#1 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

I do like the name 'Eden Group' that the translator chose, it's quite cool. However, all of the related equipment is still has the paradise prefix (or P. in shorthand) instead of eden. Additionally, the equipment that is numbered, such as P Dagger I, has the number completely garbled and unreadable. So like, it should be "Eden Boots III" instead of "Paradise Boots %#@^".

#2 CainHunter

CainHunter

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSome place hot~

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

These quests have terrible descriptions and could really use some work. Example the first quest given is:

Quest Title
Training course "conquest a desert"
-start

Summary:
You attend training for novice of paradise team.
The destination is center of southeast Oasis in
moroc. you should meet a talking dog in Sogat.

Objective:
Conversation with big talkin dog

Fix the basic errors, make the Summary clearer (one thing that could help is by giving coordinates for the npc).

#3 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

So.. A bunch of us are on map moc_fild11 at the center of the Oasis and there isn't a doggie here. Are we in the wrong place...? Was the dog not implemented?

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Some of the NPCs also have "Para" in their names still. That should probably be removed or changed.

#5 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

They'll never give exact coordinates in game, we need to "explore"

#6 TurrTurr

TurrTurr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

South, then east of Morroc. It's a little above the body of water. You should see a Desert Wolf you can talk to.

#7 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Ah, just very bad directions then.

Fix to "near to the Oasis" or something please. There were a lot of lost people wandering around that general area.

#8 Guest_Holden_*

Guest_Holden_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

The Paradise Team items will all eventually be named Eden Group. The Novice training ground will be sorted out first and then the Eden Group scripts next.

#9 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

A dialogue error:

"[Neede]
And, do you see the gymnasium on
the cross of the 3131FFthe north side
of the lobby
? They always shout
when they exercise, I can even hear
them from here!"

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#10 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:22 PM

I just did the quest to kill 20 Thief Bug Eggs and collect 10 Chrysalis. I completed it and got my EXP reward but the NPC didn't take the Chrysalis, which I thought was odd. Is this intended?

#11 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

For "The training course 'conquer a desert!'-Areal battle1" quest where I have to kill 10 condors, every time I kill one the following shows up:

Defeated [The training course 'conquer a desert!' - A real battle1] monster from [Condor] quest.

Quest name and monster name should be switched?

Not sure if this is true for other quests as well yet, I just noticed this for the first time.
EDIT: Appears to be the case for other quests too.

On a similar note, whenever I use an offensive skill I get something along the lines of:

To [Condor] use [Cold Bolt] skill.

Edited by Ruina, 09 September 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

wording for when using skills on monsters is odd. There are some weird dialogs in both training grounds and Eden group.

#13 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

I believe Boya told me to tell the dog she's "really great".

What the dog actually take was "Dear Boya was really perfect".

#14 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Since changing the order of the variables is quite difficult, they could simply reword the text to appear something like this:

Quest [The training course 'conquer a desert!' - A real battle1] target monster [Condor] defeated (1/20).

Also the quest names of most all the new quests are waaay too long to fit into the quest window.

#15 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

Engrish/spelling issues aside...

There is an order problem here, the desc's and choices should be given in the same order.

Posted Image

#16 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Posted Image

Just a weird quest title here. It has zero to do with collecting feathers, all you need to do is hunt Peco Peco.

#17 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

Having issues with this quest.
Posted Image
The first line is very vague. In the pyramid? I'm assuming it's the first level of the pyramid, but that map is a huge maze :o I spent half an hour combing through that map and couldn't find an npc. I looked through the map before the pyramid too and couldn't find him either, but maybe that's because that map is chock full of npcs. Is there a way to cancel Eden quests? If not, I'm kinda stuck with this .__.

#18 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

^He's not inside the pyramid, but outside. Pretty close to the warp to/from Morroc actually.

Some issues with another quest dealing with the same Daisin man (who is actually named Dieshin Man in sprite and in dialogue):
Posted Image

He gave me a blank object, which is supposed to be an insecticide. It's sitting in my Etc tab as an invisible object (but with a 1 next to it, so I know it's there). When I try to right click it to view its info, I get a Gravity error and the client shuts down.

Posted Image

The quest window has eastnorth payon when in fact, the npc is located 1 east and 1 south of Payon (not that a northeast map exists, but still). The Dieshin Man also said east and south of Payon in his dialogue.

EDIT: Encountered the same problem with the Deliver a honey! quest. The npc gave me another invisible item, which should be honey in this case.

EDIT2: Same thing for Deliver a blanket! quest. Given invisible item should be a blanket.

Edited by Ruina, 10 September 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#19 Maison

Maison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

When entering Eden and then later exiting, it sends you to Prontera. When I was playing cRO, it would teleport you from the town you teleported in from.

#20 darkstar1559

darkstar1559

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Started to do the Training course "conquest a desert" got to the part where he asks you to kill desert wolfs but got disconnected in the middle of killing the desert wolfs. when i logged back in it spawnd me in the paradise building so i went back to the talking dog and it starts his dialog over again and asks me to kill condors again but the quest dosnt apear in quest list anymore so none of the condors i kill register and he just keeps saying go kill condors so i cant finish this quest.

#21 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm concerned that because everyone is doing Helpful Henry's quests, no one will bother doing the Eden quests which is bad considering that they are bugged to hell.

#22 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'm concerned that because everyone is doing Helpful Henry's quests, no one will bother doing the Eden quests which is bad considering that they are bugged to hell.

I'm worried about that too, so I'm going to still do them, and once doing most of a set, use henry to get to the next set (as was intended by his implementation) to test the rest.

An intresting thing I've noticed is i'm only level 48, yet i can see the 55-70 quests, what I have to do and all that, but when I click "accept quest" it says the level is out of range (not the exact message but thats the meaning of it) which is odd, because none of the other quest signposts did that. The rest say you arn't level-suitable when you click on them.

Edited by Tirasu, 10 September 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#23 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

^This. :o
I think I'll stick with the Eden quests as much as I can though. Hopefully I won't be alone. :/

#24 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

On the Lv.[26~40] Mission Board, the client's name is displayed as Dashia in the Collecting Missions.

Spoiler

However, the quest window, the sprite itself, and the dialogue with this NPC all display the name Dasa.

Spoiler

^The description in the quest window could use some fixing too.

Another quest window that could use some fixing that I don't think has been posted yet (actually, I think it's safe to say all quest window descriptions could use some sort of fixing. >.>)

Spoiler

A case where the mission board told me one thing but the quest window told me something else:

Spoiler

#25 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

[EDIT]: the Wormtail hunting quest hasn't been removed from the log after I completed it. Is that supposed to happen?

Another quest window that could use some fixing that I don't think has been posted yet (actually, I think it's safe to say all quest window descriptions could use some sort of fixing. >.>)

Spoiler

wow that's a pretty bad one o.o

I can't seem to talk to Helpful Henry without lagging (got disconnected once when I did talk to him, then other times the dialogue window took a few minutes to pop up)

Edited by inuko23, 11 September 2010 - 02:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users