Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24* - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ygg Maintenance Notes Thread *9/24*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#76 KriztanAlizun

KriztanAlizun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

NVM THANKS HEIM!

Edited by KriztanAlizun, 17 September 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#77 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

I think this testing forums lacks serious organization. Please make forums within forums, so it would look like this:

Renewal Testing Forums

• Changes to mechanics (complaints in general about drop rates, cast time, cool down times, etc)
  • NPC Grammar and English section (inconsistencies, quest requirements, etc)
  • Questions!!! (because we have tons)
  • Miscellaneous (if your qualm/comment doesn't fit in one of the above sections then include it here)
  • Class-specific forums
  • Rune Knight skills and complaints
  • Warlock skills and complaints
  • Sorcerer skills and complaints
  • Mechanic skills and complaints
  • Archbishop skills and complaints
  • Shadow Chaser skills and complaints
  • etc

The GMs do not want to do this because it makes the forums look bad.

#78 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

Okay, apparently the GMs have added a new npc that sells all the armors you can enchant (most of which were already available) and they didn't announce it. Oh, look KvM and BG armor! But umm, what about the rest of the KvM/BG gear? And the weapons?? We've been asking for them so we can test them out, and they only make the armor available? What the hell -____-

I am disappointed face :wah:

#79 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

By the way, what is this enchanting thing?

#80 Wosungree

Wosungree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Any chance for MVP cards to get added to the npcs?

#81 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

By the way, what is this enchanting thing?

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hidden_Enchant

If the GMs are going to add MVP cards (which I doubt), it would probably be at the very end of testing. I doubt we could properly test anything with everyone having a GTB...

#82 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Oh, yeah, I know what that is, the NPC was rambling something about a skill when I talked to it last, which is why I asked.

#83 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

There's no black marketeer at the morroc pub (top left morroc).

Nevermind, found him at the Assassins guild pub.
Still, it would be nice to have the exact location/co-ords and not waste like an hour looking for an npc to TEST.

Tested: Buying shop works fine, but only allows for misc/consumable items.
Its also tied to your weight limit so you can't ask to buy things that would set you overweight.

I like this function at 500z a shop.

Edited by Dray, 22 September 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#84 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

-Added quest to learn the 'Open Buying Store' at the Alberta Merchants Guild. Non-Merchants can get a consumable from the Black Marketeer at the Morroc Pub that allows them to open a similar Buying Store.

Awesome! http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/029.gif

To anyone who wants to know the location of the black marketeer NPC: Enter the portal in Morroc near (45, 106), go down the stairs, then through another portal. The NPC will be opposite you.

Edited by richard, 22 September 2010 - 12:43 PM.

#85 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

I'm just wondering if those of us who cannot dissect the client and patcher on a regular basis could be kept a little bit more up to date on some of the changes as they're implemented?

I've noticed some things are sort of sneaking in, which makes it confusing to report things, as I'll report something as bugged, and then it gets fixed but never mentioned, I never see the mention, and so I assume it is still bugged, as I'm not going to repeatedly test all my skills each time there is an update.

For instance, I reported early on that you were required to have equipped a Suicidal Device and a Flamethrower to use the respective skills associated with them, but this was changed at some point (Hovering Booster still requires that it be equipped btw).

Basically, could we just be informed of everything that is fixed?

Or have the versions of renewal been changing, and these are side-effects of that? If that is true, could we be told what version of renewal is being used, and how it differs from a previous version?

Thanks.

#86 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm just wondering if those of us who cannot dissect the client and patcher on a regular basis could be kept a little bit more up to date on some of the changes as they're implemented?

I've noticed some things are sort of sneaking in, which makes it confusing to report things, as I'll report something as bugged, and then it gets fixed but never mentioned, I never see the mention, and so I assume it is still bugged, as I'm not going to repeatedly test all my skills each time there is an update.

For instance, I reported early on that you were required to have equipped a Suicidal Device and a Flamethrower to use the respective skills associated with them, but this was changed at some point (Hovering Booster still requires that it be equipped btw).

Basically, could we just be informed of everything that is fixed?

Or have the versions of renewal been changing, and these are side-effects of that? If that is true, could we be told what version of renewal is being used, and how it differs from a previous version?

Thanks.

I get the impression they can't really. The Korean staff is probably like "Here, use this new server software, it'll fix your problems" and then when players report that things change the GMs are just as confused. :)

#87 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

So what exactly IS the modified drop rate now? >.>

#88 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

So what exactly IS the modified drop rate now? >.>

Curious about this, too. Anybody got the stats on it?

EDIT: Also re: the drop penalty, is there a possibility of having plants not be affected by it at all? Since plants are level 1 and have 99 def, and newbie players and max level players hunt them with pretty much the same effectiveness, it seems silly to apply a drop penalty to them. Especially since they spawn on very high level maps as well as very low level maps. Being level > 31 penalizing your plant drops just seems silly when everyone needs those items and they're not exclusive to the low-level maps we're trying to discourage high level players from farming.

I suppose a compromise would be scaling plant levels to match the average level of the map, forcing players to farm plants on the same maps they'd use for leveling (since that seems to be the whole goal of the system).

Edited by TheGuindo, 26 September 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#89 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

^ Wait. Wait wait wait. Wait. PLANTS are effected by this?

FSDFSDFS

If MVPs aren't effected, why not un-nerf it for plants too? For crying out loud...

#90 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

I know they were affected by it on the old system. I spent a couple hours trying to hunt red bloods on red mushrooms with a level 17 thief and got one. In two hours. When it naturally has a 10% drop rate. So, yeah, they were affected.

It seems ridiculous to include plants when blue herb farming is absolutely vital for high level players who WoE.

#91 Tyre

Tyre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Curious about this, too. Anybody got the stats on it?

EDIT: Also re: the drop penalty, is there a possibility of having plants not be affected by it at all? Since plants are level 1 and have 99 def, and newbie players and max level players hunt them with pretty much the same effectiveness, it seems silly to apply a drop penalty to them. Especially since they spawn on very high level maps as well as very low level maps. Being level > 31 penalizing your plant drops just seems silly when everyone needs those items and they're not exclusive to the low-level maps we're trying to discourage high level players from farming.

I suppose a compromise would be scaling plant levels to match the average level of the map, forcing players to farm plants on the same maps they'd use for leveling (since that seems to be the whole goal of the system).

Heim himself tested killing red plants and said it didn't seem have a drop penalty for plants... but this info about red bloods is strange. Even with the drop penalty you should still have a 5% chance to get them. You have some of the worst luck ever! How many mushrooms did you kill exactly? and how many mushroom spores did you end up with as well? This kind of info is important to making it a real study... ... not that I'm doubting you, it's just if you killed 50 mushrooms in an hour then you should have gotten 5 or 2~3 .... and if you killed 500 mushrooms in an hour then it makes a huge difference on how many should have been obtained. Also, maybe the info on the drop rate of red blood is wrong (and it's 1% rather than 10%)... which is why it's important to know how many mushroom spores and poisen spores you got as well... if I have time to test it later I will...

PS I agree that it's rediculous for plants to be affected by it, I'm just not totaly convinced that they are... yet x.x...

Edited by Tyre, 26 September 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#92 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

I didn't take down the information on it when I did it unfortunately and I don't remember, but about half the time I would kill them and get NO drop, which is about right for a 50% penalty (since their common drop - the spores - would be knocked down under 50%). I was doing it on the map north of culverts, at that little pond area to the south-southwestish, and making rounds as soon as they respawned. (Kill all 8 or so, go sit by the first one I killed, wait 'til it respawned, then go kill all 8 or so again.) I don't know the spawn time on them, but you can probably use that to figure out how many I went through in two hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users