Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#76 Hompipah

Hompipah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

If they cannot handle Ymir + Valk why add another server? Isn't those 2 a handfull already? Lag issues, bots, un-resolved tickets, bugs, etc... do we get reply,-- yes, but after 100 years. It would be funny tho if they did launch it and no 1 actually goes to it, i mean not even a single person bothers to try it.

Adding new premium server actually give Gravity more benefit (by starting fresh we will spend more kafra points :D ). Not to mention $$ needed to transfer from other server to another.

I don't think the new server will be empty... we all know that we are so addicted to RO :p_devil:

Edited by Hompipah, 08 September 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#77 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

I do not think they will let us transfer our char from ymir or valk to the new server for a long time, if they do they are dumber then they are by doing what they plan on

#78 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

I just read the 3 previous pages and I just want to say..

Is gravity retarded?

Seriously, if they make a new server that is P2P and Ymir turns to Iris I'm quitting RO. I will not start completely over or sit here and watch an already dead server die completely. Making a new server is perhaps the dumbest thing Gravity could have done. Like, turning Ymir into F2P or merging Ymir and Valk would've been less retarded.

Listen to your customers, Gravity. Making Yggdrasil permanent will kill Ragnarok to a point that renewal can't save. Your game is dead and creating another premium server will not solve anything. What retard came up with this idea?

#79 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

Well perhaps it will be as Sakray was. If they threw in a couple frequent wipes people probably wouldn't play on it too much aside from testing stuff.

However...if it's a real server...hell I don't know, this reeks of terrible business decision.

Most of this could have been avoided if Heim said things a bit clearer. Like maybe saying whether or not the server will be free to play while testing is done, or perhaps saying it will just be a RE test server for premium players. Why do they do this?

#80 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

I like the way you think Resp. Keeping things clean. So, Ygg will be a new server. Everyone will start with brand new characters and be able to lvl to 150 3rd classes. No bots, no inflation, no outright camped god items. A fresh new start for anyone. I love it.

Keeping hopes alive. I just hope they baby that new server. Keep it P2P all the way. No swarm interference whatsoever.

love it all your want.

if god items leaves game and a fresh start/wipe happens , prepare for people to stop playing premiums. Heim has stated once before that certain actions aren't taken
on RO because the elitest player base will complain and tons will quit. And its a close to 10 year old game. What a way to end the loyalty of the buyers. Some are alraedy playing other mmorpgs while playing RO for woe. Wipe out RO .. there's another mmorpg to take its place.

Edited by Ashore, 08 September 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#81 Draco

Draco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

Okay, my thoughts on this is that it won't be Ymir that's the new Iris, but Ygg instead. Think of of Ygg as a new start; a new server and form of playing the game, but still a new start. At the end of the day, Ygg will be Renewal's test server and that cannot be helped (Unless Gravity made like a Sakray R or something.)

I imagine we'll have both versions of the game for quite some time. Old RO and new (Renewal) RO, but after a little while--like maybe 2 monthes or so--I imagine Gravity will convert Ymir into Renewal's system. So we'll be back to having two premium servers again. Having Ygg up first will give it time to attempt to 'catch up' to Ymir before conversion.

This is all speculation mind you, but it could possibly be the reasoning behind this.

#82 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Why are people getting the impression that Yggdrasil will start out as a regular server? It was pretty clear to me from the announcement that Yggdrasil will start out as a test server, and once Renewal is done testing and it gets to Ymir/Valk, Yggdrasil will be wiped and then turned into a regular premium server.

With that said, yeah, creating a brand new fresh server isn't gonna work with the kind of population we have right now. . .

#83 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Listen to your customers, Gravity. Making Yggdrasil permanent will kill Ragnarok to a point that renewal can't save. Your game is dead and creating another premium server will not solve anything. What retard came up with this idea?

Most likely the same one that let a community develop on old Sakray.

#84 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

With that said, yeah, creating a brand new fresh server isn't gonna work with the kind of population we have right now. . .

I'm not entirely convinced. A lot of players on valk play there not because it's free, but because it represented an opportunity to start fresh and was a competitive environment. I have a feeling that gravity is betting, and I think that its a pretty good bet, that those same players would be willing to play on a premium server for another attempt. I mean from a new players perspective, valk is overrun with bots, and vmir has more god items than it has players, a new server could represent a new opportunity, if enough people are willing to consider it. Renewal certainly gives people incentive to give it a shot.

#85 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

OK so when your characters are reset back to lvl 1/1 do you loose all your equipment also?

#86 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Can we has the client already?

#87 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

I agree with you Doddler (hi btw, long time no talk) anyways but I also am worried about one thing. This would be a wonderful time for a start fresh but to keep the server in a good way gravity will HAVE to stay on top of the bot problem on this new server. That will actually equalize the economy. People worry about prices but things will all even out. Rare will be rare again and not just farmed. I think it would be good and I honestly am thinking about playing on this new server to have a new start. Wow wonder what guilds will suddenly appear.

#88 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Hopefully the new server doesn't become pay to win ._.

#89 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

OK so when your characters are reset back to lvl 1/1 do you loose all your equipment also?

The most logical answer would be yes, since it would be completely stupid to have anything from a test-server state carry over to a premium server. (inb4 old sakray-iris merge since this time would be different. I'm assuming npc sold gears and stuff like our current sakray had)

#90 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

Posted Image

#91 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

I'd like a F2P new Ygg renewal server more than a P2P one lol. Just put in some single payment to get out of trainings ground or something, to at least keep the 0815 bots out (and then focus on the pros and big money making ones that are left).

P2P with cash shop that includes serious stuff like slotted elvens and event headgears is too much xD

#92 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

I'd play a one time payment server, but we know that'd never happen.

#93 Ostrich

Ostrich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

They should have it like Loki/Chaos/Iris was, pay for 1 account and able to play on one/multiple servers.

#94 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

Oh god oh god oh god it's so slow ._.

Please put a torrent up asap, heim.

#95 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't bet too much on the "fresh start" angle.
It's true that some people went from the pay servers to valk when it opened for that reason, but more than enough people play on it simply because it's f2p.
The benefits of free alt accounts is also staggering.

People continue to play on valk despite the bots and spam, and if they can't scare people away from it then you had better believe that a pay server will have trouble getting them.

#96 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Server Client is up for Download people <3

Edited by Beyond, 08 September 2010 - 09:21 PM.

#97 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

17%, hoping this isn't pay to play.

#98 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

Just went from 800+ kb/sec from to a little over 300 kb/sec lol

#99 ToBlu

ToBlu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

What the hell was wrong with..
1. Open Ygg to test Renewal (prem-only or open to all) with 10x server rate
2. after 1 month turn Ygg off and implement Renewal on Ymir
3. wait a few months
4. implement Renewal on Valk
----
seriously wtf, theres not enough PLAYERS to OPEN ANOTHER SERVER.

Please do not destroy Ymir

#100 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I'm at a steady 500~ kb/s , using "Free download manager"

0 user(s) are reading this topic