Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24* - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#26 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

It was laggy walking around Prontera and I got disconnected right after I talked to Helpful Henry.

Helpful Henry is helping us lag :/

Edited by inuko23, 10 September 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#27 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Any reason why a level 69 Assassin with an Elemental Weapon and 359 hit can't hit Nightmares? I mean... At all.

Tried with a Holy Dagger and a Kindle Dagger in the off hand and I just miss, miss miss miss.. Can't complete this quest. I've got no issue killing anything else on that map but I can't hit the Nightmare at all. o____0

Edited by Kitten, 10 September 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#28 Kheldun

Kheldun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Holy dagger works, but does really bad damage.

#29 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

I believe that weapon element no longer takes into account the attack you get from your stats, so that could be the cause.

#30 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

Curious. I'll need to try something else then.

#31 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

I understand that the GMs wanted us to test out the feel of the new leveling curve which is why they were reluctant to give a level up NPC from the start. However, Henry seems so pointless because it neither gives us the correct feel of the new leveling curve, nor does it expedite us in getting to 3rd classes in a timely manner. Yes Henry is fast at 1 level per 10 monsters, but it's still not fast enough.

Here's to further demonstrate my point:
Thanks to Henry. . .
  • We now have zero motiviation in testing Eden Group, which is the *correct* feel of the leveling curve.
  • As far as the new leveling curve is concerned, Henry is about 10 levels off. For example, he wanted me to kill Familiars at lvl 2x when I've been well capable of killing those bats from lvl 12.
  • Not about leveling, but what's with the zeny he gives at low levels (around below 35)? With the extremely cheap gears, the zeny he gives is more than enough for equipments, but buying supplies is an entirely different matter. . .

I'm sorry if this sounds like a QQ post, but I really don't see the logic behind Helpful Henry. Using Helpful Henry completely ruins the feel of the new leveling curve, so that certainly is not the reason why Henry was made this way. The way I see it now, Henry is just a way to make us pointlessly work for our levels. I mean, they might as well have given us a straight to 99 NPC because the end-result is the same. We're gonna get to 99 without getting the feel of the new leveling curve. Henry just takes much longer than a straight to 99 NPC.

Edited by Prodigy, 10 September 2010 - 10:25 PM.

#32 Kheldun

Kheldun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Another random annoying bug. When you turn in your level 98 quest to get 99, Henry automatically gives you the 100 quest, which is Alices. After you trans, this quest stays on your log and Henry will sometimes randomly send you to kill Alices. When this happens, the quest you just worked on will be deleted and you'll have to start it over.

#33 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

The peco egg killing one is pretty dumb, ive been teleporting around for 15 mins and i only found 6 eggs.....

also at 48 it sends you to penos to kill dranliers

and the bugs are level 107, seems a bit high for a place that you go at lvl 7x

Edited by Easly, 10 September 2010 - 11:20 PM.

#34 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

Yeah, don't stay on that map. I swear, it has like one peco egg that respawns as soon as you kill it. I think because they all turn into pickeys with eggs on their head. Try killing those when you see them.

Or, go one map south of morroc and you can find more eggs.

#35 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

please fix the lag its make this testing unbearable

#36 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

I understand that the GMs wanted us to test out the feel of the new leveling curve which is why they were reluctant to give a level up NPC from the start. However, Henry seems so pointless because it neither gives us the correct feel of the new leveling curve, nor does it expedite us in getting to 3rd classes in a timely manner. Yes Henry is fast at 1 level per 10 monsters, but it's still not fast enough.

Here's to further demonstrate my point:
Thanks to Henry. . .

• We now have zero motiviation in testing Eden Group, which is the *correct* feel of the leveling curve.
  • As far as the new leveling curve is concerned, Henry is about 10 levels off. For example, he wanted me to kill Familiars at lvl 2x when I've been well capable of killing those bats from lvl 12.
  • Not about leveling, but what's with the zeny he gives at low levels (around below 35)? With the extremely cheap gears, the zeny he gives is more than enough for equipments, but buying supplies is an entirely different matter. . .

I'm sorry if this sounds like a QQ post, but I really don't see the logic behind Helpful Henry. Using Helpful Henry completely ruins the feel of the new leveling curve, so that certainly is not the reason why Henry was made this way. The way I see it now, Henry is just a way to make us pointlessly work for our levels. I mean, they might as well have given us a straight to 99 NPC because the end-result is the same. We're gonna get to 99 without getting the feel of the new leveling curve. Henry just takes much longer than a straight to 99 NPC.

I completely agree.

I'm actually quite insulted that we're expected to waste many hours of our time gaining levels to test this update. It took me more than 2 hours just to level my level 14/15 acolyte to a level 64/16 priest.

Please set the experience point multiplier to 50 like it was on KRO.

#37 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Still making us grind to test, while there are the best combo of events happening on main servers ( the last before renewal hits), and only giving us a week or possibly two?
Come on, nothing is going to get done. We need insta-levels or 50x+ exp rate on the test server, OR a significantly longer testing period. Giving us an npc who makes us kill 10 mobs per level is just a procedure, there is no point in making us grind for 5 hours to go to the point where our 3rd class quest giver is bugged lol.

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Take out "Helpful" Henry and increase the EXP multiplier. Seriously.

#39 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

On Thursday can we please have a faster way to make multiple third class? Some may interpret this as sounding lazy but I don't need to level another char from 1-100 twice using Helpful (read: very buggy) Henry and it would be useful to test several third class skills for actual bug reporting, without putting the time into leveling.

#40 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm pretty disappointed there is no money NPC personally.

I cannot quickly get to my next class because I'm having to worry about buying supplies, mammo money, gear money, etc. (All the trans gear is cheap, but the low level gear is pretty expensive for starting with nothing).

I'm starting to have my doubts about testing it, because it is a bit of work, and I don't want to lose everything I'm investing into.

I mean, it is easier than any of the other servers, don't get me wrong, but when I start having to hunt items for my characters and worry about the money they have and such, I start getting attached to them.

ALSO LEVELING IS NOT FAST AT LOWER LEVELS.
Even with idiot Harry, I played most of today and got to level 60.
I should be a mechanic by now testing out skills, builds, etc.

#41 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Let me reiterate what I've been trying to say. For what possible purpose was Helpful Henry designed this way? With Helpful Henry, we are neither testing the new Renewal leveling curve nor are we getting to 3rd classes in a timely manner, considering that it's a test server.

#42 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

On Thursday next Ygg maintenance can we please have a faster way to make multiple third class? Some may interpret this as sounding lazy but I don't need to level another char from 1-100 twice using Helpful (read: very buggy) Henry and it would be useful to test several third class skills for actual bug reporting, without putting the time into leveling.

Fixed. :p

#43 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

fix the lag on the server it barely has 150 people on it and it lag way to much to make testing anything but frustrating,

#44 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

Hmm... I think if all the bots were gone and there was no lag on the main servers, the RO experience would be 1,000x better. Well, with the bots, it WOULD mess with economy, but give it time. But more important, the same thing will apply with renewal. If suddenly there are tons of bots there (probably not if it's p2p) or your renewal servers lag horribly, you still will have minimum amounts of players enjoying it.

Also, instead of a NPC that gives you max level, there should just be a NPC that sets you to whatever level you like 1-150. Then couple that with another NPC that will help you find the appropriate level map you want to try. This 2nd NPC could be as follows:

Choose a level range:
1-20
21-40
41-60
61-90
91-120
121-150

Then, for every category is a list of maps (including recommended level for each entry). So, you could set your level to 15, then try out a level 15ish map or a level 20 map and see the difference. Then set your level to 150 and try out one of the most high level maps...

#45 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

I merged the two patch log threads.

#46 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

In addition, "Helpful" Henry only gives you quests up to lvl 115. At most this puts you at job 16 as a 3rd class. If we are to test skills, check for proper job bonuses, etc. we need to be able to go to 150/50. It shouldn't take 6 hours to get a lvl 99 character for testing. In addition, Henry screws up when sending you to certain maps. At lvl 111 I think, I was sent to do Magmarings, but was warped to Niff1. GMs if you want proper testing of this update, remove this useless lag NPC, put in a proper Zeny NPC, change the EXP rate to a higher rate(like 50x) and put in a god forsaken headgear NPC! With what you're giving us, there is no way enough proper information can be compiled about the bugs, errors, and messed up things can happen. In addition, please acknowledge that the 3rd class changer NPC in Prontera does NOT allow all classes to change to 3rds. The only ones I've heard of that have to do the actual class change quest are Suras and Royal Guards. Not sure about any of the other classes, but it is very frustrating when putting all of this time in to get to 99, only to have to look on a Korean or Chinese website to change to the next class for testing.

#47 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

up the exp rates to what kro had have a npc to turn you into a high novie then ppl go and lvl or just the exp rates add a zeny npc and battle ground weapons even some head gear npc would be good then people can test the eden group more but not sure what ppl would say to me asking remove the job changer since we cant test job changing if there is a short cut

#48 shilin

shilin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Geffen

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

I believe henry was designed this way so that as many maps as possible will be accessed and verified to have correct spawns, no errors, and monsters will have the right stats/ai/etc. Though I really agree that he's gotta go after a few days of this kind of intense usage because if there's anything wrong with the maps/monsters on them, they would all have been discovered by now. All he's doing after this point is just lag every map that's on the pront server.

#49 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

How do we know if the maps have correct spawns if we're not even sure he's sending us to the right maps, or what spawns we are even meant to check?

#50 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

How do we know if the maps have correct spawns if we're not even sure he's sending us to the right maps, or what spawns we are even meant to check?

Three spawn issues I've determined because of the NPC.

1) Culverts 4f has 5 cramps, which one shot everyone who is actually down there to level. That's kind of a problem.
2) Mjolnir Dead Pit has cramps, again totally demolishing players who need to level there.
3) Clock Tower High Orcs has Arclouze, which are 25 levels higher than high orcs. Not just a few of them, probably 1/3 of the monsters there are arclouze. Its now the only map with high orcs, and it's ruined by these monsters.

Some people mentioned the Nereid in Thara Frogs, but I'm not entirely convinced that this guy is a problem because you can out run him if you need to.

I imagine these are the kinds of things they want us finding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users