Which Homunculus S? - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which Homunculus S?

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#51 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

I just read the whole thread but I still don't know what homunuculus choose. I want it just for tanking, because I'm a MvP killer. But.. which one is the best tank? Is it Beyeri (or Bayeri)?
And what normal homunculus should I choose?
The idea I have in mind is Amistir > Beyeri, is it okay?

#52 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I use Amistir>Bayeri to mvp tank, castling is very usefull if master it also 10% hp for your homu and you its a +1 for amistir but he is weak against magical atak(all homu are but vanil have the best resist to matk) so dont expect for you homum to tank magical damage, vanil is too OP compared to other homun so if you planned to afk leveling you should choose vanil then Bayeri or the bee

#53 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Eira is an interesting one - her skills don't do as much damage as other homun S skills, however, they can be elemental (always a plus). Overed boost eats the owner's SP, and sets hunger to 1 - this makes it very easy to gain loyalty on them, but also means you'll be drinking SP pots (but do you really care? you'll be using it in woe to ignore agidown effects and break emp, worth the cost.) Or you'll be using it to loyal the homun in town, to regen the loyalty used to fuel ray of regen. How good ray of regen is really depends on how far back it sets the loyalty. If it goes to the top of neutral, it's great, if it goes to the bottom, it's useless. For pvm, the big question is whether mental charge boosts the damage of the magic attacks like we think it does - if so, that favors using a lif for this, as the damage increase would be sizable, and because the other homuns have little to offer her (Bloodlust is physical, flitting is physical, she already has ranged magic so doesn't need caprice). Silent Breeze will not silence the Eira once her int is >100.

Details in bold should be included at their respective iW pages since they're very relevant IMO. And I thought that when Overboost ended, the owner's SP was halfed when the skill finishes, and I had suspected that Overboost would leave Eira famished too (I saw it in that jRO vid). And for Silent Breeze, it may sound obvious but, since she learns it at Lv137 I'm pretty sure that her INT would have already reached 150 so she'd be already immune to silence (Eira gains 1 ~ 4 INT per level up, mostly 3), what about her target though? :hmm:

Derpicorns are a solid mix, with a few notable flaws. Stahl horn of course does excellent damage, and is ranged - unfortunately, that's a 1 second fixed, interruptable cast time! The pushback also leaves it inclined to posbug monsters. Hailenge Star is a nice AoE skill - damage will be in the 7-8k range vs defenseless targets. The buffs are both solid. And then, there's the safety-wall-on-a-string aspect. I'm not sure how useful this safetywall will be - it could be quite an asset though. I'd make it out of a filir, I think, not a vani - Stahl Horn's biggest weakness is that it's interruptable, making it suited for a chase skill, but not an attack skill - that's where moonlight would come in - and moonlight would be effected by the offensive homun S buff as well, while flitting would increase the damage of stahl horn.

Although you mentioned it for some Bayeri skills, you didn't mention that Eraser Cutter's (and possibly Xeno Slasher's too) cast time is interruptible, and it's better to leave Eraser Cutter at either Lv1 or Lv2 due to those cast times (I felt'em as around 0.4sec at Lv1, and 2 sec at Lv5).

Since I have no access to more homunculi S, I know nothing else.

#54 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, forgot to mention that on the Eira skills.

The cast time on them is mostly reducible though - so they should get faster, at least.

#55 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Castling is pretty awesome and very useful, what MvP's cannot Beyeri tank? If there are more mvps he cannot tank than the ones he can then, what mvps can he tank?
I just want to make it once, because it's a hard way to lvl it up 150.

#56 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Castling is pretty awesome and very useful, what MvP's cannot Beyeri tank? If there are more mvps he cannot tank than the ones he can then, what mvps can he tank?
I just want to make it once, because it's a hard way to lvl it up 150.

I have not tested any interactions between homuns and mvps - my testing on sak has been limited to what's needed for AI writing so far.

A key thing I need to check is whether it can recast steinwand when one of the SW's is down, or if both need to go down for it to recast it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 February 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#57 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

A key thing I need to check is whether it can recast steinwand when one of the SW's is down, or if both need to go down for it to recast it.

Please post if you ever find out as this could be a decision-changing question

#58 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Ugh. I had a vanilmirth ready to evolve to Dieter, and I reset it in exchange for an Amistir thinking that Amistir > Dieter would be the way to go for a hitsponge Homunculus. However, I now realise that Amistir has a very low SP pool and sp recovery so uh...

Should I reset again and get a new vanil? I really love Amistir's skills, especially amistir bulwark and castling, but I also am deadset on getting Dieter as my homunculus S. I could perhaps try Filir too for Dieter, but then I'm worried about defenses.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 18 February 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#59 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ugh. I had a vanilmirth ready to evolve to Dieter, and I reset it in exchange for an Amistir thinking that Amistir > Dieter would be the way to go for a hitsponge Homunculus. However, I now realise that Amistir has a very low SP pool and sp recovery so uh...

Should I reset again and get a new vanil? I really love Amistir's skills, especially amistir bulwark and castling, but I also am deadset on getting Dieter as my homunculus S. I could perhaps try Filir too for Dieter, but then I'm worried about defenses.

Homun defense is crap no matter what homun you get, don't worry about it.

I would say Vani (for the ranged attack, since dieter doesn't get any attack skills) or Filir (for flitting + accel flight + single target offensive skill). Amistr and Lif are not good choices for a Dieter, because both leave you with no attack skill.

#60 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

I tried to tell you :<

#61 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the better Filir looks for Dieter. I'd forgotten that since moonlight is a physical attack, it'll gain damage from Pyroclastic, and also, even without flitting, Dieter's physical attack with pyro on is impressive (700's, 900+'s on earth monsters).

Also, the damage magma flow deals when it procs is scary. I was seeing 9k vs earth ele monsters with pyro up.

Also, Yes, Pyro effects acid bomb damage.

Filirs are a VERY good base for homun S....

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#62 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

If you want dieter purely for tanking purposes rather than damage though, wouldn't Vanilmirth base be better? Higher HP and better defenses mean that Magma Flow will proc more often before it dies.

I am curious about Filir though. I re-rolled and got a vani. Might try filir before I settle on a final decision. I have until tuesday.

#63 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I think every single homun as it's potential either S or non S.

In the end I chose Lif because every homun pratically cap at 150 stats and mental charge gives the biggest boost in stats (90 vit, 60 int).

I'm thinking of going either Bayeri or Eira.

If you absolutly want to go with Dieter, than I'd agree with Azzy. No offensive skill will make it hard.

#64 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

I prefer the Amistr and then Dieter, the leveling could be a little more harder than using a vanilmirth or a filir but he still have blood lust to level up till lvl 109 when he get the lava slide.

Edited by Cepo, 19 February 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#65 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

I prefer the Amistr and then Dieter, the leveling could be a little more harder than using a vanilmirth or a filir but he still have blood lust to level up till lvl 109 when he get the lava slide.

I would say that's an understatement. With the ground aoe's being bugged and now disabled for god knows how long (Have to wait for kro to fix it) lava slide will be your ONLY attack skill and you have to wait for it to proc.

Filir or vani are pretty much a must for dieter.

#66 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Is it best to evolve later in levels (99) or to evolve as soon as you can? When ever I check the homun stat calc (the one in the forum on a link multiple times) it seems that its best to evolve after all the stats have been in place at 99. Is that right or am I looking at it all wrong?

Edited by kiryuphoenix, 19 February 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#67 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm also leveling a Amistr to Dieter. Sure most of his skills don't work now but I'm not in a hurry. Since my main is a Mechanic I'll just wait till they fix them.

I like Amistr over Vanil mainly cause of Castling. I would also like to see if Bloodlust's leech works with Magma Flow... cause if it does.. it'll be a one hell of a tank.

I don't want a killer I want a tank. And Amistr + Dieter seem to give me that.

PS: I have a question... Is it true that now most of the Ultimate skills don't have cooldown? For example Blood Lust wouldn't be having cooldown?

#68 Saff

Saff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Restart : Odin

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Kind of a "durrrr" question, but if you're leveling an evolved (but not mutated homunculus), would it be wise to stop at 105 (in the case of Lif to Eira), or 106 to learn the first attack skill?

I don't want to be 106 as an evolved Lif, and miss out or something on Eira's first attack skill because I stupidly passed the level required for it. (Is this even how it works? I would imagine you couldn't pass it)

Edited by Saff, 19 February 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#69 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Kind of a "durrrr" question, but if you're leveling an evolved (but not mutated homunculus), would it be wise to stop at 105 (in the case of Lif to Eira), or 106 to learn the first attack skill?

I don't want to be 106 as an evolved Lif, and miss out or something on Eira's first attack skill because I stupidly passed the level required for it. (Is this even how it works? I would imagine you couldn't pass it)

I don't think u can go pass lvl 99 with out being one of the new homunculus S.

#70 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

I don't think u can go pass lvl 99 with out being one of the new homunculus S.

You can. But I'm also wondering the same thing... I guess you should be able to get the Skill after.

#71 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

So if Eira reloyals faster due to the overboost... Is it a good idea to get SBR or S.destruction on her?

I rerolled to Filir because I wanted a damage dealer type. As much as my Vanil looked cool, I thought it was weak. And personally. I haaaate manual casting caprice's unreliable damage... but this may be just me being dumb and not knowing how to edit AI properly. D:

As my bird is level 1, I have no idea of how the growth will be. But maybe I ask again when the homun is closer to 99ish~

#72 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

I am having the toughest time deciding between bayeri or deiter for my amistr. Being the mvp/woeing genetic that I am both seem to be great in very different ways.

Have the gms mentioned anything about bayeris interuptible cast or is it working as intended and they have no plans to fix it? That just seems unfair.

Hasn't Kro had these guys for a long time now? How do we have next to 0 information on them, like growth rates, skill information and strategies? Espessially on things that need to be fixed that they just ignore. Like the flee issues or the aoe map crashes. Its saying alot about the incompitence of gravity.

#73 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

So far, I'm really not enjoying Filir's poor attack growth. Mine is lv 55 and it only has 63 attack. Every time it levels, I get stressed out over whether or not it'll get even 1 point or nothing 9_9

And yeah, it's defenses are abyssmal. Flitting or no, I still think Vanilmirth may be the best bet for Dieter due to beefier defenses and attack (though I am tired of rolling homunculi, so I'm settling on Filir)

#74 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Actually, after leveling a Filir to lv 57, I realize that for a tank dieter, Filir really doesn't have much to offer does it compared to Amistr?

Think about it. Filir's main attributes are high flee, flitting, and a physical attack skill.

For Dieter, that gives it one more attack skill, but in the long run Dieter is meant to be support, not attack. It also doesn't help it level all that much faster, because I rarely get to use moonlight on my filir because I'm always using dance attack. The main difference in leveling speed is attack speed and hit. I don't feel like hit is going to be much of a problem later on when it's a homunculus S, right? Can Magma flow/Magma spray miss targets?

Flitting doesn't really give Dieter anything more than Blood Lust wouldn't. Also, Filir has a higher SP pool, but Amistr and Dieter's skills don't really need to be spammed (unless you're trying to use bulwark all the time). Blood lust also could potentially allow for HP leech with Magma spray, which seems like a badass combo. I am concerned about not having much SP later on when I'll need to use magma flow to mob, though.

Should I reset and try amistr one more time? *sob* Please help me decide on this by Tuesday maint. What's the argument for filir if I'm not really interested in making it a DPS homunculus, but a tank?

nvm, I'm getting another Amistr. If other people are going amistr > dieter, then I'll do it too and we can all be miserable at lv 90+ together!

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 20 February 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#75 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Amistr > Dieter would indeed be the ultimate tank, but with no real attack skill what so ever (I personally don't consider any of Dieter skills as of attack skills).

If that's what you need (a tank), than I don't see why not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users