Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#1 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

So, kinda goes back to a topic I made a bit back, but the announcement was a bit confusing. Heim says it will become the 2nd premium server when testing is over....so does that mean that it's free to play while testing is done?

#2 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

In reference to Heim's post on Renewal Testing...what will happen to our characters on Ymir/Valkyrie? Will they be transferred so that we can go straight into 3rd classes upon the full time launch, or will we need to completely start over fresh?

#3 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

Yeah be nice to know.

Edit: Merged/pinned the two Ygg threads that were just made. Please use this thread to discuss general Yggdrasil/Renewal testing topics to prevent clogging the forums with many duplicate threads.

Edited by Resplendent, 08 September 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Yay!

Having said thatâ?¦

Why create a new premium server after merging the existing servers?! :p_devil:

Why are Valkyrie's players being excluded from testing the largest update in RO's history? I think you'll risk alienating Valkyrie's player base by suddenly changing the entire mechanics of the game without giving players any chance to experiment efficiently.

#5 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

I like the way you think Resp. Keeping things clean. So, Ygg will be a new server. Everyone will start with brand new characters and be able to lvl to 150 3rd classes. No bots, no inflation, no outright camped god items. A fresh new start for anyone. I love it.

Keeping hopes alive. I just hope they baby that new server. Keep it P2P all the way. No swarm interference whatsoever.

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Read my other post, Why do we need another pay server when Ymir does not have alot of people now. It will be empty when this one goes up. What the hell are the GM team thinking?

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15009 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Looks like Iris is making a comeback.

#8 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Looks like Iris is making a comeback.

HAHA! That one had me rolling

#9 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Read my other post, Why do we need another pay server when Ymir does not have alot of people now. It will be empty when this one goes up. What the hell are the GM team thinking?

I really doubt that everyone will leave all of their progressed characters on Ymir for a fresh start on a new server. Granted, it may funnel some new players away from Ymir, but I just cant see Ymir being emptied by Ygg. If anything, Ygg will be deserted.

Onwards to other questions:
Will Renewal be free to test for Valkyrie players?
Will Renewal go live on Valkyrie at the same time as Ymir?

Edited by Danuvue, 08 September 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#10 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

I really doubt that everyone will leave all of their progressed characters on Ymir for a fresh start on a new server. Granted, it may funnel some new players away from Ymir, but I just cant see Ymir being emptied by Ygg. If anything, Ygg will be deserted.

Onwards to other questions:
Will Renewal be free to test for Valkyrie players?
Will Renewal go live on Valkyrie at the same time as Ymir?

If I read this right '' Yggdrasil will become our 2nd Premium server once Renewal testing is complete, any character created there for testing will be reset to 1/1 Novice when we switch to commercial service. So test Renewal and reserve your name! ''

It says Yggdrasil will become our 2nd premium server once renewal testing has been completed,
so before the testing is done it shouldn't be P2P and should be playable by Valk Players.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Elly, 08 September 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#11 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

If I read this right '' Yggdrasil will become our 2nd Premium server once Renewal testing is complete, any character created there for testing will be reset to 1/1 Novice when we switch to commercial service. So test Renewal and reserve your name! ''

It says Yggdrasil will become our 2nd premium server once renewal testing has been completed,
so before that time it shouldn't be P2P.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I would like to assume. But you never know with Gravity. We need a clear answer first.

#12 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2506 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

I somehow think this won't please Heim as he was probably gettin ready to make a similar thread...but maybe this will expedite things :D

:::IN OTHER NEWS:::
got 2 ele swords within 15min (after about 5 hours) and then, im a) out of siegs, B ) out of he gum, c) out of dex food d) surrounded by a ridiculous mob of hell apocalypse and the evil flying robot dudes, e) about to get my ass kicked so bad and logout for a break before woe WHEN!

a lone cobalt mineral walks into my SG. i froze everything, safetywalled, opened storage and got a normal gum (its thankfully at the top of my storage) cast SG again, he drops another ele sword, and i die as i pick it up.

Spoiler

Edited by Ultimate, 08 September 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#13 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Based on what's stated in Heim's post, Yggdrasil is configured to use the premium login server, which means you'd need a premium subscription to even reach the server selection stage.

#14 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Drama alarm is sounding! Take cover! ):
Posted Image

#15 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

I think if they are going to allow Valk to play, then they should wipe all the names after the testing is done. With all the accounts and slots that they can hold. In the end, the people who will actually play the server deserve the rights to the names they choose.

#16 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

I foresee this; '' Merging our 2 Premium servers Ymir and Yggdrasil ! Vote for a name on the poll !''

#17 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2506 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

just dont break the god items again plz!

#18 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

This is what I think will happen.

Ymir-P2P Main Server
Valk-F2P Main Server
Ygg-P2P Test Server
Sak-CrossServers PVP

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15009 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

This is what I think will happen.

Ymir-P2P Main Server
Valk-F2P Main Server
Ygg-P2P Test Server
Sak-CrossServers PVP

Exactly what I thought.

Sakray is used for PVP tournaments now, it can not run renewal..

Since Sakray is no longer the test server from this statement, it can be inferred that Yggdrasil is going to be the new test server. In that regard, why does the announcement imply that Yggdrasil will be a new regular server? Should that be the case, then that means we will no longer have a test server to test new updates and that's kind of bad. We need some clarity on this as making an entirely new server to play on rather than test defeats the purpose of the server merge.

By the way, are we FINALLY going to get a client that gives us access to all servers (free-to-play, pay-to-play, test) or are we still going to have separate clients for each kind of server? Telling newbies to create a shortcut for Valkyrie every time is getting REALLY old.

#20 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

I think if they are going to allow Valk to play, then they should wipe all the names after the testing is done. With all the accounts and slots that they can hold. In the end, the people who will actually play the server deserve the rights to the names they choose.

Yup... rather than resetting to 1/1 novice. Just wipe them all up.. (they might be thinking of the gears, zeny, items gathered during the test).
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Test Server!!!
Is this mean we will have a live streaming video with females?

Edited by iCare, 08 September 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#21 stabzz

stabzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIn your moms bed

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

You do not need a payed account for this it is just going to run off the ymir exe so when you login(which we will prob need to make a new login account). Instead of picking like Ymir you pick Ygg i do really wanna test this XD.

#22 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

Wait I'm confused

Is renewal going to be implemented on Ymir at all? I was about to put though enough points for a WCP but if not...

#23 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Renewal will be put on Ymir and Valkyrie (dunno if it'll be at the same time) once it's done being tested on Yggdrasil.

#24 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Odin (ReStart)

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Wow, ok, I have lots of questions:
  • First and foremost - What servers will have renewal and still exist after renewal testing is complete.
  • Second - Will transfers be allowed to servers that have renewal if renewal will not exist on all servers.
  • Third - Many of us have accounts with characters on Ymir and Valkryie. (In fact, I still need to merge characters and items from an overlow account after choosing which old characters to delete first). Will we be able to merge characters from the F2P onto the P2P server if they are on the same account if we choose to move to a P2P server after renewal testing finishes?
  • Fourth - Those of us with alt accounts on Valkryie may want to have the ability to transfer characters to a main account in order to use them on a P2P account after renewal testing is complete. Is there a future chance of this being offered? Perhaps as a premium service?
What this boils down to for me is: I've played Ragnarok since 2003 and have played on all the servers and have collected many items and put alot of blood sweat and tears into leveling. I'd hate to have to leave all that behind to participate in the renewal play. I've already sent in an email regarding this as well, but if I'm wondering these things, others probably are also.

I guess I really ought to consider getting it in gear and pay for a month of P2P in order to get my Ymir main/overlow accounts in order to be ready. I just hope that I will be able to bring my much loved Valk characters and items (including that one pair of slot elvens I just paid a pretty penny for) with me!

#25 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

Renewal will be put on Ymir and Valkyrie (dunno if it'll be at the same time) once it's done being tested on Yggdrasil.

whew thats good

I guess Ygg will be a good place to get new players to join, even though experienced people will be there, it will still take a while to mature etc.

My guess about transfers would be... maybe like WOW does with new servers, they are not allowed for a while, and then there'd be restrictions (such as on god items from Ymir->Ygg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users