Homunculus S questions - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#126 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Btw i havent heard anyone talk about the fairy S class homu? Has anyone picked her up yet? I would like to know more about her.

ive seen people with her, she'll have good wind element/neutral element MATK skills, shes second best compared to dieter if only for her silent wind skill

#127 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

mine is still a vani not a cat....he has like 126 atk, 384matk, 390 def, 176 aspd all at lvl 97

I cant really check the exact attack so i could be wrong

mines a cat and it has 154 aspd.. wth happen..

#128 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

mine has 159 aspd

#129 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

when you changed it to homunculus S it automatically lowered your previous homunculus' attack speed. It happened to everyone who changed

#130 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

when you changed it to homunculus S it automatically lowered your previous homunculus' attack speed. It happened to everyone who changed

well that just blows

#131 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Speaking of the painful ASPD drop... does it happen to go back up in any substantial way once homun s gets a few levels? Any chance that at level 150 ASPD would be faster than it was as a 99 regular homun? 8( I keep wanting to give my kitty an awake potion or something 'cause goddamn.

#132 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

its ok, set your AI to Attack Dance it'll help them kill faster. If you have a buff to your attack speed like my Filir did it does help.

Edited by Cubical, 26 January 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#133 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

mine:
Before Homunc S
Posted Image

After Homunc S

Posted Image

#134 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

its ok, set your AI to Attack Dance it'll help them kill faster. If you have a buff to your attack speed like my Filir did it does help.

how do u make the AI to even work for homun s

#135 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

i just dont know what S class to get though. I wanted Eira but she doesnt seem like she can help mvping or pvming the way her damage is now, especially on ghosts. I dont like bayri (the retarted unicorn lol) or the naked little boy in the bottle.

#136 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Note that regular atk on homuns, as shown in status window, is WAY LOWER than the actual atk used in calculations.

There is a strong correlation, but, unlike MATK, the number shown isn't close to the actual atk used in damage calculations. Seems to be 1/2 to 1/3rd of the actual attack. But this isn't new - it was always like that, which you'd know if you watched damage numbers.

Rest assured that the atk-based skills are based off the damage your homun does, not the number shown in the stat window.

Patch to make AzzyAI autocast attack skills from Homun S posted link in sig.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#137 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

oh btw my vani has 133 atk in the window nvm XD

#138 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Note that regular atk on homuns, as shown in status window, is WAY LOWER than the actual atk used in calculations.

There is a strong correlation, but, unlike MATK, the number shown isn't close to the actual atk used in damage calculations. Seems to be 1/2 to 1/3rd of the actual attack. But this isn't new - it was always like that, which you'd know if you watched damage numbers.

Rest assured that the atk-based skills are based off the damage your homun does, not the number shown in the stat window.

Patch to make AzzyAI autocast attack skills from Homun S posted link in sig.

Im using ur AI but for some reason its attaacking and casts something and then it freezes for couple seconds wont move, attk, etc. and then it recast another skill. i thought it supposed to contiuously attk while cast

#139 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Im using ur AI but for some reason its attaacking and casts something and then it freezes for couple seconds wont move, attk, etc. and then it recast another skill. i thought it supposed to contiuously attk while cast

Will investigate, is probably new issue introduced by Homun S. Sounds like it's getting hung up during the delay (I know it's possible to fix this, was doing it with a very simple AI last night). Try enabling Dance Attack.

#140 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Will investigate, is probably new issue introduced by Homun S. Sounds like it's getting hung up during the delay (I know it's possible to fix this, was doing it with a very simple AI last night). Try enabling Dance Attack.

How do I do that?

but yea it gets like stuck and it keeps taking so many hits instead of attacking after every cast

#141 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

How do I do that?

but yea it gets like stuck and it keeps taking so many hits instead of attacking after every cast

Using the configuration program or by manually editing the config file, it's all explained in the documentation.

Regarding the issue with it hanging, can you turn on /traceai, let the problem happen once, and then resolve itself, and then type /traceai again, and then post the TraceAI.txt from your RO folder on the AI forum?

Thanks - that will really help me get that fixed sooner.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 January 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#142 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

i just dont know what S class to get though. I wanted Eira but she doesnt seem like she can help mvping or pvming the way her damage is now, especially on ghosts. I dont like bayri (the retarted unicorn lol) or the naked little boy in the bottle.

On ghost MVPs Eira might be the best... once she hits 116 I think for overed boost. It sets both of your ASPD to 189 ( with ANY weapon) and flee to 500 - and -50% DEF, don't know if that includes genetic -% reducs - doesn't matter on homunculus because it's DEF is all soft DEF I.E. 380 DEF = TOTAL DAMAGE - 380.

Combine that instant 189 ASPD with a pure INT / VIT / STR / DEX build + autocasts ( ROFL ETC ) and the damage you do with endow should be comparable to a frenzy RK while taking -50% damage compared to him while being able to be healed.

#143 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Using the configuration program or by manually editing the config file, it's all explained in the documentation.

Regarding the issue with it hanging, can you turn on /traceai, let the problem happen once, and then resolve itself, and then type /traceai again, and then post the TraceAI.txt from your RO folder on the AI forum?

Thanks - that will really help me get that fixed sooner.

alright thanks. also wheres a good place to lvl at 99? right now it seems so slow at ground petit

#144 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

I am not sure about this but I am noticing that homunculus that made after the balance patch has better stats compared to pre-balance patch homunculus or I could be wrong.

Here are some screenshots of my Vanilmirth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#145 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

On ghost MVPs Eira might be the best... once she hits 116 I think for overed boost. It sets both of your ASPD to 189 ( with ANY weapon) and flee to 500 - and -50% DEF, don't know if that includes genetic -% reducs - doesn't matter on homunculus because it's DEF is all soft DEF I.E. 380 DEF = TOTAL DAMAGE - 380.

Combine that instant 189 ASPD with a pure INT / VIT / STR / DEX build + autocasts ( ROFL ETC ) and the damage you do with endow should be comparable to a frenzy RK while taking -50% damage compared to him while being able to be healed.

Yes - the skills should do passable damage on ghosts.

Who the hell wants to be using normal attacks? You want the homun to do the leveling for you. That said, I think overed boost is the best Eria skill most likely - damage with autocasts should be pretty good (I disagree with your assertion that they'll be better than frenzy RK, but it'll still be good). Her atk skills are lacklustre.

alright thanks. also wheres a good place to lvl at 99? right now it seems so slow at ground petit

No clue, i haven't changed my homuns on the main server, I won't get to do that until I've got a working AI based on testing on sakray (where they've been insta-150'ed).

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 January 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#146 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Who the hell wants to be using normal attacks? You want the homun to do the leveling for you. That said, I think overed boost is the best Eria skill most likely - damage with autocasts should be pretty good (I disagree with your assertion that they'll be better than frenzy RK, but it'll still be good). Her atk skills are lacklustre.

No clue, i haven't changed my homuns on the main server, I won't get to do that until I've got a working AI based on testing on sakray (where they've been insta-150'ed).

alright tried the dance attacking but it still freezes. i guess thats just a bug with the homun s itself

#147 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I hope I'm not the only one who noticed this:

All of the regular homunculi used to have 2 Attack Animations ("MOTION_ATTACK" and "MOTION_ATTACK2") just like the TKs and TKMs, but for homunculi S it's another tale:

Let me explain, as you can see, Lif and all of the regular homunculi had 2 Attack Animations like these:

Spoiler

However, Eira and all of the homunculi S have only one, this one:

Spoiler

What's the issue? Eira and presumably all of the homunculi S are using the Feed Animation as the second Attack Animation, I mean this one:

Spoiler

It may look like a minor detail, but I don't like it.

And yeah, for certain reason the homunculi S are often "Motion Locked" while attacking and such. I don't use AzzyAI which makes me think it's not an AI issue but the very client.

#148 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

First: comparable != better. Although with a ghost element weapon + autocasts it may in fact be better even comparing against a RK with autocast gears just because of the generally higher INT of the genetic VS anything but a pure SBlast RK.

And 2: think of the auto attacks being like the OLD mental charge on Lifs, sure it was a pain to get that far but once you did it was worth it because they could kill as fast or even faster than a vani. You have to remember that the homunculus also gets the 189 ASPD ( beats the pants of any other one even with dance scripts) but also gets the flee set to 500, and doesn't get flee nerfed while tanking mobs.
Except maybe for firebreath ( not 100% sure if that is physical or magical damage or how it will be calced on homuns) that 500 flee can tank everything in thors 1 but slamander ( need flee 506 for 95% ) or hell she should be able to tank ifrit @ ~15-20% hit rate. Depending on how much HP she gets - and as the seeming progression of Lif she should get a fair amount - she is probably gonna be the best tank of em all.

#149 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

And yeah, for certain reason the homunculi S are often "Motion Locked" while attacking and such. I don't use AzzyAI which makes me think it's not an AI issue but the very client.

MirAI gracefully recovers after ~0.75 seconds, my Eira does pause every couple of seconds for that long then goes back to attacking. I haven't tested without the dance scripts but it seems like it can't find the path to the next cell near the monster ( seems to only happen near the chemist OR in larger mobs) then recovers itself by going to a nearby cell and forcing the mob to move a bit.

#150 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

interesting notes about the attack animation...i can see that now too when i think back to my dieter attacking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users