More than 2 identical cards ? - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

More than 2 identical cards ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nadetto

Nadetto

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hello there !

I saw some times some weapons with 3 hydra cards or 4 X-cards ( X = any ). I thought that more than 2 cards of the same monster shouldn't be used because it was useless.
Can we associate more than two identical cards in the same gear ?

Cordially
Nadetto.

#2 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

4 20% cards = +80% = +80% damage
2 +20% cards and 2 +20% of a different type (race and element) = 1.4 * 1.4 = +96%
So... you squeeze out an extra 16% damage, but at the cost of it only being good vs. things that match both.

Ultimately, though, both suck, since weapon cards affect only WATK. You're better off getting a weapon with more attack and only 1-2 card slots. I'm not sure on the new rules for dual wielding - sins may be the exception to this. No one else should be using a 4 carded weapon though, ever.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

4 20% cards = +80% = +80% damage
2 +20% cards and 2 +20% of a different type (race and element) = 1.4 * 1.4 = +96%
So... you squeeze out an extra 16% damage, but at the cost of it only being good vs. things that match both.

Ultimately, though, both suck, since weapon cards affect only WATK. You're better off getting a weapon with more attack and only 1-2 card slots. I'm not sure on the new rules for dual wielding - sins may be the exception to this. No one else should be using a 4 carded weapon though, ever.

The only other exception being when very low leveled as you cannot use most of the high atk weapons till 40+.

For instance my Thiefs like to use Gladius [3]'s as they are great for damage and damage boosting via cards.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

If you're wondering WHY there are so many 4x carded lvl 1 weapons, it's because prior to the renewal update, the % cards effected ALL the damage dealt. Now, % cards only effect damage contributed by equipment (not stats).

You can stack cards, and have them stack, except in the following cases:
Set bonuses (bonuses that you get from having two or more cards equipped at once, ex Tarou + Cramp cards) NEVER stack. Even if you have two whole copies of the set equipped somehow (only possible for tarou + cramp).
Effects which logically cannot be multiplied, ex: "Add ability to use level x skill y", cards that grant status immunity, etc.
Autocast effects that autocast the same skill when doing the same thing (ex, two "cast firebolt while attacking" effects) - only the most recently equipped one will work; if you take off the most recently equipped one, the other one won't work until you relog or take it off and reequip it. This isn't just cards - it's everything. If you have an Ice Falchion and a Gazeti card, they will fight eachother. You can use this to your advantage to remove the sonic blow autocast from ring of flame lord (which you want to do because sonic blow breaks ctrl+click) by switching on and off an injustice carded weapon.

#5 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Clarification Request:

Does the spell level matter for the autocast? I see a lot of people recommending carding Gazeti on an Elemental Sword, which would be a terrible idea if it works as you say.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Clarification Request:

Does the spell level matter for the autocast? I see a lot of people recommending carding Gazeti on an Elemental Sword, which would be a terrible idea if it works as you say.

No, level does not matter.

Ele sword is very weird. I will test how it behaves tonight - I don't know whether it's been reverted to pre-renewal behavior or not.
Originally, it would, by a low chance cast... i think it was cold bolt when attacking, and then had a 100% chance of using some other bolt when casting cold bolt, and so on - so you got 4 bolts (1 of each lvl).
For a while, these 100% chance of using some other bolt when a certain bolt is cast DID STACK - so if a sin wore two of them, they'd proc off eachother, and you'd manually trigger it with cold bolt scrolls, and do it on a pure int sinx, and it was ridiculously OP.

To fix this issue - which we were exploiting aggressively in my guild, good times - they changed it to have a low chance of proc'ing a status where you'd cast all bolts with every attack for a second or so, instead of starting the cascade of bolts. This however causes issues with Pally reflect, and in renewal, this would cause even bigger issues with RG area reflect. So I'm sure something was done about this, but I don't know what.

I'll test it when I get home.

If it works with the cold bolt cast starting the cascade, then gazeti card is actually good with it, because it procs at a higher chance than the sword's builtin cold bolt, and hence increases the chance

Actually putting a gazeti card IN an elemental sword is a terrible idea, though, because it's impossible - Gazeti goes in accessory, not weapon.

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 January 2012 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users