#1 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Rambo Mode!

It's just a concept idea (and name), so suggestions are more than welcome.

Since "Game Arena" is now up and running, the concept will be used also.

Game Description:
- One player will randomly chosen and will be against up a series of other players who need to work together; Possibly in a queue of a maximum of 8-11 players.
- One player get will randomly get a enhancement/super fairy of some sort which significantly increases their stats beyond what is currently achievable; This could possibly be a arena spawned item to be placed in the inventory to give them "Arena Buffs" which end on exit and removed if the user did not use it during the game.
- The opposing team will have to work together in order to take down the player under "Rambo" enhancements.
- There will be a 10 minute time duration, if "Rambo" Kills an opponent, the time will be extended by 2 minutes
- Optionally if the member of the team dies, they will automatically respawn in a place where they are unable to participate for the remainder of the game.

Game Modes:

Regular Mode:
- Regarding the number of participants, I would suggest a maximum of around 10 players in total. (The game can start with just 7 players; e.g 1 vs 6)

Possible Hard Mode:
- The player under Rambo mode will have further increased stats.
- The number of participants is increased further.
- Different Time Limit

Rewards:
- The points award will be similar to the Crystal Defenders, but the rate of points earned should be tiered accordingly to the type of classes used.

PvM Alternative:
- If the PvP side isn't an ideal choice, alternatively there could be a Monster type similar to "Rambo" for the PvM.

Feedback and further ideas are welcome :P

Edited by Oerba, 31 July 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sounds awesome. The number of opposing players should be capped, 10? 15? 20? Depends on how powerful Rambo will be. I feel like they will get stun locked badly though to the point they won't be able to move, if that many players are on them.

I'm thinking the Rambo should actually have their buffs removed, and be unabled to be buffed, instead have them receive 'Rambo buffs' upon entering, which have an infinite duration (they will end when the game is over), and cannot be removed. (It will negate buff sets for this person but the buff will be so huge it won't matter much.

Jellybeans, boosters, aruas blessings, sigils of acceleration should be unusable inside (and outside upon entering), we can't have the Rambo out Rambo'd right?

The buffs could actually be added instead of multiplied (negates buff sets). But for different tiers of Game Arena they would need to be adjusted. For 220 it could be something like this:

HP: + 100k
MP: + 100k
AP: + 7.5k
DEF: + 15k
M DEF: + 10k
ACC: + 5k
Dodge: + 3k
Mspeed: + 1.5k
Crit: + 1k
Aspeed: + 100%
Additional Damage: 100%

Edited by Phish, 25 January 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yea, I'm not too sure how the game will go and how many players it will be capped to depending on Rambo's strength.

I was also debating if stun skills should be restricted or not.

I also think that upon entering:

- Everyone will automatically have their buffs removed.
- The Rambo player in question will then automatically recieive the Rambo buffs, where as you suggested cannot be override and removed until the game mode is over.
- Players will have to buff up inside using buff pots / cleric buffs only.
- The game will have spawn that is in-accessible to the opponent to prevent camping of any sort.
- Each starting position of both sides will have multiple exits making it impossible to trap anyone.

#4 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

That be sikkk
NO A-_-
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa

The rambo will be god VS like 100 raiders and champs xD lmfao

#5 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

+1 A new type of game-mode that shouldn't take long to include into the game.

#6 noobje

noobje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

Reminds me of team juggernaut of Call of Duty xD..

Love the idea cause its lots of fun :P
I'd love to play as the rambo then.

Edited by noobje, 26 January 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#7 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Sounds a a fun concept that just would need a bit of working on. I don't think above 5 players is really an option cause of the many stuns.. And the decreasing skills (def down etc) should have their time reduced perhaps? It seems harder to take away stuns (and keep the common tactics most players have developed) then to decrease the length of "def down etc skills".

Debuff for the win tho.

#8 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Waaah ben! I wanna try this out.
If this got in to game, i'd have something more to do then just UW :3 awesome *pawfive*

#9 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

For the stun skill or skills that would hinder the game mode like the stun skill, couldn't you just make that an unavailable skill in this mode? So Rambo just couldn't be stunned. Also there should be another special rambo type costume you could get if Rambo not only stays alive but gets a certain amount of kills as well. Or say he had to kill everyone against him at least 5 times in the 20min(example time) round period.

#10 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

If there are no stuns at all the Rambo could mow down any player with ease and you can't stop it. If there are stuns they will get stun locked and barely move when 20 players are attacking them at once.

For this mode I think it would be fair to make all stuns half duration.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

If there are no stuns at all the Rambo could mow down any player with ease and you can't stop it. If there are stuns they will get stun locked and barely move when 20 players are attacking them at once.

For this mode I think it would be fair to make all stuns half duration.

That might give a problem when one second stuns are lowered to half a second, the game might not work on half seconds. (Not that i'm sure i'm not a rose programmer and don't know the system)

#12 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't.

#13 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well i have never seen the game work with half seconds, it might have been it doesn't do half seconds (i never programmed anything though so i don't really have much to say)

#14 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Most of the game's systems aren't designed to use fractions of a second.

#15 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ah well, that answers it. Whats the deal with the cool down of skills on the Rose Compendium being displayed in 5x the amount of seconds they actually are? Going by this I was guessing the game could deal with fifths of a second but maybe not.

Perhaps just the success rate of all stuns could be halved?

#16 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ah well, that answers it. Whats the deal with the cool down of skills on the Rose Compendium being displayed in 5x the amount of seconds they actually are? Going by this I was guessing the game could deal with fifths of a second but maybe not.

Perhaps just the success rate of all stuns could be halved?

But that could be really unfair to some classes that barley got any stuns compared to Others?

#17 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

It's just for this mode, the Rambo man still will be getting stunned often regardless.

#18 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

What they could do, is that they make it specific for each class, cause some classes are rly filled with stuns.

#19 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

That is why teamwork becomes important. Depending if you know in front what type of class the Rambo will be you can choose your team mates (read different classes). So I think stuns or any kind of skills can be used any time.

#20 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Well, there has to be a some-what beta to know fully how it will turn out to (like all games do).
So it's better to try then judge?... It's kind of hard to imagine how it will turn out to in game.

I mean it's like nerfing something, people think a class turned UP when it's still OP?.
~Need to try out before saying anything.

#21 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well, there has to be a some-what beta to know fully how it will turn out to (like all games do).
So it's better to try then judge?... It's kind of hard to imagine how it will turn out to in game.

I mean it's like nerfing something, people think a class turned UP when it's still OP?.
~Need to try out before saying anything.

I do agree.

But before starting a new thing you have to know the basic principles otherwise you are just doing something. Ben stated the basic principle of Rambo, now the discussion how to fill it in with details. Some will be good, some not. And when there is enough information to fill in the Rambo game mode you just start it and see how it goes. And offcourse not everyone is going to like it and you can't change it everytime when people say so. But after a good beta version you should get a nice version.

This game mode would give an additional drive to Rose. But is it possible to program it and fit in to the game? And if it possible in which time frame can it be done?

I think the most important part is to pick the right Rambo buffs, otherwise Rambo can become too strong. Maybe a ratio can be used between the Rambo buffs and the amount of opponents? With more opponents, the Rambo buffs can be equal upgraded? Just a suggestion :p_angel:. This would mean that you always fight against a Rambo which is even strong in every fight. You aren't depended on the amount of opponents. Maybe as general rule you can setup a minimum amount of opponents? 5 or 10? So no fixed amount as Phish stated.

Edited by GilGrissom, 30 January 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#22 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

But I was just thinking, how did you imagine registration? Cause if there's to little players there's no chance to stop Rambo?

#23 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

But I was just thinking, how did you imagine registration? Cause if there's to little players there's no chance to stop Rambo?

I believed that could be rather easily solved with Game Arena.

#24 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Indeed it would need a system of some sort to restrict the number of players that Genesis is working on.
The ideas are just to float ideas around in-case something might come up that could be used in existing game modes such as optional content.

So far I'm not sure how things could be balanced in terms of this game mode.

It all depends on how well Rambo is buffed up with Phish's insane stats in proportion to the amount of players.
If for example, Rambo was against 2 parties of 6, then of course teamwork is required in order to challenge Rambo.

A scenario for example where everyone is all chasing after Rambo, the fastest or slowest will get picked off slowly but surely.

But by the same coin if Rambo was against a large group, there is the constant stun issues.

Possibly that under Rambo Effect you should get a buff that reduces the stun chance % for example.

#25 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

For the stuns, how about increasing the cooldown for every stun ability while in Rambo Mode for non-Rambos.

Double CD timer for starters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users