Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#26 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

Really needs clarification. I'm too tired to blindly complain right now, so I'll save it for when I know the server details.

I will say this.. I don't want to leave all my Ymir stuff for anew sever after testing is done. So that better not be the case.

#27 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

There is still one more issue needing to be addressed. And this is with Ygg becoming a new server after testing. I am really confused as to why this is since they will be once again splitting up the premium population and will end up eventually having to merge us again once they see the population declining again. What is with this?

#28 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

There is still one more issue needing to be addressed. And this is with Ygg becoming a new server after testing. I am really confused as to why this is since they will be once again splitting up the premium population and will end up eventually having to merge us again once they see the population declining again. What is with this?

Yea, also confused here.

Why are we making another Iris?

#29 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Fail idea is fail.

#30 HTL2001

HTL2001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

Yea, also confused here.

Why are we making another Iris?

My HOPE would be, they could advertise it and actually get new people to join. Even if there is an eventual merge, the new people will still have had some time to get into the game and have some resources.

Of course this requires them to run ads, which is not likely......

#31 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

Iris was win. I don't know what you're talking about. Do you remember woes on that thing!?

#32 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

Fail idea is fail.

And bad management is bad.

Hey guys, let's merge the premiums since they're dead. And then let's make another premium server a few months later even though the player base on Ymir continues to drop. Best.Idea.Ever.

#33 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

I'm sure if there was a poll asking whether or not there should be another prem server, a majority of the community will respond with a resounding NO.

#34 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Only one way to find out =p Start one of course. But in the end, I don't think it will be much different then what sakray is now. Let's not get too worked up over something that hasn't happened yet.

An answer to the questions would be nice though!

#35 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hey guys, let's merge the premiums since they're dead. And then let's make another premium server a few months later even though the player base on Ymir continues to drop. Best.Idea.Ever.

Am I missing something here? I think people are confused.

I believe that the Yggrasil server is a temporary test server where players will be able to test Renewal. Once testing is done, Renewal will be implemented on Ymir and Valkyrie. Afterward, Yggrasil server will disappear.

When was it announced that Yggrasil will become a permanent server?

Edited by Colors, 08 September 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#36 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

I believe that the Yggrasil server is a temporary test server where players will be able to test Renewal. Once testing is done, Renewal will be implemented on Ymir and Valkyrie. Afterward, Yggrasil server will disappear.

wrong, heimy stated it will become a new pay server once testing is done

#37 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

The Announcements are really good things to be reading.

Yggdrasil will become our 2nd Premium server once Renewal testing is complete, any character created there for testing will be reset to 1/1 Novice when we switch to commercial service. So test Renewal and reserve your name!

#38 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Everything is correct up until the bold part. Heim wrote:

Yggdrasil will become our 2nd Premium server once Renewal testing is complete, any character created there for testing will be reset to 1/1 Novice when we switch to commercial service. So test Renewal and reserve your name!

#39 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm glad to hear an official renewal announcement. The idea of making a new premium server once renewal is fully implemented sounds kind of stupid though since the premiums are declining. I'm guessing they have heard the people saying they want a new server to start from scratch.
I HOPE TO ODIN THEY ADVERTISE NOW!!!!

#40 Colors

Colors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Everything is correct up until the bold part. Heim wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I don't come to the forums often, I wish they would post this info on the updater too.

#41 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

While it's true Renewal will bring in players (mostly returning players) I highly doubt it will draw in enough people to sustain two Premium servers.

Unless they're counting on a fair number of Ymir and Valk players migrating to Ygg. That will certainly happen, but I can't say I agree with the idea of spreading an already thin player base even thinner.

I have very little faith in Gravity to advertise. They know their game has a very niche audience, and they just don't seem to know how to reach it. What little advertising they have done has been horrendous and has not at all showcased what is so great about this game.

Edited by Kitten, 08 September 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#42 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

I keep re-reading Heims original post...When we switch back to commercial service. Sounds like a permenant server.

And it says it will become the 2nd premium. Not the third. So, is Sakray not available anymore?

#43 Jasperdafo

Jasperdafo

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Yup... rather than resetting to 1/1 novice. Just wipe them all up.. (they might be thinking of the gears, zeny, items gathered during the test).
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Test Server!!!
Is this mean we will have a live streaming video with females?

"So test Renewal and reserve your name!" - Heim's announcement
I highly doubt they'll wipe the names, names go on a first come first serve basis. More than likely they'll just wipe the items, zeny, but names stay.

#44 Jatzu

Jatzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

why the hell would they make another premium server when they just merged all 3 recently. What the hell.

#45 Jasperdafo

Jasperdafo

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

I keep re-reading Heims original post...When we switch back to commercial service. Sounds like a permenant server.

And it says it will become the 2nd premium. Not the third. So, is Sakray not available anymore?

Essentially Sakary server has become the hodge podge PvP server for both servers. From what has been said in other threads/forums.

#46 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

If they don't start hoeing out Renewal after they open this new server, I will just be confused.
Other than that, I don't care, it's not like the majority of Ymir will pack up all their -_- and leave. :p_devil:
You guys just need to rollll with it.

#47 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

http://blog.gravityus.com/?p=700

#48 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

It's fine and all, but we need a 100% confirmation...will we get to continue on Renewal with our characters and gears that we have put well over 5-7+ years into, or will we all need to start completely over from scratch? This will be a highly defining factor for a lot of people.

#49 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

It's fine and all, but we need a 100% confirmation...will we get to continue on Renewal with our characters and gears that we have put well over 5-7+ years into, or will we all need to start completely over from scratch? This will be a highly defining factor for a lot of people.

No one is going to force you to start over. Heim's post is plain as day on this matter. Ygg is an additional server.

#50 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yes you will be able to keep the char on Ymir and valk now. The char you make on ygg will be reset before it turn into a pay server. Renewal will be up dated on all servers once testing is done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users