Soul Destroyer dilemma~ - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Soul Destroyer dilemma~

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

So I've just recently 99ed my first EVER assassin (probably 4 years old) and after a long and tedious research, I found that Soul Destroyer has been nerfed way down since renewal. My question is; Does anyone know how the formula work for SD now thats LEGIT? Other websites all say different things like it depends on INT then MATK then INT again... It will also help if anyone can give me tips on being a SinX. I plan to reset on Gx anyway because I just REALLY want to use SD like a bawss. Gears and Stats advice will be awesome too XD (ps Im low zeny)

thanks for reading!!

#2 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

So I've just recently 99ed my first EVER assassin (probably 4 years old) and after a long and tedious research, I found that Soul Destroyer has been nerfed way down since renewal. My question is; Does anyone know how the formula work for SD now thats LEGIT? Other websites all say different things like it depends on INT then MATK then INT again... It will also help if anyone can give me tips on being a SinX. I plan to reset on Gx anyway because I just REALLY want to use SD like a bawss. Gears and Stats advice will be awesome too XD (ps Im low zeny)

thanks for reading!!

i remeber before renewal SD damage have 2 damage part, 1º physical(STR) and magical(INT), dex for cast, well the 1º part could miss the mob if you dont have enough hit for it, but the magical part always afect, only physical was afected by element/endow/aspercio idk for sure but i think that int afect the damage by int*5*skillevel, so if you have 90int you do only for magical part 4500, MATK dont afect SD damage, at least pre-renewal, i used to use the build
40+str
90+int
60+dex
60+vit

but remeber this is all from pre-renewal, can anyone else update this if its out of date?

#3 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for replying!

Yeah that was the *formula* for pre-renewal, where INT is the main factor for SD. Apparently its now ATK and MATK because I think theyre discouraging SinX to invest in INT as they dont *benefit* from it when GX. I really want to know if SD can still be specialized in renewal. Anyone know the max hit of SD? I think ins unfair how LKs and Paladins get these awesome one-hit skills (Clashing Spiral and Rapid Smiting) while SinX are stuck in rut as crit dealers...rendering them almost unwated in parties and a PAIN to solo.

#4 silverruby

silverruby

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

my SD do around 4000 damage for single monster. If the SD is an aoe skill it will solve my dilemma to,

suggestion for SD: when in close range the skill become aoe and hit one monster only when the monster is far from player

Edited by silverruby, 20 January 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#5 ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in PvP
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

My SD at level 5 hits most players for around 10-15k, SD stacks with EDP now. So while it was "nerfed", edp basically rebuffs it lol. I only have 8 int btw.

#6 silverruby

silverruby

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

got no zeny to buy edp. Just want aoe for PvM so Assassin Cross can do something in TI party except pulling monster bcoz of our high flee

Edited by silverruby, 20 January 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#7 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Just doing TIs you should be able to get zeny to translate into EDP. Soul Destroyer does massive damage with EDP.

#8 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

This skill Ignore flee/parry/guard, works with % cards and in my opinion need a HUGE nerf.

EDP doubles the damage.

#9 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

if SD is now affected by edp that makes a really good skill for party leveling as a sinx even better if you got strings

#10 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

Thats how you used to do Ice Dungeon level 3...pre renewal just throw an ice pick wind convert and you could one shot with lex :P

#11 ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in PvP

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

This skill Ignore flee/parry/guard, works with % cards and in my opinion need a HUGE nerf.

EDP doubles the damage.

Doug you are dumb, only part of the skill ignores flee, just like with GoH part of it can be ignored by flee.

#12 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Doug you are dumb, only part of the skill ignores flee, just like with GoH part of it can be ignored by flee.

It's not like the pre renewal soul destroyer. Before renewal the physical damage was blocked by Guard/Parry and evaded by flee. Not anymore.

Edited by SirDouglas, 01 February 2012 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users