Scheduled Maintenance January 24th, 2012 - Page 4 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Scheduled Maintenance January 24th, 2012

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

seems people still listen to all the qq thats going on.... they realised that no players = no item mall

probably the koreans qq'd enought and leaved.

#77 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

seems people still listen to all the qq thats going on.... they realised that no players = no item mall

probably the koreans qq'd enought and leaved.

Wake up; it's the oldest dev trick in the world.

How to soften a nerf:

1. Make an extremely big nerf

2. Wait until your playerbase is pissed.

3. Cut the nerf a bit on purpose

4. Enjoy the suddenly happy players who acts like they suddenly got buffed.

It's hilarious how you guys are suddenly all happy; gogo buy WP. :P

#78 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Server is up.

#79 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

I look forward to the reduction in the monsters HP, however I don't think it addresses the base problem. Bosses are not challenging. Increasing a monsters HP and endurance is a simple method to add difficulty. However, its a low level way to add difficulty. In this game due to its simple combat mechanics its just redundant and a time sink like alot of other aspects of the game. The real problem lies in Damage, defense, and AI.

Damage is high, defense and HP are low, AI is dimwitted. What is happening now is Raid bosses can 1 hit kill characters who did not spend money on the 30 day stat increases and +15ed the most recent equipment. Damage is too high. It needs to be lowered by about 40%. Defense on bosses is too high. Unlike resistance bosses drop damage from melee attacks beyond the capped point. Due to the method used to calculate damage reduction, usage of armor reduction has little to no impact. 50% of 10k defense is still over an 80% reduction to damage. The AI also does not think. Simple math, attack those who have highest threat level.

Slowly its improving like resistances working on AOEs, but the problems created by the devs are expanding at a more rapid pace. They still hate the fact of giving 1/8th the people who participate in a raid an actual reward for spending 3 hours on that raid. They continuously increase the damage of raid bosses to be a difficult match for people at the highest level with the best possible gear.
I wonder if now the devs will make an adjustment to Raid Monster Defense now that they showed they failed math in SCAD/CAD. With their formula when you hit with a crit on a monster with extremely high defense, the damage will be astronomical.

Edited by Cleffy, 25 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#80 k6i6r6a

k6i6r6a

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

Server is up.

TB hydro failed why ow why :P we had 6 ppl lol can we get another 1 pls :) i keep missing them everytime there on my net dosent work :D

#81 Arkangelr

Arkangelr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 694 posts
  • Locationsomewhere
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Sakana.... the prizes Are Awful , whos gonna participate with such ugly rewards :P

Edited by Arkangelr, 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#82 CuSaNgErEcE

CuSaNgErEcE

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

And if my account is unsuspended tomorow requiem will give me the HH from today to deliver my quest cose i have premium + turan cards + 50% exp scrol and no HH so what i will do until next hh i cand do the rest of quest :P(

#83 MasterXtrem

MasterXtrem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2604 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Wake up; it's the oldest dev trick in the world.

How to soften a nerf:

1. Make an extremely big nerf

2. Wait until your playerbase is pissed.

3. Cut the nerf a bit on purpose

4. Enjoy the suddenly happy players who acts like they suddenly got buffed.

It's hilarious how you guys are suddenly all happy; gogo buy WP. :P

Reminds me of skill balance then DNA in mall poped up :D

#84 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

2) Reduce Monster's HP

Normal Monster HP -2.5%
Nightmare Monster HP -7.5%
Dungeon Monster HP -10%
Boss Monster HP -12.5%
Elite Monster HP -5%
Raid Monster HP -15%

Maybe also reduce the hp of the ET mobs an extra 30% or 40%. I know those mobs are made to stand against a 30-45 people party but since we must get xeons for the lvl 85 items in there it only would have sence that those mobs werent so hard to kill. Also, those mobs being so hard is one of the big reasons why the ET raid is so long.

#85 RitaChouChou

RitaChouChou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIn yr mum
  • Server:Hamm

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

yet, no point brackets, you should log and participate too...you were the one asking for pvp events some time ago , so no excuses now :P

hope u were not serious there :D

#86 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Maybe also reduce the hp of the ET mobs an extra 30% or 40%. I know those mobs are made to stand against a 30-45 people party but since we must get xeons for the lvl 85 items in there it only would have sence that those mobs werent so hard to kill. Also, those mobs being so hard is one of the big reasons why the ET raid is so long.

+50kk

hp and damage by 30% including st mobs u want ppl to play they have to be able to kill the mobs first and be able to get items to be able to use ur mall :P. if they cant get it cant spend on mall...

#87 Gariath

Gariath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Update:

Devs gave us some concrete changes on the CAD/SCAD changes they were talking about. These changes will be happening within the next couple of patches, keep an eye on the patch notes.

2) Reduce Monster's HP

Normal Monster HP -2.5%
Nightmare Monster HP -7.5%
Dungeon Monster HP -10%
Boss Monster HP -12.5%
Elite Monster HP -5%
Raid Monster HP -15%

Just wanna clear something up...is Lord Werinuman, Robo Guard, Plugger and Tyrant considerd raid or dungeon boss? Just wanna ask since you have to go NE dungeon to go to LW's lair and you need to go to JS dungeon to reach Robo Guard, Plugger and Tyrant. And also how about the ET bosses, are they considered dungeon boss too?

If I'm not mistaken, raid bosses are considered instance dungeon...Ruinhorn, Biskra and Doom Cheras are considered raid boss right?

Edited by Gariath, 26 January 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#88 WstalemNaKacu

WstalemNaKacu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Raid Monster HP -15%...im in 99% sure ;]

#89 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

Just wanna clear something up...is Lord Werinuman, Robo Guard, Plugger and Tyrant considerd raid or dungeon boss? Just wanna ask since you have to go NE dungeon to go to LW's lair and you need to go to JS dungeon to reach Robo Guard, Plugger and Tyrant. And also how about the ET bosses, are they considered dungeon boss too?

If I'm not mistaken, raid bosses are considered instance dungeon...Ruinhorn, Biskra and Doom Cheras are considered raid boss right?

LW, JS bosses, ET bosses and the like, are all RAID bosses. Boss monsters are the smaller ones, like Ksiphon, Roundel, all those in WS, RM etc. Boss monsters always respawn when dungeon is reset, raid bosses, you know, only when the instance is reset (certain days of the week or via raid Reset). :P

#90 k6i6r6a

k6i6r6a

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

yea i just wonder if jugger will get 10% or 15% hp reduction his hp is really only like DS/WS/RM boss hp just at lvl 85 rather then 70 or whatever but his dmg is more like a real boss and u don't get bound and 3 spawn at a time so guess we will see

#91 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

All JS and ET bosses are all "Raid" types.

Juggernut is a "Boss" types along with the WS/RM Bosses.

LW is "Raid", but the 2 side bosses are "Boss"

#92 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

new maint notes to come in next few mins?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users