January 10 maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#151 futendoji

futendoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just 1 litle opinion, about the new turn in system for gramps, it wont work, you will be changing it again next weeck....
eficiency, market research, making projects, viability studys, does any of those terms sound familiar???

- The fact for it not going to work is
it separates vip players from non vips, so the ones spending more cant show it of as easy, and the ones spending less cant relly on the ones spending.... Its not a matter of fair or unfair, its a matter of balance, and socialization. you want more vips, give vips a 10% extra kps when converting WP energy. If you want more benefits in-game for vips, how about free pvp acces, no zeny, and same for the inn resting, but spliting the game content into 2 vips and non vips wont worck, havent you seen it, now all kp shop items are tradeable. Why, coz so it sells more of them, and it also deals a bit whit the zeny sellers, coz now, you can simply sell kp stuff, and in the end buy zeny whit real mony, and thats ok, as long as the mony stays in iro, but you shouldnt make diferences between vip-non vip that hinder the party play or socializing aspect of the game. Thats just like saying vips can chat, non vips cant. A correct way would be, all can chat, but vips can use in-game voice chat. So in the case we are now going to see, instead of not being able to get both mobs to hunt at the same time, why not having to reset each mob independently if non-vip, while vips reset both at the same time?

Edit 2: Ok whit the modification of the 2 reset stones for 3 days vip benefits,it may make it work, althought i sugested a long time ago, that you give option to get vip from in-game, but full vip, just whit the merit badges it would need to be like 10-12 reset stones to get it, that makes the vip cost between 300 and 500 wp enery more. Also the trick of micro-transactios is to get the players a taste of the cash benefits, so they get hoocked or adicted, but we users never have to feel obligated to spend mony, or it will crash. Exept for Ymir(Coz comon Ymirians, you know it, we are ro fans(fanatics)) we will probably stay happens what ever happens.Edited 11-01-2012 13:13 gmt +0

Well i have the sense i lost track of the topic, so sry for the wall, have fun,
enjoy and be nice ;-)

EDIT: P,D: I forgot, yes please deactivate vends and chats inside eden, or start perma banning those avoiding the npc distance restriction. Its rude and a total lack of respect from those players, and theyre doing it consciously and knowing that they shouldnt, and that deserves no mercy (im not really against vends in there, but if people cant tolerate and respect each others as individuals it cant work, also its very important to be consecuent whit what you state as rules, or youre just treatening people and your credibility will fall and no one will take you seriously.
P.D.2: Pleas Iro staff, take that last part very kindly and think of my words, sadly gravity us already lacks a lot in credibility from his costumers the ones feeding you, i persnlly still have faith in you guys, but thats just in my personal live, as for busynes, im sad to say its the losing horse(please dont get offended, im critic, and critics should be positive in the way of making te critizised entity think about it and being able to evolve)Anyhow, ill tolerate your decisions, and after that respecting them as always, i just reserve my right to not agree whit them. Thx for your time ladies and gents, and sry again for the walls of text, it seems i cant avoid it...

Edited by futendoji, 11 January 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#152 jaylester

jaylester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Please Refrain from giving false info, it may be that your not sure about something so can we please be sure about it,or just wait for the patch notice before announcing anything from the game. thank you

#153 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

one person's grievance and perspective does not constitute a consensus of the the masses the wall of text "assumes" much..

#154 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

waiting on the turn in monsters n map info....dont care bout the other crap.....
i think non vip should get a chance to grab both quest cos then they can use BM which gives u business cos someone is spending kp for them....
i think ppl should realize kp is not the means to make zeny cos heck immune nid's are selling for 55m while few days back nid was 63m n raydric is 18m..
cheap certs are ruining everything as equips are losing their value...
i think GMs should address the above issue cos in game items should be worth hunting for rather than selling kp items to make zeny n buy in game items........
dont let this issue get out of hand like the ales issue........

#155 SethTheSecond

SethTheSecond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHovering in my seat
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Dear Oda or Heim, would you please let the team know that the EMPOWERED weapons for the Arch Bishop and Warlock sets currently do not work? (Empowered Mace of judgement or Empowered Warlock staff does NOT work with the rest of the set, making the REGULAR versions of the weapon SUPERIOR.) Please fix this when you can.

#156 jaylester

jaylester

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

one person's grievance and perspective does not constitute a consensus of the the masses the wall of text "assumes" much..

one person nor any player w/o right can announce anything from the game, please read. im not saying any comments made from players in this thread or forum, i was saying announcements in-game

#157 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

server down.....
what monsters for turn in?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#158 Lostie

Lostie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Is Sakray gonna be up? :P

#159 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

It seems to me that Th GM's are trying to keep too many players from hitting 150 on the server, and they are promoting more players to become VIP to get the same bonuses that the rest of us do.
A lot of people are complaining that you have to turn in 1 TI first to get the second, no one is taking into consideration that you will now have more people looking for parties this way because the non VIP's will have to run it twice. This also means that the people doing it twice will gain 2x more grinded exp and therefor gain more total exp without having to use a manual. The less people using manuals, the better off Gravity's revenue will be because it will take the non VIP's that much longer to 150, hence not getting bored and quitting the game or spending all their time mvping or pvping. More Kafra items will be bought to make up for the loss of exp in turn. While this isn't a great thing for non VIP's, it's better for Gravity. Personally I enjoy doing multiple TI's on the same character, and since I'm VIP I will now get the opportunity to not have to worry about not being able to get a party because everyone has already ran their TI for the 3 hour delay.

I won't say the non-VIP are freeloaders but I think it's fair that those of us who pay extra will get that extra boost towards 150 that non-VIP does not. Plus no one is considering there will be new board TI's for higher levels. So now that you are on cool down or don't want to reset you can spend your time gaining exp on mobs you would normally grind to get 150 without the TI's through eden group board TI's. This is a very good step in the right direction. Thank you Gravity for balancing things more. Looking forward to the new eden sets too. Should be interesting...

Edited by Tyrael, 10 January 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#160 Namino

Namino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

^

I agree. Let's go back to pay to play only.

/gg

#161 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

It seems to me that Th GM's are trying to keep too many players from hitting 150 on the server, and they are promoting more players to become VIP to get the same bonuses that the rest of us do.
A lot of people are complaining that you have to turn in 1 TI first to get the second, no one is taking into consideration that you will now have more people looking for parties this way because the non VIP's will have to run it twice. This also means that the people doing it twice will gain 2x more grinded exp and therefor gain more total exp without having to use a manual. The less people using manuals, the better off Gravity's revenue will be because it will take the non VIP's that much longer to 150, hence not getting bored and quitting the game or spending all their time mvping or pvping. More Kafra items will be bought to make up for the loss of exp in turn. While this isn't a great thing for non VIP's, it's better for Gravity. Personally I enjoy doing multiple TI's on the same character, and since I'm VIP I will now get the opportunity to not have to worry about not being able to get a party because everyone has already ran their TI for the 3 hour delay.

I won't say the non-VIP are freeloaders but I think it's fair that those of us who pay extra will get that extra boost towards 150 that VIP does not. Plus no one is considering there will be new board TI's for higher levels. So now that you are on cool down or don't want to reset you can spend your time gaining exp on mobs you would normally grind to get 150 without the TI's through eden group board TI's. This is a very good step in the right direction. Thank you Gravity for balancing things more. Looking forward to the new eden sets too. Should be interesting...

seriously?????

#162 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Is Sakray gonna be up? :P

No word, last I heard they were still working on it. Also the issue of how to power level a homunc, etc.

Edited by Inubashiri, 10 January 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#163 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Just putting this on the table, not to sound lazy or anything but for non vips, its no different than the current 1 turn in a day system >.>;; I dont see much of a change. Mora sets are meh, but great for the 150s (only people that have the physical possiblility to actually obtaining them. :P The mora sets sorta feel like woe gear/god items in level of difficulty of obtaining so once again...more items I have no intrest in. When you get stuff that normal people can actually get. I would like to be notified (hopefully the eden gear 4, 5 , ect wont be some unessassry and satanically hard quest to finish.) Not like I even use eden gear anymore but this is for the people that are to broke to afford real gear. Hope this works out.

#164 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

I stopped reading after that.

And do you know what people would do when TIs are dragged out like this other than to just "doing it twice"? Quit doing it all together. Yea, because VIPs would just do them once and move onto other chars when the non-vips are... well who cares about them right?

#165 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Maintenance theme song =o

#166 lordidain

lordidain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnites States Midwest
  • Server:Yrim to chaos

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

OMG, yall just whine to much. It seems no matter what they do. Your gonna wine.

I had just hit 108 on my GX and I wanted to do the geffina TI. But I wasnt about to do the sign quest. Nor did I have any friends to open it for me. I did it one time.... After that I pawned some junk and now I have vip.

I started on yrim with one char... Only 1 I was happy. Now im really happy because I have 9. I dont know about you but I sure the hell am not doing 18 or even 9 TIs a day... IM really happy just sitting around in payon. :P Keep up the good work GMs enjoy my money -.-

#167 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

OMG, yall just whine to much. It seems no matter what they do. Your gonna wine.

I had just hit 108 on my GX and I wanted to do the geffina TI. But I wasnt about to do the sign quest. Nor did I have any friends to open it for me. I did it one time.... After that I pawned some junk and now I have vip.

I started on yrim with one char... Only 1 I was happy. Now im really happy because I have 9. I dont know about you but I sure the hell am not doing 18 or even 9 TIs a day... IM really happy just sitting around in payon. :glomp: Keep up the good work GMs enjoy my money -.-

^ Ladies and gents...the benifits on vip. sure people whine...because they are human and its nature to always want more and never be satisfied. (an exception are those that make their own personal goals) Like quitting after making 3rd class (or 110,120 maybe job 25 mininal) because they are realistic and they understand their limitations and will never hit 150. Which is way better than always aiming for 150 and constantly dieing in the 130s and suffering from the emotional scarring of losing exp at such a high level as a non vip which is over 700k exp +. then growing old and die alone (due to the obession of leveling and not having a full normal life) in a car crash or something and never making the goal of 150. in english : either buy vip or stay in the pathetic state this game is in. 3rd option is stfu, quit ro, and find a new game to play. sad but reality.

If the non vips are gonna have their unmentionables savagely beaten by ultimate bradium hammer (THAT THING IS HUGE AND HEAVY O.O) better to just keep the usual stuff in and make the game P2P again. might get rid of the bots (not like ymir has any) and make the game fully unplayable of decent standards. the rest will quit on their own since their only reason they came back was because it was free :P sure i will be leaving as well >.> well certain chars will never be played again for the least part.but it will give me(?) and the others f2p players that been obessed with this the push we need to move on xD

Edited by Digimonic, 10 January 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#168 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

We'll be trying out some stuff with gramps this week, and if it doesn't work out we will update him as soon as feasible.

#169 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

No word, last I heard they were still working on it. Also the issue of how to power level a homunc, etc.

HI Inu! Sooooo you mean to say figuring out in what ways we'll be able to level our homunculus? I've been wondering how I'd get it to 150 myself...of course I'd first want it to get back to 99 with capped exp so I can evolve it from there instead of level 101 T_T

#170 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

HI Inu! Sooooo you mean to say figuring out in what ways we'll be able to level our homunculus? I've been wondering how I'd get it to 150 myself...of course I'd first want it to get back to 99 with capped exp so I can evolve it from there instead of level 101 T_T

What I meant to say was, how to power level it on Sakray in order to test things as well as intimacy issues.

#171 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

Oh...that woks too :P

#172 AssassinGuy

AssassinGuy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

Reset NPC supposed to leave this week

Reset NPC leaving on 17th? 1 week later:-

Still there D:

#173 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

A bit of teaser information about this coming Maintenance.

• Implementing an extension to the Eden Group.
    Higher level turnins + new higher level Eden Gear to acquire.
  • Changeup for Gramps
    We will return to 3 level groups available every week, with a Gap between them.
    Gramps will have 2 quests available for each level group.
    VIP can grab both quests at once, when they turn them in they can reset 1 time immediately to get them again, the next reset will take 3 hours before it is available again.
    Non-VIP can get 1 of the quests of the player's choosing. Once that one is complete the other can be gotten. Once both are completed 1 reset on both immediately is possible with a 3 hour cooldown after.
    IF you want to get both quests on non-VIP use a reset stone.
    Gramps will still offer Warps for VIP.
  • Overlook water dungeon, spending a reset stone to get access for NON-VIP will only give 3 days of VIP access to the dungeon rather than 30 (this is a non-issue trust me)
    The sign outside of water dungeon, Gramps and the Premium Service guard in the Eden group will all offer "VIP service" for 3 days in exchange for 2 Reset Stones.
    All the following systems will be made available for the 72 hour period when you spend the 2 reset stones.
    Over look wate dungeon access
    Primo D Buffer will give the +7 buffs to you
    VIP warps will be enabled
    VIP Services will warp you to Overlook water dungeon and the special Orc Map
    Gramps will give you warps as if you were VIP
    Gramps will give you both quests at the same time (he will NOT give you the bonus exp or ability to put all xp into base or job)

-- We may in the future create maps specifically for the Turnins so we can better control access and skills on the maps, but not ready at this time.
  • We are currently testing the Homunculus expansion pack for updating to the 5 new Homunculus.
    This will be done on Sakray, getting the intimacy is a problem (levels are easy) so likely when we test we will set all homunculus to some intimacy value on a semi regular basis on Sakray.
  • Christmas monsters, and hats will stop being offered.
  • An old Timey box with a Hitl Old Timey Moustache and Derby Hat costume goes on sale for 300 pts!
  • New Turnin
    70-95 Lighthalzen Field 1 & 2 -Stem Worm -Rafflesia 105-120 Manuk Field 1 -Hillslion -Nepenthes 115-130 Abyss Lake 2 & 3 -Gold Acidus -Blue Acidus
  • A strange man offering daily prizes to people is seen in the Eden Group Kitchen named "Dally Quen" every day you get prizes will get you higher tier prizes!
    Note we are starting small on this, we want to make sure the system can handle thousands of requests before we start expanding upon the daily login bonus this NPC is supposed to offer. Later as prizes get better he will require a small task before giving the prize, but for this week enjoy your Siege Whites/Blues HD ores, Hugel Medals and possible Halter Box

Reset NPC will be leaving on the 17th.

May I kiss you Heim? :P Awesomenesss!!!! I can't wait to wake up for all these new additions! Plus All the characters I'm leveling fall under those last 2 level ranges!

Edited by Skotios, 11 January 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#174 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

@Heimdallr
Some dungeons can be memo-ed with /memo command.

#175 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Reset alchemist rank list.

Fix RO client not saving ingame settings properly when exiting client.

Fix Mvp dungeon memo maps.
- prt_sewb4 & odin_tem03 are still memoable.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users