• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Krux

Krux

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

I downloaded the game client and allowed it access through my firewall and when I try to run the game, I get this updater window come up loading for a short while and a window pops up saying Error 06: Failed Internet Connection. Is there something wrong with the servers?

#2 steveuk87

steveuk87

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

i get the same been really annoting me, i have manually downloaded the patches, and i have deleted some game files for it to auto update (read on FAQ for warpportal) and still not working.. is it a currput install?

Steve

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

First, be sure of download the Memento Mori version, other versions may not update.

Second, wich windows are you guys using? If you have windows vista, be sure of run as administrator, and also, notice that install the game in the Program Files folder can bring problems, because it may not let you update.

Issues with installing, updating or launching Requiem successfully: https://support.warp...ng-requiem.aspx

Data Execution Prevention settings: https://support.warp...BSearchID=38763

Error 06: Failed Internet Connection: https://support.warp...BSearchID=38759

What ports do I need to open in my firewall for Requiem to connect?: https://support.warp...BSearchID=38761

#4 Krux

Krux

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

I've tried all of your advice but I don't know what ports I have opened or closed on my router.
The game is allowed through the firewall and I reinstalled using the Memento Mori version and moved the install out of Program Files, I deleted those 3 files it said to remove and to keep running the updater as administrator. I must have run it 1,000 times. Still nothing so far.

#5 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Sometimes your internet connection can damage the client you need to reinstall it or try deleting any files which relate to the current patch.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Some times if you dont use IE 7 or better it dont update very well.

You try to use the manual patch?

Try to go to the requiem folder and open the Version.dat with notepad, and check what it saids:

Mine said:

UserGameVersion=00000313;
UserPatchVersion=00000313;

Dont modify the data, because it can dmg the client, just check it.

#7 Krux

Krux

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

I hadn't tried any manual patch. Where would I find that?
And my Version.dat says
UserGameVersion=00000286;
UserPatchVersion=00000286;

Edited by Krux, 26 July 2010 - 07:46 AM.

#8 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

I hadn't tried any manual patch. Where would I find that?
And my Version.dat says
UserGameVersion=00000286;
UserPatchVersion=00000286;

http://forums.warppo...file-downloads/

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

If the normal manual patch dont work, try to read here: http://www.playrequi...sts=100&start=1

"Once installed using the latest version of the Setup if the Updater cannot patch because the download of the patch files repeatedly fails then you may manually download all the patch files necessary and place them in the Patches folder of the \Gravity\Requiem directory

(Create the folder if it does not yet exist; by default it is located at C:\Program Files\Gravity\Requiem\Patches)"

"(Never manually change the UserGameVersion value in the Version.dat file! You may need to open Version.dat in Notepad to edit only the UserPatchVersion value in order to have the Updater understand that the patch files are already present in the Patches folder. Change the UserPatchVersion value so that the last 3 digits match the highest numbered RTP file that was manually downloaded and copied into the Patches folder. Also, please note that you cannot skip any of the patch files because the Updater must apply them in order. In other words if any of the necessary files are missing = fail.)"

#10 Krux

Krux

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

:o i read the page that Loyalty linked me to and I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I didn't have the Patches folder and than I came back and read what you, Nadesh posted and so I made that folder and dumped all the patch files in there and changed that number in the Version.dat file. AND THE UPDATER WORKED!!!!!!!!!
THANK YYYOOOUUU!!!!!!!!!! ur the best!!!

#11 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Nady is like Jesus, but with no beard!

#12 katax

katax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

well i tried everything you said and for me it doesnt work :rolleyes: . i have no idea what to do next, but to hope that they will have better client or something. the saddest part is that while i was using wind. xp it worked, and now on wind 7 it doesnt. and i also couldnt dl client from sakanas link, but had to use megaupload. also tried with manual patching, and stil nothing. just geting stupid error 06. well i guess i can only hope that they will make some diference or something. till then one big hi to all people from all servers i met during last year and a half of playing. :unsure:

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

First of all check if the client isnt corrupt, then try to install the game in a different folder than the Program Files one. Then try to run as administrator.

When try to manual patch, check the version.dat (with notepad) file in the requiem folder to see if it match the version we have atm.

I also read that start windows in safe mode and install the game could work.

If nothing works, you always can try to send a ticket to the support center.

#14 Raiskin

Raiskin

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

I have vista, i ran the game as an administrator, i guess I have to older version of the game, i keep getting Error 06: Failed Internet Connection and what's most funniest i cant find Patches folder in the C:\Program Files\Gravity\Requiem. So i guess i dont have patches at all and i thats why i keep getting Error 06: Failed Internet Connection? Please someone tell me from where excactly i can download ALL patches? And after i make myself ''Patches'' folder and copy them in that folder, what do i do next?

#15 Raiskin

Raiskin

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

;) i read the page that Loyalty linked me to and I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I didn't have the Patches folder and than I came back and read what you, Nadesh posted and so I made that folder and dumped all the patch files in there and changed that number in the Version.dat file. AND THE UPDATER WORKED!!!!!!!!!
THANK YYYOOOUUU!!!!!!!!!! ur the best!!!

Where did you get all the patches??! Cuz i seem to have the same problem. No Patches Folder.. If you or somebody would help me with this problem?

#16 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

http://forums.warppo...file-downloads/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users