Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Balance patch made me UnQuit RO >.>

Why is everyone knocking it? It was a huge improvement to almost every aspect of gameplay. After 6+ years, finally GFist gets an appropriate balancing measure. GX's are decent again. CS isn't OP, and HS is good, so RK's have to actually make choices in their skill build like everyone else. Freeze and Stone are back, deep sleep and mandy howl aren't OP anymore, Rangers don't suck anymore (well, their traps got nerfed, but they got decent arrow skills in return).... the balance patch was IMO a huge positive change, and the only problem with it is that it came a year after it should have.

And I say No on merge, and wish the people trying to stir up rumors of a merge would shut the hell up. The response from others is strongly negative, a merge will not do what you want it to.

Agreed on every point.

I dont care, I just want people to actually play RO. Im sick of having 400 people on the server.

Come play valk for a bit. Transfer a character or make a new one, and you don't have to quit Ymir to play valk either. Many of us play both Valk and Ygg now. If you choose to make a new char, I'd be happy to help you out. I've got a 150 AB which is perfect for helping people get started =p

#53 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

We really need to stop listening to kRO and just do our own thing. They are just a bunch of retarded developers who don't even play the game, and even if they do, they just 1 shot each other with their precious Suras.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 30 January 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#54 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

yep we can stop listening to kRO they can pull our licensing and that will be the end of it.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Listen up people and smell the coffee. Have you noticed how long now in Ymir it takes at any time to get a turn in party.
The funny thing people don't level anymore. They wait for TI parties and that's it. If we don't merge and get more people to play this game will die by year end. At least this server it will die.

Ymir needs a DNR order really.

#56 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

For your information, not a single new player has quit. Just ask anyone who isn't me.

might be true. but for every new player that joins and stays, another one (or two) permanently quits. hence the dip in player base.

what the server needs is massive influx of real new players and to keep them playing.

#57 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Listen up people and smell the coffee. Have you noticed how long now in Ymir it takes at any time to get a turn in party.
The funny thing people don't level anymore. They wait for TI parties and that's it. If we don't merge and get more people to play this game will die by year end. At least this server it will die.

YOU wake up and smell the coffee. Last merge they lost over 50% of their population, then renewal came and killed off even more then the crap "balance" patch killed off even more. Oh, and they lost a sizable chunk of population on the merge before last as well. See a pattern here yet?

EDIT:

yep we can stop listening to kRO they can pull our licensing and that will be the end of it.

Unlikely, kRO needs the money from all the world wide ROs. They may btch and beat their chests but it is unlikely they would terminate something that is pure profit. Like it or not they ( and their shareholders ) won't like seeing profits drop from even more RO servers going down the drain... especially since RO2 isn't anywhere near ready yet.

Edited by meoryou2, 30 January 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#58 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Gravity Korea (GRAVITY Co., Ltd) owns Gravity Interactive (iRO, Warp Portal etc) - well, is the majority shareholder etc. As such iRO is not licensed or franchised, but it's part of the parent company and that is why iRO has a little less freedom than licensed regional servers such as mRO or pRO when it comes to implementing changes.

#59 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

#60 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Well... if is population the problem... then let's give an incentive that would make this game more interesting...

What about WoE Cross Servers? kRO does it, why we can't?

That would not only be attractive to old players but new players as well... plus it will bring new challenges and depending on the reward, it will make the fight even more exciting...

#61 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

what is the fun in having 100 odd people with access to 20/10 forts?. Ymir is the new iris :p_angel:

cross server woe would be fun indeed.

what would be interesting would be to have the woe realms common for all the 3 servers.

i really cant understand why some pathetic gutless baddie's keep crying about god items that others have. the game has good and experienced players in various guilds in all the 3 servers.

Hasnt the game provided us with enough idiot proof measures to tackle all god item/mvp card users? harmonize, disables , strips, manholes...

#62 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

what is the fun in having 100 odd people with access to 20/10 forts?. Ymir is the new iris :p_angel:

cross server woe would be fun indeed.

what would be interesting would be to have the woe realms common for all the 3 servers.

i really cant understand why some pathetic gutless baddie's keep crying about god items that others have. the game has good and experienced players in various guilds in all the 3 servers.

Hasnt the game provided us with enough idiot proof measures to tackle all god item/mvp card users? harmonize, disables , strips, manholes...

I think valk (server) to some extent wouldn't do too bad in this deal, but from what I've heard of Ygg WoE (I'll find out firsthand in a week or two when I finish making a char to transfer there) probably 15-20 people from a decent guild on valk server could stop their top guilds dead. If that's the case, I'd *really* hate to see what an older Ymir guild does to them XD And, that's not really knocking their equipment, it's just that the competition on Ygg just isn't up to snuff with the other two servers making them far less experienced dealing with really skilled players, for one, and the average levels of many of the guilds there are far beneath what we see on Ymir and Valk (Immac has 52 people with an Avg level of 140, and we're definitely not the best guild on the server) I heard the other day that 15 people that I play with on valk regularly who transferred some chars to WoE in Ygg, held off more than 3 times their numbers from one of the top guilds on Ygg. I know valk would stomp us if we were that badly outnumbered. And the same thing happens the other way around. Not to mention, they don't really deal with nearly the numbers that we deal with on valk. Immac is in an alliance with effectively 4 other guilds, making up sometimes a force of well over 100 players, and Valk, Smokies, and Cataclysm were putting together 50-60 at least before event WoEs started. Most battles on ygg (again, from what I've heard) are not on that scale.

Edited by Kuropi, 30 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#63 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Why is everyone knocking it? It was a huge improvement to almost every aspect of gameplay.

Agree.

#64 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

It's not really at that stage on Ymir yet. That could happen though with more ill thought out ideas such as event WoEs and changing WoE days etc.

To be honest before all the event WoEs, the actual 'real' WoE population (those people on the WoE maps taking part in WoE) on Ymir and Valk were not that vastly different with Valk having just slightly more (considering the difference in total playerbase between Ymir and Valk.) Bots aside, I guess Valk has also larger 'casual' playerbase that does not take part in WoE in addition to those that do.

Edited by lainee, 30 January 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#65 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

It's not really at that stage on Ymir yet. That could happen though with more ill thought out ideas such as event WoEs and changing WoE days etc.

To be honest before all the event WoEs, the actual 'real' WoE population (those people on the WoE maps taking part in WoE) on Ymir and Valk were not that vastly different with Valk having just slightly more (considering the difference in total playerbase between Ymir and Valk.) Bots aside, I guess Valk has also larger 'casual' playerbase that does not take part in WoE in addition to those that do.

Regarding valk, true story. We actually have a TON of guilds around, many of them with a LOT of people in them that you never see in WoE, simply because those people aren't interested in the PVP aspect.

#66 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

problem is the number of available castles are not being down scaled in proportion to the decreasing woe population.
The woe update would make god pieces drop from every castle , removing the need to hold one specific fort in a specific realm.

#67 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

problem is the number of available castles are not being down scaled in proportion to the decreasing woe population.
The woe update would make god pieces drop from every castle , removing the need to hold one specific fort in a specific realm.

Buuuuuut at the same time, it would also make people never have to switch castles, so they could sit in a single castle for all time and have the same chance of getting the pieces they want as if they switched to a different castle. If all guilds decided to do this (Immaculate wouldn't but I'm SURE there are some that would) then everybody would sit around with 100 econ forts and nothing interesting would ever happen till Immac or Valk came knocking to shake things up a bit. It would be far cheaper in supplies, making it way more attractive (to some guilds) than trying to storm a difficult pre-cast to get into the one castle that drops the piece you need.

#68 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Regarding valk, true story. We actually have a TON of guilds around, many of them with a LOT of people in them that you never see in WoE, simply because those people aren't interested in the PVP aspect.

Incentive , motivation , encouragement to participate would help a lot in this regard.
Eden merit badges serve as incentive to motivate people to get to level.

how about kvm/bg points or badges for participating in woe?.

I remember my self as a casual player starting out in the server there was no motivation to woe as i was not at a level i found satisfactory and i had nothing to gain monetarily to improve my situation ingame. Eventually I did have the luck of finding a good guild where the people actually help build up their team mates involved them in all activities and grow with the guild , making me a loyal member and an ardent woe fan.

But if i did have an incentive like bg,kvm medals i probably would have joined the woe ' scene a lot sooner as i would have something to gain personally making the experience attractive fun and enjoyable .

Edited by Inubashiri, 31 January 2012 - 08:50 AM.
inflammatory comments removed

#69 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Incentive , motivation , encouragement to participate would help a lot in this regard.

I remember my self as a casual player starting out in the server there was no motivation to woe as i was not at a level i found satisfactory and i had nothing to gain monetarily to improve my situation ingame. Eventually I did have the luck of finding a good guild where the people actually help build up their team mates involved them in all activities and grow with the guild , making me a loyal member and an ardent woe fan.

But if i did have an incentive like bg,kvm medals i probably would have joined the woe ' scene a lot sooner as i would have something to gain personally making the experience attractive fun and enjoyable .

That might bring a FEW more players in, but honestly, most of those people are on valk because, #1, they don't wanna spend money, meaning they'll probably never really go above average gears, and #2, they're in those guilds because they WANT a social guild that doesn't care about WoE. Personally, I hate almost all types of player vs. Player modes in almost any online game I ever play. This is probably the only one where I enjoy it, and that's only because I've got the equips to be able to kill people, even while acting as a support class, and I'm in a guild that went from non-WoE, to WoE active, and then on to become one of the top guilds on the server, and I'm one of the few people left from the original guild. I'm proud of that, and I want to see this guild go as far as it can, so I put my heart into every battle in WoE and even pay for our vent server out of my own pocket.

The other flaw to this suggestion is that the rewards you're offering are only really useful in pvp, which isn't going to entice anybody that isn't interested in PVP to begin with. Most of those people likely already WoE anyway (though the few that don't would probably indeed be enticed into joining WoE) Offering rewards that are useful outside of WoE, such as special headgears, or useful items for PVM combat would be more likely to draw people that don't enjoy PVP into WoE. But then, how would you figure out if they just walked into a WoE map? if they actually fought? how much effort they put in? Not only that, WoE already has the incentives of god items, the most powerful pieces of equipment in the game. In the end, RO is a chat client that lets you dress up a cute character, and run around and kill monsters if you want to, but there are a lot of people that prefer to just sit around with their cute characters and talk to their friends. What's wrong with that?

Edited by Inubashiri, 31 January 2012 - 08:51 AM.
quote fixed to reflect edit above.

#70 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I just made a toon in Ymir with the same name as my Valk main, so if a merge happens, at the very least it would be confusing to me :p_angel:

A server merge though is always a painful ordeal; just looking at the technical aspects (e.g. full reinstall of the server software, then the database dump, and integrity/stability checks after) is already difficult, and despite what management sees as a cost-cutting measure, the full process of merging is quite costly in itself.

It would be better for the time and energy to be spent on such a merge be used in fixing bugs, especially the recent network issues.

#71 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

I just made a toon in Ymir with the same name as my Valk main, so if a merge happens, at the very least it would be confusing to me :p_angel:

A server merge though is always a painful ordeal; just looking at the technical aspects (e.g. full reinstall of the server software, then the database dump, and integrity/stability checks after) is already difficult, and despite what management sees as a cost-cutting measure, the full process of merging is quite costly in itself.

It would be better for the time and energy to be spent on such a merge be used in fixing bugs, especially the recent network issues.

Well, not to mention DIFFERENT people with the same name. Then guilds being broken. God item issues, whether they break them or not, there's gonna be rage and crying, cause not all guilds are gonna be formed the same as they were, some players will join other guilds, some guild leaders will join a guild rather than making one, and take their god items for personal use and everybody in former guild feels betrayed, etc. I have no desire for any of the above. And even if they just flat out delete all god items and ingredients, people that have played for 10 years building up that collection of god items, spending money in the cash shop to completely beast out their gears to be top form in WoE, and spending money on VIP for treasure drops, that's not fair to them at all, not to mention that leading a guild is a pain in the ass, even if you really like it. Dealing with supplies and recruiting and all the needs of every guild member, taking care of guild forms, ventrilo (lucky for Leo I do that for him) I'd be a little pissed if my god items were simply deleted after all that. Hell, I'd be pissed even if I wasn't the leader, and I'd probably quit. For good. And that coming from a TEN YEAR player.

Edited by Kuropi, 30 January 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#72 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

There's no point in a server merger at this point. The populations are pretty much stable, "online" users might drop as people reach 150/50 but they are still there for the most part if only to pvp/woe since they dont have to worry about sub fees like the other pre-merger situation. People dont really quit F2P games, they just play them less frequently.

Short of needing to re-coup the hardware used for the servers at least, thats about the only valid motivation for a merger now.

Edited by Hrothmund, 31 January 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#73 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Why is everyone knocking it? It was a huge improvement to almost every aspect of gameplay. After 6+ years, finally GFist gets an appropriate balancing measure. GX's are decent again. CS isn't OP, and HS is good, so RK's have to actually make choices in their skill build like everyone else. Freeze and Stone are back, deep sleep and mandy howl aren't OP anymore, Rangers don't suck anymore (well, their traps got nerfed, but they got decent arrow skills in return).... the balance patch was IMO a huge positive change, and the only problem with it is that it came a year after it should have.

And I say No on merge, and wish the people trying to stir up rumors of a merge would shut the hell up. The response from others is strongly negative, a merge will not do what you want it to.

This.

I liked the balance patch alot. Sure my RK got more nerfs than buffs but it was okay. And it's not the only balance patch coming our way according to Heim. So I don't see why people kept crying about it, I enjoy WoE now more than before.

#74 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

I would say people need some kind of reward to incentive WoE.

Something that would make fighting more appealing for those who are more casual to the game...

#75 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

I would say people need some kind of reward to incentive WoE.

Something that would make fighting more appealing for those who are more casual to the game...

cant agree more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users