Login server issues 1/27/12 - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Login server issues 1/27/12

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#51 Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

yet another fantastic weekend

Today's the last chance for me to play for the weekend, and it's 11:30 p.m. here. fml

#52 PokeMeIm

PokeMeIm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Does GM Staff have a course of action for this string of constant issues with Log In? It's been happening quite often this week and all we've heard is it's being fixed. Can you possibly fill us in on the details of the issue and the course of action you are going to take? Assuming it has been confirmed as a DDoS Attack. Is this something we just have to deal with it till it stops?

#53 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

I went to go buy some food and came back to my vendor's scree with an interesting message:

"Your game time is running out. You will be logged out automatically" and then the login issues

say wot????

#54 shadowraa

shadowraa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone get the raising suspicion that it could be guilds that can't make the Woe1 Woe2 ends meet?

#55 iKazukii

iKazukii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Lol.... interesting posts. Anyway. Get this fix ASAP. :P

#56 gameJ

gameJ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Login server down again~ Plz help us fix it~ Please dont leave us alone again~ We really need it back on~ Please, hopefully so many pleases can help~

#57 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Does GM Staff have a course of action for this string of constant issues with Log In? It's been happening quite often this week and all we've heard is it's being fixed. Can you possibly fill us in on the details of the issue and the course of action you are going to take? Assuming it has been confirmed as a DDoS Attack. Is this something we just have to deal with it till it stops?

This is not something that the community or CS team really has power over, it's the IT team doing the heavy lifting, we're the damage control.

Analysis of the network traffic and identification/neutralization of the source is what the IT Team is doing now. For now, we will all have to wait for the server team to do their work.

#58 PokeMeIm

PokeMeIm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Got'cha, thanks for the response.

#59 manyrabidrats

manyrabidrats

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Locationusa, central time
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

some folks should read b4 accusing the mod team of doing nothing to "fix" it.
if itsa ddos atk, obviously its a deliberate attempt to interfere with operation of the servers.
perhaps not a "fix it" kinda problem, but a "lets grab our torches and pitchforks and go medieval on the perp!" kinda problem

#60 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

This is not something that the community or CS team really has power over, it's the IT team doing the heavy lifting, we're the damage control.

Analysis of the network traffic and identification/neutralization of the source is what the IT Team is doing now. For now, we will all have to wait for the server team to do their work.

yo honestly you can download net tools five and catch the sob thats doin this pay me and ill get em fast!!! oh and i think its a major woe guild cough cough

#61 shadowraa

shadowraa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

i mean seriously oda do you really think "if it is" a possibility that the DDOS attacks could be coming from small guilds to lash at RO. Assuming that it is a DDOS attack and the rest.

#62 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Dont we have an Special MVP Force for this Problem to solve it?
Send an armee of Beelzebub's, Fallen Bishops and Satan Morroc to the cause of this issues, I am more than sure they can eliminate it!

#63 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

server is sick..wish i could heal it..=D

#64 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Not doubting Oda & the GMs, but if it was a DDOS attack wouldn't the forums be down too? Seems a bit strange how only the game servers were targeted and not the site and forums.

#65 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

It was me!! i did it... now hurry up and let me kill the damn lost dragon AGAIN!! :P :) :angry:
"wants more OCA'S!"

cant they just reboot everything... if its only one source its easy to track and deny

Its always kinda wierd to me that someone or a group of someones would DDOS attack an MMO. I mean, whats the point, unless your a botting or hacking group? Not to say I condone it, but I could see that kind of attack on a Government agency or a large corporate entity. A video game, though? Thats kinda weak.

Someone got butt hurt when he got called a noob, so hes proving hes a n00b

Edited by IronFist, 27 January 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#66 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Its always kinda wierd to me that someone or a group of someones would DDOS attack an MMO. I mean, whats the point, unless your a botting or hacking group? Not to say I condone it, but I could see that kind of attack on a Government agency or a large corporate entity. A video game, though? Thats kinda weak.

#67 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Not doubting Oda & the GMs, but if it was a DDOS attack wouldn't the forums be down too? Seems a bit strange how only the game servers were targeted and not the site and forums.

I would assume it's because there's a difference between their webhost and the dedicated servers for the game.

#68 Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

I think game and forum servers are something different. I'd think of it as stupid if you'd run both on the same server

#69 LordAddamisk

LordAddamisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Well everyone just needs to wait it Out... Poor Oda cant work mircles soo u gotta be patient. all we can Hope for is compensation Like D exp and maybe some cool Events!!! :P Soo on that note anyone kno any cool mutiplayer Online Games?

#70 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Stop blaming small guilds. Shame on you guys being all suspicious over innocent people!
It's the US government! They want to shut down all the MMORPGs over the world!
Someone go to AnonOps twitter ask for help! They know what to do! ;D

#71 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Well, the forum servers were acting kinda wonky earlier. Maybe some kind of precursor to these attacks?

#72 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

I wish there was some way I could help... I deal with defending against DDoS attacks for my job.

#73 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Anyone got that message?

Posted Image

I'm VIP.

Edited by MegaEdge, 27 January 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#74 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think pretty much everyone who was still connected got that error.

#75 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Not again~ :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users