[Ymir] Zone 3 is down again - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

[Ymir] Zone 3 is down again

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

Please fix this

#2 MarshalBanana

MarshalBanana

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:All of them!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

We are looking into it.

#3 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

We are looking into it.

http://www.mmoserver...ragnarok_online 40 mins

Its not another DDoS attack again, why would it just be 1 zone

Edited by Ali0510, 29 January 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

Orc Dungeon is in zone 3, and my guildmate noticed it always happens just shortly after he takes his genetic down there. our suspicion is that it has something to do with the AI of the new Homun S. The genetic has already sent in a ticket about it, and hopefully something can be answered about it.

#5 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Orc Dungeon is in zone 3, and my guildmate noticed it always happens just shortly after he takes his genetic down there. our suspicion is that it has something to do with the AI of the new Homun S. The genetic has already sent in a ticket about it, and hopefully something can be answered about it.

The AI of an Homunculus (let it be the standart AI or an custom AI) will never interfere with the Server or bug/ crash it in any possible way. The AI only tells the Homunculus what to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dont try to blame Dr. Azzy for the crashes :P

#6 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

and guess what happened after he sent the ticket to help the gms? his main VIP account got "temporarly suspended, for investigation purposes only" .

what do you learn from that?
NEVER help / Inform the gms unless you want to get banned.

#7 pazookie2

pazookie2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Doesn't make sense to suspend the account of someone trying to help. Hope there's reimbursement for VIP time lost, and missed dragon helm quests.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Please unban ^

That was his main woe/mvp account.

#9 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Is he still banned xD?

Even the GM's should be able to understand that an CUSTOM AI that only affects the personal computer Can never affect the Server in any way!

Probably they should take care about those ,,Moonlight" Clown/ Gypsy pusher that are pushing people between them causing an loop and ~ :p_angel:

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

He is unbanned, but it is indeed the AI that is crashing the server, though the GMs still disagree.

#11 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

He is unbanned, but it is indeed the AI that is crashing the server, though the GMs still disagree.

So explain me how an AI that DOES NOT interfere with the Server can crash it :p_angel:?
Thats like if my simple thoughts are enough to make an bomb explode at washington D.C. :-)

#12 pazookie2

pazookie2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

So explain me how an AI that DOES NOT interfere with the Server can crash it :p_angel:?
Thats like if my simple thoughts are enough to make an bomb explode at washington D.C. :-)

The AI interacts with the zone servers through the game client. Buggy client/server interactions could cause the server to crash. Since Homunculus S is new anyway, it's very possible that the server is not handling all exceptions and just goes kaboom when it receives a command it doesn't know how to handle.

#13 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

The AI interacts with the zone servers through the game client. Buggy client/server interactions could cause the server to crash. Since Homunculus S is new anyway, it's very possible that the server is not handling all exceptions and just goes kaboom when it receives a command it doesn't know how to handle.

But still,, if this would be possible the person would do that on every server for purpose and not only and an lonely server like Zone 3.

#14 pazookie2

pazookie2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

But still,, if this would be possible the person would do that on every server for purpose and not only and an lonely server like Zone 3.

zone3=od2

#15 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

for what purpose would he crash every server

:p_angel:

#16 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

for what purpose would he crash every server

:p_angel:

trolling, being an hole with an ass attached or for what ever reason people doing not so nice things to annoy other people?

#17 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

trolling, being an hole with an ass attached or for what ever reason people doing not so nice things to annoy other people?

did you miss the part where we mentioned that he sent a ticket and got banned for being a nice person?

#18 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

did you miss the part where we mentioned that he sent a ticket and got banned for being a nice person?

lol

#19 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

You also fail to realize, that the character that crashed the server itself is also stuck on that map. In order to maliciously crash every server would take 21 separate Homun S.

A fix to this before it starts to be used maliciously however, is what we are asking for.

#20 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

You also fail to realize, that the character that crashed the server itself is also stuck on that map. In order to maliciously crash every server would take 21 separate Homun S.

A fix to this before it starts to be used maliciously however, is what we are asking for.

srsly, if I knew how to crash the server or if I were that person who does that I would give a :p_angel: about geffen zone server. I would go for Pron or Eden Group cause this way it would affect everyone.

So I do not believe that this is the problem.

----------------
Edit: DONT you post an guide on how to crash the Server! Bad Chris, red card for you!

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 30 January 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#21 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

^ This is why it needs to be fixed, so people like you can't do that.

Geffen had been going down because it was PURELY ACCIDENTAL, and it is the only real place where a genetic would be leveling a homunculus.

#22 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

^ This is why it needs to be fixed, so people like you can't do that.

Geffen had been going down because it was PURELY ACCIDENTAL, and it is the only real place where a genetic would be leveling a homunculus.

I would never do that. In fact I have reported bugs, exploits and other stuff during the past 11 years constantly to get them fixed. Let it be the Item dupes, Zeny dupes, Dupes or exploits during Mail sending, the Moonlight Bug, Trade Bug and even the ,,Make godlike super fast" Bug. As soon as I know of them and were able to reproduce them so I can tell on wich part it glitches or how to fix it I sended in a full detail report.

I have a conclusion about this recently events wich includes an probably exploit of the MVP Summoner that may cause the Zone Server to go into an ,,bye bye" overload due to infinity loop of request without an Player to attach the Variable to.

#23 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Im just not sure how hard I should be laughing at your replies...you may just be trolling or could just be an idiot. Not quite sure yet.

#24 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

nvm what I said, I'll just join them and play the happy Ymir game :-)

I crossed the point where I just dont care enough about holes like you and the fact that CM's are lying directly into my face. This game is done and its only a matter of time till its gone completly.

All I say is that these crashes lately happen on purpose in order to dupe stuff and exploit things ingame. I have reported them but it seems like noone gives a :p_angel:, so why should I?
There is even an detailed guide and a tool to download on how to do it - already reported, nothing happened.

We also have an other group pissed of about the latest changes which ends in rediculous DDOs attacks against the server, but thats their business and none of mine.

From this day on I will no longer visit this forum nor report any bugs, exploits or anything else and just watch and relax when I see screenshots and videos of bugs like the use dragonhat to 100% safe upgrade whatever you want, thanks to gold acidus. I just dont care anymore. Enjoy it.

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 30 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#25 pazookie2

pazookie2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

All I got from that is:

A. Your English sucks
B. My head now hurts

Edited by pazookie2, 30 January 2012 - 05:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users