Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

I wouldnt mind merging with ygg.

I would however mind a merge with Valk as long as that one is still filled with bots/chat spamming bots

#78 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

People here can't handle change.

has nothing to do with it we've been through server merges before, i have twice, the amount of ppl that quit isn't worth the merge.

#79 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Topic change: Cross server WoE anyone? After seeing all the hatred between Ymir and Valkyrie, I think they should go pounce at each other.

#80 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

what is the fun in having 100 odd people with access to 20/10 forts?. Ymir is the new iris :p_angel:

cross server woe would be fun indeed.

what would be interesting would be to have the woe realms common for all the 3 servers.

i really cant understand why some pathetic gutless baddie's keep crying about god items that others have. the game has good and experienced players in various guilds in all the 3 servers.

Hasnt the game provided us with enough idiot proof measures to tackle all god item/mvp card users? harmonize, disables , strips, manholes...

Do you think this is appropriate to be saying?

Cross server WoE we've brought up many times and each time we're told its not really feasible. If we could do cross server WoE we would just do cross server WoE but its a very DBA intensive to attempt such things with our current resources and Sakray is no where near on par with the "real" servers.

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Cross server WoE would be great!

but I'm just thinking over the implications of a merge of ygg and Ymir and it's pretty crappy.

After Loki, Chaos and Iris merged, they had barely the population of Chaos alone a few months later.

Assuming a merge takes Ymir+Ygg to around 1.2k players after ragequitting has taken place (and/or people moving to valk)

Then that is Sakray's (farmed god items) + Iris (farmed God items) + Loki (competed god items) + Chaos (Competed god items) + Ymir (farmed God items)
+ Ygg (Farmed components) = Obviously a god item break would be absolutely vital.
(quite a few people will quit here)

But the number of sets will be RETARDED and the seals will roll 3x a day like they did on Ymir.

Now for MVP cards.

6 Servers worth of MVP cards.

I knew guilds on CHAOS alone that had 8+ GTBs active per guild. Ymir was Worse.

There are guilds on Ymir that can kit every single player in God items. (over 70+ items per guild)

Now, I wear God items from Top to Toe, I own MVP cards. Why would I consider this a problem? It's not about holding my place, I don't WoE anymore. What it's truely about here is the fact that God items lost their rarity due to intense farming. The Ratio of God items : Players would be SO high on this server, that no new player would ever truly feel that they had a chance.

And yet some of those god items took months / years to make, and some of us won't WOE because of the retarded amount of unpunished macroing, client editting and RMT (Oh if you want to hear it all again CMs, I am willing to spam you). So once those hard earned group items are gone, for those who created them with competition in a fair manner, they're gone forever. Cause not every God item was churned out of a God Item factory.

All in all, it'd be a miserable as hell server. I've no doubt that a lot of the people who started on Ygg to escape that bs would HATE it.

Edited by Xellie, 31 January 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#82 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

ygg has a ton of bots as well

and cross server woe? they cant even have stable servers let alone a woe that has been working on ymir in the past weeks Posted Image

#83 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

The BIGGEST challenge for the management is to FIX the game first and foremost

Fix the game (balances, economy, etc)
AND Fix the bugs

And then when everyone is happy & the population matures again (i believe this can happen),
then thats a good time to merge, if it would still be necessary at that point in time....

Because doing a merger now is like puting duct tape on a leaky jar, which would make problems worse, & more people would possibly leave becuase of that..

I suggest for the management to go back to the fundamental problems for now... fixing balance & economy, and fixing the bugs. (i cannot emphasize this enough)

For the ymir population part, lets just do our share of marketing the server, i personally had a youtube channel put up just to attract players.... and there are benefits :p_angel:

Edited by mikeberserkr, 31 January 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#84 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Personally I would love a merge, but I don't think it's a smart business move, if you have that many people dead set against a merge to make it happen any time soon.
Only way I could see it happening is if you can address the communities concerns about said merger, before you take the plunge.
Few concerns I have heard so far

Zeny difference in gears value, Solution:(Huge Zeny sink to the likes none have ever been seen before merger) then after merger ( An Equal opportunity to gain zeny without relying on buying/selling KP for a reasonable amount of time)
(maybe this would be a good time to introduce a real item for Zeny exchange, one thats not 2 rough ore for a 5 milion zeny item.) (If people take a big loss in zeny, they get frustrated and QUIT! or bot to recover lost zeny, this is especially true for new players. Prevent this by making equal opportunity to earn zeny legit.)

Bots mainly Zeny spammers, Solution: ( Have some anti-Spam bot measure in place, I personally have given a reasonable solution to witch even your development team said could work, years back, yet no permanent solution has ever been attempted.)

MVP cards and God Item difference from Ymir > Valk, Solution: ( If you plan to remove the GTB cards maybe have an Exchange system for MVP choice it's real important to not cheap out , maybe offer 2 or 3 MVP cards of choice for 1 GTB card) (or disable GTB effects for a limited amount of time)

Agree To what Mr Budd said, people are not willing to accept change

To Dr Azzy "Balance patch made me UnQuit RO" (I say being given community mod seems more likely made you un-quit, you were so much more objective before you had that given to you.)

Dr Azzy Quote:
"
Why is everyone knocking it? It was a huge improvement to almost every aspect of gameplay. After 6+ years, finally GFist gets an appropriate balancing measure. GX's are decent again. CS isn't OP, and HS is good, so RK's have to actually make choices in their skill build like everyone else. Freeze and Stone are back, deep sleep and mandy howl aren't OP anymore, Rangers don't suck anymore (well, their traps got nerffed, but they got decent arrow skills in return).... the balance patch was IMO a huge positive change, and the only problem with it is that it came a year after it should have."

(I Agree with most of this except, why would we want to go back to pre-renewal status effects ruling woe again!?? Freeze stun stone curse really? It sucked pre renewal it sucks even more now, people loose the varity of armor they can use because of these outdated status effects. (wasn't that the purpose of rebalencing?)

(Yet everyone has a big problem with deep sleep because there's not cards to counter them,
solution: reduce clown/dancer sleep by 1/3 of what it was before reballencing, instead of making it totally useless, Arulio is fine, just needs a tweek to make it work as intended, maybe let last on the ground for few more seconds like a ground trap since thats how it is now working. Using a Sledge hammer instead of a screwdriver to tweek over powered skills, seems to be a common practice for the development team, but thats nothing new.)

second part to Dr Azzy's Quote
"And I say No on merge, and wish the people trying to stir up rumors of a merge would shut the hell up. The response from others is strongly negative, a merge will not do what you want it to."

(You're a community mod telling peopled asked for their opinions to shut the hell up, Really?)

Edited by GhostShadow, 31 January 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#85 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

One thing all i can say about what happened to RO reason why we are on a crisis like this where we dont have that much people now is because the people complain too much about this game they always has something to say in every parts or anything that a GM could do, GMs did their best to pamper those complainers. One way or the another this game could not be in perfect condition (well there is no perfect game) we have to face that, all we need to do is stop complaining and just enjoy the game like how we used to do way back. So, funny people complain about its better in pre-renewal and for sure other side will be game is boring now because there is no change. All i can say i man... its really true its so hard to please people nowadays...

#86 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Maybe people can't enjoy the game? Maybe the game's not that good? Maybe people have been playing so long they don't know what they would do without the game?

I haven't played in a while, it's just...what's the point?

#87 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

second part to Dr Azzy's Quote
"And I say No on merge, and wish the people trying to stir up rumors of a merge would shut the hell up. The response from others is strongly negative, a merge will not do what you want it to."

(You're a community mod telling peopled asked for their opinions to shut the hell up, Really?)

He's a community mod telling people who are spreading completely unfounded rumors to shut up. I don't really see the problem... It's just causing unnecessary grief and conflict in this topic right now.

Edited by Kuropi, 31 January 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#88 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm against a merge, merging doesn't solve bug issues. Alot of problems we got are due to kRO sucking on colossal levels. Fixing bugs should be a top priority.

I dont care if kRO fixes bugs, we know what needs to get fixed and our GMs have the capacity to fix them.

Edited by Cubical, 31 January 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#89 Aloria

Aloria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

When I came back to RO (after many years not playing it) and found out it was f2p I decided I'd give it a go for 1-2 weeks before paying. Now that I have vip it is pointless to join ymir (for now) as all the friends I have made are on ygg. Not saying I won't ever try ymir... but I have a feeling this will be a continued cycle for new players coming back to iRO which is probably why ymir's population isn't growing drastically. As someone stated, recruit friends.

Either way a merge isn't something I would like to see... As each server is different in economy and population (bots, etc.).

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Kinda just feeling the need to point out that I've been told to remove phrases like "shut up" and "shut the hell up" from posts, why should a mod be allowed to post so agressively? ._.

Edited by Xellie, 31 January 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#91 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Cross server WoE would be great!

but I'm just thinking over the implications of a merge of ygg and Ymir and it's pretty crappy.

After Loki, Chaos and Iris merged, they had barely the population of Chaos alone a few months later.

Assuming a merge takes Ymir+Ygg to around 1.2k players after ragequitting has taken place (and/or people moving to valk)

Then that is Sakray's (farmed god items) + Iris (farmed God items) + Loki (competed god items) + Chaos (Competed god items) + Ymir (farmed God items)
+ Ygg (Farmed components) = Obviously a god item break would be absolutely vital.
(quite a few people will quit here)

But the number of sets will be RETARDED and the seals will roll 3x a day like they did on Ymir.

Now for MVP cards.

6 Servers worth of MVP cards.

I knew guilds on CHAOS alone that had 8+ GTBs active per guild. Ymir was Worse.

There are guilds on Ymir that can kit every single player in God items. (over 70+ items per guild)

Now, I wear God items from Top to Toe, I own MVP cards. Why would I consider this a problem? It's not about holding my place, I don't WoE anymore. What it's truely about here is the fact that God items lost their rarity due to intense farming. The Ratio of God items : Players would be SO high on this server, that no new player would ever truly feel that they had a chance.

And yet some of those god items took months / years to make, and some of us won't WOE because of the retarded amount of unpunished macroing, client editting and RMT (Oh if you want to hear it all again CMs, I am willing to spam you). So once those hard earned group items are gone, for those who created them with competition in a fair manner, they're gone forever. Cause not every God item was churned out of a God Item factory.

All in all, it'd be a miserable as hell server. I've no doubt that a lot of the people who started on Ygg to escape that bs would HATE it.

God item drama isn't going to end until some sort of limitation takes place, like

- Limiting the number of sets that can be made
- Setting a duration for a godlike item, like 1 year
- Limiting the number of godlikes per guild

Otherwise the number will just keep increasing with all the farming, the god item ratio is already high enough the more time it passes with the current system the worse it will get, I bet the developers didn't plan RO to get this far years ago...

#92 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

The only merge I really kind of liked was Sakray (since actually could be worse, since Sakray was never suppose to let transfers happen) but the mass transfer to Iris was a huge error with the way Iris was as a Community.

Chaos and Loki were two really different POV Cultures of combat, Iris was more Pacifist.

Now to merge Valk onto Ymir would be lethal for cultural crash and Ygg onto Ymir would be just like taking a acolyte to Biolabs 3, he can teleport but he is gonna get killed either way too fast.

The only thing I can find is to close valk F2P and open Ymir as F2P temporally to get new people there, the side effect would be bots attacking the server and as an original Chaos player I will hate to hear my born server is being abused by bots.

Ygg is out of question, While I don't play there, Ygg is trying and has a right to thrive.

#93 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Topic change: Cross server WoE anyone? After seeing all the hatred between Ymir and Valkyrie, I think they should go pounce at each other.

I think Cross Server WoE would be epic when the new WoE Update comes up!
Those would be some epic battles right there xD. Since there will be even more Guilds battleing for a castle and fewer castles to battle for, definitely worth WoEing since new drops are implemented in the treasure boxes.

#94 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Cross server PvP. :p_angel:

Edited by SirDouglas, 31 January 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#95 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Do you think this is appropriate to be saying?

Cross server WoE we've brought up many times and each time we're told its not really feasible. If we could do cross server WoE we would just do cross server WoE but its a very DBA intensive to attempt such things with our current resources and Sakray is no where near on par with the "real" servers.

Durrrrrrrr, does anyone even read the thread?

#96 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

He's a community mod telling people who are spreading completely unfounded rumors to shut up. I don't really see the problem... It's just causing unnecessary grief and conflict in this topic right now.

All the more reason he should set an example keep it to PMs, cut the drama & keep it professional then right?

Edited by GhostShadow, 31 January 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#97 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

God item drama isn't going to end until some sort of limitation takes place, like

- Limiting the number of sets that can be made
- Setting a duration for a godlike item, like 1 year
- Limiting the number of godlikes per guild

Otherwise the number will just keep increasing with all the farming, the god item ratio is already high enough the more time it passes with the current system the worse it will get, I bet the developers didn't plan RO to get this far years ago...

It is too late for that on Ymir.
Any new servers and possibly ygg would benefit from such a system. But Ymir has so much time invested into it that those players will quit instantly.

Account binding god items and allowing rentals to be the item that guildmembers use, etc, would make a large difference, many god items change hands illegally or are inherited and end up in the same place. In the case of a new server from the word go, god items should be limited, acc bound with a lending system and/or possibly have an expiry date too. God items should be limited in the amount of time they can be created and remain a highly saught after item.

Not something everyone can inherit.

But yeah. Too late for Ymir. Can't speak for Valk, but something could surely save Ygg.

#98 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I think in reality the OP really meant they just want more people to play. Which is what everyone I'm sure is thinking in our most honest and sincere thoughts, but we're all also aware that recruiting a large new player base is next to impossible.

Ymir will die without a doubt. Most people don't play MMORPG's for leveling. They play it for events, socializing, and player vs player. Ymir itself has none of these in its current state that would attract a new player to want to play and stay on Ymir.

Pay per month for what? The chance to get in a farm like TI party where everyone but the AB (50% of the time) is on auto pilot? Solo runs on instances that should demand a full party? One sided WoE's where one guild can pretty much can take whatever they want? PvP full of jerkoffs draped in god items and MVP cards? A too long broken system that inspired mockery like player names like "Reflect Leveling" "Gates of Hell" and other middle finger to the system names. Doubt it.

Although I renew my subscription every month (for as little as I play) I pay for the convenience. I would find it hard for anyone to pay for what seems to me a giant "work-in-progress." Updates are one things, I understand glitches, and balances that have to be worked out, but with an inattentive, and uncooperative parent corporation iRO is set up to fail.

The old players dream of having chaos, loki, and iris back, while the new players dream of having a community they can call home. Valk even with its faults, has at least a relatively decent sized player base to argue its worth. Valk is child hood, Ymir is the later years and Ygg is the retirement home.

As cynical as that sounds, I will not discredit the GM team, or the people who are trying their best to keep this game afloat. Your efforts and time put in are not lost on me. I pay my monthly subscription, and buy roughly $30 dollars per pack or box when they come out. Even if I can't offer the most kind words, I can still chip in what I can to support all of your efforts.

TL:DR OP I appreciate your love for the game, its good to know people still suggest ways to keep it alive. I just don't see it happening.

#99 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

what about event Cross server WoE like once a month or something?

guilds register ahead of time giving them time get the database ready cutoff registering 1 week before the event.

the guilds data is transferred to like sakray just before the event, and they fight it out.

the winners get some kind of prizes

#100 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

cross server woe with no god items/mvp cards once a week, then the other time single server woe.

while a fun idea, I'm thinking it's about #9 in the book of 1000 things-easier-said-than-done.

Edited by Ultimate, 31 January 2012 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users