get 99, and there was no BM, no kafra shop, etc, and I was lvling my knight 1-shotting minos (killed over 100k of them, one at a time, what the hell was I doing with my life!?)... I calculated out how much zeny I would save over those 200 hrs by getting MHPR. It was in the single digit millions, as I recall. A few million zeny, over 200 hours of leveling! Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 January 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#5 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I discovered this the hard way myself.

SEVEN YEARS AGO WHEN I STARTED PLAYING RO!

At this point, I have to come to the conclusion that this is intentional (and boneheaded).

At least now getting to job 35 is easy.

Also, moving hp recovery skill is crappy enough it's not worth getting too uptight about. It only effects normal hp recovery, not the hp recovery from Improved HP Recovery. So it's incredibly slow. 5-6 years ago, when it took ~200 hrs to get 99, and there was no BM, no kafra shop, etc, and I was lvling my knight 1-shotting minos (killed over 100k of them, one at a time, what the hell was I doing with my life!?)... I calculated out how much zeny I would save over those 200 hrs by getting MHPR. It was in the single digit millions, as I recall. A few million zeny, over 200 hours of leveling! Absolutely pathetic.

Oh geez...alright well good to know its not a big lose at least. But thats really sucky if its intentional.

#6 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

THat skill is great! it will save you a lot of pots on the long term

BUT, REMEMBER THIS. When you Get a SKILL QUEST, REMEMBER FINISH THE SKILL QUEST BEFORE YOU MOVE ON TO THE NEXT HIGHER JOB CHANGE
(I learned this the HARD way...)

ie, before i was a swordie, i finished all the skill quest being a swordie before going on to a knight,

ie, as a knight, i learned charge attack before going rebirth

This is going to give you less problems :thumb:

Edited by mikeberserkr, 07 January 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#7 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

BUT, REMEMBER THIS. When you Get a SKILL QUEST, REMEMBER FINISH THE SKILL QUEST BEFORE YOU MOVE ON TO THE NEXT HIGHER JOB CHANGE
(I learned this the HARD way...)

ie, before i was a swordie, i finished all the skill quest being a swordie before going on to a knight,

ie, as a knight, i learned charge attack before going rebirth

This is going to give you less problems :thumb:

Ya this event kind of has given me that lesson @_@;

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Do the math. The savings is very very small. The healing is so slow you generally won't notice it at all :-(

#9 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

I just looked up Moth Wings on Ragial and someone was selling them for 2,000 each. *$*@#)*)*# *$)*#)*$)* )$*)*#)*$)* )*)*#)*#)*#)*)*$1!#*#*@)_ #**# (@*#)*#)@(

Damn turds kept putting me to sleep after I killed them.

Edited by duckmanneo, 11 January 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#10 thomascgty

thomascgty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAlhambra, CA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just looked up Moth Wings on Ragial and someone was selling them for 2,000 each. *$*@#)*)*# *$)*#)*$)* )$*)*#)*$)* )*)*#)*#)*#)*)*$1!#*#*@)_ #**# (@*#)*#)@(

Damn turds kept putting me to sleep after I killed them.

It's fairly easy to get Moth Wings. Use your higher level characters to kill those Dustiness or get ripped by sellers.

Edited by thomascgty, 11 January 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#11 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Ya the inability to kill Dustiness' or survive in the area I found them was the reason I was unable to complete the quest prior to job change D: I had used my assassin to gather everything on EVERY character(cause he's the best gathering character ever with his super speed and damage) but that was the one I didnt >.> I regret it now. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users