Which Homunculus S? - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which Homunculus S?

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

In light of the change to cooldown (THANKS HEIM!)

I'm hesitating between Amistr and Lif. The 2 have ultimate skills which don't decrease intimacy points. Since I only play casually, I like that.

Lif over vanil in terms of int because of her ulimate skill.

I'd go either :
Amistr => Dieter or Eleanor
Lif => Beyeri / Eira
As for the 5th one (Sera), it doesn't really matter which one I choose.

Amistr or Lif?

Bear in mind that the skills still have a cooldown. So at best, Mental Charge and Bloodlust have a 25% duty cycle.

Also, has anyone tested whether Accel Flight is still bugged post Homun S? They probably didn't fix it, but should be checked.

Lif -> Eira is not a bad choice for an Eira, but the problem is you'll lack an attack skill that instant casts like a Vani has. Unfortunately sak doesn't have the cooldown change, so I don't know how much damage mental charge adds.

Lif -> Bayeri? That works as well, but same problem. Stahl Horn has a cast time (all fixed at lvl 5 too, and can be interrupted), and is atk based - your attack will be poor with a lif won't it? I think Vani->Bayeri is a better choice (high matk, and an instant cast attack skill)

Amistr -> Deiter is a no-go, you need an offensive skill. Vani or Filer to make a Dieter.
Amistr -> Eleanor sounds solid - though the cycle-time between bloodlust-on and bloodlust-off is kinda long. I'm planning to use a Filir to make an eleanor, since you can keep flitting up for a much larger % of the time (100%-33%, vs 25% for bloodlust).

Another thing in favor of Vani's and Filirs - you only have to loyal them once, because their loyalty skills (self destruct and SBR) are loyalty eating abominations and of no practical use - so you don't need to get them, and hence only need to loyal them once, and hence get a Homun S in half the time than if you had a lif or amistr, and hence had to get the loyalty skill (since that's the main attraction of those two homuns).

I'd do Lif for an Eira (assuming mental charge adds the damage you'd think it would).

I'd do Filir or Amistr for an Eleanor (Flitting 1 on in the background full time, since it's the most SP efficient option and Eleanor gets poor SP, or cyclic use of bloodlust).

I'd do Vani or Filir for a Dieter, because he needs an attack skill. You're then debating whether to get Vani (for ranged attack) or Filir (for an atk-based
skill, which will be endowable and damage-boost-able by Pyroclastic later on, plus flitting to improve aspd and damage with normal attacks and Lava Slide).

I'd do Filir for Sera, I think, to get Flitting to boost needle damage, and for an instant cast (ie, non-interruptable) offensive skill. One can argue on this.

I'd do Vani or Filir for Bayeri, or maybe Amistr (I think the higher duty cycle of Flitting makes it a better choice in most cases than Bloodlust, and it comes with Moonlight, which would give Bay an instant attack. Vani ofc would have an instant _and_ ranged attack, as well as better matk for Hailage Star).

#27 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

In light of the change to cooldown (THANKS HEIM!)

Bear in mind that the skills still have a cooldown. So at best, Mental Charge and Bloodlust have a 25% duty cycle.

Also, has anyone tested whether Accel Flight is still bugged post Homun S? They probably didn't fix it, but should be checked.

Lif -> Eira is not a bad choice for an Eira, but the problem is you'll lack an attack skill that instant casts like a Vani has. Unfortunately sak doesn't have the cooldown change, so I don't know how much damage mental charge adds.

Lif -> Bayeri? That works as well, but same problem. Stahl Horn has a cast time (all fixed at lvl 5 too, and can be interrupted), and is atk based - your attack will be poor with a lif won't it? I think Vani->Bayeri is a better choice (high matk, and an instant cast attack skill)

Amistr -> Deiter is a no-go, you need an offensive skill. Vani or Filer to make a Dieter.
Amistr -> Eleanor sounds solid - though the cycle-time between bloodlust-on and bloodlust-off is kinda long. I'm planning to use a Filir to make an eleanor, since you can keep flitting up for a much larger % of the time (100%-33%, vs 25% for bloodlust).

Another thing in favor of Vani's and Filirs - you only have to loyal them once, because their loyalty skills (self destruct and SBR) are loyalty eating abominations and of no practical use - so you don't need to get them, and hence only need to loyal them once, and hence get a Homun S in half the time than if you had a lif or amistr, and hence had to get the loyalty skill (since that's the main attraction of those two homuns).

I'd do Lif for an Eira (assuming mental charge adds the damage you'd think it would).

I'd do Filir or Amistr for an Eleanor (Flitting 1 on in the background full time, since it's the most SP efficient option and Eleanor gets poor SP, or cyclic use of bloodlust).

I'd do Vani or Filir for a Dieter, because he needs an attack skill. You're then debating whether to get Vani (for ranged attack) or Filir (for an atk-based
skill, which will be endowable and damage-boost-able by Pyroclastic later on, plus flitting to improve aspd and damage with normal attacks and Lava Slide).

I'd do Filir for Sera, I think, to get Flitting to boost needle damage, and for an instant cast (ie, non-interruptable) offensive skill. One can argue on this.

I'd do Vani or Filir for Bayeri, or maybe Amistr (I think the higher duty cycle of Flitting makes it a better choice in most cases than Bloodlust, and it comes with Moonlight, which would give Bay an instant attack. Vani ofc would have an instant _and_ ranged attack, as well as better matk for Hailage Star).

This is a full analysis of the stats of both Homun based on Irowiki and rounded on multiple of 5:
Posted Image

I don't like vanil because all his skills are too much random. Instant cast is great though, you're right.

As for Lif -> Beyeri, it was mostly for the Heilage Stange AoE and Safety Wall (which should be based on user's int). The other skills are buff which should be usefull with either homun. As for Stahl Horn, it wouldn't be as efficient with Lif you're right.

After analysis, I think I'd prefer Beyeri over Eira with Lif as Erase Cutter & Xeno Slasher both have a higher cast-time and a lower damage output than Heilage Stange. Of course, Erase Cutter & Xeno Slasher have the benefit to have the neutral vs wind damage choice. Overboost is neat, Light of Regen is bleh, Silent Breeze inflicting silence on the homun is bleh too, but I guess it can somehow be useful. I think I still prefer a good buff, safety wall and high damage output (Beyeri).

Amistr -> Dieter? Yeah, I guess no good offensive skill would make it a pain. I was thinking of going that way for the ultimate tank homun.

That leaves for me:

Amistr -> Eleanor

Lif -> Beyeri

Amistr -> Sera

What do you guys think?

Edit: Oh and also, I don't mind playing 5 mins each 20 mins lol :angry:

N.B.: Note that I totally ignored Filir because he only has 2 working skills (beside the SBR thingy) which makes him less attractive. If accelerated flight would work, than I think my choice would be Filir -> Eleanor

Edited by Drak231, 03 February 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

I'll doublecheck tonight, but i think those stats are inaccurate - I'm pretty sure I had more Hp on my Amistr on sak.

Good point on Steinwand + int - but according to Heim, most homuns will come near 150 in all stats anyway (my testing on sak is consistent with homun stats hitting the wall at level 120-130 - so I think everything will end up with 150 all stats. Even my lif wound up with maxed str). Still, mentalcharge steinwand safety walls would be really durable.

Eira's silent breeze doesn't inflict silence on a high level eira - their stats are high enough to be immune to silence!
Re: cast times - note the variable vs fixed casttimes, and consider the stats that the homuns will have.

Vani's Caprice is random - yes, but it's also 9 cell range and insta, and does pretty good damage.

Why is Filir not in your options? Filir is IMO a very attractive choice. With the delay fix, Flitting is really good, and has a much better duty cycle than Bloodlust, and you can do more interesting things with it from an AI perspective (how about - don't use it normally, but if there's a mob, pop flitting to kill the mob faster? AzzyAI will support that in due time)

Also, you do know that that 20 minute delay only runs while you're logged in with homun out. So if you log out 10 minutes after casting, next time you bring homun out, it can't use bloodlust for 10 more minutes (this will also royally confuse the AI)

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#29 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'll doublecheck tonight, but i think those stats are inaccurate - I'm pretty sure I had more Hp on my Amistr on sak.

Good point on Steinwand + int - but according to Heim, most homuns will come near 150 in all stats anyway (my testing on sak is consistent with homun stats hitting the wall at level 120-130 - so I think everything will end up with 150 all stats. Even my lif wound up with maxed str). Still, mentalcharge steinwand safety walls would be really durable.

Eira's silent breeze doesn't inflict silence on a high level eira - their stats are high enough to be immune to silence!
Re: cast times - note the variable vs fixed casttimes, and consider the stats that the homuns will have.

Vani's Caprice is random - yes, but it's also 9 cell range and insta, and does pretty good damage.

Why is Filir not in your options? Filir is IMO a very attractive choice. With the delay fix, Flitting is really good, and has a much better duty cycle than Bloodlust, and you can do more interesting things with it from an AI perspective (how about - don't use it normally, but if there's a mob, pop flitting to kill the mob faster? AzzyAI will support that in due time)

Also, you do know that that 20 minute delay only runs while you're logged in with homun out. So if you log out 10 minutes after casting, next time you bring homun out, it can't use bloodlust for 10 more minutes (this will also royally confuse the AI)

Heh, I think I've never struggled this hard to make a choice on RO. It's harder than making a skill tree. The homuns seem pretty balanced don't they? I guess on paper and on the field is always different, but still.

If all the stats go to 150 for each homun, that changes a lot of things. And now I'm confused lol, because all the buffs should be looked at more closely then...

For silent breeze, I thought it was a mandatory effect (the way it's described), but it's good to know that it's not.

Filir has only 2 skills, but even then, maybe he's not a bad choice... Flitting is even comparable to blood lust (20% leech at 9% chance is nice though).

I can leave RO open for 15 mins, then play 5 mins, etc. I guess I'd be pretty much the only one doing that, but oh well :angry:

As for vanil, I'd take Lif over him.

I don't know who to choose though...

Edit: No Sera, no Dieter, no Vanil.

Lif -> Beyeri

Lif -> Eira

Amistr -> Eleanor

Filir -> Eleanor

Edited by Drak231, 03 February 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#30 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

how do you check the actual stats of the homunculus not shown in the info window?

str
agi
int
dex
luk

?

re: Amistr stats(just evolved the other day)
my 99 amistr has the following

HP:............13,722 (12,349 w/o Adamantium Skin)
SP:................492
Atk:...............119
Matk:.............248
Hit:................348
Crit:.................32
Def:................434 (464 w/ Amistr Bullwark)
Mdef:..............200
Flee:...............210
Aspd:..............168

guessing the ones on iro wiki are for pre-evolved, but even pre-evolved i remember it has like 12k hp, on the site it only shows a range of like 10k-11k

EDIT: forgot about adamantium skin +10% health , w/o it his health would be 12,349

Edited by Helios0, 03 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#31 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

I have a question Doc. When you leveled your homuns in Sak, did you S-evolved'em at Lv99? close to Lv150? or right at Lv150?

I mean, your Eira in Sakray having around Matk 480 (I can't find that post anymore ._.) seems very suspicious for me, IMO it should be much, much higher.

Let me try an estimation: my Eira at Lv100 (in Valk) had Matk 361, in Lv104 she has Matk 386, in 4 levels she made Matk + 25, let's suppose that she makes Matk + 25 every 4 levels, so from Lv100 to Lv150 are 12,5 sets (50 / 4 = 12,5), making Matk + 312 (round down from 25 * 12,5 = 312,5), so she may have Matk 673 at Lv150 (361 + 312). Add Mental Change into the mix for Matk + 80 (IMO this should be urgently changed!!!!) for total Matk 753.

Sadly, the case is similar for Atk: Atk 114 at Lv100, Atk 120 at Lv104, Atk + 6 every 4 levels, Atk + 75 during her levels until Lv150 (12,5 sets 'til Lv150), total Atk 189 at Lv150. Not to mention that Damage is around 4x the Atk (reduced by foe's Def afterwards), making a possible Real Atk 756.

@Helios0 I used this link.

#32 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

My homun was a Vani, and loving him as a Bayeri so far...can't wait to goof around with Golden Ferse and the AoE Heiling Stang or w/e it's called? Still a good 20 or so levels to go for that though...

Kind of a bummer that they will cap out their stats at 150...my vani had phenomenal atk growth and was hoping that trend would continue up through lvl 150 Bayeri. It has so far up till lvl 106, but at higher lvl's it will apparently matter much less =[

In light of the stat cap, I'm actually debating raising a new homun all over again as well since IMO the best reason to go Vani was for it's generally higher stats. I'm not the biggest fan of caprice and it's randomness either...

Anybody know how Filirs Flitting would stack with Golden Ferse(the +aspd/HP/holy dmg Bayeri skill)? If it even would stack at all, it would probably kick your aspd way over the max, which would basically be a wasted bonus. Granted, the +atk from flitting would still be amazing on an already offensively powerful Bayeri...

I'm still looking at Bayeri as my S-class of choice for it's great offense and tank, and safety wall seems like it would work beautifully for mvp-tanking. With a Bayeri in mind, I'm still debating...:

Filir - offensive; amazing aspd and max dmg with Flit/Ferse combo?
Amistr - tank; poo for Heilige Stange dmg due to matk (or would his stats eventually recoup some matk at lvl 150?)
Lif - AoE damager, would have top-notch matk for Heilige Stange but wouldn't tank or dmg stuff very well otherwise?

Anyone know how heliege stang damage works? Is it purely homun matk based? And anybody know how Flit and Ferse will work together?

Currently I'm leaning more toward an Amistr for it's higher tank potential, although it takes aaaages to level those poor little lambchops. Could pop bloodlust and its +HP/def skills and you could probably tank a lot of MvP's without even using safety wall...it would just be there as a backup =]

***edit***
darn typos...

Edited by Chorolus, 03 February 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#33 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

EDIT: forgot about adamantium skin +10% health , w/o it his health would be 12,349

So the stats on irowiki should be about right then? Without the evolved version and the buff, it should be around 10-11k right?

It doesn't matter much as in the end, if the stats are all 150, only buff will matter.

Lif - AoE damager, would have top-notch matk for Heilige Stange but wouldn't tank of dmg stuff very well otherwise?

It would tank with the highest safety wall output :angry:

Edited by Drak231, 03 February 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#34 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

how do you check the actual stats of the homunculus not shown in the info window?

guessing the ones on iro wiki are for pre-evolved, but even pre-evolved i remember it has like 12k hp, on the site it only shows a range of like 10k-11k

You deduce stats from the stupid stat window :-(

Stats on iWiki are from pre-renewal - not accurate anymore.

I have a question Doc. When you leveled your homuns in Sak, did you S-evolved'em at Lv99? close to Lv150? or right at Lv150?

I mean, your Eira in Sakray having around Matk 480 (I can't find that post anymore ._.) seems very suspicious for me, IMO it should be much, much higher.

Let me try an estimation: my Eira at Lv100 (in Valk) had Matk 361, in Lv104 she has Matk 386, in 4 levels she made Matk + 25, let's suppose that she makes Matk + 25 every 4 levels, so from Lv100 to Lv150 are 12,5 sets (50 / 4 = 12,5), making Matk + 312 (round down from 25 * 12,5 = 312,5), so she may have Matk 673 at Lv150 (361 + 312). Add Mental Change into the mix for Matk + 80 (IMO this should be urgently changed!!!!) for total Matk 753.

Sadly, the case is similar for Atk: Atk 114 at Lv100, Atk 120 at Lv104, Atk + 6 every 4 levels, Atk + 75 during her levels until Lv150 (12,5 sets 'til Lv150), total Atk 189 at Lv150. Not to mention that Damage is around 4x the Atk (reduced by foe's Def afterwards), making a possible Real Atk 756.

@Helios0 I used this link.

Evolved and S-evolved at 99.

Also, you didn't read the rest of the thread - homun stats cap at 150, so growth in stats hits a wall at that point - they hit this wall at lvl 120-130, and after that, matk grows very slow (only the part effected by level changes).

My homun was a Vani, and loving him as a Bayeri so far...can't wait to goof around with Golden Ferse and the AoE Heiling Stang or w/e it's called? Still a good 20 or so levels to go for that though...

Kind of a bummer that they will cap out their stats at 150...my vani had phenomenal atk growth and was hoping that trend would continue up through lvl 150 Bayeri. It has so far up till lvl 106, but at higher lvl's it will apparently matter much less =[

In light of the stat cap, I'm actually debating raising a new homun all over again as well since IMO the best reason to go Vani was for it's generally higher stats. I'm not the biggest fan of caprice and it's randomness either...

Anybody know how Filirs Flitting would stack with Golden Ferse(the +aspd/HP/holy dmg Bayeri skill)? If it even would stack at all, it would probably kick your aspd way over the max, which would basically be a wasted bonus. Granted, the +atk from flitting would still be amazing on an already offensively powerful Bayeri...

I'm still looking at Bayeri as my S-class of choice for it's great offense and tank, and safety wall seems like it would work beautifully for mvp-tanking. With a Bayeri in mind, I'm still debating...:

Filir - offensive; amazing aspd and max dmg with Flit/Ferse combo?
Amistr - tank; poo for Heilige Stange dmg due to matk (or would his stats eventually recoup some matk at lvl 150?)
Lif - AoE damager, would have top-notch matk for Heilige Stange but wouldn't tank or dmg stuff very well otherwise?

Anyone know how heliege stang damage works? Is it purely homun matk based? And anybody know how Flit and Ferse will work together?

Currently I'm leaning more toward an Amistr for it's higher tank potential, although it takes aaaages to level those poor little lambchops. Could pop bloodlust and its +HP/def skills and you could probably tank a lot of MvP's without even using safety wall...it would just be there as a backup =]

***edit***
darn typos...

My Bayeri on sak was a Vani not a Filir, so not sure! I assume they'd stack, but haven't tested. Amistr matk would rebound as homun S, probably nearing cap before you got Hailage. Hailage is based on homun matk.

I don't think you're at risk of hitting the aspd cap with flit + ferse, have you seen what the aspd is like on homun S?!

So the stats on irowiki should be about right then? Without the evolved version and the buff, it should be around 10-11k right?

I wouldn't trust iwiki's stats.

#35 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Also, you didn't read the rest of the thread - homun stats cap at 150, so growth in stats hits a wall at that point - they hit this wall at lvl 120-130, and after that, matk grows very slow (only the part effected by level changes).

So the Stats are already capping at 150? those're bad news for me since it'll hinder the full potential of every homun S. And yeah I did read that part, and I had presumed that the cap would be applied when reaching Lv150.

I still say they aren't good news for me.

You deduce stats from the stupid stat window :-(

Stats on iWiki are from pre-renewal - not accurate anymore.

I already said I used this link. I even edited the wiki as "Renewal Calculations" section. Or they're still wrong?

Edited by NeoNilox, 03 February 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#36 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

thanks for the link :angry: im blind sometimes @_@;

so according to that my amistr's stats are:

Posted Image

be interesting to see the different variations in lvl 99 stats for other Amistr evolved and non evolved , recent and pre-renewal, etc

so with the 150 stat cap does this mean its vit wont go much higher? i remember hearing some 150 amistr's with much much higher HP

Edited by Helios0, 03 February 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#37 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

So the Stats are already capping at 150? those're bad news for me since it'll hinder the full potential of every homun S. And yeah I did read that part, and I had presumed that the cap would be applied when reaching Lv150.

I still say they aren't good news for me.

I already said I used this link. I even edited the wiki as "Renewal Calculations" section. Or they're still wrong?

Ah, i didn't see the first link, and didn't realize someone had updated the wiki. Still, you cited figures for average hp/sp - where did those come from?

so with the 150 stat cap does this mean its vit wont go much higher? i remember hearing some 150 amistr's with much much higher HP

Vit does not effect homunculus HP. Vit effects recovery from Aid Pot, and status resistance, and vit def/mdef - stuff like that. But not max hp, that's done separately.

#38 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

[...]

It (Lif) would tank with the highest safety wall output :Emo_21:

How does safety wall change with Lif? Is it int/matk based or something?

My Bayeri on sak was a Vani not a Filir, so not sure! I assume they'd stack, but haven't tested. Amistr matk would rebound as homun S, probably nearing cap before you got Hailage. Hailage is based on homun matk.

I don't think you're at risk of hitting the aspd cap with flit + ferse, have you seen what the aspd is like on homun S?!

Ah, might have to test it out myself then...though it'll be a while till I 99/loyal another birdy. At least they lvl fast so long as you can keep them alive :angry:

As for aspd, yeah...I've noticed the Homun S attack speed is pretty abyssmal, currently 162 at lvl 104 when it used to be 177 =/

Was hoping that would grow closer to 170-175 by the time he was 150. Anyone know how high Homunc S base aspd will wind up capping at?

***edit***
to prevent double post =p

So I went ahead and re-rolled an Amistr...will miss my Bayeri, hope the little monkey-butt lvl's fast! Will see how he turns out. Also switched from vani to filir on my alt Baby Alch, so will see if I can get her to Bayeri as well...lots of mind numbing ant eggs ahead of me... :Emo_21:

Edited by Chorolus, 03 February 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#39 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

How does safety wall change with Lif? Is it int/matk based or something?

Yes, according to the wiki (and I made some test to see if it was either maxhp based (rumor when beginning of renewal) or int based and it's definitly int-based): 7000 * (1 + 0.1 * Job level / 50) + 300 * Skill level + 65 * INT + Maximum SP

Edited by Drak231, 03 February 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#40 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Yes, according to the wiki (and I made some test to see if it was either maxhp based (rumor when beginning of renewal) or int based and it's definitly int-based): 7000 * (1 + 0.1 * Job level / 50) + 300 * Skill level + 65 * INT + Maximum SP

Ah, I see. Lif might pull ahead, but since Int on most 150 homunc would be capped out (except maybe for Amistr since their int is so low), wouldn't it be based more on their Max SP instead? If that's the case, Filir might be pretty good...I seem to remember all of mine having a huge SP pool even compared to my Vani's...odd since their matk and SP Regen is always so much lower :angry:

#41 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Amistr bulwark's after cast delay is not indicated in the wiki, how much is it?

The best I can tell from mine, this skill lasts 20 seconds and 10 seconds after it wears off you can cast again. That would be a 30 second delay.

I have an Amistr and plan to go unicorn. I'm curious, does Blood Lust and Stan Wand stack (1200% single target)? That would be sweet HP recovery!

#42 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Ah, I see. Lif might pull ahead, but since Int on most 150 homunc would be capped out (except maybe for Amistr since their int is so low), wouldn't it be based more on their Max SP instead? If that's the case, Filir might be pretty good...I seem to remember all of mine having a huge SP pool even compared to my Vani's...odd since their matk and SP Regen is always so much lower :angry:

Weird, because the max sp is based on level and int. At least, for non-homunculus (but it should be the same). Also, Lif has a skill which give a bonus 60 int (ultimate skill) which would bot give more sp and inrease the wall's durability.

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I doubt that bloodlust works with skills, but can't test it, since sak doesn't have the delay fix and my amistr on sak was turned into a deiter anyway - Also, it's Stahl Horn (Steel Horn) as the attack skill, Steinwand is safetywall.

Weird, because the max sp is based on level and int. At least, for non-homunculus (but it should be the same). Also, Lif has a skill which give a bonus 60 int (ultimate skill) which would bot give more sp and inrease the wall's durability.

MAX HP/SP ON HOMUN DOES NOT DEPEND ON STATS. HP/SP GROWTH is INDEPENDENT of STAT GROWTH!

The advantage of lif is only the +60 int ultimate skill, which SHOULD add 65*60=3900 hp to the wall.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 February 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#44 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Personally I'm getting a Dieter: in my opinion homunculus are for support and not damage dealers, neither in PvM or WoE.

-10% Damage reduction, I like it.
+200 weapon attack? Lovely! I think it should be possible to use a converter and change between elements -anyone who can test?

I would go for the unicorn, but the skills are interruptible...so sad :(

Edited by Uyuni, 06 February 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#45 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Personally I'm getting a Dieter: in my opinion homunculus are for support and not damage dealers, neither in PvM or WoE.

-10% Damage reduction, I like it.
+200 weapon attack? Lovely! I think it should be possible to use a converter and change between elements -anyone who can test?

I would go for the unicorn, but the skills are interruptible...so sad :(

I was debating Deiter, but was thinking that a derpicorn could probably be a better tank for bombing/CC'ing with its +60% HP skill(Folden Ferse) as well as Safety Wall...though that Deiter +atk skill is pretty sexy too. Anyone able to test that skill with CC and/or Acid Bomb yet to see how much dmg it can add? Please include gears if you can put forth some damage numbers =]

#46 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

60% extra HP is an excellent option too! But... when you cast the skill, you get your max HP with an extra 60%, what about your current HP? Also to 100%? If not... not that great.

Also, what about the re-use delay for that skill?

#47 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

If Sakray offered a better way to instantly increase the intimacy (or something like that), I'd try all of those skills and I'd implement'em in my MirAI hack, I don't like to "blindly" implement'em. Yeah I may fill the iW with some of my findings. But in the current situation... :(.

As I can read at iW, Angriffs Modus does increase the homun's Max HP but... it seems to drain it too (-100HP/sec, may die), so does its SP (-20 SP/sec). It may not be very meaningful but still...

#48 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

I remade an Amistr to graduate to Bayeri once I 99/loyal him again...can't wait to get him to S-class again! :omg:

My main concern with using an Amistr base type is that his matk/int/mdef/SP won't grow enough by the time he's 150...but I suppose we'll see how it goes and if it approaches the afore-mentioned 150-stat cap. Since Heilage Stange (I spelled it right that time!) is matk-based...I want him to have enough int/matk to actually use it :P

Some misinformation out there on Homunc S I think, I've found a handful of websites that all have varying descriptions for the S-skills...but I'm looking at the skills here:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Homunculus_S

Goldene Ferse is the +60% HP skill. I've no idea what it will do to your current HP, but I imagine it will scale up so you're at the same %-worth of HP with the higher Max HP... I don't have the skill to test yet though. I don't think it has a cast delay either, unlike Flitting. Sounds like a pretty amazing deal to me!

The +atk skill(Angriffs Modus, below) that Bayeri gets seems like it wouldn't really be quite as worth using as it drains a lot of HP as it goes, and might completely deplete your SP(at L5 with 90sec cast time, -20 SP/sec it will effectively cost 80 + 20*90 = 1880 SP...OUCH! ...however popping that and then Bloodlust could be interesting...

For reference(pasted from irowiki and pencil-whipped a bit):

Goldene Ferse(L5) :
+60% HP, +26% ASPD, 12% chance of holy dmg while attacking, and lasts 90 seconds for 80 SP

Angriffs Modus(L5):
+150 atk, +25% HP, -130 Def, -140 flee, lasts 90 seconds for 80 SP

*Burns 100 HP/20 SP every second and the homunc can die from this effect. The skill will cancel once SP reaches 0.

I looked up that Deiter +attack skill and it looks pretty nice too, but only if you have an unbreakable weapon imho:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Pyroclastic

(Homunculus Level) + 50 Atk to both player and homunc, has a chance of casting hammerfall when you attack but will break your weapon when it ends.

Edited by Chorolus, 07 February 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#49 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Maybe it's just me but couldn't u just unequipped your weapon before duration ends? <_>

Also, MAN it's hard to choose now! Freaking more balanced Homus makes making a decision so much harder! I still think I'm going Vani for sure then Dieter or Derpicorn...hmmmm

Edited by Skotios, 16 February 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#50 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

It really is a close match.... Here's some long rambling on the topic.

Dieter I think is a WoE powerhouse. Pyroclastic should increase damage of genetic skills, and granitic armor for defense, and volcanic ash on the door when precasting. With a decent aoe attack (whenever we get it reenabled), these will be a solid choice in WoE for sure. This begs for a Vani for first form, because it otherwise would have no ranged attack.

Eira is an interesting one - her skills don't do as much damage as other homun S skills, however, they can be elemental (always a plus). Overed boost eats the owner's SP, and sets hunger to 1 - this makes it very easy to gain loyalty on them, but also means you'll be drinking SP pots (but do you really care? you'll be using it in woe to ignore agidown effects and break emp, worth the cost.) Or you'll be using it to loyal the homun in town, to regen the loyalty used to fuel ray of regen. How good ray of regen is really depends on how far back it sets the loyalty. If it goes to the top of neutral, it's great, if it goes to the bottom, it's useless. For pvm, the big question is whether mental charge boosts the damage of the magic attacks like we think it does - if so, that favors using a lif for this, as the damage increase would be sizable, and because the other homuns have little to offer her (Bloodlust is physical, flitting is physical, she already has ranged magic so doesn't need caprice). Silent Breeze will not silence the Eira once her int is >100.

Derpicorns are a solid mix, with a few notable flaws. Stahl horn of course does excellent damage, and is ranged - unfortunately, that's a 1 second fixed, interruptable cast time! The pushback also leaves it inclined to posbug monsters. Hailenge Star is a nice AoE skill - damage will be in the 7-8k range vs defenseless targets. The buffs are both solid. And then, there's the safety-wall-on-a-string aspect. I'm not sure how useful this safetywall will be - it could be quite an asset though. I'd make it out of a filir, I think, not a vani - Stahl Horn's biggest weakness is that it's interruptable, making it suited for a chase skill, but not an attack skill - that's where moonlight would come in - and moonlight would be effected by the offensive homun S buff as well, while flitting would increase the damage of stahl horn.

Sera is the MVP'ers homun S. Painkiller for endure and massive damage reduction. Needle of paralyze is said to work on bosses. Whether it tele's them like fiber or keeps them locked in place like ankle snare, this would be a useful skill (assuming, of course, that it works on bosses). Poison mist is afaiac a nuisance skill for woe, and not much more, though it looks neat. Might be most useful on afk leveling, set it to cast that at the feet of the owner, so it aggros anything that approaches owner onto homun instead of owner. Summon legion is damned cool, but the AI on the bugs is lousy, and in my initial testing, they frequently got bugged and wouldn't move to new targets. It's not clear if the AI can prevent that - I hope it can - but i'm still unconvinced of the practicality of the legion. I'm not sure what i'd turn into a Sera - A filir (for the flitting, no cast time attack skill, and accell flight) seems like a decent choice - one might also argue for amistr depending on how Castling is behaving right now, for some specialized use in MVPing.

Eleanor is the melee powerhouse. I don't foresee grappler mode being used much (damage is poor), but the damage potential of the combo skills in fighter mode is terrifying. At full spheres, we're talking 10k damage from sonic claw, without using a sphere! Instant cast! Almost no delay! The damage of Sonic Claw actually exceeds that of the other combo skills, assuming a full complement of spheres. I have yet to investigate the delays of these skills - it may be that there's little reason to combo rather than spamming sonic claw, it may be that you can spam the combo faster than a single skill. DPS leaves other homuns in the dust. As for what i'd turn into an Eleanor, i'd pick the Filir, again - why? Flitting, and to a lesser extent accel flight. Sure, we wouldn't use moonlight, and we'd miss out on the Vani's ranged attack skill. The ranged attack makes vani a strong contender, but I have trouble saying no to Flitting+combos. Amistr for bloodlust would also be an option, though the poor sp of the amistr hits the eleanor's weakness (poor sp pool), and you can't use bloodlust much in normal leveling, due to the short duty cycle and long cycle time (unlike a high level of flitting, which you might pop in a big mob, and have ready again for the next big mob).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users