Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#26 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

hmm, u mean we can't get those 2 effects together?
for example i'm using lv 1 and get atk bonus. then i use lv 3. is atk bonus be overwritten by lv 3 effect?
then, FoV don't give bonus defense/hp anymore. so, why do you take it?(in your tank build)

#27 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Level 3 Shield Spell will override level 1 yes. You can choose to use whichever one you feel fits your situation more. Whether you want more attack power (level 1) or if you want to be more defensive (level 3). FoV still seems to give some HP bonus after balance patch, but I'm not sure if it's significant enough to use skill points for. I would think level 5 would give an average level 150 RG perhaps 4k-6k hp or so.

Edited by kasshin, 26 March 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#28 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

(for woe build)
how about vanishing point? is it useful in woe? and i read that spear quicken increases the damage for overbrand. if OB is used as the main skill, is it viable to leave spear quicken at lvl 1?

and any comments on EB? i've read that EB is not very good but i still die randomly from EB during woe so i'm curious on opinions ... or maybe i'm just not tanky enough (AB) :(

Edited by celestience, 27 March 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#29 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

hmm, u mean we can't get those 2 effects together?

the magnificat of level 3 will stay with you after changing maps but shield spell won't
that means you could cast shield spell level 3 until you get magnificat, change maps and cast shield spell again (any level) to receive the new bonus while magnificat will not be canceled. only if you cast level 3 and get magnificat again will it be replaced.

for example: magnificat + shield spell level 1 attack bonus
or: magnificat + shield spell level 3 defense bonus

looks like a bug to me but it works

#30 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I think you meant shield spell level 2 for magnificat. But thanks for the tip about that map switching thing, I might go try that out later.

#31 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

shield spell level 2 for magnificat

whoops

#32 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

(for woe build)
how about vanishing point? is it useful in woe? and i read that spear quicken increases the damage for overbrand. if OB is used as the main skill, is it viable to leave spear quicken at lvl 1?

and any comments on EB? i've read that EB is not very good but i still die randomly from EB during woe so i'm curious on opinions ... or maybe i'm just not tanky enough (AB) :(

Exceed break? well, if you have heavy weapon (doomslayer or mjolnir) you can get good damage. i got lv 1 eb, i'm lv 118, str 95, weap +4 doomslayer. i tried it to poring and it gives 20k++ damage and 2x(i used chick hat) 14k to a lv 104 RG. it's rather 1 vs 1 skill since it takes much time to cast and can miss the target. you can put chick hat and/or sidewinder card to give double attack chance.

and for vp, it is good skill. if you get decent agi and good str, you can have it as main skill. if you get full buff and food, it can give 14k damage(i saw an RG who did it). and it is spammable.

#33 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

(for woe build)

VP in WOE is a good DPS especially this combo: Provoke 10 > Pinpoint Attack Lv 3 > Vanishing Point spam with converters. If you want crit rate then Spear Quicken @ max Lv 10 is good and yea it does add dmg refer to this:

Overbrand
Variable Cast Time: 0.5 second
Global Skill Delay: 2 seconds
Knockback: (2 + 1 * Skill Level) cells
Deals Pierce Damage to targets up to 7 cells infront of the Caster.
= ATK [{(Skill Level x 200) + (Spear Quicken Skill Level x 50)} x Caster’s Base Level / 100] %
Deals Swing Damage to targets in 5x2 cell infront of the Caster.
= ATK [{(Skill Level x 100) + (Caster’s STR + DEX)} x Caster’s Base Level / 100] %
Deals additional knockback damage.
= ATK [(Skill Level x 100) + Random number between (10 ~ 100)] %

I also main this skill for wiping mobs of ppl during WOE but I got only Spear Quicken Lv 2 for ASPD for breaking Emperium and VP higher spam rate since I put my Guard max Lv 10 for more blocking chances while tanking.

Edit: This WOE video I made using Overbrand as main killing skill (Spear Quicken Lv 2).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brHlw7lD804&list=UURUVbwiceWfeQBYNQKUECJQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 30 March 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#34 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

any tips how i can get VP with 14k damage?

#35 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

On demihuman or on other monsters?

If on demihuman, high upgraded KVM spear should do the trick. High upgraded Imperial Spear or maybe Brocca for non-demihuman. Buffs will be pretty important. Shield Spell 1 with a high defense shield like Sacred Mission, Imperial Guard, Cross Shield, or Rosa Shield. Impositio, Odin's Power, and the other AB buffs. Striking from a sorc and the appropriate endow. Any strength and atk boosting equips are good of course. I've been able to hit 19k VP with pretty average gears with the right buffs, but I was fire endowed and the monster was weak to fire. I didn't have impositio and odin's power at the time and probably would be able to do over 20k with those.

Edited by kasshin, 31 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#36 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

whoa, 20k. hmm, stil long way to go(mine +-5k damage /heh).

#37 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Someone told me their guild's RG does 40k VP, but it's apparently a "guild secret" on how they do it. I'm guessing memory of thanatos card, and/or megs might make it possible.

#38 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

i got this from patch note:

Vanishing Point

Bonus Hit: + 3 * Skill Level
ATK [{(Skill Level x 50) + (Caster’s learned Bash Level x 30)} x Caster’s Base Level / 100] %

then it's damage purely from atk(?)
interesting, now i know why RG was feared and it's skill reduced balanced.

another question:

Force of Vanguard

Global Skill Delay: 1 second
SP drain: (24 - 4 * Skill Level) per 10 seconds
Summons up to (5 + 2 * Skill Level) rage counter spheres
Chance to generate rage counter: (8 + 12 * Skill Level) %
Rage counter duration: 300 seconds
DEF/HP increase omitted

then, is it only summons rage counter?

Edited by reaperhack, 04 April 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#39 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Vanguard Force not only summons rage counters by chance, it gives additional HP and DEF bonus but you cannot see that bonuses in your status window though they are working as from what I tested before.

#40 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

so the bonuses aren't omitted (though i'm not sure it is bug or something else).

#41 logicph

logicph

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hayroh just want to ask what type of shield you equip for pvp and woe and what shield you equip in pvm. i adore your RG =)

#42 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hayroh just want to ask what type of shield you equip for pvp and woe and what shield you equip in pvm. i adore your RG =)

For PVP/WOE I use 4 shields; Cranial Cross Shield(for occational Rapid Smitting)/Sacred Mission(for my Genesis Ray INT adds matk dmg)/Immune Shield(for fighting Suras/Imperial Guard(w/Imperial Spear for Vanishing Point & Genesis Ray dmg boost)

For PVM I got Alice Valk Shield and Hodremlin carded.

Edit: And thank you ;D

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 06 April 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#43 reaperhack

reaperhack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

any tips encountering GX? i can't spam VP and OB(they keep miss) to GX. even i got 92 dex.

#44 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

any tips encountering GX? i can't spam VP and OB(they keep miss) to GX. even i got 92 dex.

Be sure your Guard is on w/Shrink + Reflect Damage w/Valk Mant (so theyll take dmg w/their own DPS and RC, be ready for their CS w/your Def Aura too), Shield Press Stun+Provoke+VP spam = WIN

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 13 April 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#45 DarkMatrix

DarkMatrix

I am New.

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

this is you actual build ?

#46 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE_y5WEoagE&list=PL583E7B9F9882BEFE&index=1&feature=plpp_video
this is you actual build ?

My current PVP/WOE build = Yes

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 27 April 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#47 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

My current PVP/WOE build = Yes

I'm half tempted to make a second RG just to copy your build if I ever have time.

#48 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Honestly unless you have 1 or 2 megs don't bother playing an offensive RG. You're better off sacing if you are playing top tier guilds. VP does 2k damage in WoE on my 27k hp Warlock and that's with a +12 kvm spear. You'll kill people that don't matter. Play a full tank RG, Sac the true killers. After the balance patch you're more useful as a Sac RG period.

#49 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Dont SAC if those ppl you SAC-ed arent wearing proper redux gears & dont go zerg/out of your range like most ppl do in WOE, and "WOW" at 2k VP dmg, prolly that 2k VP hes saying would be only possible if you wear a GR+Asprika and that RG isnt using proper converters and a KVM or just plainly atk you with his noob OB) - coz mine for half-year I was owning a +12 I dealt 15k+ in WOE and thats only plain dmg, but if always fully buffed, and with all these WOE videos I made, proven every class averagely dies in 1~3 VP spam >18k~32k VP hit coz of my combo (Inspi+Reflect Damage+Provoke+PP3+VP), Inspiration+SS 1 skill beats any 2x meg + bryn user with a mod of 1.5k +++ attack status, sadly not much RG dont want the continious curse EXP for this skill but if your wise at conserving and using situationally, you can wipe any guilds in your screen (watch my WOE videos and count the ppl I averagely kill from noobs~top tier players), but yea from the WOEs Ive been, its been 80% of RGs go plain VP and OB but dont really know on how to boost its dmg, so 2 simple phrases here:

1.) Dont play killing RG if your not properly geared for killing and just noobly spam VP or OB.
2.) Choose carefully between going SAC and offense killing, RGs can be both if properly switched skills between scenerios you need to be Defensive or Offensive.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 May 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#50 jaki009

jaki009

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

excuse me, does spear quicken work on one handed spear right now ?? im so confused about this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users