Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 13 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#301 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Inspiration debuffs almost all self buffs and external buffs from you.
Spear Quicken should give a ASPD Bonus though. Maybe he forgot to re use Berserk Potion or his other ASPD / AGI Buff foods after Inspiration ?

#302 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

Oh i see. Sorry posted two times. Another question: My friend is having some issues with inspiration. When he uses inspiration, he need to re-buff, and spear quicken won't give the aspd bonus. Is it a bug or its normal?

He needs to re-buff/self-cast again everything after casting Inspi, I just tested this and can confirm theres no bug regarding this skill and working as intended.

#303 Bjarkan

Bjarkan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:13 AM

Hi there ppl, im always looking here for new info about RG, even so, im not playing just now... The thing is, i viewing my friend playing with a RG the other day and saw something weird to me.. His Damage with Vanishing Point was between 5-8k with a Imperial Spear +6 with AS card, and his damage with Rapid Smiting was around 30k with a Cross Shield +6.

The thing is, i dont have use RM ever since post balance, so i actually dont know how much damage it can put now, but it was really strange to me the huge damage diference between those 2 skill, when my knowledge say VP was a better skill, so i wanted to know, is really that good now el RM?

His RG is lv151/46, stats:

Str: 100+6
Agi: 70+2
Vit: 100+7
Int: 62+10
Dex: 100+5
Luk: 30+2

His equipment is the eden grop's one, the only thing good are the spear and shield mentioned before...

Another thing, i never have use King's Grace before (when i was playing, it wasn't implemented) and the skill description dont clarify me a thing... KG can remove all those statuses from the RG, and the party? I mean, if im silenced, i can use KG and be cured? Or i still have to wait the silence wear off?

Thx for the replys, and sorry for the bad spelling, this not my mother lenguage.

#304 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hi there ppl, im always looking here for new info about RG, even so, im not playing just now... The thing is, i viewing my friend playing with a RG the other day and saw something weird to me.. His Damage with Vanishing Point was between 5-8k with a Imperial Spear +6 with AS card, and his damage with Rapid Smiting was around 30k with a Cross Shield +6.

The thing is, i dont have use RM ever since post balance, so i actually dont know how much damage it can put now, but it was really strange to me the huge damage diference between those 2 skill, when my knowledge say VP was a better skill, so i wanted to know, is really that good now el RM?

His RG is lv151/46, stats:

Str: 100+6
Agi: 70+2
Vit: 100+7
Int: 62+10
Dex: 100+5
Luk: 30+2

His equipment is the eden grop's one, the only thing good are the spear and shield mentioned before...

Another thing, i never have use King's Grace before (when i was playing, it wasn't implemented) and the skill description dont clarify me a thing... KG can remove all those statuses from the RG, and the party? I mean, if im silenced, i can use KG and be cured? Or i still have to wait the silence wear off?

Thx for the replys, and sorry for the bad spelling, this not my mother lenguage.

Hell yeah! Thats my topic!! :D
Okay so which level of Vanishing Point was used? 10 or lower? Do he have Bash level 10? Do he used both skills on the same enemy and w/o Converters or did he used Converters? Was his RG 151 as he did the test?

Next: I will tell you something now, the rest of the community wont agree with me. But Rapid Smitting on a full all out Equiped Royal Guard is a lot stronger then VP will ever be. The problem is, it do not work with any means of Def Pierce anymore, neighter with Ice Pick / Thana. The Skill is Pseudo Elemental, that means you can not Hit anything Ghost 3 and 4 even with Mild Wind or any other Endow. It has 1 Sec Cast Delay, 1 Sec. Variable cast and 0.5 fixed cast. The Skill is interuptable. So w/o instant cast and full Cast delay reduce or stringer, you wont spam this skill. It is HEAVILY buffed by Gloomy Shyness, so get a friend or make a second account Wanderer/Maestro. You can still spam the skill w/o much effort after getting dispelled.

Thats why VP shines for most casual RG Builds. More ASPD, better spammability. You can endow it like you want and you can hit Ghost Type monsters with it. Downside: Dispell will let you stand there useless till you get your Berserk Pot up, Shield Spell and Spear Quicken.

So, if you have 2 Kiels or a personal Stringer/G. Shyness Slave > Rapid Smitting + Overbrand Combo (Overbrand can hit Ghost Types with Endow too) You can use every Weapon Type for Rapid Smitting which is awesome! You would need to change to a Spear for OB though.

If you have casual Gear and want to MVP > VP + OB. You need to keep a Spear type weapon all the time.

On my last 2 months on euRO (which is on 150/50 max level cap) I achieved 320k Rapid Smitting with Fire Endow, Gloomy Shyness, Magnum Break and under Inspiration against Nightmare Amon Ra.

So yes, with casual Gears go VP+OB. If you have High end Gears and 2 Kiels, go with RS+OB.

Edited by RaohSung, 20 October 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#305 Bjarkan

Bjarkan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Wow, i didnt know RS was so buffed now... Well, from the begining:

i) Yep, his VP was lv10.

ii) His Bash was lv10 too.

iii) Both skills tested in dummy egg from academy.

iv) None elemental converters... Actually, he was hitting for 30k without anykind of buff (not eve shield spell 1).

v) Yup. he was lv151.

From what u said, all of it, i would say RS burn a lot less of SP, or a least is what my friend's thinking.

Hm MVP card was always a dream to me, never have one, so i suppose expert ring + sprint set is his way to go (he's always thinking in the more cheap way XD).

With weapon would be the better one for RS? I was thinking in Twin Edge of Naght Sieger [3] with 3 AS card, but it may be hard and too costly to get anyway xD

Well, this was really usefull, i may play again soon with a RG with RS + OB, thx a lot, RaohSung XD

Edited by Bjarkan, 20 October 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#306 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

To be honest, I would be go for Vanishing Point for now. EA Enchants buff it greatly and refines of your Imperial Spear every second refine goes directly into the VP formula. It is more spammable and you can use Temp Boots + Valk Armors if you need the unbreakability.

------------
But yea, I know how you feel. I love the Shield Skills and I have still a pure Shielder RG somewhere in euRO, still havent a second max RG in iRO though.

You would need a couple of Sprint Mails then. Look on Ragial, if you can get some Hidden Enchanted ones with Stats. Get elemental cards, Evil Druid, Marc (if you cant default a ED cause of strong Fire spells) and a Peco Peco carded one. I would default Peco + Piety if some Ele resist is needed. Sprint Shoes with Gold Acidus or with Firelock if +9. Expert Ring with Phen Card.

Okay, now comes the problem and I hope someone else can help me here or even your friend can do the test.
Pre 175/60, RS was cosidered Melee not ranged. It was a offical kRO update on Rapid Smitting. You can search it here on forums or in irowiki forums (2011 kRO Maintenance - Rapid Smitting / Shield Chain considered now as a "Ranged-Melee" attack).
But after the 175 Update some guys told me it is considered Ranged again. But honestly, you would need to test it yourself or someone else can cofirm this. My iRO RG do not have RS anymore :/

- Pre 175 - Rapid Smitting considered physcial

1. Gets Reflected

Spoiler

2. RS not blocked by Pneuma.
Spoiler

Okay, so if it still is considered a physical attack, i would go either with FS/FS Enchanted Hunting Spear with Racial cards, so I can still use some Spear Skills and Buffs or with Triple Race Carded Red Twin Edge. Sadly, Ice Pick do not work with Rapid Smitting, but with Shield Press and Earth Drive.

If it truely is back to Ranged, go with Triple AS RTE or EA Enchanted Hunting Spear with a AS Card.

Edited by RaohSung, 21 October 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#307 Bjarkan

Bjarkan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

RS its considered ranged, or a least, a saw the AS card buff the damage quite some... And after some Cornus, a can say no damage was reflected back (or was too lucky for any of them have shield reflect active that time) o.o

Hm the Hunting Spear con AS and EA enchant would be better then a Erde (2) with 2x AS and 2x EA enchants? Just thinking it would be good have a unbreakable weapon, even if cost me a some damage. Well, for OB i would need the HS anyway, but i just have curiosity xD

Hm what would you recommen me for a cheap garment option? The Fallen Angel and Heroic Backpack are a little u costly... Nydh garb with Menblant? With a pseudo shielder build, Prestige + SS1 + Auto-Guard give some quite good resistence o.o

#308 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

Okay, then my friends was right and it is back to its older self considered range type attack. Or Try it one more time in PVP against Pneuma to get absolutly sure.
Yea, I would go then with AS and EA enchanted Hunting Spear so you can use some Spear Skills too.
For MVPing.. if you need the indestructibility... yea, EA Erde Seems Fine. Maybe even a Thanatos Hammer.
But I would get a Gungnir [2] with 2 AS Cards and EA Enchants too for MVPing cause of the 25% Perfect Hit.

--

Nyd Garb or Giant Faceworm with Menblatt seems fine, if you cant afford Backback or FAW.

Edited by RaohSung, 21 October 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#309 Bjarkan

Bjarkan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hm 2 thing... We try RS against a AB friend with Pneuma, and it miss all the time, so we came be sure is ranged now.. The other thing... My friend already have the sprint set, and while he was farming, he could cast RS even getting hit by the mob... I dunno if he was fast enough to cast without been interrup, but... Can this change back as it was in pre-renewal too? Before, the RS cast cant be interrup (only for the godly sage/prof) o.o

We try it without sprint set, same thing, no interrup, but our conex is not too good, maybe lag issue make us see wrong things xD

#310 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

Wow, then its even better!
Or to be 100% sure go somewhere where it is really mobby like Magma 2, Juperos or Abyss lake get some mobs on your Ass and try it.

If it really is uninteruptable then get Gold Scaraba Card in your Expert Ring.

#311 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

what card would u recommend I put into my Hunting spear for OB lvling purposes?

#312 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Turtle General :P

Nah, Skel Worker is fine. 1x SW and one with Minorous if you can afford.

#313 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just curious how come tournament shield+hunting spear combo isnt mentioned for lvling purposes? does the +9% attack not work?

Id think that would be really good for the extra dmg

Edited by BoyAtlas, 20 March 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#314 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

5%, and yes it works.

#315 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

5%, and yes it works.

oh i thought it was additional 4% for having the particular spear

Edited by BoyAtlas, 24 March 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#316 CommanderGeneral

CommanderGeneral

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hi Guys,

Im planning to build a Ray of Genesis build RG. Can you recommend me a stat build and equipment? I currently have 1 RG and 1 PL so I can probably use banding in the next few days for this skill.

Thanks!

#317 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Great guide! Learned a lotttttt. Thank you for spending the time and making it :)

#318 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

just learn to gear swap. Dont default faw and temp luk when you try to rush precast. Even if you are EB.

#319 DotaTrashPlayer

DotaTrashPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

which is better for VP MvP +6 temp str fs bm or +6 temp dex ea bm??

#320 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

For Pure VP, the second option you Posted. But just if you really take 120 DEX which you do not need so badly as VP MVP Guard.

120 STR - Temp STR Boots EA/LD or BP is a better option and a better alrounder in my opinion.

#321 DotaTrashPlayer

DotaTrashPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:58 AM

Oh how stupid of me so which would be better LD or BP and if im devo.ing someone does BP proc for me?

#322 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

Yes, BP procs from received hits so it would.

Edited by RaohSung, 11 June 2016 - 03:34 AM.

#323 DotaTrashPlayer

DotaTrashPlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:40 AM

so if im devoing our tank sura i could proc BP hmm gotta consider that 120 dex

#324 4776131102094407843

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:02 PM

Hi, I'm very new to royal guard, usually I play with mage and acolyte class.

So could you guys take a look at my stats and skill tree of my first royal guard character ?

The Stats Link is here >>> http://calc.irowiki....aaaaaaundefined

The Skill Build is here >>> http://irowiki.org/~...HPeAaSaSadkdak1

I want to play my RG to PVM and MVPing purpose.

Is this stats and skill build ok ?

Thanks a lot.  :thx:

#325 Eelectric

Eelectric

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

Hello i just want to ask if what stat build is betterfor more damage? Pure PVM - Banishing point

I want to use my + 9 menblatt ea10 faw, but im not sure if wakwak ea10 faw is better than the 1st. thanks!

STR = 120
AGI = 100
VIT = 95
DEX =93
INT 1
LUK = remaining stats

OR

STR and DEX = 120
AGi 100
VIT = 90 +
LUK = 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic