Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Just make decarding a zeny sink or something. Like only make certain most popular cards be able to be decarded from a drop down in an npc. You can then choose whether to keep the gear or card. Give the more expensive cards a smaller chance to decard and have it cost like 1 -50m depending on the rarity of the card. Like a maya purple would cost like 50m to decard at say like 25% chance. (dependent on server)

no one would use it on lower end cards as it wouldnt even be worth it

I agree with this and also you should do a Zeny sink every couple of months. on top of that.

and you need a bigger list.

#52 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

I suggest reworking the MVP drops start with quests for say 25, 50, 100 of the old items for some new Quest items, make it a semiannual event; So new comers get a chance to get the grand prize if they work at it for next time it comes around.

Eg 100 pipes for 1 Gentalmens pipe

I also agree the MVP Merit badge list hasn't been updated for a while.

Edited by GhostShadow, 23 January 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#53 futendoji

futendoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

In my opinion, on this matter, a simple fix r patch wont do any sort of real difference, if we have overflow of say hoods, or muflers, start taking those items out of the game, anyways anithing bader than eden equips, is redundant, at least if it cant be oced to npcs, also its interesting to hear that the gm team is loocking into that, its 1 of the points of ro i never really got, how it was posible that crap gear was of more value to npcs than good gear, or how its posible that gear from lvl 50 mobs sells to npc for more than gear of lvl 100+ mobs, but well, renewal got over every mob, his lvls stats etc, but it didnt touch the drops at all, so maybe its time to take certain loots out to an asilum for theyr happy retirment but if done so, make sure to take a loock over the npc prices of the items left in-game, also exlude hats hat collections has ever been one of the main flags of this ship called Ragnarok. Btw good job keeping us up to date whit whats going on whit iro, ;-)

#54 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

If you suddenly say that all of those can be turned in to get Safe to 7 Certs, it feels like it would just make the WoE scene even more irritating, with the big guilds growing even farther apart from everyone else, with pretty much no chance to catch up legitimately.

On the contrary, I think the whole point here, with making certificates the reward, is to make it so that average players also have a chance of getting at least +7 or better gear. I know lots of folks still making do with *gasp* +4 and +5.

Slotted gears don't drop solely from castles and MVPs after all. This is an opportunity for poorer and/or average players to catch up, even if just a little bit.

In case you've forgotten, it's still quite expensive to get to +8 and above. Lots of downgrades rather than upgrades occur and add to that cost. Stuff doesn't have to fail or break in order for upgrading to be a costly endeavor.

There are still many players who can't afford to buy massive amounts of safe to seven certs, and some who can't even afford to buy the armor to upgrade in the first place, like Valk, Nid, Diabolus, etc. (Yes, believe it or not, there are players who still can't afford those, despite their supposed overabundance.)

Edited by Dreimdal, 25 January 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#55 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some people just horde things like Chainmails in anticipation of something like this. Practically any armor that is not elemental, unbreakable, or innately adds some special and noticeable effect like phen or bryn has no value in RO.

#56 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

It would be nice if we can turn in these items with little value (in bulk) for things such as Eden merit badges. I find it very difficult to acquire KvM badges nowadays due to less people in battlegrounds...

#57 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

if gear and cards were acct bound i would cry! i got enough stone bucklers to club a caveman to death!

and for the record i really like the kvm badge idea!

Edited by Niji, 25 January 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#58 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

hi! Heimdallr... i hope you dont mind me double posting from a previous post but this is important....

Lets make an analogy of the Ragnarok economy with the US dollar

say... Fed reserve prints sh*tloads of money (this is happening right now massively bec of election btw)
What happens to the Dollar? it cheapens as more paper money floods the market -> inflation happens, dollar gets destroyed, & ruins the economy.

The same thing with Ragnarok, in the case of the HD Elu & Ori, which protects armors from breaking.

Ragnarok economy gets flooded with gears (bec they dont break), cheapens them, pushes endgame quicker to players, and destroys the economy bec of gear flooding...

My point here is this, if Ragnarok would want to maintain a good long term game, a long term economy has to be. one such measure that you guys can do is make the armors BREAKABLE during upgrading...

The armors need to break... (original post sill by me):

I was supposed to post this at the "Ymir Population" thread when it got closed. Well here are my ideas.

well anyway im saying this from a middle class veteran..

There are some things (from the kafra shop) that pushes ragnarok to endgame a bit too fast, id say those stuff should be eliminated...

it was a good thing that RO added bradium and carnium to help further delay from being an endgame. that way, there is a continuation of gears from +9 because the game is currently flooded with kafra HD/E. ELu and ori, that pushes the game to endgame too quickly.

If carnium/bradium protects armor from breakage Ragnarok should NEVER EVER make them available from Kafra SHOP,

But if carnium/bradium is made as kafra item, they should function like enriches as to increase refines success rates but STILL ALLOW CHANCE OF BREAKAGE (or chance of breakage would be lowered immensely if bought as a Kafra item).

i believe the High Density ORI & ELU broke the game a bit, and will destroy the game on the long term. They should have just functioned like enriches too which would increase refine SUCCESS RATES but STILL HAVE A CHANCE OF BREAKAGE (or chance of breakage would be lowered immensely if bought as a Kafra item)

My point is, for the game to really persist, the armors have to break. There should not be any refining ores that can COMPLETELY preserve the armors. If it is a kafra shop ore, it will increase success rate but should have a chance of breakage, but chance of breakage is lowered immensely if bought as a Kafra item. This is what Xelle was talking about. But i'm speaking this on a broader point of view

Ragnarok should remove VIP Boss Summons, its too far easy way of farming gears..

Stuff that people want (like boxes with Rideword Hat) should only be available only annually (like once month a year or twice a month per year Basis). Gears like this is supposed to be a luxury item to begin with. Some stuff should stay rare

I wanted to Rant out why it was so easy getting the new Mora gears, i mean WHAT THE HELl?!? :P

God items seal should be changed to be rolled on a lesser basis (ex. Make a GOD item season, which will allow seals to be rolled only on certain seasons of the year.... or increase number of players that needs to complete seals before rolling, or both)

SUPER ULTRA MVPS: This is kind of World of Warcraft inspired.... But as a challenge to veteran players, I suggest making Super end-game MVPs. WoW has a boss named Ultraxion who can kill everyone in the entire game (not talking about area, im talking about the whole WOW population). Id like that kind of boss to be in Ragnarok, but Super end-game bosses should only be an event basis like only twice or thrice a year, (or can only be summoned at max 3 times a year (to prevent gear flooding eg. niddhog and diabolus armors) And for Super MVPs to have the ability be able to roam/teleport to any map, so they can even kill people even in towns like pront, and have super high HP so people would be spending like a days, trying to destroy that MVP. But that Super MVP should have a timelimit, (for example if that MVP cannot be killed within 4 days after summon, it will disappear,)

what im really saying is...

Ragnarok needs to have some sort of chaos for people to have fun with. /gg

Edited by mikeberserkr, 26 January 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#59 Fijas

Fijas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'd like to suggest a tiered point system wherein gears can be submitted for a set number of points based on item class (i.e. A/B/C/S), points which then can be used to buy a select set of items (similar to Grandma Boxter).

Proper implementation of this system (as with any other) will depend very much on the details; overlooking certain aspects of item supply / demand and game mechanics could produce disasterous effects. Having said that, here are some of my basic observations and suggestions:

1. Players "crowd" only to the best gear, which according command huge premiums. Even when an item is slightly removed from the "best" for a class (i.e. highest damage, largest MHP/MSP boost, unique and useful effects), the item's market value drops precipitously and exponentially. For example, the Hurricane Fury 2HA goes for around 80m. The next best alternative is probably a Giant Axe, which is around 30m. The third alternative Berdysz? 50k per axe. So you go from 80m to 50k within just 2 item "tiers" difference. This is true for almost all items, weapons especially, since it's easier to define a "best" weapon (think TSOD vs SoD/Eraser vs LBW, Carga vs Lunakligo vs Swordmace, Valk vs Diabolus vs Meteo, etc).

2. The best "rewards" for item turn-ins are consumable. This is because it is much more difficult to saturate the market with consumables. For example, GWings are suitable rewards because people will consume them and to supply people with wings will likely not impact the supply and demand of "durable goods" like equipment. On the other hand, Safe to 7 certificates may not be such good rewards because a) certificates increase the supply of +7 gear (which currently have no sink) and b.) the value of the certificate decreases as the number of +7 gear increases, which disincentivizes people from using the turn-in system in the first place.

3. If "durable" rewards must be allowed, the turn-in ratio needs to be high such that the number of durable items created does not create an oversupply of said item and to remain consistent with the crowding effect to the "best" items.

4. Limits need to be placed on what can be purchased via turn-in points. For example, let's say Chainmails are 1 point, Full Plates are 10 points, and Meteo Armors are 100 points, I should not be allowed to turn-in 1 Meteo plate and buy 10 Full Plates. One can quickly see how complete "backwards compatibility" like this could be abused and destructive to the economy. There are several ways around this, but I will propose just one - segregate points by class, and allow those points to purchase ONLY items from the class directly above it. For example, Chainmails get you Class C points, which can ONLY be used to buy class B items. Assuming Class B items require greater than 1 Class C point, you guarantee against those who trade in a high-value item to get a ton of lower valued items.

5. If point value adjustments need to be made for overupgraded items (i.e. compensate more for +7 item vs +4), ensure that the point return multiple is less than or equal to the number of gears required to statistically achieve the turn-in gear's + rating. For example, let's say on average a person breaks 6 gears to get to +7, and that +0-4 Chainmails are worth 10 points each. The game should return no more than than 6x the base chainmail value for a +7 chainmail, or in other words less than or equal to 60 points. The purpose of this is to eliminate the potential for "upgrade arbitrage," although it's probably not a big deal given that there are significant cost involved in overupgrading gear.

6. Beware the need to cater to players who argue for exorbitantly better turn-in benefits to compensate them for sunk costs (i.e. high + ratings, carded items). The cost of carding and overupgrading items are sunk, and players should not expect to be compensated for these costs. Any compensation (as in note 5) should be done only to encourage the use of the item turn-in system, NOT to provide players some return of value on sunk costs.

Putting this altogether, one potential system could be:
-Gears are split into classes, for which people receive class specific points.

-One class of points converts ONLY into items from the class directly above it.

-A significant multiple of class points is required to purchase an item from the next class up (i.e. 10 Class C points for 1 Class B item). This is extremely important because of the premiums players place on the "best" items.

-Adjustments can be made for overupgraded items by providing a multiple of base item points. In general, the multiple should be no higher than the number of items it would take to statistically achieve the turn-in item's + rating. One question system designers should ask is at what +rating is a lower tier item worth the base item from the next tier up? My suggestion is to err on the side of conservatism (re: lower tier items need extremely high + ratings to be worth the base of the next item) simply due to the observed premium that the "best" items command. For example, I think people might prefer a vanilla Meteo Plate to a +10 Full Plate, so even though getting a +10 armor suggests a 1000x point multiple, I'd give it no more than 9x, assuming it takes 10 Full Plate-class points to buy 1 Meteo Plate-class item.

-As much as players support it, try to provide as rewards consumables that do not impact the economics (i.e. supply and demand) of durable items. Also, continue to think of ways to provide sinks for durable items, especially high-value durable items since players are most interested in the market values of these items. If I'm not mistaken, the point of this system is to eliminate unwanted gears AND restore the economic value of rare items so that people feel compensated for their hard-earned hunting efforts. It would be wise to keep these purposes in mind when going about item turn-in system design.

Finally, I'm grateful to be part of this conversation, and I wish you good skill Heim and iRO staff in crafting our new item turn-in system.

Edited by Fijas, 26 January 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#60 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Just make an npc that takes all of the old crappy castle loot and turns it into a new item, and have the new item be tradeable to eden merit badges.
That and update the EMB npc to accept more MVP gear. There are tons of mvp gears that are not included.

Also, +20 food from EMB's would be really nice, ice crystals are stupid to try and collect.

#61 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Maya stopped dropping Mother Nightmare anymore intended or not?

#62 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

It may be intended because with gum it was like nearly a 100% chance to get the summoning item again.

#63 whatispho

whatispho

I am New.

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

lol heim do ley ma nb.. you ahve downs and braindead LOLOLOL the truth right there

#64 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Maya stopped dropping Mother Nightmare anymore intended or not?

sure you didnt just have bad luck? If anything GM's would remove mothers nightmare from the badge list, not from the MVP. make it require a safety ring or something instead.

Edited by Hrothmund, 27 January 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#65 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

sure you didnt just have bad luck? If anything GM's would remove mothers nightmare from the badge list, not from the MVP. make it require a safety ring or something instead.

Mother nightmare definately went back to its original 0.1% drop rate =/

#66 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

The armors need to break... (original post sill by me):

They don't need to break, they just need to leave the game somehow. The item exchange accomplishes this... at least for some items.

Take the gear out of the game = less of that particular gear in the game = lowered supply to bring it on par with the lowered demand.

It used to be that breaking something during upgrading, dropping it on the ground and letting it vaporize, selling it to an NPC, or deleting a character holding the item, were the only ways to permanently remove an item from the game. But now the exchanger allows items to be removed from the game permanently, and doing so without making a noble "self-sacrifice" (i.e. you get something in reutrn rather than just letting it vanish).

There are actually more ways to remove items from the game than there are ways to remove zeny. You can't drop zeny on the ground and you can't "break" it during upgrading (although it does go towards paying for the upgrade). You can only permanently remove zeny from the game by giving it to NPC's or deleting the character holding the zeny. No other ways exist for permanently taking it out of circulation.

In light of this, I can't but help wonder why more people don't complain about a lack of ways to get rid of zeny, considering that there are fewer ways to permanently remove it from the game. Instead, all one seems to hear complaints about is gear not breaking...

Edited by Dreimdal, 30 January 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#67 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

It gets raised from time to time, but a serious zeni sink thats sustainable requires a lot of work. Plus the economies are *relatively* stable, Ymir due to not that much zeni entering the economy (compared to whats already in it) and Valk has probably reached a happy medium where zeni coming in from bots is about the same as zeni exiting on banned farm accounts.

Ygg at a guess is somewhat stable due to xfers from both Ymir and Valk bringing a semi balance (if an item of value is far far out of line either cheap or expensive, someone will exploit it via cross server trading).

#68 AnnoDomini

AnnoDomini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Might I just add that whatever you choose to implement, there should be the element of risk.

Making any gear conversion a 100% chance would result in hoarding before implementation, especially if any little blue birds spill the beans.

Also, the rewards should be recognizably less than what the item would fetch from vending, or else that would kill any chance of players purchasing the item off the market due to their being unable to farm the map themselves for any particular reason.

How you'd calculate both the former and the latter, I have no clue whatsoever.

#69 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

^^ a lot of players who vend items though would argue that some items value is far less than what it should be, asking that the price should be raised. The gears wont disappear off the market, but the prices would stabilize at something reasonable (100k for a MVP equip isnt reasonable) because people would still want to buy/sell said item if only to convert it to something else, like MVP turn-ins now.

500k seems about the minimum people realistically would want to vend something for, sacred mission for example. Below that price it doesnt actually fall as supply grows, it stops being vended entirely by the people who farm that type of MVP, because they have better stuff to fill their vend slots/cart with.

The system could also be expanded to include the "safe to +11" certs for high end MVP gear maybe. I'd trade a red twin edge for one of those bad boys.

Edited by Hrothmund, 31 January 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#70 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Personally, I don't like touching the so-called "brewable" items.

Since the +20 food lucky box... they crashed the economy so badly... The price of beef heads dropped from 300k to 100k, and still keep dropping because there are still so many foods around.

Maybe some of the "crappy" gears [mainly the weapons] should be upgraded to be fairly decent to something.

Examples: Weihna [phreeoni dagger] is outclassed by Scalpel in everything. There is a point here though... A lv60 MVP loot versus a lv130 normal-equip loot. But don't let me get started with the "Mystic Bow".

Look what bifrost made to the Elven Bow. Its price raised from around 3m to 20m. We need more of this thing. Gears becoming useful so people actually start refining and breaking making certificates disappear from the market.

@Safe to 11 certificates:

As long as they don't appear in kafra shop, unless as a A/S-prize on lucky box, therefore only be traded for high-end items... it can be even safe to 20.

Edited by asayuu, 31 January 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#71 Micklas

Micklas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, In your closet, in your head.
  • Server:Chaos, Renewel

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

I know this might not be what you had in mind but perhaps for items like headgear, weapon and shield with visible graphics you could add a sort of graphic fusion option via npc for those who want the stats of a horrible looking item but the graphics of a fancy item.

Also you might consider a system for reducing the equipments to usable materials and an option for enhancing certain items with the raw materials while limiting the amount of upgrades to prevent players from being too overpowered, it would be somewhat like a mix between card options and similar to the existing defense boosts from oridecon and such but influence the bonuses of items themselves. Say, if you have an item that adds 5 strength and upgrade with components 3 times boosting the strength bonus by 75%, useful but not overkill. Of course as you stated you would have to sacrifice certain equipment that is otherwise useless to obtain the materials required for the upgrade.

I don't know if this helps but it seems logical to me.

#72 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Well, make every gear be able to be enchanted 3 times, and every time, requires a new duplicate of the item.

Add enchants from 1 to 3 on everything, like str, vit, crit, variable cast decrease, and so on.

Most of the items must be hard coded *points to socket enchant or hidden enchant* to make it functional.

#73 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

it seems alot of ppl are putting in good ideas about how to get rid of in the future like enchants etc...... but the gms really need to focus on getting rid of crap gear that already exists and maybe lowering the markets exposure to new crap gears no one wants to the market

#74 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

My point here is this, if Ragnarok would want to maintain a good long term game, a long term economy has to be. one such measure that you guys can do is make the armors BREAKABLE during upgrading...

Nope.

How about, they release NEW better armours, purchasable in the cash shop, more frequently.
That way, you spend $ on new armour AND you spend $ on upgrading. Cha-ching!

#75 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Looks like another reason for those mass botters to make even more bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users